We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black Steel Keys - Now Bound to Character

Please reconsider this change. It is alt unfriendly, and it also prevents players from helping out kinmates/friends to gear up for instance runs. Ideally, leave it the way it is currently on live (some unbound keys and some bound keys per week). Account bound wouldn't be as bad as character bound, but still, not ideal.

What is the reasoning behind this change please? What benefit does it bring? You've given reasons as to why you want to add daily locks to instances, but there is no reasoning provided for making earned keys character bound.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Considering the fact that the game goes to more and more alt unfriendly with every new update, i don't think that they will change anything...
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Yeah charbound really sucks. this forces players to do daylies with classes which aren´t designed for soloplay.
    Accbound is the minimum how it should be.

Why do people think they are changing keys ? Didn't Cord say that was a mistake ?

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    Why do people think they are changing keys ? Didn't Cord say that was a mistake ?
    Not to my knowledge. There was a case of a daily not providing a key on BR this round, and that was explained as a bug, but as far as I'm aware, the patch notes state that dailies will now give Slivers, to trade for bound keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post

New in this build
    • The Gorgorth Daily Expedition quests now award 2 Slivers of Black Steel each so that you can earn Black Steel Keys equally from any daily expedition.

Tybur fails to say whether this is in addition to what's currently on live, or if it's totally replacing what's on live. Some testers on BR report that this is the only thing we can earn from dailies now, and the unbound key every other day has been removed.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 21 2017 at 09:25 AM.

I love how often we pay for a product only to have it pulled out from under us.

This is a ridiculous thing, are things SO bad that you have to penny pinch this way?
    I get you want to make money but.. yikes.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    I love how often we pay for a product only to have it pulled out from under us.

This is a ridiculous thing, are things SO bad that you have to penny pinch this way?
    I get you want to make money but.. yikes.
    Help me understand how this is a money grab? Number you can earn in a week actually went up... you just cant sell them anymore.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Help me understand how this is a money grab? Number you can earn in a week actually went up... you just cant sell them anymore.
    The number you can earn in a week stays the same, but you can't sell them, or pass to alts. So when one alt is finished gearing, the keys are then useless to that alt, except to break whatever's in a chest for ash. Example, yoru fully geared champ, that needs no gear, earns their bound key and opens a chest, to find that rare shoulder piece that your minstrel really could have used if they had opened the chest, but couldn't, because of a bound key. Care to help me understand how that isn't a money grab? Regardless, it's not about money grabbing, it's about how alt unfriendly it is. There is no advantage in this change, other than the one - you don't see. It limits the number of chests an alt can open per week, which is an advantage to SSG as it pushes up the chances of a store reach on alts.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 21 2017 at 02:51 PM.

Never will understand why people take things so personally. Just a question.
    I see it differently, and am hardly bothered by it being bound or not. But... to each their own.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Never will understand why people take things so personally. Just a question.
    I see it differently, and am hardly bothered by it being bound or not. But... to each their own.
    Who took anything personally? You asked for help to understand, I gave it. Nothing personal taken this side.

Lightbulb

I totally agree !!!

I've read others mention it too. This is really just stopping one of the purpose to play alts. Even more to stop people paying for multiple subs. Sounds like a bad businnes idea, financially. My son and I play together. Our plan was to do the dailies. Help one of us gear up first, then the geared up one help the other. We always play that way. I was even about to buy Mordor Expansion for a 2nd account for myself to help us even more. Now all that is put on hold. No point trying to help each other to earn keys and then give to each other anymore. I can see no other reason for this than to try and force us to buy keys in the store if we want to do that. Not going to happen. As I've said before I will not let my son into gambling for money and I won't do it as I set the example. So the net result in my case is that You lose and expansions sale that I might have puchased for a 2nd account plus we probably play less overall with not much point to help each other or even play alts with more and more things becoming account or character bound. On top of that 1-day instance chest locks in Mordor and no more random landscape drops so why would we even play and roam the landscape after we are done ??? All this just add up to LESS reasons to play for us.

Most of all I'd just like to see lootboxes removed all together, as they influence game design way to much (as it's clear to see) and is gambling. However I will stick with the topic in this thread and take that discussion in other threads.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)