We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    Not sure why you are on the high horse, me and Wulf (and whoever) can advocate for whatever we want, this is open discussion. Don't like it? I don't care. Move on.
    So...is it an open discussion or should people just shut up and move on? One or the other, you don't get to have both.

Boring, as usual. Would you please stop pushing your personal agenda on the class and towards other people? What I have proposed (to the devs, not you) gets bears a definitive spot in the raid and what you have proposed (which is nothing but sad and sour arguments) - gets bears nowhere, not anytime soon anyway. I have a bear very near the level cap, just waiting to get geared, (if they go ahead with what I have proposed)... we have another two level capped bears in our kin, waiting for the same, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people will get their bears ready for the raid if they see they will have a spot.
    Odd, do those Beornings in your kinship actually want this specific change you are talking about or do they just want to be able to compete for raid spots on their Beorning? Personally I don't see the fun in walking round tagging as many targets with a single button as I can for several hours but if that's what the Beornings in your kin really want then let them come out and say it themselves.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    So...is it an open discussion or should people just shut up and move on? One or the other, you don't get to have both.
    I was expecting a response like this, very predictable. Yes, its an open discussion, but you are not really discussing anything. So far, you have contributed absolute 0 ideas on how make bears a viable class in the raid (which is the discussion I started). All you are contributing are your kinda flawed and far-fetched philosophies and trying to push your irrelevant agendas on others.

Odd, do those Beornings in your kinship actually want this specific change you are talking about or do they just want to be able to compete for raid spots on their Beorning? Personally I don't see the fun in walking round tagging as many targets with a single button as I can for several hours but if that's what the Beornings in your kin really want then let them come out and say it themselves.
    Say please.

I was expecting a response like this, very predictable. Yes, its an open discussion, but you are not really discussing anything. So far, you have contributed absolute 0 ideas on how make bears a viable class in the raid (which is the discussion I started). All you are contributing are your kinda flawed and far-fetched philosophies and trying to push your irrelevant agendas on others.

Say please.
    I think he is actually putting out some very valid arguments against what you are asking for a class u don't main it seems (if I'm wrong, I apologize). I used to play beorning and he was the only 105 char i didnt transfer to my current server a year ago. That change adds nothing to what you are supposed to be playing redline for, unless they fix the dps output overall on beorning first; in that case, it would be nice to have that debuff, but beorning has other bufss anyway, maybe fixing those first before adding anohter ones? I loved the beorning play but if you only get him the change you are suggesting, I wouldn't play it at all because as mentioned before, it's really not exciting to run around tagging mobs at the expense of ur dps.

I already play support classes for this, im not excited to add another one to the huge grind just to accomplish what i can already do on the ohters.

I totally understand the need to have a reason to include beornings on the new raid group, but IMO that is the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Correct, because in the PvP situation, Burglars/Hunters do significantly more damage than any other Freep DPS class, and they also do it with much less effort.
    You don't need to tell me I'm correct.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    You don't need to tell me I'm correct.
    Well of course he don't since you never are regarding hunter. Which this forum is very much aware.

Tybur and/or Cordovan,

As of right now, Scholars and Cooks are still unable to make Shadowed Essence Boxes by crafting, whereas a Metalsmith, Weaponsmith, Tailor and Jeweler can make those. Is this something that will be addressed, or are Scholars and Cooks going to be left to relying on other crafters?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

For what it's worth, the band-aid fixes for Beorning both in the notes here or suggested in the thread are nothing but detrimental for class balance. At what point does this trickle of one-line changes every other patch add up and we say this class is fixed? I also don't believe in settling for "good enough".

Mitigation reduction benefiting the party would be fine, but certainly not front loaded in one skill at 40% and not combined with Bee Swarm. If anything, buff Bee Swarm slightly, and Expose as it is would actually be decent if the rest of the skillset were on par.

