We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy A sad farewell...

To all Freeps, Creeps and Gladdenites alike:

It has been fun while it lasted to be with y'all on Gladden. A couple years back, I came to Gladden from Dwarrowdelf with my freepside characters. I had had creeps on Gladden prior, but didn't actively use them. At that point in time, Gladden was a busy server, with large scale raids nearly every night of the week, and a fun, thriving contingent of players to be with on either side of the battle. I enjoyed PvMP with folks on the server, and wouldn't have become a dedicated LotROer without the nice community Gladden has to offer.

That being said, despite its many faults, I find that I am still drawn to partaking in PvMP. Creepside has less grind than raid gearing a freep (which I have mostly given up on since 100 cap due to constantly changing essences that eventually become worthless). And, sad to say, our server is on its death throes. It is nearly dead for PvE and entirely dead for PvMP. I had been waiting for almost a year for SSG to cut the cord and shut down Gladden (with the hope that we would get free transfers again) but that doesn't seem likely to happen while the small PvE population still lives.

Because I mostly limit myself to Creepside (still holding off on Mordor), I am likely moving my warg Grimmtail (r9) and possibly my r6 BA to Ark very soon, where there is still some action these days (even though its rather zergy). There I will be reunited with some former Gladdenites, and hopefully nostalgia won't fly off the charts too much lol.

To the Maggots Tribe: you guys are the best! Wish things would have worked out better in the end, but the other group organizers apart from myself hadn't logged in for 6 months anyways. Slingshots and Skulkins, in particular, (as we were kinda the last hold overs from the pre-transfer Gladden), hope you guys are doing well.

To DoME: I really appreciate you guys accepting other Dwarrowdelfians into your kinship during the transfer period. You are a first class group of people and I have nothing but fond memories of our time together. I will still have all of my freeps here (including a couple in DoME), aside from possibly Throllo on the server. I am strongly considering moving him to Landroval, because I like the server-wide events, and well, I have garnered a reputation for being the little RP-ing hobbit in Bree on Gladden... so Landy feels like home .

To Council of Elder Lords: Thank you guys for accepting me into your Draigoch group, and the kinship on the side. It was a very worthwhile investment I soon found, for Burgs actually have a significant role in that raid! If I do end up moving Throllo, it will be with a heavy heart, for I truly loved running that with you all, as well as ToO, and will miss all the fun we had together.

Cheers,
    ~Throllo
    Servers: Bullroarer, Gladden, Landroval (new primary), Arkenstone (Grimmtail)
    Long live Dwarrowdelf server! You shall be missed!

Hate to see ya go man but I understand, I have debated doing the same quit a bit but don't wanna let it go. Im really hoping they do something good with this update coming and maybe maggots will reappear, I have been lvling freeps myself just waiting. I think if I did transfer though I would look for a little less zergy server...shoot man idk, maybe Ark will wind up being all that is left, hope not. Maybe we will play together again, time will tell.
    Slingshots/Burginsbaby/Spitzz/Burgin

Aye sling, if you still have lotro on your pc you should come back for Thursday night moors. been alot of action at that time.
    Incontrovertible, Rank 10 Warg ~not able to be denied or disputed
    Inconvenience, Rank 7 Black Arrow ~trouble or difficulty caused to one's personal requirements or comfort
    Zorzog, Rank 10 Reaver ~I don't know what a Zorzog is to be honest

Was Gladden ever busy for PvP? Why would you transfer there if you wanted to PvP?

PS - Can I have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Was Gladden ever busy for PvP? Why would you transfer there if you wanted to PvP?
    Gladden used to have raid v raid yes, but nowadays the reason people play gladden is to get away from the raid v raid and fight group v group. uless your the maggots and need 12 creeps to fight 1 trash burg.
    Inconvenience, Rank 7 Black Arrow ~trouble or difficulty caused to one's personal requirements or comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

PS - Can I have your stuff?
    Back in the day it was very busy on Gladden. We'd have huge raids all the time with people like Ooty, Kronick, Lukiluk, to name a few. Its much smaller scale now, but there is still action. As Shoun said, its more people that don't like the big raids and prefer smaller group/solo action now.
    CAANJAAL - Like Visa and Savoir Faire, he's everywhere!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"

its more people that don't like the big raids and prefer smaller group/solo action now.
    Umm yeah only about 3 people that prefer solo these days though. most people still want to get in a group of 9 to kill a warden that doesn't know what gambit mastery's are, and other get in a group of 5-7 to kill a solo warg. however those can turn into some good fights once people call their friends.

?

Quote Originally Posted by shoun View Post
    Gladden used to have raid v raid yes, but nowadays the reason people play gladden is to get away from the raid v raid and fight group v group. uless your the maggots and need 12 creeps to fight 1 trash burg.
    You were a maggot once IRRC.
    "Welcome to Rivendell Mr. Anderson..............."

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil View Post
    You were a maggot once IRRC.
    And kicked for macroing and telling people to git gud lol

Quote Originally Posted by shoun View Post
    And kicked for macroing and telling people to git gud lol
    Wasn’t there also the issue of stalking people, or did you finally get help for that?
    "Welcome to Rivendell Mr. Anderson..............."