We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Class balance thread again and again and again...

    When devs come from thanksgiving I would like straight answer when will 200% +-100% difference between classes be fixed so some of us at least have some clue when to get back to the game as its pointless to play now outside of questing and t1.

  2. #2
    Everything is working as intended.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog


  3. #3
    Class balance seems to be one of the things that SSG will only consider working on
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    when the sun dies
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    When devs come from thanksgiving I would like straight answer when will 200% +-100% difference between classes be fixed so some of us at least have some clue when to get back to the game as its pointless to play now outside of questing and t1.
    What does even 200% +- 100% difference means?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    What does even 200% +- 100% difference means?
    Some classes are well above and other well below average? I think...

    I don't think the game has ever been balanced and I don't think it ever will be, they do not implement the design tools/philosophies that will ever allow that to happen so it is never going to happen. If someone is waiting for it to happen before coming back then Hell will freeze over first.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    What does even 200% +- 100% difference means?
    200% Difference between Damage dealing specs/Healing specs/Tanking specs/Utility or what ever you want to add here across all classes and trait trees plus or minus 100%

    Now will you proceed to post another atention bait or are you itentionaly dull?

  7. #7
    It means something like this: red Beornings, Guardians, Captains, Lore-Masters are doing 100% damage, red Minstrels are doing +100% damage= 2 times more dps, champions and wardens are doing +200% damage= 3 times more dps, red Burglars, Rune Keepers are doing +350%=4,5times more dps and blue hunters +400% damage=5 times more damage than beo, guard, cappy and LM.
    Not accurate numbers, but differences between classes in dps spec are that big. Difference must be reduced, taking into account utility of classes. Same with heals between captain, beorning, RK and minstrel.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    It means something like this: red Beornings, Guardians, Captains, Lore-Masters are doing 100% damage, red Minstrels are doing +100% damage= 2 times more dps, champions and wardens are doing +200% damage= 3 times more dps, red Burglars, Rune Keepers are doing +350%=4,5times more dps and blue hunters +400% damage=5 times more damage than beo, guard, cappy and LM.
    Not accurate numbers, but differences between classes in dps spec are that big. Difference must be reduced, taking into account utility of classes. Same with heals between captain, beorning, RK and minstrel.
    Basically this. I don't ever expect to see class balance. I also don't think that we should have to deal with a class specced into their secondary role and still out performing another classes primary role. Captains being the go to tank, with Guardians being second, and Wardens in the dirt. Lotro has always been ambiguous about class roles and has switched primary focus many times over the lifespan of the game. I think the game would benefit more from a defined approach to what class is supposed to fullfill what role and how well. Then you can revisit those classes and "balance" them based on those principles.

    Also, why is the beorning a thing? All the class has done is blur the lines and fail to achieve major widespread success in any of the 3 roles.

  9. #9
    Can you imagine a Guardian doing as much damage as a Hunter? I'm sorry, it just ain't gonna happen, as they say.
    The classes can't be balanced.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Can you imagine a Guardian doing as much damage as a Hunter? I'm sorry, it just ain't gonna happen, as they say.
    The classes can't be balanced.
    You dont even need to mention guard when Hunter is able to do over 3 times more damage than primary melee dps...3 times.I would tolarate 10-20% and even then I will always stand behind melee DPS>Ranged DPS.

    Should not even mention healing and tanking difference between classes and countless other stuff.

    So ofc there will never be class balance as it doesnt produce direct income for them and i doubt they even have devs competent enough to do it to at least some degree.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Can you imagine a Guardian doing as much damage as a Hunter? I'm sorry, it just ain't gonna happen, as they say.
    The classes can't be balanced.
    But they should, not the same dps per target. But they should be able to do the same dps.
    They jsut have to give survivalbilty a higher value.
    Just a simple exsample with some numbers.
    A hunter can do 10k dps/target a guard 1k dps/target.
    Hunter dies if he pulls 2 mops while a guard can stand 10.
    So both would be able to do 10k dps.
    For sure you msut guarantee that you can pull 10 targets as easy as 0ne but this should be possible.
    And groupcontent won´t be affected cause you need the advantage of both classes to succeed.
    Nobody wants to make nall classes dps/tps/hps-wise the same. But all three stats together mkust be balanced.
    Would be easily possible with a formula for solo like:
    (dps+hps)/tps=value.
    So as long "value" is for each class the same, we can speak as balanced.
    And each advantage is included.
    the obvously. hunter high dps and tps low hps, guard leverything is low, mini, high hps and tps low dps.
    the other with the lm as example (debuffing) through this lower tps so hps and dps don´t have to be this high.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload