We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are the forums extremely slow for anyone else??

It is taking upwards of 5 seconds for any page or link to open, and logging in took so long I was just about to cancel and try again - 20+ seconds.

I left off asking this question for a couple of hours as I was due a reboot; but that hasnt helped, and no other webpage I have visited it having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    It is taking upwards of 5 seconds for any page or link to open, and logging in took so long I was just about to cancel and try again - 20+ seconds.

I left off asking this question for a couple of hours as I was due a reboot; but that hasnt helped, and no other webpage I have visited it having issues.
    No it's ridiculously slow for me too. My connection is fine and no other page or program is running slow--just this forum.
    Don't tell me, show me...

Yes, I've never seen it this bad.

Thanks for posting this, I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Hope someone can get it sorted. Or maybe it's a new thing to discourage the love potion thread spammers?
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Just in case it was because I was running v56 of Firefox - and because all but one of my addons are now compliant, I upgraded to v57 and tried to open the forums again, and the BBC homepage as a comparison.

BBC = less than 1 second

LOTRO = 18 seconds just to show anything, and several more before I could do anything.

Even trying to write this reply it took 5 seconds to show the dialogue box, and another 10 before it I was able to type anything into it.

I wonder if there is a DDOS attack against the forums in progress; perhaps they finally blocked Baba Ji and his cohorts are upset.

Maybe it's some extra protection against that spammer?

Yes, it is slow. Additionally, some icons and other elements are not loading. Unfortunately, it's a holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
    Yes, it is slow. Additionally, some icons and other elements are not loading. Unfortunately, it's a holiday weekend.
    The icons etc, is probably your browser timing out due to how long it is taking to load; try refreshing the page and hopefully anything vital that is missing should appear. I have had this issue with the log in page before - and that is what has worked, however I have never known the forums themselves to be this slow.

I am going to voice a suspicion; the cheapskates who host LOTRo also host a lot of other stuff; perhaps Black Friday sales are hitting their other customers, and we are suffering due to their servers being overloaded.

That would also suggest that LOTRO's various virtual servers dont have a server to themselves, and that perhaps a lot of the lag issues we suffer are due to other virtual servers getting priority over us.

Cordovan should pass this up the chain, LOTRO is time sensitive, and shouldnt have a lower priority than Ecommerce sites sharing the server.

Either that, or the gateway server the hosts brag about stopping DDOS attacks cannot cope with the load right now.

Affirmative, been experiencing this for several days now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    Yes, I've never seen it this bad.

Thanks for posting this, I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Hope someone can get it sorted. Or maybe it's a new thing to discourage the love potion thread spammers?
    Yeah it started yesterday for me. Agreed never seen it this bad and at first I thought must be Black Friday internet traffic, but nothing else was that slow. If this was supposed to discourage the spammers, I think it worked! Maybe it was to discourage posting about lootboxes
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Same experience here. Nothing else is unusually slow.

It's always been slow for me, and the wiki too. It's weird. I don't have this problem with other websites.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    It's always been slow for me, and the wiki too. It's weird. I don't have this problem with other websites.
    For me, this is new. Typing in login name, password, getting to the "community" screen, getting to the forums themselves -- what usually is so fast for me I can't time it -- today takes a second or two per step.

And four seconds from clicking "Preview post" to seeing the preview.

Typing characters into the text is as fast as it usually is (and I am a fast typist). It's only getting from step to step that's slowed down.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Yes; while LotRO forums have never been "fast", nowadays are worst.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation. Eru was smoking something really bad.

The answer is in my signature...
    It must be your PC...

They use a forum software called Vbulletin, it's a software well known to be extremely greedy in resources server side and also require a lot of work to personalize & maintain it, but when you do things well it load pretty quick ( check http://www.minatica.be/forum.php to see the difference)
    I think the server is not good enough to sustain the traffic and the requests (since it does not matter at which time you try to check the forum, the response delays are always out of range, more than 5 seconds to load a page is ridiculous) and the team or the man responsible of the forum is not qualified enough, because they still get spam bombed time to time on a forum software providing tons of plugins against it.

It is getting worse.

On a freshly booted PC it has taken me - from clicking on the bookmark to reaching this thread NINETY THREE SECONDS; with just getting the sign in page to respond taking almost exactly a minute.

Not as slow as it is half broken, with many a page returning error messages and forcing multiple reloads.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Exclamation

Not only slow but buggy as well.

Often get page cannot load then have to reload it. Even worse get auto-logged out of the personal account and when trying to sign in again get an error that they are experiencing technical issues and have to retry later etc. Sometimes try multiple times to sign-in but can't. Hopefully not a DDOS attack or hacker attack going on (re-directing all info we send), so that any personal info or such gets stolen this weekend. Hopefully just the usual issue with http to http re-direction and overflow.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Its not slow for me, but i do have issues logging as of today so far, i get a red box saying try again later.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

They dont want you to miss the in-game experience, so they brought the Lag to the forums!!

And you dont need black steel keys or mithril coins to unlock it, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    They dont want you to miss the in-game experience, so they brought the Lag to the forums!!And you dont need black steel keys or mithril coins to unlock it, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!!!
    Must be a bug. Anything free on this game is an exploit.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Must be a bug. Anything free on this game is an exploit.
    lolol get ready for the ban!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    They dont want you to miss the in-game experience, so they brought the Lag to the forums!!

And you dont need black steel keys or mithril coins to unlock it, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!!!
    But players complained about inconsistency in this game. SSG delivered and still people complaining?

Forum is buggy as hell this morning.
    It must be your PC...

Hmm, I have now had all of the symptoms other people have been suffering, over a 1 minute period, couldnt log in, blank pages and been logged out!!! The bugs are working overtime!!

Hopefully on Monday, they will crawl back into their holes and go to sleep for another few months.

I noticed the bugs havent stopped Baba Ji though, he has managed to log in and crab all over the forums with his love juice formula.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast