We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    Anticipated Release - Abyss of Mordath (U21.3)?

    With the Holiday over and with November coming to a close can you please provide a more accurate timeline of when the new update is scheduled or at least planned to come out? "Before the end of the year" answer doesn't really help a lot of people. December is a busy month for many, with school semesters ending, workers trying to end the year, the Holiday season at the end of the month. I think it would help out a lot of people who plan on raiding, schedule and manage their time if SSG could please help us out by allowing us to do so and not announce the update 3 days prior to release. It would also help out a lot of raid leaders organize their groups.

    Me personally I would like to use the remainder of my vacation days on the coming update however I do not know when to schedule those days and the window for me is closing.

    Please announce some new information soon. It would greatly be appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    With the Holiday over and with November coming to a close can you please provide a more accurate timeline of when the new update is scheduled or at least planned to come out? "Before the end of the year" answer doesn't really help a lot of people. December is a busy month for many, with school semesters ending, workers trying to end the year, the Holiday season at the end of the month. I think it would help out a lot of people who plan on raiding, schedule and manage their time if SSG could please help us out by allowing us to do so and not announce the update 3 days prior to release. It would also help out a lot of raid leaders organize their groups.

    Me personally I would like to use the remainder of my vacation days on the coming update however I do not know when to schedule those days and the window for me is closing.

    Please announce some new information soon. It would greatly be appreciated
    All I can provide is a guess, but at least it's a guess funded by some facts

    The update contains a bunch of new Yule festival rewards. The Yule festival is scheduled to start on dec 14th according to this thread, so I'd assume the patch to go live shortly before that (or at the latest, on the 14th).

    I wouldn't expect any official response with a set date, I bet the only blue name answer we'd get would be 'when it's ready' or something vague like that sadly. But, one can hope!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by B749 View Post
    All I can provide is a guess, but at least it's a guess funded by some facts

    The update contains a bunch of new Yule festival rewards. The Yule festival is scheduled to start on dec 14th according to this thread, so I'd assume the patch to go live shortly before that (or at the latest, on the 14th).

    I wouldn't expect any official response with a set date, I bet the only blue name answer we'd get would be 'when it's ready' or something vague like that sadly. But, one can hope!
    That's a pretty safe guess. We'll have a more specific release date when we get closer to it happening.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  4. #4
    In Terms of a wall balanced and bug free raid i would like to see a raid release at start if jan 2018 instead of directly before Christmas!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That's a pretty safe guess. We'll have a more specific release date when we get closer to it happening.
    How about you release raid after some sort of class balance,or is it fine people are unable to do content they paid for because of state their classes are in?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasius View Post
    In Terms of a wall balanced and bug free raid i would like to see a raid release at start if jan 2018 instead of directly before Christmas!
    +1 to that. If you want to release a smaller update with the other stuff, go ahead and do that. The raid should not be a part of it because I have huge doubts it will be truly ready until January. Please don't put out the raid in the state you put Dungeons of Naerband out (such a mess!). We shouldn't be getting a beta version on live that requires multiple hotfixes and updates to fix.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 114~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 60 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    How about you release raid after some sort of class balance,or is it fine people are unable to do content they paid for because of state their classes are in?
    ./Signed
    Edit: I'd say fix:
    1: Healing, beorning and rk should be just as capable of healing the raid/fellowship instances as minis are, just with different healing style/utilities.
    2: Tanking: Beorning and warden are just way behind guard and captain in terms of tanking capability.
    3: DPS: RKs are slightly behind hunters with 2 incomparable runes and they should get closer at least in long fights (though honestly in my experience there's not so much of a difference apart from burst situations), champion red line dps is way behind burgs, rk, hunts; Hunters power cost penalty of barrage is just stupid either fix barrage AND balance rest of skills (which I don't expect you do) or if you want hunters to be top dps using barrage spam just remove the power cost penalty. We could talk too about the dps of LMs since they are awfully slow even for questing but it's not a dps class after all.
    4: Legacies: Some legacies just didn't scaled properly, most legacies with ratings in fact, if something had 7k rating on lvl 105 they should have at least that contribution doubled, as happened with LIs dps or enemies/players stats/rating. Ancient craft with enfeeble does literally less armour reduction the first 10s instead of doing double, champion's rend is useless and it was the main reason you brought a champ into most fights of a raid. Hunter bow chants are a joke, literally a joke, we had 4k reduction at 105 when raid enemies had around 20-25k mits max for bosses, and now that enemies have around 2x mits best bow chants are 2300 reduction (and I don't wanna talk about the 700 evade penetration bow chants), also some Raid class item is still best you can get in game, at least give us something useful as craftable.
    5: LI passive stats: Seriously, classes who got a 2handed are absurdly handicapped compared to those with a one handed, every offhand/shield give stats similar to 6 essence slots, while 2 handed LIs barely give 1.5 essence slot in total (if you get perfect stats ofc).
    Last edited by Kander; Nov 27 2017 at 09:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Yes, yes and yes. -> Class balance <- needs to be tackled before the raid is released. Trait trees, which I loathe but is a topic for another day, were supposed to allow classes to fill multiple roles. Right now that's not the case, and some classes can't and won't be selected to fill their main role due to the current imbalance. Don't ignore this, push back the raid until Jan. Work on leveling the field so there isn't clear class winners.
    Last edited by Elwha; Nov 28 2017 at 12:44 AM.
    Pls fix me.

  9. #9
    It seems like there is a lot that needs attention in order for all to enjoy the new raid and agree to leaving it until Jan or Feb ./Signed

    But, I also find it difficult to understand releasing it literally days prior to Christmas??

    What if a bug is found? Or a serious exploit? All that will happen will be closing it down and working on it after Christmas anyway....

    No, best to delay launch and get right, but also, all the myriad of class stuff correct also.

    We have had serious and huge delays in the past and the community always understands if it is for the right reasons.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

  10. #10
    Please do not release this raid in it's current buggy version. Your raiding community would far rather wait an extra month to get a polished product. If you feel the need to release a content update you can always update FI and skraid loot. This gives people a bunch of semi challenging content to run that they probably haven't done in quite some time and tides people over til the release of a well-polished raid. Bugs kill the joy of a new raid.

    (Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    How about you release raid after some sort of class balance,or is it fine people are unable to do content they paid for because of state their classes are in?
    Cordovan announced in one of his +Cord streams that class balancing is on the agenda, but no time frame was committed. At this point, I doubt it will be done before the raid..... I doubt any work has even started on it.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  12. #12
    Not that the Devs are reading this, but I agree: fix classes first and don't release raid until it is bug free.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    819
    I have to disagree withou you guys.

    Raid release shouldn't be further delayed. Of course I want a polished and bug free raid, but let's be honest, the amount of time it takes SSG to deliver new content is ridiculous. Cordovan told us Mordor would launch in Summer and the Instance Cluster incuding the raid would follow "shortly thereafter". We were also told U22 would be released before the end of the year. With this information it was reasonable to assume we would get three 3/6 man instances and one 12 man raid with 5-6 bosses until end of September or early October.

    What happened? Only two 3/6 man instances instead of the expected three of which one still isn't really worth running. Raid will only have 3 bosses instead of the expected 5-6 and did not launch together with 3/6 man instances but months later. Also what the hell is this with so many beta weekends? Do devs really do zero in-house testing any more? Do they really want all serious raiding kins to clear all bosses T2C on first day of release? I mean come on that's exactely what's gonna happen. Either bosses are broken / overtuned so they'll only be beatable with questionable stategies or not at all. Or the raid will be cleared within first reset cycle by pretty much everyone.

    Also why are you unable to annouce an ETA of the raid? Are you not aware of the fact that competetive raiders are extremely dedicated when it comes to a new raid release? Some player are willing to take several days off for the raid release and want to invest lots of time. Other MMOs announce their raid release dates at least 2-3 weeks in advance but in LOTRO it's more like "Surprise, surprise! Downtime tomorrow!" - Seriously that just sucks!!

    Re: Class balance: Come on, it's not that bad at the moment. True, RKs are slightly behind Hunter DPS but every good raid group will still ayways want to bring at least 1 RK for maximum DPS. If RK DPS was exactely on par with Hunter, there wouldn't be much reason to bring Hunters at all. Also, yes, red Champ DPS sucks but they're still king of AOE DPS. In my opinion it's the raid-dev's resposibility to create encounters where both AOE and ST DPS is needed and not only ST DPS. Finally Wardens and Beornings? Yeah they generally suck in raids atm. But honestly that's what you get when there are 10 different classes but only 12-person raids. Hybrid classes are usually always OP in solo play but less desired in raid scenarios. That's always been the case and I doubt even a "class balance update" would change much. And btw. Cordovan already confirmed that there won't be a class balance update prior to the raid release.


