We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Registration for new player

    Hi, my friend is trying to register his account but he is unable to get past the maintenance page even though they apparently ended maintenance around 12 hours ago.
    Registraton page is offline to me too.

    https://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php
    ^Its correct page for registration right?

    Or registration for new player is still offline without any announcement?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,825
    It's showing for me now. Though I am getting a "connection is not secure" warning from Firefox.

  3. #3
    Thank you for reply.
    It seems live now, though it was offline over 24h without any announcement.

  4. #4
    omg yes its bad

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2

    Cannot create a new LOTRO account

    My Wife has tried to create a LOTRO multiple times at https://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php in different browsers & PCs, failing every time. She keep getting the error, HTTP 500 error

    The website cannot display the page
    HTTP 500
    Most likely causes:
    •The website is under maintenance.
    •The website has a programming error.

    She wanted to create an new account/character to play LOTRO together with me. It's been nearly 2 days now & she still cannot register a new LOTRO account. We opened a support ticket, but haven't had any response, is anyone there at LOTRO support?

    Is there an alternate method/site to register a new LOTRO account? Please help!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by GLipscom View Post
    My Wife has tried to create a LOTRO multiple times at https://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php in different browsers & PCs, failing every time. She keep getting the error, HTTP 500 error

    The website cannot display the page
    HTTP 500
    Most likely causes:
    •The website is under maintenance.
    •The website has a programming error.

    She wanted to create an new account/character to play LOTRO together with me. It's been nearly 2 days now & she still cannot register a new LOTRO account. We opened a support ticket, but haven't had any response, is anyone there at LOTRO support?

    Is there an alternate method/site to register a new LOTRO account? Please help!!!
    By "account" do you mean to enter the forums, or to play the game.



    Assuming we are talking about the game, where did the install files come from??

    If you have a working lotro account, you can transfer all the files in the program files (86)/turbine/lotro folder to her computer, run "TurbineRegisterGDF" and the game is installed and ready to go. You will also find a newer version of the launcher in this folder; that replaces the old Turbine branded version.

    You could also check the logs from the Launcher; it should be trying to visit "http://moria.gls.lotro.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx", and the akamai patch server.

    Finally, also make sure lotro.exe isnt being blocked by her firewall; it happens a lot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    California, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2

    Cannot create a new LOTRO account

    Thanks Yarbro for the reply...

    By account, I meant LOTRO account credential (username & password) that my Wife needs to login to the game.

    I've already downloaded & installed the LOTRO client software from http://content.turbine.com/sites/cli.../lotrolive.exe & installed on both our Windows 10 PCs.

    Luckily, this is all a moot point now... After the several dozen attempts, over nearly 3 days, I was successful in creating her account... now that our long weekend off from work is over!

    Oh well, them's the breaks, thanks again Yarbro,

    Allynli of Bree, Brandywine

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by GLipscom View Post
    Thanks Yarbro for the reply...

    By account, I meant LOTRO account credential (username & password) that my Wife needs to login to the game.

    I've already downloaded & installed the LOTRO client software from http://content.turbine.com/sites/cli.../lotrolive.exe & installed on both our Windows 10 PCs.

    Luckily, this is all a moot point now... After the several dozen attempts, over nearly 3 days, I was successful in creating her account... now that our long weekend off from work is over!

    Oh well, them's the breaks, thanks again Yarbro,

    Allynli of Bree, Brandywine

    Ah, OK. I know there was a big problem with new Forum accounts a couple of weeks ago; but that was supposed to have been sorted out a week ago. Glad to hear everything is working now.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Ah, OK. I know there was a big problem with new Forum accounts a couple of weeks ago; but that was supposed to have been sorted out a week ago. Glad to hear everything is working now.
    It's not completely sorted though, I still can't log in on my new account. It shows all servers closed, but on my main account they all show as open.

  10. #10

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkori View Post
    Hi, my friend is trying to register his account but he is unable to get past the maintenance page even though they apparently ended maintenance around 12 hours ago.
    Registraton page is offline to me too.

    https://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php
    ^Its correct page for registration right?

    Or registration for new player is still offline without any announcement?

    You can't use special character in you password. For e.g. Password123 works. Password12&3 won't work.

    Your Talge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Talge View Post
    You can't use special character in you password. For e.g. Password123 works. Password12&3 won't work.

    Your Talge
    Please read what the OP said, and then take a close look at your reply. The reg page was bust, possibly due to a "captcha" problem that a LOT of websites were experiencing; so what you say is completely irrelevant.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredrikstad - Norway
    Posts
    6
    Still dont work, any ideas / ETA ?

    HTTP Error 500 when you hit Sign Up Today
    Last edited by Falrc; Feb 01 2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Rinduren, Challenger Of The Rift
    Lvl 50 Rune-Keeper Healer
    Officer of Devout Of The Lidless Eye @ Anor
    Alts: Thyra, Rawki and Adra

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredrikstad - Norway
    Posts
    6
    Still dont work. That is really bad!
    Rinduren, Challenger Of The Rift
    Lvl 50 Rune-Keeper Healer
    Officer of Devout Of The Lidless Eye @ Anor
    Alts: Thyra, Rawki and Adra

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrc View Post
    Still dont work. That is really bad!
    Read up on how to flush your dns cache, it MIGHT be that; also check the site isnt being blacklisted by firewall, or ISP. yesterdays update caused Comodo to block the game again.

    Final thought, should it be HTTPS ? try manually changing the address, just n case you are getting a bad redirect.

    (the "S" is for "secure".

  15. #15
    My friends can not register. They really want to play the game. Why the Administration does not respond? Administration is not profitable for new players to come?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    125
    My friends can not register too. They try different combinations for login and password, and always get message about using special characters in you password or login. Even when they use only letters, they still get same messages. May be that's why we don't have new players - because sign-up page broken and have huge amount of errors?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    My friends can not register too. They try different combinations for login and password, and always get message about using special characters in you password or login. Even when they use only letters, they still get same messages. May be that's why we don't have new players - because sign-up page broken and have huge amount of errors?
    I have just successfully registered a new account (11th Feb 2019), using Firefox 65.0 on Win7; so registration is working, obviously there is an issue with whatever browsers you are using.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload