We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

@Vastin 21.3 PvP Changes Review

Alright, so a brief summation of changes, not as mathematical as the last feedback, as it seems the buffs were filled in through the class base stats from passive contribution:

I won't go into detail in analyzing that, I'll leave that to Vastin. However, from a Warg perspective, here's what is lacking, and (sadly) what we regressed on with this update compared to last Build.

Overall Stat Changes:

All comparison made from last build to this build

-------------

Base Critical Rating is still 0, however the base Melee % is up to 14.1% 4.4%

Crit Rating Corruptions have been nerfed to contribute 5% critical Magnitude instead of 15%.

I'm a big fan of this. With no Crit Corruptions slotted, Critical % isn't terrible, and with class passives, you can reach about 30% with 3 corruptions, which is exactly where we should be. There's still a motivation for slotting 6 crit for additional Crit Mag, but it significantly reduces the discrepancy between the Creep classes.

----------------

Finesse is still 5.9%, however Passives (including Finesse) have been buffed. I understand that SSG is trying to cover their Finesse corruption mistake, but we still cannot afford to slot Finesse mitigations. Base Finesse needs to be buffed by AT LEAST 3-5% across the board, OR it needs to be re-introduced back as part of rank, and topped out at around 15-16%. This MUST go into effect. THIS MUST NOT GO LIVE.

----------------

Crit Defense went from 4k to 37,500, 8.7% to 47.2%

GREAT change, however, this does NOT address Burglar's and Hunters capability to hit insane Crit Magnitude, ESPECIALLY from DoT sources, as Critical Defense DOES NOT affect DoTs of ANY kind.

---------------

BPE for wargs:

Block: 5.8% to 8.6%
    Evade: 9% to 10.2%
    Parry: 7.8% to 9.3%

I do NOT like these changes, as it also increases partial BPE chance. Creeps do NOT need more RNG defense (hoping for a BPE to reduce overall damage), but to OVERALL reduce incoming damage through consistent means like mitigations and -inc% damage sources. BPE was fine with last build, this was NOT needed. All this will do is decrease Freep quality of life through frustration of BPE and Partial BPEs

----------------

Specific Cry Resist lowered from 45,000 to 34,000. Good change, reasonable resist is fine, shouldn't be a major effect on overall balance.

--------------

Mitigations:

PMIT: Base stat decresed from 48,000 to 32,350, 44.2% to 36%
    TMIT: Base stat increased from 18,300 to 19,250, 26.3% to 27.3%

Corruptions nerfed from 7636 to 5500.

This is BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD.
    I gave specific number increases that were needed to add to base Creep mitigations- those numbers were NOT added, an as insult to injury, Corruptions were nerfed MORE than I asked (the nerf being conditional on the base stat buff). Overall Creep mitigations have received only a few % points increase from LIVE to this CURRENT BUILD. This is TERRIBLE news for Creeps, and is going to lead to some very unhappy folks. THIS MUST NOT GO LIVE.

Please refer to my previous post (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rical-Feedback) for reference on what needs to happen to Creep mitigations. Creep mits were headed in the right direction last build, but just needed to be turned away from Corruptions and a bit more towards base stat. We took a step backwards with this build for apparently no reason. Please fix this.

-------------

ETC:

Morale buff was nerfed by a bit
    IMPORTANT: Incoming Healing still seems to be completely missing as a stat. This is HUGE, as even at rank 13, the bonus is more than 35% in terms of healing received from EVERY source (including Pots). This is a HUGE nerf to Creeps. I completely understand that mass healing is not what we want, but this is too much too fast. Either revert the changes, or give Creeps a flat 25% incoming healing stat. THIS MUST NOT GO LIVE.

Various passives were minorly buffed. Results will differ upon class.

