We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forum login issues

I am having strange issues when trying to log into my main forum account, which is that of Polymachos. The second account works. Does anyone know the reason for that? TIA.

Greetings, actually Polymachos

We are working through some traffic-related issues for LOTRO.com. The site may be a bit up and down while we work to resolve it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Ah, thanks for the info. I'll wait it out then.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos_too View Post
    Ah, thanks for the info. I'll wait it out then.

Greetings, Polymachos
    See my thread about the forums running very slowly; getting logged out at random has been another issue; it seems to be a lot better now though, my browser has managed to stay logged in for around an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are working through some traffic-related issues for LOTRO.com. The site may be a bit up and down while we work to resolve it.
    There may be some sort of IP ban or something as well. I could not access any of lotro/ddo/turbine (Yes, turbine...) sites all last night and into this morning.

I had to force request a new IP via my cable modem to be able to play the game again and also view the forums and websites.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    There may be some sort of IP ban or something as well. I could not access any of lotro/ddo/turbine (Yes, turbine...) sites all last night and into this morning.

I had to force request a new IP via my cable modem to be able to play the game again and also view the forums and websites.
    They may have IP blocked YOU, but Baba Ji was running rampant again during the worst of it; he/she/it must have a premium access route into the forum server.

Exclamation

For about 20 hours now I can't access either the website or the game itself at all without a VPN which makes it extremely tedious. Filled a ticket with a tracert (the connection is interrupted somewhere between NYC and the final destination).

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

There's an idea now, I'll try the same to see if it works for me as well.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    There's an idea now, I'll try the same to see if it works for me as well.
    It worked, thank you Chromite!

The forum is awfully slow and unstable but at least I can play without a VPN now.

There may be some sort of IP ban or something as well. I could not access any of lotro/ddo/turbine (Yes, turbine...) sites all last night and into this morning.I had to force request a new IP via my cable modem to be able to play the game again and also view the forums and websites.
    For the last year, a huge range of IP's from my ISP has been blocked from accessing anything related to the game. Including the forums.

I discovered this after I requested a new IP, but still could not connect.LotRO techs said it was an ISP thing, ISP said it was a LotRO thing (big surprise). Long story short I have to use a VPN now to connect to anything LotRO related.

Good news is I have learned a lot about quality VPN's in the last few months. :P

Exclamation

I would like to point You to these 2 threads in the main forum as well in case You haven't seen them yet. It seems it is not as simple as just slow traffic but also other issues and even some getting their IP adresses banned or in some way totally blocked from even accessing the game as well as web-site. Not talking about not being able to log in but totally blocked and nothing loads after that happens, until you get a new IP adress. Some have to use VPN others like me managed to get a new IP adress with help from my ISP and then I could acccess both the web-site and the game again.

Link: Are the forums extremely slow for anyone else??

Link: Something very wrong with site and servers cant log in from pc anymore
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

6 Harrow Road, Mousehill, Shire Homesteads
    Lots of Russian players (but not all - for example, I can play the game, and I'm here on forums ) have the same connection problem - they can't use the forum, and the launcher stucks on the Installing Pre-Reqs stage. Seems it's provider issues. Some players can't use https://help.standingstonegames.com/ too.
    Maybe we can help and gather some info using something like the tracert command?
    Gilnaure Shrewmouse, Of Mirkwood. At your service!
    Landroval | Brotherhood of Steel & Radagast's Pipe & Watchers of Mindon | @Gil_Shrewmouse

Well, I will write here:
    Since yesterday there was a problem "Installing Pre-reqs" and lotro site doesn't load ... My provider says that the problem is not on their side. I can access the site through a proxy, but it doesn't help with launcher. And this problem is not only with me, but with many russian players.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Pre-reqs-quot

Still would like to wait for the official comments from SSG

Lightbulb

Yes its seems the problem is piling up, as can be seen in this threads as well now:

Link: "Installing Pre-reqs"

Link: IP blocking

A few are finally finding ways around like VPN (which gives a different ip adress) etc to at least post on the forums now but who knows how many more that can not access the game or even the forums to report their problems as their IP Adresses are blocked now. Playing the game via VPN will be a nightmare as that will incresae lag even more.

And no it is not just Russian, Chinese or Indian IP Adresses affected. We do not live in any of those countries. As I said we live on mainland Europe. Not even in a former Eastern block country but part of Western Europe, so no it affects more than Russia etc.

Also as I said in other threads when IP gets blocked You can not even load the game. You get stuck at "Installing Pre Reqs" then it will not progress as The game servers won't allow You to connect at all. Same with web-site. You can't even access it to load it or sign-in. You are totally blocked out from all access.

Submitted bug report already on Sunday, still no reply. My son submitted a ticket too even included our old IP adress that got blocked (that we had at that time before we managed to get a new one and could play again). Hope that helps You to trace the problem and solve it completely once and for all. Get in deep and find the acctual root of the problem and fix it along with all the effects it has caused for players. Find out why Your server host (or some security meassure you have) is blocking IP adresses of people that have done nothing wrong themselves.

Oh and also if testing on an older O/S XP, Vista etc, that use and external browser to open the store it will suddenly also just stop working after initially loading up. So those that use that can not even buy things in the store anymore. Not sure how frequent that is as I just briefly tested from a machine running Vista, just to test it. When we did buy something we instead used machine running win7 and then it worked using the in-game store that doesn't open an external browser.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Nov 28 2017 at 07:42 AM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Yes its seems the problem is piling up, as can be seen in this threads as well now:

Link: "Installing Pre-reqs"

Link: IP blocking

A few are finally finding ways around like VPN (which gives a different ip adress) etc to at least post on the forums now but who knows how many more that can not access the game or even the forums to report their problems as their IP Adresses are blocked now. Playing the game via VPN will be a nightmare as that will incresae lag even more.

