We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Changes in Beorning

Its nice to see that you guys are listening to the community feedback with this update. I hope our concerns about Beorning will also be heard.

I wont be asking for major changes right now because it doesn't seem possible for the devs to invest too much in Beorning at this point. However there are some problems with the new set bonuses.

Blue line set bonus sounds good at first but I am not sure if the person that created this set bonus actually read the blue line capstone trait. Beorning normally loses 3 wrath per second in bear form. New raid set bonus reduces this by 2. However, blue line capstone trait "Animalistic" already does the same thing. So the ending result will be -1. Does this mean that beorning will gain 1 wrath per second in bear form? Or will it be just 0? Then what is the point in making the raid set reduce it by 2 instead of 1. If someone who could try it clarify this, it would be great. Even if it gives us 1 wrath per second, a blue bear NEVER has problem with wrath management. This set bonus seems kind of pointless. It would be much better if we could have both our "Vigilant Roar" and "Thunderous Roar" available. Maybe it can be enabled with set bonus?

Yellow line set bonus also sounds good and I think its actually nice for a more steady AoE heal. However, Encouraging roar heal over time pulses don't scale correctly. First tier heals for 1750-2500, second tier for 1900- 2750 and third tier for 2050-3000 every 3 seconds. The increase should be much higher on each tier instead of 150-250. This is with 115k outgoing healing and a rare healing rune which is bugged. Which brings me to the next problem:

TACTICAL HEALING LEGACY ON BEORNING CARVING IS NOT WORKING It doesn't affect healing at all. Since this legacy is broken, NEW HEALING RUNES ARE ALSO NOT WORKING.(Vanguard Rune of Binding). While every other healer class received about 80% increase in heals with new runes, beorning received the end of the stick. If making it work again sounds too much, lower the base heal of beorning and make this legacy work. Then maybe with new runes beorning heal can be on par with insane heals of other healers. Because right now AoE heal is like 11.5k every 6 seconds and if you are lucky to crit it heals for 24k on a target with no inc healing. The key phrase is "6 seconds" which is a very long duration and its really hard to use it exactly every 6 seconds because you constantly have to go back to man form to regenerate wrath. The animation of going into man form and back into bear form takes 2 seconds in itself already. And of course there is also 5 seconds cool down of transformation.

In-Combat Resurrect keeps getting bugged. I lost count of how many times I had to reset a boss fight because this in-combat revive decides to not work. It is obvious that this is related to the trait that changes it from out-of-combat to in-combat. Just make that trait create a new skill while keeping the old one, like almost every other class that has an in-combat revive. This is a game-breaking bug and one of the main reasons why beorning is not accepted in group play. Please fix it. I beg of you...

New change to red line together with set bonus is actually great. Mobs have high mitigation value in mordor t2 instances and even with all the debuffs from other classes they still have high mitigations remaining which gives this kind of personal mitigation ignore skills their own merit. Burglars 10% mitigation ignore(20% with raid set) is another example. This new change helps beorning stay longer in bear form and have their buff up all the time. If only free execute could proc more...

All in all I can see a positive change but it is still very faint.

Beorning changes are NOT positive... Atm the only way to do dps in red line is to quickly switch bear/human to maintain expose. If you use expose in bear form, your dps lowers by 25% since the 15% buff replaces the 40% one, it is just completely useless to do so. You can dps more by staying in human form with the 40% expose buff than staying in bear form with the 15% buff since mobs have so high mitigations. Also, the only buff you gain in bear form (raining blows) can be maintained tier 3 all fight long even if you don't stay in bear form for long, and bear form skills have a long cooldown that forces you to switch back to human, so there is literally 0 reason to stay in bear form for long if you want to maximise dps and the new set bonus is then also useless since you don't need wrath that much...

Well if you finally manage to get the raid set it increases the mitigation penetration by 15% resulting in 30%. In a raid mobs probably only have about 20-30% mitigation left after all the debuffs from other people. In the end you will ignore whats left of the mobs mitigation and will be able to regenerate wrath in bear form thanks to expose. 40% is already overkill because you cant go below 0% mitigation. Thats also why beorning was in a bad situation before mordor. Armor debuffs from other classes were so strong that mobs didn't have any mitigation left for beorning to ignore. It is not the same in mordor. Now everything has huge mitigation and armor debuffs are not enough to erase it completely. You go in man form for 3 things; expose buff, wrath regen and full crit maul maybe. This new change together with set bonus helps you on the first 2 reasons.
    Last edited by Aegass; Dec 01 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Blue and yellow set bonuses are fine. Super mild changes to make things slightly better is what set bonuses are supposed to do.

It's a bit of a shame that they had to make the red bonus in response to a totally random change to expose they made with this patch but I guess the set bonus itself falls into the same category as the blue/yellow ones so it's still fine.

SSG still hasn't addressed the problem of getting a Beorning in a raid to actually obtain this gear though.

Edit: Hrm, someone probably needs to check if bear form expose can proc moment of opportunity. If it does then the expose change could be an incredibly mild Beorning buff overall rather than being pointless.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Blue and yellow set bonuses are fine. Super mild changes to make things slightly better is what set bonuses are supposed to do.

It's a bit of a shame that they had to make the red bonus in response to a totally random change to expose they made with this patch but I guess the set bonus itself falls into the same category as the blue/yellow ones so it's still fine.

SSG still hasn't addressed the problem of getting a Beorning in a raid to actually obtain this gear though.

Edit: Hrm, someone probably needs to check if bear form expose can proc moment of opportunity. If it does then the expose change could be an incredibly mild Beorning buff overall rather than being pointless.
    It does proc it, but even with that it's not good enough. There are only two cases in which using Expose in bear form is beneficial. The first one is obviously if you stayed in bear form too long and lost the -40% bypass. The second one is when both Composure and Ferocious Roar are off cooldown, since those two keep you locked in animation for the entire cooldown of Expose anyways. Besides, free execute procs don't happen often enough to be a relevant and/or reliable portion of DPS anyways.

As far as the sets go (assuming they all work as intended), I have to say I like the yellow set a lot. I do think it should apply raid-wide though (it's a raid set after all), like the other AoE healing effects. The idea behind it is great though, and something like this is exactly what yellow line needed. Like OP mentioned though, scaling of heals with tactical healing rating needs to be fixed. Badly.
    The red line set just looks terrible. Losing 10% of the bypass in exchange for an at best mediocre hit just doesn't seem good. It would be really good if it bumped the buff to the same level as the man form one though (assuming red line would be usable in group content in the first place).
    And finally the blue line set seems really interesting and could have a lot of potential, if Beornings can become a reasonable option for tanking.