I know this isn't probably a priority but please consider keeping scaled instance gear ilvl in step with other gear. Not suggesting that it should be equivalent to raid gear but at the moment it's roughly 15-20 ilvls behind CoS and DoN gear which I'm fine with because it still makes for decent pvp gear in the case of certain pieces. But if the new ilvl from raid gear is going to be 345 it will fall further behind and become irrelevant. The game has a wealth of playable and fun dungeons due to scaling and recent increases in difficulty. Please keep giving us reasons to run these awesome old instances.
    Thanks

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Correct, because in the PvP situation, Burglars/Hunters do significantly more damage than any other Freep DPS class, and they also do it with much less effort.
    Asking for a not scaled burgs nerf in general is just crazy.

With decent mits you have all the time to counter it.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Mitigation reduction benefiting the party would be fine, but certainly not front loaded in one skill at 40% and not combined with Bee Swarm. If anything, buff Bee Swarm slightly, and Expose as it is would actually be decent if the rest of the skillset were on par.
    The result of this would just be people taking Beornings over RK's though since Beornings would basically be buffing everyones damage whilst RK's only buff hunters (who can switch damage type and go through the mits debuffed by the bear instead). Overall RK's lose what Beornings gain in this situation.

The players can't really make feasible suggestions for Beorning changes at the moment since you would need so much time to figure out a way of resolving all the problems inherent in the class. With bee swarm and expose changes to make Beornings support you still haven't solved the paradoxical nature of bear form where you lose most of your crit chance buffs before you actually get to use heavy hitting skills, not to mention the awful proc rate of moment of opportunity. Then there's the bear form vs man form issue where SSG decided to make bear form stand out by making man form awful.

The suggestion change list for an even mildly competent Beorning fix would probably be as long as the patch notes at the start of this thread. I don't have time to work out what they are, can't imagine many others here do. This is one of those situations where the people at SSG need to actually do their job without a player holding their hand.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

The result of this would just be people taking Beornings over RK's though since Beornings would basically be buffing everyones damage whilst RK's only buff hunters (who can switch damage type and go through the mits debuffed by the bear instead). Overall RK's lose what Beornings gain in this situation.

The players can't really make feasible suggestions for Beorning changes at the moment since you would need so much time to figure out a way of resolving all the problems inherent in the class. With bee swarm and expose changes to make Beornings support you still haven't solved the paradoxical nature of bear form where you lose most of your crit chance buffs before you actually get to use heavy hitting skills, not to mention the awful proc rate of moment of opportunity. Then there's the bear form vs man form issue where SSG decided to make bear form stand out by making man form awful.

The suggestion change list for an even mildly competent Beorning fix would probably be as long as the patch notes at the start of this thread. I don't have time to work out what they are, can't imagine many others here do. This is one of those situations where the people at SSG need to actually do their job without a player holding their hand.
    To be honest who cares beornings when the class balance is so much broken. Which effects pvmp community for last 4 mounths and game itself with hunters being the center of group with everything else being there to support their dps. The work they need to do for beorning would consume a lot of their resources. Which I rather they wont because it would mean neglecting most of the other parts of the game, which need urgent update.

This is a good change, allowing bears to gain wrath in Bear form, but its buff is only affecting the Beorning. Change this skill so it puts a -40% mitigation debuff on the target instead of just giving Beorning the mitigation penetration, which it does so now. Maybe change it to -40% Physical Mitigation on the target, that would be a welcome change for melee DPS in groups. Give the Bee Swarm skill a 5% incoming critical chance debuff as well, and maybe, just maybe there will be a spot for Beornings in end-game groups.
    What a terrible suggestion.

Firstly, hunters/burglars can do physical damage. We don't need hunters and burglars to do more damage. Secondly, every other class this would benefit indeed needs a buff. That doesn't mean they should depend on another class to be viable. The classes that need it should be buffed directly. Personally, I very much dislike Beornings, and I avoid having them in my group. I don't want to depend on one for my red line champion to be on par with everybody else. Lastly, there are enough -mitigation debuffs in the game as it is, and most of them are way too strong already. The amount of armour/mitigations that can be removed from a target is ludicrous, and we certainly don't need more debuffs in the game. If anything, we need fewer mitigation debuffs, so that it's easier to identify which classes are underperforming and which are overperforming. Also because the difference between a target without debuffs and a target that is fully debuffed is ridiculous, and this change would only add to that ridiculousness.

