We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

why give a quest that is impossible to do?

I tried it with a single minstrel 115 and failed. Tried it with a mini and Lm and failed. Tried it with a mini, lm and hunter. We killed all the mobs but before we rescued the thief the mobs that we killed came back in and killed us while we were trying to free the npc! Freeing the thief takes time and in that time the big boss (34k) came back in and hit the one freeing the thief and stopped it cold track. Again I ask why give this quest if the re-spawn rate is that fast for it to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    I tried it with a single minstrel 115 and failed. Tried it with a mini and Lm and failed. Tried it with a mini, lm and hunter. We killed all the mobs but before we rescued the thief the mobs that we killed came back in and killed us while we were trying to free the npc! Freeing the thief takes time and in that time the big boss (34k) came back in and hit the one freeing the thief and stopped it cold track. Again I ask why give this quest if the re-spawn rate is that fast for it to fail?
    they do respawn really fast, so what you do is make LM to cc them while another person frees the thief. after you release him you can run away or kill the mobs..

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    Again I ask why give this quest if the re-spawn rate is that fast for it to fail?
    This is a test server. Their intent is not to provide content to screw with you.
    Give feedback that helps them. Example: I found this quest to be near impossible to complete (never successful) on, (list level and class and race). Pointing out where the challenge is helps too.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    they do respawn really fast, so what you do is make LM to cc them while another person frees the thief. after you release him you can run away or kill the mobs..
    Agreed! Most LM's these days can't play them to save their life, all they do is drop that fire ring and lightning. All the old really pro LM's left-the ones that figured out in groups they are CC, power batteries, and debuffs with some dps. Most I see now days think they are champion's with a pet.

Is this the quest in Agarnaith where you have to rescue Viznak (the goblin) from the Uruks? It sounds like it. And yea. That quest is *very* difficult for some classes to do as the boss uruk and the two defilers respawn faster than the induction timer to free Viznak. My guess is that this quest was never play tested solo (Fusham Bal resolution is another).

One of my characters had to kill the boss (quest requirement) and then run away. Then I waited for someone else to come along and aggro the three mobs. I then ran in and got Visnak. You can wait around and help the next person get him too. Some classes have enough crowd control to stun/root/mez those three mobs. Others need to do this as a group. Sounds like to did have a group. So, kill the three and have one person kite away the mobs while others get Visnak.

Quote Originally Posted by MourneBlade View Post
    Agreed! Most LM's these days can't play them to save their life, all they do is drop that fire ring and lightning. All the old really pro LM's left-the ones that figured out in groups they are CC, power batteries, and debuffs with some dps. Most I see now days think they are champion's with a pet.
    That's the outcome of current game design. As of late you needed yellow LM only on certain group instances where CC is required. Of course the AC debuff is nice (well, Mordor nerfed that) but most PUGs just prefer pure DPS instead of debuffs or CC (you may actually get turned down as a yellow LM even if it would somewhat benefit the given instance). Also there hasn't been need for a power battery for a long time (Mordor seemed to bring back this aspect a little bit though).