Overall BIG things that need to happen ASAP:

1. Creep defensives through BASE MITIGATION and -INCOMING DAMAGE SOURCE (same source that Tome of Defenses apply to) needs to be buffed. I'm fine with the mitigation corruption nerf, but they MUST be increased by at least another 5%. The critical defense change was good, but not enough, ESPECIALLY considering Critical Defense DOES NOT affect DoTs of ANY kind.

2. Finesse MUST be buffed.

3. Temporary nerfs for Burglars/Hunters MUST be put into shape, whether it's a multiplicative -20% outgoing damage nerf on both, or -80% subtractive outgoing damage nerf on both.

In the future:

1. Discussion about PvP only armor/jewelry should continue

2. Various concerns with group play (infamy contribution, backdoors in combat, etc.)
    Last edited by Spilo; Dec 01 2017 at 11:48 AM.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Mitigations:

PMIT: Base stat decresed from 48,000 to 32,350
    TMIT: Base stat increased from 18,300 to 19,250

Corruptions nerfed from 7636 to 5500.
    In the Monster Player Base Stats U21.3 Beta #2 thread you found out that a change in rating was not always changing the %, but you still look at the rating.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    In the Monster Player Base Stats U21.3 Beta #2 thread you found out that a change in rating was not always changing the %, but you still look at the rating.
    In some cases, not in this one. I updated the OP to better communicate how much the change affected the numbers for.

+1 Spilo

Terrible build ... A big step back ... creeps have a nerf at the moment, not an improvement It seems to me that creeps will never get worthy stats. Developers take one step forward, and immediately two steps back ... Sorry for the negative, but it's really true for several years. We can only look with hope in the future, but not everyone can have enough patience ... But ... Still wish you good luck and creative inspiration! I hope that you will be able to find the right decision!

On a greenie stalker if one increases the Tactical Mitigation Rating through an Armour Value pot (e.g. 6465 -> 9649), the ''base''/shadow mitigation increases (e.g. 11% -> 15.6%), but the others Fire/Light/... stay at zero.

In some cases, not in this one. I updated the OP to better communicate how much the change affected the numbers for.
    Still not good.
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

Still not good.
    That was through bizarre negative values. I haven't tested those, but I believe Fire/Light were above zero in build 2. I don't have the motivation and log on and check again. Devs know the overall problem, that's all they need.

why is creep's fire and light mitigations now at 0% while shadow still stays at it's same % value?

also is there a bit more of balance spilo? or at least working towards it? I haven't had a chance to test anything.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

Ok so i have just come out of testing - created a burg and played it for the first time in my life.

Disclaimer: My build is not a glass cannon one, I have both mits capped 55% crit d high resistance etc so these numbers are from a balanced build.

I can easily kill any class without using dust or cdg or ko or evade - it's pretty stupid.

Have sparred all monster player classes once with mits and without with them using all skills and me not stunning, no cdg, no aim, no dust, no ko, no tng, no find footing - nothing - and guess what, easy wins.

Also had an experiment - tried sparring 3 reavers and 2 wargs - surprise surprise they were all dead in 3mins 41 seconds. Only used one aim cdg, and only one ko and evade - that's it. Bearing in mind they used everything they had.

Imo this is pretty ridiculous and seems to be no different from live. Hurry up with the burg and hunter changes as people are leaving the game rapidly - otherwise say bye bye to your precious VIP sub money!

Looking forward to getting some solid creepside testing in this weekend, but initially my thought is that the Crit Defense changes and crit mag changes are going to do very little. You will have two far ends of the spectrum, both of which are the result of Legendary items and gear/traits.

Classes without crit mag legacies, IE guard, are going to remain useless.

Classes with huge crit multipliers and buffs to criticals will feel a slight nerf, but still be strong.

Can pretty much echo what has been said in here already.
    I haven't tested much yet but here are some quick comments.