If Beornings need buffs, their actual damage needs to be buffed (or reworked, I'll take Joedangod's word for it). If other classes need to be buffed, buff them. Don't create yet another debuff for these classes to depend on, because the classes that are underpowered will remain underpowered, unless certain conditions are met. That's not how class balance should work. You're creating a cluster of classes that is balanced against another cluster of classes. Individual classes will remain just as unbalanced as before.

If you want to give "feedback", then be so kind to think it through first.
    Last edited by Giliodor; Dec 02 2017 at 07:49 AM.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.

Mordor have only two instances we only play the Seregost one cause the 6 persons is still under construction almost unplayable and people dont want to spend 3 hours for finishing a 6 man instance,all the other instances since the Light of Earendil are useless cause no light gear on loot,pvp is still under construction, people are bored have almost nothing to do except dailies for keys,the servers are dead and you want to put daylie locks on those instances?If you want to stop the farming that some people do in 105 lvl seregost just remove the legendary loot from low levels.And another thing,to put 10k cap for the ashes is bad idea you did the same thing with commendations in Ettenmoors and all the time we have to go back and spend some.At least make the cap at 20 or 30k cause 10 is too low.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    What a terrible suggestion.

Firstly, hunters/burglars can do physical damage. We don't need hunters and burglars to do more damage. Secondly, every other class this would benefit indeed needs a buff. That doesn't mean they should depend on another class to be viable. The classes that need it should be buffed directly. Personally, I very much dislike Beornings, and I avoid having them in my group. I don't want to depend on one for my red line champion to be on par with everybody else. Lastly, there are enough -mitigation debuffs in the game as it is, and most of them are way too strong already. The amount of armour/mitigations that can be removed from a target is ludicrous, and we certainly don't need more debuffs in the game. If anything, we need fewer mitigation debuffs, so that it's easier to identify which classes are underperforming and which are overperforming. Also because the difference between a target without debuffs and a target that is fully debuffed is ridiculous, and this change would only add to that ridiculousness.

If Beornings need buffs, their actual damage needs to be buffed (or reworked, I'll take Joedangod's word for it). If other classes need to be buffed, buff them. Don't create yet another debuff for these classes to depend on, because the classes that are underpowered will remain underpowered, unless certain conditions are met. That's not how class balance should work. You're creating a cluster of classes that is balanced against another cluster of classes. Individual classes will remain just as unbalanced as before.

Agreed. We have enough mits debuffs and the main problem is that multitasking class dont work in lotro.

I think the first step is to decide which role beorning should cover (im a fan of having all the lines viable but you always neeed a main role).
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Btw while I also would like to see it fixed, I think this really is a minor issue and doesn't need an oversized yellow headline to attract the Devs attention.
    LotRO is
    SWARMING
    with "minor issues" that don't seem like they should "attract the Devs attention". And what I think is that finding and replacing four numbers (one for each trait level) in one tooltip takes five minutes of time and one member of support team/community manager relaying this task to one Dev. Like many other "minor issues" in LotRO that can all be covered with a single patch in a month's work. If only someoen cared.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ENDrain View Post
    Please fix yellow captain "Steeled Resolve" trait tooltip to display correct +4% morale bonus instead of +8%.

I submitted the bug SEVEN MONTHS AGO. Fixing it takes ONE MINUTE OF TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post

Btw while I also would like to see it fixed, I think this really is a minor issue and doesn't need an oversized yellow headline to attract the Devs attention...
    Well if ENDrain did submit this bug 7 months ago and it's still not adressed or fixed I can understand his/her frustration and obviously he/she feels they need to do something to draw the devs attention to the issue. Quite understandable really.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

About the raid locks, will it be possible to get the challenger title if you have chest locks? For example if you did boss 1 and 2 yesterday and got locks, can you try for the challenger the next day?(If it isn't the lock reset day) since only the loot will be locked and not the bosses. This wasn't possible in Throne so just wondering if it will be possible with this kind of lock system.