And no it is not just Russian, Chinese or Indian IP Adresses affected. We do not live in any of those countries. As I said we live on mainland Europe. Not even in a former Eastern block country but part of Western Europe, so no it affects more than Russia etc.

Also as I said in other threads when IP gets blocked You can not even load the game. You get stuck at "Installing Pre Reqs" then it will not progress as The game servers won't allow You to connect at all. Same with web-site. You can't even access it to load it or sign-in. You are totally blocked out from all access.

Submitted bug report already on Sunday, still no reply. My son submitted a ticket too even included our old IP adress that got blocked (that we had at that time before we managed to get a new one and could play again). Hope that helps You to trace the problem and solve it completely once and for all. Get in deep and find the acctual root of the problem and fix it along with all the effects it has caused for players. Find out why Your server host (or some security meassure you have) is blocking IP adresses of people that have done nothing wrong themselves.

Oh and also if testing on an older O/S XP, Vista etc, that use and external browser to open the store it will suddenly also just stop working after initially loading up. So those that use that can not even buy things in the store anymore. Not sure how frequent that is as I just briefly tested from a machine running Vista, just to test it. When we did buy something we instead used machine running win7 and then it worked using the in-game store that doesn't open an external browser.
    It was about 8 months ago that my IP (and in fact a whole range of IP's from where I live) was suddenly blocked. I think either SSG, or one of the routing servers just before them subscribe to an IP blocking service. It would be nice if they fixed it. You can check online to see if your IP shows up on any blocked lists, although getting them unblocked is not easy. I don't even know how they get on their in the first place.

Playing on a proxy (I use NordVPN, which has been great, I highly recommend it) has been fine with low pings (60ms) and no discernable lag, but it would be nice to not have to bother with it anymore.

Also, I just have to say I would NOT recommend PureVPN. I had nothing but problems with it.

Just check russian forums/social media. Many russian players from Moscow can't login since weekend. I talk about ~50-100 players, or even more. Not everyone find a way to login on this forum with different IPS. They just quietly wait and hope what this problem will be resolved fast. And it's not like "we ban goldseller and hurt 1-2 players by accident". It's hundred of players who back into game after russian servers was closed, play (and pay) for 2 years now, buy all expansion sets again, all updates, and want support SSG and Lotro. And always follow all rules.

Players from Belarus also have problems entering the game. For two days now the launcher hangs on "Installing pre-reqs". The site and forum are also not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisgrat View Post
    Players from Belarus also have problems entering the game. For two days now the launcher hangs on "Installing pre-reqs". The site and forum are also not available.
    From my dating FSU women days, I think the ISPs across most of the Former Soviet Union all use the same block of IP address's through a company registered in Amsterdam that blocks geolocation of specific IP's; so I am not surprised to here other FSU countries are also suffering from IP blocks aimed at dodgy Russian ISPs.

Hopefully, when they have finished cleaning the poop off of the fan, they will start sorting out the various IP blocks.

One of the DDOS maps I just looked at suggests that a lot of attacks are coming out of Spain at the moment; but others seem to show Spain nearly clear of attacks - while the US East Coast, and Northern Europe are being hammered; although to be fair to Spain, somewhere in the central USA has been bombarding various countries all year; just going through the time line - it NEVER stops; just changes in size, type and target.

Thumbs up

Here is a quote from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by danno8 View Post
    So I posted in that other thread about how I have had to use a VPN service for the last half year in order to connect to the game and forums. Something has now changed.

Starting today I am now able to connect to the game and forums without using my VPN service. Whatever "routing issues" they are trying to work around it seems they routed themselves completely around the server that was blocking a whole swath of IP addresses from where I live (central Canada).

I hope the rest of you eventually have the same success. Until then you could try a VPN service. Not ideal, but it works great for me with no extra lag or delay in ping response (depending on which service provider you use).
    I would like to add that I did recieve a reply today to my submitted bug report about this. Not sure if its' Ok to give out details on a privately sent reply. But to sum it up and leaving out details as to whom replied etc. It does indeed seem that SSG have been working with some counter meassure to combat "bad" activities (I assume baba ji and the spam and such) and that they are working on it and hope that it is just temporary blocking as they test it and realize what meassures works and what might block the wrong people etc. As I already had gotten a new IP Adress and can access game and forums, after I got that, I can't really tell if my old blocked IP is now unblocked but if reading danno8's post seems they have at least managed to unblock some people.

I suggest that everyone who still have issues go to the Bug Site and fill in the forms. I could acctually acccess that even when our IP was blocked for this site and the game. If not maybe You can use a VPN temporarily to submit a bug report. Since those blocked can not even read this I hope that those who have friends who are blocked can pass this information on to them.

Here is The Link to the bug report form.

SSG Support Bug Form: https://help.standingstonegames.com/.../requests/new?

You need to set up a support account that uses Your e-mail but another password than the game account use. Also fill in Your account name (but not account password of course). Possibly submit Your IP adress that is blocked and a trace router so they can see if they can find Your IP adress in a block list of some sort.

Since Saturday or so, I've been having a TON of trouble getting the forums to even load.
    I can log in just fine, but I keep getting errors about the site either not sending any data or just plain taking too long to load.
    Sometimes it loads just fine as well.

Any ideas on fixing this, or is it just something with the forums?