From a Reaver's standpoint compared to the previous Beta:
    • Morale values are slightly lower, but still slightly higher than currently on Live.
    • ICMR and ICPR have been lowered, but still are in a much better spot than they are on Live right now.
    • Seems like base Critical Rating got increased (which is good), but in order to cap Critical Rating you still need 3 corruptions. I'm happy with the reduction in Critical Damage multipliers, but due to this (from a Reaver's point of view) damage got nerfed, and it's not like Reaver really needed that....
    • Finesse is still very much lacking, especially as a melee class. Bring back finesse with BFP's or simply increase the base amount.
    • Mastery seems to be unchanged.
    • We got a good boost in Critical Defence, which was very much needed, but crit magnitude heavy classes still do absurd amounts of damage. Having Critical Defence affect DoT criticals would help a lot as well.
    • Resistance is currently 0, unless you use a DoF pot. Song/Cry/Phys/Tact resists seem to be fine currently.
    • BPE got a slight increase for Reavers. It might seem high, but as far as I've seen seems to be in a decent spot.
    • Base mitigations have been increased, which was definitely needed. But the corruptions got lowered. Essentially, when using corruptions we're back to Live values, but if you don't you're at least not stuck with 0%. Without any slotted I'm looking at 43% Beleriand and 44.8% Fire/Light. With 3 of each at 62.6% and 65.1% respectively. With 6 72.8% and 75.7%. (Which I doubt many use at this point with only so many slots available)
    • Incoming Healing is still missing and seriously needs to get reverted.

Freep damage is still high, and Reaver damage still lacking.
    Either mitigations need another buff, or we need a flat increased in -% damage taken. (Since I doubt nerfs to certain skills or classes will happen)
    Just gonna leave this here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ce-Suggestions

~Urundus
    Last edited by Urundus; Dec 01 2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post

• Morale values are slightly lower, but still slightly higher than currently on Live.
    • ICMR and ICPR have been lowered, but still are in a much better spot than they are on Live right now.
    • Seems like base Critical Rating got increased (which is good), but in order to cap Critical Rating you still need 3 corruptions. I'm happy with the reduction in Critical Damage multipliers, but due to this (from a Reaver's point of view) damage got nerfed, and it's not like Reaver really needed that....
    • Finesse is still very much lacking, especially as a melee class. Bring back finesse with BFP's or simply increase the base amount.
    • We got a good boost in Critical Defence, which was very much needed, but crit magnitude heavy classes still do absurd amounts of damage. Having Critical Defence affect DoT criticals would help a lot as well.
    • Resistance is currently 0, unless you use a DoF pot. Song/Cry/Phys/Tact resists seem to be fine currently.
    • BPE got a slight increase for Reavers. It might seem high, but as far as I've seen seems to be in a decent spot.
    • Base mitigations have been increased, which was definitely needed. But the corruptions got lowered. Essentially, when using corruptions we're back to Live values, but if you don't you're at least not stuck with 0%. Without any slotted I'm looking at 43% Beleriand and 44.8% Fire/Light. With 3 of each at 62.6% and 65.1% respectively. With 6 72.8% and 75.7%. (Which I doubt many use at this point with only so many slots available)

Either mitigations need another buff, or we need a flat increased in -% damage taken. (Since I doubt nerfs to certain skills or classes will happen)
    Just gonna leave this here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ce-Suggestions

~Urundus
    Pretty much that.
    I've done some comparisons with LIVE.
    - Up : Base Damage and Base Heal, Finesse, Morale, BPE, Resistance, Critical Defence, Mitigation.
    - Down : Incoming Heal. Critical Damage.
    Overall
    - Damage dealt is down.
    - Heals received are down.
    - Damage received is down.
    Damage received VS Heals received estimated close to LIVE.

Conclusion : little to no improvement for defence, worse offence.
    WORSE than LIVE.

P.S. : Outpost CG still hit like truck, and has morale and level unchanged.
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post

~Urundus

Pretty much that.
    I've done some comparisons with LIVE.
    - Up : Base Damage and Base Heal, Finesse, Morale, BPE, Resistance, Critical Defence, Mitigation.
    - Down : Incoming Heal. Critical Damage.
    Overall
    - Damage dealt is down.
    - Heals received are down.
    - Damage received is down.
    Damage received VS Heals received estimated close to LIVE.

