We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    2nd boss feedback:

Adds have too much morale to be killable and still have any time left for corruption removals and then DPS on the boss.

Boss corruptions are far too high, there doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to take all of them down and still in some way manage the adds short of just kiting them forever, not a challenging or fun mechanic (and certainly kiting is a mechanic far over-used this expansion so far. CoS I'm looking at you...)
    #15skills

I completely agree with Elze (Edit: And with Ethrildar^).

Mechanics are easy to understand and react; but there are 2 things that needs to be done subsequently (removing corruptions and having time to dps boss + adds), but its simply too much to pull it off all together especially when you have the group composition to be able to heal both groups.

I would recommend reducing the corruption count instead of playing around with the add timer.

Just stop with the 40 sec or 45 sec guard timer thing, it doesn't really matter when you have to break your group composition way too much to handle the corruptions. The corruptions on boss should be the main priority for next beta, And I'm not talking about reducing it from 50 -> 45. It needs to be 30 TOPS, otherwise there isn't enough time to do it all.
    Last edited by Wolf2x; Dec 07 2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Arkenstone ~ Faded
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Mini-LM-Hunter-RK-Captain-Beorning @ 115

I understand ssg wants to make the fight fun and challenging but making it just not doable makes in neither of those things.

timer for mobs spawn should be adjusted and either make them both killable in the time between spawns to have time to actualy dps the Boss (asuming you take all coruptions off) or just lower corruption count.

Boss 1:

Adding the heal from Blood Spirits back and keeping the random attack aspect of them makes the fight silly. Possible? Yeah, theoretically, but just utterly screws over melee. Random attacks OR Heal. Not both. Personally I find the random attacks more engaging/fun, but more detrimental to melee. Cool with either. Basically last build was fine, just needed bug fixes.

Boss 2:

Adds timer (for T2, at least) should be set to 60 seconds.

45 seconds is theoretically doable, but it's extremely chaotic. Maybe in a game like WoW the community would be okay with that expectation of performance, but not really in LOTRO.

Boss 3:

Feels really unfinished. I really like the look of the fight and a lot of aspects of it. It just doesn't look even close to a good fight yet.

I don't know if I like how phase one is done, either. Fingar wrecks people in melee -- it's distributed, so it's somewhat manageable, but considering the Ranged attacks I think you should significantly buff his outgoing damage to ranged, or nerf his initial damage to melee a slight amount.

---

Sent some feedback via PM about some exploits that need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    Boss 1:

Adding the heal from Blood Spirits back and keeping the random attack aspect of them makes the fight silly. Possible? Yeah, theoretically, but just utterly screws over melee. Random attacks OR Heal. Not both. Personally I find the random attacks more engaging/fun, but more detrimental to melee. Cool with either. Basically last build was fine, just needed bug fixes.

Boss 2:

45 seconds is theoretically doable, but it's extremely chaotic. Maybe in a game like WoW the community would be okay with that expectation of performance, but not really in LOTRO.

Boss 3:

Feels really unfinished. I really like the look of the fight and a lot of aspects of it. It just doesn't look even close to a good fight yet.

I don't know if I like how phase one is done, either. Fingar wrecks people in melee -- it's distributed, so it's somewhat manageable, but considering the Ranged attacks I think you should significantly buff his outgoing damage to ranged, or nerf his initial damage to melee a slight amount.

---

Sent some feedback via PM about some exploits that need fixing.

Agreed with your points here but I would also much prefer random attacks on spirits over heal. The heal is just meh in every way
    Faded Youtube Channel

Asthma Rank 15 Minstrel
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Boss 3:

T2C of this fight is very awesome!
    Challenge stages only unlock when you properly do things during the fight. (the problem is that challenge not fails when you don't do this properly, so now you can complete T2C by doing T2)
    T2 is easy yes, but there are at least 3 unique T2C only stages that makes this fight one of the best in lotro IMO.
    Changing T2 would be a result of T2C overtuned (which seems great balanced by far)

Boss 2:

I suggest these changes:

1. Reduce Shadow-Guards hp to 2.5kk
    2. Reduce Remntant HP to 500k
    3. Make remnant random attack once in 5-8 seconds
    4. Increase Shadow Guard spawn time to 60s, and keep wall timing on 40s
    5. Reduce corruptions to 30-35
    Last edited by Siddharta; Dec 10 2017 at 07:21 PM.
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    I suggest these changes:

Even if those changes were to go through , 2nd boss will be a raid blocker.
    Challenge and non-challenge difficulty difference is quite small and i am surprised no one mentions how stupid the unseen spear mechanic is.

Challenge for second boss needs to be reworked , 1st boss needs to get rerolled to previous beta build and get clean of exploits and then MAYBE they can launch a beta build into live ^^

The fact that they even considered launching this build into live tomorrow makes me shiver. #facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Even if those changes were to go through , 2nd boss will be a raid blocker.
    Challenge and non-challenge difficulty difference is quite small and i am surprised no one mentions how stupid the unseen spear mechanic is.

Challenge for second boss needs to be reworked , 1st boss needs to get rerolled to previous beta build and get clean of exploits and then MAYBE they can launch a beta build into live ^^

The fact that they even considered launching this build into live tomorrow makes me shiver. #facepalm
    Yea, getting 1 boss raid in this situation is a very bad plot
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Yea, getting 1 boss raid in this situation is a very bad plot
    I heard it's been done
    Situational Awareness | Original Challenger of Gothmog | LM & RK
    Fashion Police | Original Challenger of the Abyss | RK

Agree re: 2nd boss Challenge/Unseen Spear. It's a Challenge that doesn't add anything interesting to the fight, and serves to make T2 more or less the same as T2C. Means T2 has to be overtuned to make T2C challenging, and ends up being a raid-blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Elze
    Agreed with your points here but I would also much prefer random attacks on spirits over heal. The heal is just meh in every way
    Yeah, them not having random attacks but healing just requires you to tank them and is basically a 'don't stuff up/when you get ported get back into position quick!1'. Random attacks from spirits without heals is just way more noticeable and chaotic, even if, again, IMO, it advantages Ranged/Hunters moreso than Melee/RKs.

T2C of this fight is very awesome!
    Challenge stages only unlock when you properly do things during the fight. (the problem is that challenge not fails when you don't do this properly, so now you can complete T2C by doing T2)
    T2 is easy yes, but there are at least 3 unique T2C only stages that makes this fight one of the best in lotro IMO.
    Changing T2 would be a result of T2C overtuned (which seems great balanced by far)
    Okay, cool! That sounds exciting. Admittedly we only got 3 attempts on the boss so my feedback is obviously much less valuable than yours. Looking forward to seeing it further on Live. =D

Sounds good to me. It'd be cool to see a more interesting challenge mechanic that adds more to the fight, too.

I'd also like to report something weird :

I believe there was a stealth tweak on full traited minstrel chord of salvation.
    The intention was propably to make it work on boss 2 ? I mean what else could it be ??? It didn't work on NPC before and they tried to make it work now ?

Instead , it got bugged. Now the trait's extra heal only gets applied on yourself and not your target.
    I noticed this first time on early beta builds , and i originally thought it was a high-elf bug....

And now it happens on my non-high elf minny on live too ^^

I just mention it for the lulz. They have no control over their game code : (

I'll defo come back to the game when they try to work on class balance , because it will be priceless LOLS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3