    Do not think that I want an unfinished product. No, it's just that I'm severely disappointed in how SSG seems to manage their development resources at the moment. Noone asked for a new and complicated loot system different from Throne, noone asked for a P2W ash system. All I wanted is a proper challenging multi-boss raid, released within a reasonable timeframe after the Mordor expansion.
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post

    Re: Class balance: Come on, it's not that bad at the moment.
    Yea not that bad>

    Entire specs rendered useless>Poor or nonexistant skill/LIs scaling>Ranged DPS being able to do 2-3 times if not more DPS than melee on ST>Patheticly poor itemisation wich leads to stat imbalance>0% fire mitigation on bosses that keeps said ranged DPS at top even if you were to bring their base damage to same level as melee>Being unable to use new runes on some classes further fking things up>
    I wont mention healing and tanking difference since i dont heal at all or tank on anything but warden and cant speak much about other classes but from what i have seen its in near same state as everything i counted above and its not all.

    Lets not mention poor instance design that 99% of time favors ranged classes,and whats up with being able to put buffs/debuffs on boss before fight starts making some group setups borderline exploiting instance(refering to CoS)inflating said DPS difference.

    I get it we all want content realeased asap,also devs should test raid better so most of it stays hidden before it hits live but from everything stated above and level of communication they have one would understand they are incompetent of playing/testing game at "t2" no offense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    I have to disagree withou you guys.

    Raid release shouldn't be further delayed. Of course I want a polished and bug free raid, but let's be honest, the amount of time it takes SSG to deliver new content is ridiculous. Cordovan told us Mordor would launch in Summer and the Instance Cluster incuding the raid would follow "shortly thereafter". We were also told U22 would be released before the end of the year. With this information it was reasonable to assume we would get three 3/6 man instances and one 12 man raid with 5-6 bosses until end of September or early October.

    What happened? Only two 3/6 man instances instead of the expected three of which one still isn't really worth running. Raid will only have 3 bosses instead of the expected 5-6 and did not launch together with 3/6 man instances but months later. Also what the hell is this with so many beta weekends? Do devs really do zero in-house testing any more? Do they really want all serious raiding kins to clear all bosses T2C on first day of release? I mean come on that's exactely what's gonna happen. Either bosses are broken / overtuned so they'll only be beatable with questionable stategies or not at all. Or the raid will be cleared within first reset cycle by pretty much everyone.

    Also why are you unable to annouce an ETA of the raid? Are you not aware of the fact that competetive raiders are extremely dedicated when it comes to a new raid release? Some player are willing to take several days off for the raid release and want to invest lots of time. Other MMOs announce their raid release dates at least 2-3 weeks in advance but in LOTRO it's more like "Surprise, surprise! Downtime tomorrow!" - Seriously that just sucks!!

    Re: Class balance: Come on, it's not that bad at the moment. True, RKs are slightly behind Hunter DPS but every good raid group will still ayways want to bring at least 1 RK for maximum DPS. If RK DPS was exactely on par with Hunter, there wouldn't be much reason to bring Hunters at all. Also, yes, red Champ DPS sucks but they're still king of AOE DPS. In my opinion it's the raid-dev's resposibility to create encounters where both AOE and ST DPS is needed and not only ST DPS. Finally Wardens and Beornings? Yeah they generally suck in raids atm. But honestly that's what you get when there are 10 different classes but only 12-person raids. Hybrid classes are usually always OP in solo play but less desired in raid scenarios. That's always been the case and I doubt even a "class balance update" would change much. And btw. Cordovan already confirmed that there won't be a class balance update prior to the raid release.


    Do not think that I want an unfinished product. No, it's just that I'm severely disappointed in how SSG seems to manage their development resources at the moment. Noone asked for a new and complicated loot system different from Throne, noone asked for a P2W ash system. All I wanted is a proper challenging multi-boss raid, released within a reasonable timeframe after the Mordor expansion.
    They should have tested the raid internally or on the private server Palantir. 4+ Weeks on public test server is dumb. There is no point for raid progression or competition especially with only 3 bosses. What’s worse is the p2w gear progression & garbage personal RNG lootsystem with no incentive to run the raid multiple times. T2CM drops nothing unique.