Conclusion : little to no improvement for defence, worse offence.
    WORSE than LIVE.

Even the stuff that is up, such as Finesse and Mitigation, aren't up near enough. The mitigation boost is pathetic. I also have no idea why inc healing was removed. I'm all for nerfing healing across the board, but simply removing the effectiveness of healing from 1 side (especially when that side is lacking in defensives) is a bad decision.

Also, yes, OP level needs to be adjusted. I think the CGs are 116- it takes an absurd amount of time to flip an OP.

I understand you guys cant nerf hunters and burgs due to the overall game repercussions that would have, but other than that, it's a definite +1 to Spilo's post from me as well. He's got it pretty nailed down!

They should investigate -75% damage from stealth debuff on ettenmoors (mastery nerf), it would lower both burg and red hunter one shotting ability without breaking stealth damage. Also imo its still needed to have freep side specific critical/dev magnitude nerf as passive effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post
    I understand you guys cant nerf hunters and burgs due to the overall game repercussions that would have, but other than that, it's a definite +1 to Spilo's post from me as well. He's got it pretty nailed down!
    I am asking for a Moors-specific nerf that wouldn't affect PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They should investigate -75% damage from stealth debuff on ettenmoors (mastery nerf), it would lower both burg and red hunter one shotting ability without breaking stealth damage. Also imo its still needed to have freep side specific critical/dev magnitude nerf as passive effect.
    Still won't change the 30-40k Pen Shot/Barrage Crits on 3 mit+ Tome of Defense+Armor buff Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormrid View Post
    Ok so i have just come out of testing - created a burg and played it for the first time in my life.

Disclaimer: My build is not a glass cannon one, I have both mits capped 55% crit d high resistance etc so these numbers are from a balanced build.

I can easily kill any class without using dust or cdg or ko or evade - it's pretty stupid.

Have sparred all monster player classes once with mits and without with them using all skills and me not stunning, no cdg, no aim, no dust, no ko, no tng, no find footing - nothing - and guess what, easy wins.

Also had an experiment - tried sparring 3 reavers and 2 wargs - surprise surprise they were all dead in 3mins 41 seconds. Only used one aim cdg, and only one ko and evade - that's it. Bearing in mind they used everything they had.

Imo this is pretty ridiculous and seems to be no different from live. Hurry up with the burg and hunter changes as people are leaving the game rapidly - otherwise say bye bye to your precious VIP sub money!
    5/5 story m8

I am asking for a Moors-specific nerf that wouldn't affect PvE.

Still won't change the 30-40k Pen Shot/Barrage Crits on 3 mit+ Tome of Defense+Armor buff Creeps.
    It would since im suggesting to lower critical magnitudes on freep side as passive. However my main point to nerf hunter would be real class specific fix + small focus consumer nerf. 3x critical defence is quite good way to trait now, i would say required.

Also, yes, OP level needs to be adjusted. I think the CGs are 116- it takes an absurd amount of time to flip an OP.
    Can confirm that OP's didn't change. Just took this on BR.

I gave the Delving OP a shot as well, it's currently at the same level as the Tyrant (115 with ~1.5m morale).
    Took me just over 11 mins solo while going glass canon.

Chieftain Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    5/5 story m8

It would since im suggesting to lower critical magnitudes on freep side as passive. However my main point to nerf hunter would be real class specific fix + small focus consumer nerf. 3x critical defence is quite good way to trait now, i would say required.
    I assume that you fully understand that you'll hit PvE in that aspect aswell? Try to come up with a solution to avoid hunter losing its sht outside pvp, cuz this solution has been brought up 1000 times and it won't work.