Says a guy who wants to a F2P side, which is always outnumbering by the twice the amount, on par with freeps, and that's not even on primetime.

So, why would I listen to anything from a good for nothing forum philosopher like you?

Says a guy who wants to a F2P side, which is always outnumbering by the twice the amount, on par with freeps, and that's not even on primetime.
    Wow you get sidetracked easily, don't you? Try to stay on topic. I'm totally willing to discuss this, but not here. But even if you don't agree with me on that, why would that invalidate something I say on a completely different subject? Oh, right. It does not.

So, why would I listen to anything from a good for nothing forum philosopher like you?
    Probably because you didn't counter any of the arguments that I provided, meaning you likely can't. That seems like a fairly compelling reason to listen to what I have to say. Also, calling someone a "good for nothing forum philospher" goes to show how quickly you resort to ad hominem attacks, rather than addressing the actual points the person made.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

snip
    No, I'm not gonna counter anything with you. Knowing and seeing you around on forums, you follow people around and pick fights with them (just like you did here). Besides, everything I wanted to say on the subject, I already did on the first page. I also exclusively said that its my opinion, my feedback, if you don't like it, then so be it, and it's not really for you, it's for the devs.

I'm not gonna waste my time further berating someone who has nothing better than to lurk on forums. Sorry, but that's all you will get, it's all you deserve really.

I also don't think the raid is ready to go live.

First boss seems to be in a good spot, I would definitelly keep it like this, the only thing that needs to be changed is:
    Port - when someone is being ported and he has long loading screen, he will die because he still take dmg.

My group also tried to do boss 2 but i'm not sure what kind of feedback I can share.

First of all - I think boss damage is fine in the spot it is but the adds are definitelly not fine. Every 60s 4 adds spawn and they keep respawning every 60s. You won't have time to kill them and then dps the boss so i'm not sure how devs planned this to be finished. I would definitelly reduce the amount of adds spawning or add a mechanic behind it. (perhaps x amount of time needed to remove corruptions off boss or adds will spawn, or if you kill the adds, they respawn again but definitelly not infinite amount of adds thats just broken) or second option is increase timer 2 minutes per adds wave instead of one.

Second of all - the boss is still lagging like crazy.

Also the GM admitted that something is not working as intended in boss 2 fight regarding adds.
    Faded Youtube Channel

Darlenko Rank 15 Guardian
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Tybur and/or Cordovan,

As of right now, Scholars and Cooks are still unable to make Shadowed Essence Boxes by crafting, whereas a Metalsmith, Weaponsmith, Tailor and Jeweler can make those. Is this something that will be addressed, or are Scholars and Cooks going to be left to relying on other crafters?
    Cooks can use their tailor skills and make them and scholars can use their weaponsmith skill and make them. Remember all crafts have a third option... I agree it sucks their MAIN craft can not make them but there ARE ways they can
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Cooks can use their tailor skills and make them and scholars can use their weaponsmith skill and make them. Remember all crafts have a third option... I agree it sucks their MAIN craft can not make them but there ARE ways they can
    Not only that, but all professions can craft all as they are tucked into a box. All a player needs is one crafter that has maxed one profession. I make all shadowed essences on my main for all my alts.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Not only that, but all professions can craft all as they are tucked into a box. All a player needs is one crafter that has maxed one profession. I make all shadowed essences on my main for all my alts.
    Yes but why would a guilded scholar want to have a weaponsmith fully maxed that can not join a guild...

You are leaving other people outside because you assume that everyone has everything maxed when until now you only need one craft per toon to get those crafted relics. I have all crafts anyway but i would like to be able to craft the essence on my main w/o the hazzle of switching toons and then realizing i forgot one ingredient on my other alt, wasting lots of time.

Everyone should be able to craft essences, no excuses.

Expose applying to the mob would reduce red Beorning to being a class that simply runs around in man form hitting expose on everything since their DPS would still be awful and thus they'd add more to the group by buffing others rather than trying to do things themselves. Overall that's a pretty miserable way to play and rather detrimental to the purpose of red bear.
    You just insulted every LM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast