We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    Yes but why would a guilded scholar want to have a weaponsmith fully maxed that can not join a guild...

You are leaving other people outside because you assume that everyone has everything maxed when until now you only need one craft per toon to get those crafted relics. I have all crafts anyway but i would like to be able to craft the essence on my main w/o the hazzle of switching toons and then realizing i forgot one ingredient on my other alt, wasting lots of time.

Everyone should be able to craft essences, no excuses.
    I don't disagree with you, I was just pointing out that it is possible to do all shadowed essences on one alt. I also hope they sort it out, but I don't hold out much hope given what they did to cooks and tailors in the Wastes.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    Yes but why would a guilded scholar want to have a weaponsmith fully maxed that can not join a guild...

You are leaving other people outside because you assume that everyone has everything maxed when until now you only need one craft per toon to get those crafted relics. I have all crafts anyway but i would like to be able to craft the essence on my main w/o the hazzle of switching toons and then realizing i forgot one ingredient on my other alt, wasting lots of time.

Everyone should be able to craft essences, no excuses.
    because when the waste was released you could make extra rep, so almost everyone with common sense leveled those useless professions. Now newer players coming in asking about crafting in world are told to avoid cook and scholar for the reasons Maart mentioned, but if you have been in lotro for any more than 5 minutes you should know to have everything you possibly can done on a toon because you never know when the devs will throw something at us like this
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    The result of this would just be people taking Beornings over RK's though since Beornings would basically be buffing everyones damage whilst RK's only buff hunters (who can switch damage type and go through the mits debuffed by the bear instead). Overall RK's lose what Beornings gain in this situation.

The players can't really make feasible suggestions for Beorning changes at the moment since you would need so much time to figure out a way of resolving all the problems inherent in the class. With bee swarm and expose changes to make Beornings support you still haven't solved the paradoxical nature of bear form where you lose most of your crit chance buffs before you actually get to use heavy hitting skills, not to mention the awful proc rate of moment of opportunity. Then there's the bear form vs man form issue where SSG decided to make bear form stand out by making man form awful.

The suggestion change list for an even mildly competent Beorning fix would probably be as long as the patch notes at the start of this thread. I don't have time to work out what they are, can't imagine many others here do. This is one of those situations where the people at SSG need to actually do their job without a player holding their hand.
    I'm going to have to disagree with the bolded part.

If those suggested changes about Expose skill would go live; why would anyone pick a Red line Beorning instead of RK, still? You say RK's fire debuffs only benefit Hunters, yet Hunter and RK are the 'go-to' dps classes for the new raid(Yes, Champ isn't exactly viable in there) So it pretty much benefits everyone you need.

Even if you didn't have a single dps class who can benefit from RK's fire debuff (All dpsers can still benefit from -15% armour debuff, by the way) in your raid, The mitigation of the bosses should be zeroed out or at least very close to it, considering you would also have Rend debuff, so Bears debuff would go completely overkill and unnecessary.

Not even mentioning the damage lost from having a Red beorning instead of an RK, of course.

And for the record, I do agree you on that fixing red Beorning shouldn't happen by making the trait line a support line, they should seek improvements by increasing sheer dps.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Cooks can use their tailor skills and make them and scholars can use their weaponsmith skill and make them. Remember all crafts have a third option... I agree it sucks their MAIN craft can not make them but there ARE ways they can
    Wepaonsmith needs mats from third party whereas scholar is self sufficient. It’s next to impossible obtain those ingots if there isn’t such a crafter in your kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Amennator View Post
    You just insulted every LM.
    LM's use a whole load of skills to do their debuffing and probably have the most complicated multi-tasking role around. The Raging Raiders guys basically just proposed to give Beornings a massive debuff on just one skill, it's not even remotely similar.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2x View Post
    If those suggested changes about Expose skill would go live; why would anyone pick a Red line Beorning instead of RK, still? You say RK's fire debuffs only benefit Hunters, yet Hunter and RK are the 'go-to' dps classes for the new raid(Yes, Champ isn't exactly viable in there) So it pretty much benefits everyone you need.
    It's not worth taking more than one RK, they don't stack particularly well and hunters are just generally better DPSers. The important thing to note is that Beornings would be fully capable of reducing physical mitigation by 55% all on their lonesome, 100% uptime. In general most of the people perpetually hitting a target are going through physical mitigation, captains, burglars, champions, guardians, wardens and hunters if they feel like it. With this change to Beornings physical mitigation would almost definitely be 0% in every fight, fire mitigation doesn't get debuffed to 0.

For RK's to come out on top they would have to pull DPS that exceeds the bonus hunters are getting from the beorning debuffs + the bonus that all the support are getting (which is going to be pretty notable since physical mits don't consistently get to be this low on live) and + the DPS the red bear is pulling. Any situation where fire/tactical damage is reflected or you need to be careful about phasing target morale counts as a significant strike against the RK.

Overall? Easier to just take a bear if you can find one, RK if you can't.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Forodir View Post
    Wepaonsmith needs mats from third party whereas scholar is self sufficient. It’s next to impossible obtain those ingots if there isn’t such a crafter in your kin.
    1. Crafting Alts
    2. World Chat
    3. Trade Chat'
    4. Auction House
    5. Making Friends
    6. Asking Friends

Just blew that argument up. Please try again
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Bullroarer is planned to re-open tomorrow evening (12/5) with a new build that includes raid bug fixes and polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Bullroarer is planned to re-open tomorrow evening (12/5) with a new build that includes raid bug fixes and polish.
    Thank your for the notification.

For how long will it stay open? Only for tomorrow?
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Cooks can use their tailor skills and make them and scholars can use their weaponsmith skill and make them. Remember all crafts have a third option... I agree it sucks their MAIN craft can not make them but there ARE ways they can
    This may be true, but if you have a Scholar and a Cook you do not have a Prospector to process the ore needed to level up Weaponsmith, and you don't have the Forester to process the leather needed to level up a Tailor, which will make it very cumbersome (and possibly expensive) to do. Additionally, its likely that if you picked Scholar or Cook, you will picked those crafts as your Guilded craft, which doesn't make it very appealing to level up a Weaponsmith or Tailor as a "side" craft.

And this can be resolved rather easily, there really is NO reason why there could not be Shadowed Essence and Emporered Shadowed Essence recipes for Scholars and Cooks.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

1. Crafting Alts
    2. World Chat
    3. Trade Chat'
    4. Auction House
    5. Making Friends
    6. Asking Friends

Yes, you can always buy things for gold from people and/or the AH.... but it isn't as dry cut as you think. The required ingredients for instance to make the boxes have a 18-hour cooldown, and not everyone is willing to give up their cooldown because they either need them for themselves, or for their kinnies, or for their friends before they set off and sell it in public.

And quite frankly, there really isn't an argument needed..... adding a Scholar recipe and a Cooks recipe for essences is pretty simple. The 18-hour cooldown for scholar items is already there, and they can most certainly come up with something for the cook as well, as they don't have a cooldown ingredient yet.

I'm personally not even affected, I have 2 tailors, 2 jewelers, a metalsmith and a woodworker all leveled up, so my cook and scholar can be equipped. But not everyone has a buckload of alts. Some people have one or two alts at most, and chose Scholar as their main craft. And they now get shafted, instead of being able to produce your own essence boxes, they will have to shell out gold to get them. And no, not everyone is filthy rich either, I have a bunch of alts, but very little money.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

1. crafting alts
    2. world chat
    3. trade chat'
    4. auction house
    5. making friends
    6. asking friends

just blew that argument up. Please try again

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    [...]And quite frankly, there really isn't an argument needed..... adding a Scholar recipe and a Cooks recipe for essences is pretty simple. The 18-hour cooldown for scholar items is already there, and they can most certainly come up with something for the cook as well, as they don't have a cooldown ingredient yet.

And they now get shafted, instead of being able to produce your own essence boxes, they will have to shell out gold to get them. [...]
    Agreed. Struggle to understand why Cooks and Scholars are left out of being able to craft Essence boxes. Not a gigantic issue, just seems silly.

1. Crafting Alts
    2. World Chat
    3. Trade Chat'
    4. Auction House
    5. Making Friends
    6. Asking Friends

Please remember that you need big number of those mats just to level up to Doomfold mastery on your crafting skill. Here are some comments on your points:

1. Yeah, you could use crafting alts. Not all have those (myself included)
    2.+3. Tried that few times, no great success. Maybe not right people online at the same time (in practice AH should take care of that issue, see #4)
    4. AH has been empty of those Doomfold Ingots that you need for leveling Weaponsmith. I was checking AH regularly for several weeks in row (several times a week) without success. I finally gave up.
    5.+6. I guess we could give a LFF a new meaning from now on. "Looking For a Friend who can reliably provide mats for Weaponsmith."