Alltair / Zaheer

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    I assume that you fully understand that you'll hit PvE in that aspect aswell? Try to come up with a solution to avoid hunter losing its sht outside pvp, cuz this solution has been brought up 1000 times and it won't work.
    Did you know that Desparate Flight doesn't work in the same way in PvP as it does in PvE?
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Here is some advice for Vastin et al

"Hey folks, Vastin here.

As you can no doubt tell, we've been going through the motions but PvMP has been overlooked for a while due to our focus on the player side and Mordor.

While adjustments were made for the general bump in power level, the creeps have nevertheless been left behind. They got the same base level bump that the players did, but unsurprisingly, the players stat jumps were compounded by benefits from several sources (base, gear, IL's, essences, traits, audacity, etc), that outpaced the relatively few sources that creeps are designed with."

Kudos for the admission of knowingly and willfully neglecting some of your customers. Most companies wouldn't do it in the first place because ya know, bad business. Others wouldn't dare make such an admission without a clear and concise plan to correct and make adequate reparations to the customers affected. A company (albeit a new one), would certainly take such opportunity to do something amazing and impressive in an effort to "wow" it's customers that they willingly and knowingly screwed over. How, in almost the year 2018 can a company honestly expect to do business, generate revenue, referrals, incentivize people to play, talk about, publicize, and continue to promote the brand when it not only admits to actively and knowingly doing things to its customers/game that creates a bad experience, it responds by making things worse? People make mistakes, companies make mistakes, most don't do it intentionally. Upon admission to a mistake and a failure, it is incumbent upon said company to do something so amazing, it restores faith and "wows" it's customers.

The "fast" passes are simply not that. They're both not "Fast" and not even remotely close to providing any "wow" factor aside from further negatives. I (and many others) have been far too accommodating and patient, far too accepting of SSG's and formerly Turbine's knowing and willful disregard and terrible customer service. You're failing us, you're falling flat on your face here, and if you (Vastin) have the stones to take on a challenge (and getting paid to do so), it provides an opportunity to be a hero or continue the long line of zeros. Be a hero!

Rule #1
    LISTEN to your customers, hear their concerns, and show a level of service that keeps them a customer.

Rule #2
    When you admit to a mistake and take responsibility for neglecting your customers, it is imperative that you not only correct the mistake RAPIDLY, you do something to create a "WOW" effect and generate a positive buzz.

If you fail on either, you wont last and will lose more customers. This is business 101 here. I find it quite amazing that amongst some of these brilliant computer programmers, bright code writers, and technical savants, there isn't one person that understands basic customer service, basic public relations, and is in touch with the mind of the consumer.

Bottom line here is not only do you have to do something to properly fix things, you also at this point need to do something that will WOW your customers. Add something new, offer something else, toss a bone to those affected, but first and foremost, make MEANINGFUL and SIGNIFICANT improvements.

Were the reavers and wargs names ongburz tracker and shadowmaw howler? Burgs need a nerf but this story is either a fabrication or you were fighting afks and this thread does not need stuff like that.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post

''Some skills may be altered or barred from use while playing in PvMP areas.''

I see some potential there.
    Chieftain Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

Creep NPCs and bosses need to be scaled to the level of freep NPCS and bosses OR HIGHER.

Atm the map is blue not necessarily because freeps are OP/Creeps are broken, but because it takes an age to take a keep/OP as a creep whereas its very easy to take as a freep because

#1 creep NPCS didn't scale up well compared to freep (see above poster's screenshots of tyrant/CG)
    #2 freep group buffs and inc damage buffs result in much higher dps on the boss per player as compared to boss morale

for delving bosses its even worse, some like the Drake and the Gargaroth take so long for creeps it's absurd (possibly an hour or half and hour with a raid for only an hour of guaranteed buff), but are a walk in the park for freeps (less than 10 minutes), resulting in them having those buffs most of the time

also removed keep backdoors (*queue broken record*)

Those creepplayers should delete their accounts. Maybe they were afk?

Looks like the update is going live without anymore changes.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 14 defiler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast