We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Xonar DSX - best settings for lotro music?

Hi as the title says, I am looking for opinions on which are the best settings to use in the Audio Center for LOTRO music playback.
    I am using 7.1 channels.

I have used onboard sound literally for my whole life, this is the first time I have used a fancy sound card and everything just sounds funny and not right.

If anyone with the same card (ASUS Xonar) has any insight, tips any useful info whatsoever that you can impart - please do, it would be very much appreciated.

Edit: anyone with settings details, please include your equalizer settings aswell. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingleton View Post
    Hi as the title says, I am looking for opinions on which are the best settings to use in the Audio Center for LOTRO music playback.
    I am using 7.1 channels.

I have used onboard sound literally for my whole life, this is the first time I have used a fancy sound card and everything just sounds funny and not right.

If anyone with the same card (ASUS Xonar) has any insight, tips any useful info whatsoever that you can impart - please do, it would be very much appreciated.

Edit: anyone with settings details, please include your equalizer settings aswell. Many thanks.

I won this card in an Etailor competition, I could never get it to work properly with anything; in the end I went back to the built in sound on my motherboard and donated the card to a local charity competition.

The guy who won it redonated it a couple of months later - it may well be still in the charity competition prize pool!!!!

Yeah, as yet I'm not too impressed with this card vs the Realtek onboard audio on my last motherboard/cpu combo.
    If I wasn't such a pauper I'd throw this card out and get a better one. But alas, I haven't got two brass tacks to rub my you know what with - so I need to keep on trying to find some kind of solution/compromise with the settings.
    I'm sure it can be done with the correct settings as the card has the range.

So if you have this card and you haven't yet weighed in on this subject, then please do!

Even if it's just to post the settings you find work for you, I dont care - at this point I will try anything to make this thing stop sounding so muddy!

Until then I cannot compose new music. Which unfortunately means that this year Birds of a Feather will not be performing their Xmas set at the Winter Festival