I agree that there are ways to it. Some of the ways depend on how you have played the game and what kind of society you have gathered around you. At the end it affects players differently depending on their background. It just puzzles me why they don't simply add those recipes so everyone could have a similar access making the essences. This has been reported since early Mordor beta and not a single comment on the decision behind this, let alone simply fixing this.
    Last edited by Forodir; Dec 05 2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Got mixed with numbering

new raid set bonus adjustment

ty for listening 2 feedback. 85% happy. few more things:

Each class has at least ONE bonus for ONE line that's actually worth getting the bonus for. THUMBS UP
    Some things still very unacceptable though:
    Valiant strike bonus on tanky-type stats gear, Battle shout cooldown on gear with dps when the +3% inc damage ins SO MUCH BETTER and has the same armour stats (BS CD should be on tank stats (scratch that, make it something more useful, like 5% revealing mark or Last stand duration/Cool-down reduction, Or Shield of the dunedain Duration/Cooldown reduction, or % noble mark HEALS), and Valiant strike should be on gear with outgong healing/crit or something that isnt clearly on a piece whose stats are TANKY (Vitality/crit defence is for TANKS )
    Hunter red line is getting compltely ignored. no heart-seeker reset? no merciful shot or penetrating shot? no focus cost reduction? nothing but some silly CC skill/Bleed arrow?
    Controlled burn for champ? nice, but is it used in yelloww???? how about Rend Debuff amount increase? or some AoE DoT bleeds? or something fervour related?
    BUrg Trickster is nice, but maybe something MORE??? THROUGH BURGS A BONE!

LM: pretty righteous. would be nice to have two sets, one for the existent Sign of power: righteousness and another set for the incoming healing water lore buff
    RK: Fire = spot on. heals? rune-sign of winter, please. thx. lightning? some-kind of vivid imagery or concession and rebuttal thing? idk, and dont rly care much tbh
    Warden: someone somewhere suggested something or complained about something but i can't recall what. I saw some good stuff and the diminished target is a GREAT ADDITION THANK YOU!
    Guardian: I can't comment - not familiar enough with the class. i recall something about warriors heart?
    Beorning? I can't comment
    Minstrel: SoS - nice. Inspire fellows - likewise. DPS mini? can't comment. COnsider something maybe for piercing cry though?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post

LM: pretty righteous. would be nice to have two sets, one for the existent Sign of power: righteousness and another set for the incoming healing water lore buff
    RK: Fire = spot on. heals? rune-sign of winter, please. thx. lightning? some-kind of vivid imagery or concession and rebuttal thing? idk, and dont rly care much tbh
    Minstrel: SoS - nice. Inspire fellows - likewise. DPS mini? can't comment. COnsider something maybe for piercing cry though?
    Red minstrel set bonus is nice since it allows more frequent usage of AoE skills and other big skills. Also yellow RK current set bonus is better than vivid imagery or concession and rebuttal set bonus would be (unless they absolutely break cooldown of the skill and lower it literally be like 30-40s).

imo LM raid set bonus (the +20s SI duration one) is way too strong for pvp, thats basically a perma SI on 2 targets, you destroyed all the organization in group vs group fights.
    Last edited by jomanjy; Dec 05 2017 at 07:26 AM.
    Deathlyheals r14 defiler-Deadlyline r10 warg -karnage

freeps-faded

Quote Originally Posted by jomanjy View Post
    imo LM raid set bonus (the +20s SI duration one) is way too strong for pvp, thats basically a perma SI on 2 targets, you destroyed all the organization in group vs group fights.
    And yet somehow PvP survived back in the days when one LM could keep an entire raid SIed.

Please, again, do NOT put a daily lock onto 3 and 6-men instances. There's only 2 instances and only solution as i see it is to put a daily cd, FI-box equivalent that we can get from the 2 instances. You already have the tech for it. Putting locks onto these instances will just make people loose interest in them in the long run. Since 90% of the time you log on, others has locks for it. There should always be some loot in the end of a 3- and 6-man instance for everyone. You should not get punished for wanting to run a 3-6man instance more than once every day.
    Thonras r13/r10 Blackarrow - Erenthenn r11/r8 Hunter - Seodric r11/r5 Burglar - Seorric r9 Champion - Grusnash r9 Reaver - Nomno r8 Warg - Durumdor r7 RK - Carranham r6 Captain
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and Original Challenger of The Abyss - The Bandits Laurelin - Odyssey Evernight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3