    Class Balance might look better than Throne with hunters as main DPS while everything else is pretty much support for the hunter regardless how much damage they actually do. Vastin stated Class Balance & LI Imbument are in a mess but since none of them generates any revenue short term it has zero priorities.

    Nothing will change next BR builds, who knows maybe they add more p2w to insult our injuries.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,406

    Cool



    Looking at history and applying that knoweledge with logic to make a prediction:

    Probably at the same time as some Festival, like they always do, so people don't have the time to participate in both. *sigh*

    That also guarantees that log-in numbers shows that it's a success as numbers always peaks at festivals no matter what.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    I have to disagree withou you guys.

    Raid release shouldn't be further delayed. Of course I want a polished and bug free raid, but let's be honest, the amount of time it takes SSG to deliver new content is ridiculous. Cordovan told us Mordor would launch in Summer and the Instance Cluster incuding the raid would follow "shortly thereafter". We were also told U22 would be released before the end of the year. With this information it was reasonable to assume we would get three 3/6 man instances and one 12 man raid with 5-6 bosses until end of September or early October.

    What happened? Only two 3/6 man instances instead of the expected three of which one still isn't really worth running. Raid will only have 3 bosses instead of the expected 5-6 and did not launch together with 3/6 man instances but months later. Also what the hell is this with so many beta weekends? Do devs really do zero in-house testing any more? Do they really want all serious raiding kins to clear all bosses T2C on first day of release? I mean come on that's exactely what's gonna happen. Either bosses are broken / overtuned so they'll only be beatable with questionable stategies or not at all. Or the raid will be cleared within first reset cycle by pretty much everyone.

    Also why are you unable to annouce an ETA of the raid? Are you not aware of the fact that competetive raiders are extremely dedicated when it comes to a new raid release? Some player are willing to take several days off for the raid release and want to invest lots of time. Other MMOs announce their raid release dates at least 2-3 weeks in advance but in LOTRO it's more like "Surprise, surprise! Downtime tomorrow!" - Seriously that just sucks!!

    Re: Class balance: Come on, it's not that bad at the moment. True, RKs are slightly behind Hunter DPS but every good raid group will still ayways want to bring at least 1 RK for maximum DPS. If RK DPS was exactely on par with Hunter, there wouldn't be much reason to bring Hunters at all. Also, yes, red Champ DPS sucks but they're still king of AOE DPS. In my opinion it's the raid-dev's resposibility to create encounters where both AOE and ST DPS is needed and not only ST DPS. Finally Wardens and Beornings? Yeah they generally suck in raids atm. But honestly that's what you get when there are 10 different classes but only 12-person raids. Hybrid classes are usually always OP in solo play but less desired in raid scenarios. That's always been the case and I doubt even a "class balance update" would change much. And btw. Cordovan already confirmed that there won't be a class balance update prior to the raid release.


    Do not think that I want an unfinished product. No, it's just that I'm severely disappointed in how SSG seems to manage their development resources at the moment. Noone asked for a new and complicated loot system different from Throne, noone asked for a P2W ash system. All I wanted is a proper challenging multi-boss raid, released within a reasonable timeframe after the Mordor expansion.
    True stuff, Eru
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    I have to disagree withou you guys.

    Raid release shouldn't be further delayed. Of course I want a polished and bug free raid, but let's be honest, the amount of time it takes SSG to deliver new content is ridiculous. Cordovan told us Mordor would launch in Summer and the Instance Cluster incuding the raid would follow "shortly thereafter". We were also told U22 would be released before the end of the year. With this information it was reasonable to assume we would get three 3/6 man instances and one 12 man raid with 5-6 bosses until end of September or early October.
    I don't recall them saying U22 before the end of the year, but they did release Mordor in the summer (early August, which is roughly halfway through the summer), and while they said the instance cluster would launch shortly after, I don't recall the raid being promised as part of that. In the release world, shortly = 2-3 months, not 2-3 weeks. On the plus side, U22 always seemed destined for 2018, so it's nice to see them move UP the release of Mordor and the high elf in the store. Let's not lose sight of that major shift, and the improvements planned for raids to yield better gear - at least at the outset. That's progress, in many people's eyes.

    I'd suggest they should get the 6 man fixed before the raid - that's for sure. Personally I don't think the class balance has any shot of happening before either of those two - and most of the community would object to any significant delay of the group content. So realistically I'd vote for 0) release new festival stuff only 1) fix 6 man 2) release raid 3) update 22 (just being realistic since class revamp is probably different people and harder) 4) class revamp (at least commit to it HERE).

    I think #1 needs to happen before #2 more than #4 can realistically be done before 1-3. And yeah, I have one of those champs getting screwed by rend/etc, but I still recognize that this priority order is more realistic. But *please* commit to #4 before anything else. That would be a huge help.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel'aran'rhiod View Post
    I don't recall them saying U22 before the end of the year, but they did release Mordor in the summer (early August, which is roughly halfway through the summer), and while they said the instance cluster would launch shortly after, I don't recall the raid being promised as part of that. In the release world, shortly = 2-3 months, not 2-3 weeks. On the plus side, U22 always seemed destined for 2018, so it's nice to see them move UP the release of Mordor and the high elf in the store. Let's not lose sight of that major shift, and the improvements planned for raids to yield better gear - at least at the outset. That's progress, in many people's eyes.

    I'd suggest they should get the 6 man fixed before the raid - that's for sure. Personally I don't think the class balance has any shot of happening before either of those two - and most of the community would object to any significant delay of the group content. So realistically I'd vote for 0) release new festival stuff only 1) fix 6 man 2) release raid 3) update 22 (just being realistic since class revamp is probably different people and harder) 4) class revamp (at least commit to it HERE).

    I think #1 needs to happen before #2 more than #4 can realistically be done before 1-3. And yeah, I have one of those champs getting screwed by rend/etc, but I still recognize that this priority order is more realistic. But *please* commit to #4 before anything else. That would be a huge help.
    U22 was scheduled to happen in 2017.

    "Update 22 will round out the year, and is far enough away that we'd like to keep its content under wraps for now. Let's just say that we have years’ worth of plans for Lord of the Rings Online; stories to tell, lands to explore, and heroic deeds to be done."

    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...th-anniversary

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    Is there a server first title planned for the raid?
    I hope not. Would be meaningless to give out "Original" title for the raid which has been in public server for over a month and has only 3 bosses. It will be finished if not the first day after going live then at least during first reset by the kins who's been sitting in BR every build now for weeks and learned every mechanic already.
    There's not gonna be any healthy competition for the title for this raid.

  21. #21

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Also, yes, red Champ DPS sucks but they're still king of AOE DPS. In my opinion it's the raid-dev's resposibility to create encounters where both AOE and ST DPS is needed and not only ST DPS.
    Champs are in an awful place right now:

    • Painful in the new instances
    • ST DPS is miles behind Hunters and Runekeepers
    • Rend is no longer a deal breaker
    • Melee
    • First impressions of the new raid, even the tougher adds groups look more easily handled with ST DPS and Mezzing.


    It doesn't help that Champs do Beleriand Damage, given all the debuffs available to other damage types.

    Maybe Gandalf can conjure us up a Flaming Sword!
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    Is there a server first title planned for the raid?
    You can hand it to Portal who are discussing difficulty with the DEVs...
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel'aran'rhiod View Post
    On the plus side, U22 always seemed destined for 2018, so it's nice to see them move UP the release of Mordor and the high elf in the store. Let's not lose sight of that major shift, and the improvements planned for raids to yield better gear - at least at the outset. That's progress, in many people's eyes.
    You do realise they only made Mordor available for LOTRO points, because players were leaving in droves with nothing to do in game.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    I hope not. Would be meaningless to give out "Original" title for the raid which has been in public server for over a month and has only 3 bosses. It will be finished if not the first day after going live then at least during first reset by the kins who's been sitting in BR every build now for weeks and learned every mechanic already.
    There's not gonna be any healthy competition for the title for this raid.
    If it makes you feel any better. The third boss doesn't even have any mechanics attached to it yet.

  25. #25
    I hope SSG sees that people are willingly to keep in supporting this game and put more resources into Lotro 2018.
    Like Eru wrote, it needs way to much time atm. when it comes to new content.
    SSG is doing so much good things and they lissen to the community way more then Trubine did, but if the sometimes bad quality of new content and slow tempo will continue, i see some people leaving this game.
    Gertes

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload