We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    Cordovan, I know y'all are getting a lot of flak for this, so I just wanted to chime in that I am pleased with this change. For those of us with limited time, that can ONLY run once a day if that, it will be nice to know we'll be making progress every time, and no chance of getting nothing but silver. Thank you for helping us casual players gear up.

    I also want to point out to others that, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding things, they are locking the CHESTS, not the INSTANCES. That means, for those of you saying they're taking the fun out of it because you like running it -- you can still run it, no fun lost!

    One thought, though, that might offer a bit of a compromise -- perhaps a small chest with a chance of dropping some scrolls or crystals that is always available would make people feel like they're getting a little bit for their time still. Or let the mobs drop loot or something. Some kind of small reward might help alleviate some of the complaints for those that are frustrated with this idea.
    What about when you log on and all your kin mates already done the instance? Barrier to help without no compensation is way larger. Finding pugs is way harder more the day passes and so on. Very casual player friendly indeed.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    Cordovan, I know y'all are getting a lot of flak for this, so I just wanted to chime in that I am pleased with this change. For those of us with limited time, that can ONLY run once a day if that, it will be nice to know we'll be making progress every time, and no chance of getting nothing but silver. Thank you for helping us casual players gear up.

    I also want to point out to others that, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding things, they are locking the CHESTS, not the INSTANCES. That means, for those of you saying they're taking the fun out of it because you like running it -- you can still run it, no fun lost!

    One thought, though, that might offer a bit of a compromise -- perhaps a small chest with a chance of dropping some scrolls or crystals that is always available would make people feel like they're getting a little bit for their time still. Or let the mobs drop loot or something. Some kind of small reward might help alleviate some of the complaints for those that are frustrated with this idea.
    Maybe I missed it someplace but.. did they say you will get the piece you want every run?
    If so I need to look at this in a different light.
    Can you direct me to where it says you can choose what drops for your gear?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    Most of us are telling you this is a bad idea and suggesting solutions. You're hurting the game with this change.

    There are ways like Classic Loot to give more reliable loot, or give us an extra box once per day upon completion of the instance (kinda like FI). You literally only have 2 instances (so maybe 4 boxes) to deal with, so making a change like extra loot box on t1 and t2 clear, similar to FIs, as a way to add reliable loot per run shouldn't be an outrageous idea.

    The raid looks excellent! The problem is the loot systems you're implementing are going to take away from the efforts you're going to in creating content.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    I can see the reasoning behind this change now -- but adding a daily lock to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests would theoretically mean zero benefit to running them more than once each day (and therefore no incentive to do so) aside from some Marks and Medallions, due to all the other loot within these instances found in those same chests. I could see this rendering it somewhat more difficult to find groups for this, depending on time zone and when a player logs on.

    Also, the game already has the Featured Instance tech, which would be perfect for this exact situation, and what I would personally do would be the following:


    • Add a daily repeatable quest to both Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost, bestowed upon entering either instance at level cap, with the reward being a "gift box" similar to that of Featured Instance quests:
      • 1 guaranteed level 115 (item level 330-334) Mordor equipment piece, with the stat type (Might, Agility, or Will) determined by the class of the character opening it (if this is possible with current tech).
        • If the plan is to have a separate "daily bonus" for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 completion of these instances, have an increased chance for the equipment piece to be of Incomparable loot quality in the Tier 2 gift box.
      • Moderate chance for 1-2 Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.
      • Small chance for 1 Anfalas Star-lit Crystal.
      • If Tier 1 and Tier 2 have a separate "daily bonus" each, perhaps a very small chance for super secret Mordor loot for Tier 2? Cosmetic pets, cosmetic armour, other unusual items in the vein of Erebrandir's Horseshoe secretly introduced in future updates, etc.

    • Keep the standard instance chests currently found within Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost the way they are now, to provide incentive to keep running the instances after completing their daily quests.
      • Retaining their very small chance to drop Mordor equipment will provide a minor (but still tangible) benefit to encourage repeat runs. If anyone wants to farm the instances for this purpose, then that means more potential groups for players to find for these instances to begin with, and therefore potential daily quest completions (with guaranteed Mordor equipment rewards).
      • The higher drop rate of Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment and Anfalas Star-lit Crystals already provides a very strong incentive to run these instances in the first place, and doubly so due to how many of these items are required to max out Imbued Legendary Items. If they can still be continuously acquired by repeat runs of these instances for that day, then there will be a good reason to do so at any level, and not just at level 115.
      • By restricting items such as Rare/Incomparable Vanguard Rune of Striking/Enchanting/Binding and Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance to instance chests only and not daily quest rewards, repeat runs can be strongly encouraged due to these valuable items not having a guaranteed drop chance (but still allowing players to keep running the instances that day if they want to farm for them).


    If you want to add guaranteed loot drops to these instances, I think this should do the trick.
    One less Orc in the world is a good thing, and one less leader among the Orcs is a great thing.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States, Central time zone
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Maybe I missed it someplace but.. did they say you will get the piece you want every run?
    If so I need to look at this in a different light.
    Can you direct me to where it says you can choose what drops for your gear?
    As far as I know they did NOT say any such thing; however, any piece is either what I want, or something that will move me closer to that goal. For me, both possibilities are better than getting nothing but silver. I know not all will agree with me; I merely posted to encourage the developers and make sure that they also hear from the people that are pleased. At least one of us.
    Celordal: 115 RK, Galynna: 115 champion, Jaenoviel: 115 captain, Tiluriel: 115 LM, and a few other toons -- Runic Knights, Brandywine
    Other alts -- Riders of the Great Eagles, Brandywine, originally Riddermark

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    As far as I know they did NOT say any such thing; however, any piece is either what I want, or something that will move me closer to that goal. For me, both possibilities are better than getting nothing but silver. I know not all will agree with me; I merely posted to encourage the developers and make sure that they also hear from the people that are pleased. At least one of us.
    ok, thanks for updating me.

    What level and tier do you run it at?
    I think I've almost never gotten nothing but silver except in a 105 T1.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    As far as I know they did NOT say any such thing; however, any piece is either what I want, or something that will move me closer to that goal. For me, both possibilities are better than getting nothing but silver. I know not all will agree with me; I merely posted to encourage the developers and make sure that they also hear from the people that are pleased. At least one of us.
    Sure will be fun to run 115 t2 and 115 t1 and get a purple piece of loot each run, right? 80 ash! Then to know that if you're unlucky and your friends have ran it separately from you during the day they're going to get no loot out of joining you on a run. Wonderful!

    If you only got silver from the chests this past update... Doesn't seem like you were participating in the content.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    You already have the FI system that you can use for this without restricting the main working instance Mordor provides.
    As many have said why locking 3/6mans is a bad idea yet SSG seems to ignore that one can only assume its set in concrete and Feedback for the most part is worthless

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States, Central time zone
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    ok, thanks for updating me.

    What level and tier do you run it at?
    I think I've almost never gotten nothing but silver except in a 105 T1.
    Most of my runs are T2 Seregost, 115, with the occasional challenge depending on who our 3rd is. You're right -- technically I do usually get at least a couple of scrolls; but it is not uncommon for one or more of us to get nothing but silver from a particular chest. The crystals, XP runes, and scrolls that most often drop are nice but don't help gear up my alts. My experience is that there is MAYBE one piece of gear drop in a run total, and although I haven't counted I would estimate that one drop is actually about 75% of the time. Perhaps we all have terrible luck with the RNG -- but that's exactly why I'm pleased that we will be guaranteed a drop of some sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    If you only got silver from the chests this past update... Doesn't seem like you were participating in the content.
    That's part of my pleasure -- I don't have time to log in and run multiple times a day; I'm lucky if I get to run more than 2-3 times a week. That's why I thanked them for making something that helps me, and others like me, to gear up more consistently.

    And since ash gear will continue to drop in Candur's instances, which take significantly less time, I can continue to make progress that way which is how I have been gearing up so far.
    Celordal: 115 RK, Galynna: 115 champion, Jaenoviel: 115 captain, Tiluriel: 115 LM, and a few other toons -- Runic Knights, Brandywine
    Other alts -- Riders of the Great Eagles, Brandywine, originally Riddermark

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    Most of my runs are T2 Seregost, 115, with the occasional challenge depending on who our 3rd is. You're right -- technically I do usually get at least a couple of scrolls; but it is not uncommon for one or more of us to get nothing but silver from a particular chest. The crystals, XP runes, and scrolls that most often drop are nice but don't help gear up my alts. My experience is that there is MAYBE one piece of gear drop in a run total, and although I haven't counted I would estimate that one drop is actually about 75% of the time. Perhaps we all have terrible luck with the RNG -- but that's exactly why I'm pleased that we will be guaranteed a drop of some sort.
    OK, now for the sake of argument...


    Why couldn't they just added a guaranteed drop in every run and not lock everything?
    What happens if the guaranteed drop is purple or yellow with a small chance of teal? Would you be as happy?

    When they say things like 'players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run," I tend to look between the lines and say.. hmm.. it doesn't say 'teal' gear.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States, Central time zone
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    OK, now for the sake of argument...


    Why couldn't they just added a guaranteed drop in every run and not lock everything?
    What happens if the guaranteed drop is purple or yellow with a small chance of teal? Would you be as happy?

    When they say things like 'players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run," I tend to look between the lines and say.. hmm.. it doesn't say 'teal' gear.
    It might very well not be teal, I recognize that, and you're right, that would be more disappointing than if it's teal. But it's still disenchantable.

    I'm not posting this to try to convince anyone of anything. I understand that for those who have the time and desire to grind for their gear, this is a very disappointing change. All of you have the right to be disappointed, and to let them know. But I also have the right to be pleased, and to let them know that. That's all I was aiming for. :-)
    Celordal: 115 RK, Galynna: 115 champion, Jaenoviel: 115 captain, Tiluriel: 115 LM, and a few other toons -- Runic Knights, Brandywine
    Other alts -- Riders of the Great Eagles, Brandywine, originally Riddermark

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    It might very well not be teal, I recognize that, and you're right, that would be more disappointing than if it's teal. But it's still disenchantable.

    I'm not posting this to try to convince anyone of anything. I understand that for those who have the time and desire to grind for their gear, this is a very disappointing change. All of you have the right to be disappointed, and to let them know. But I also have the right to be pleased, and to let them know that. That's all I was aiming for. :-)
    I understand where you are coming from and i'd never say.. take this away from player A so player B can have it as well.
    I have time at the moment to play more then 3 times a week so this change for me sucks pretty hard.
    It also means time with my online friends is going to be less now as I, and they, will be logging less often because we are not people to jump on game and stand on a fencepost while doing nothing.
    Personally I have to be busy and I like the choice of running it more often for/with friends to help them gear up because sometimes it's not just the loot.. it's time spent with friends too.
    Now we can't do that, they've taken the ability to help friends gear as well. Which makes me sad


    Overall though, its the bigger picture. People buying it with points are going to have a harder time now then those of us who have been able to gear the way the expac was sold.
    They won't have landscape drops aside from quests, they can't get any extra scrolls or crystals etc from the runs because they can't farm it and they won't have the ability to get as many keys via dailies.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Overall though, its the bigger picture. People buying it with points are going to have a harder time now then those of us who have been able to gear the way the expac was sold.
    They won't have landscape drops aside from quests, they can't get any extra scrolls or crystals etc from the runs because they can't farm it and they won't have the ability to get as many keys via dailies.
    I know I'm being paranoid, but I have to wonder if that is exactly what is intended. To teach all of us who held out to buy it for points that we're better off buying it for cash and progress as many characters as we can before everything gets nerfed for the point-purchasers.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    This is definetely better for those players with many alts like myself, HOWEVER, there is another alternative that can satify everyone. Please check this thread to know: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lk-about-Grind

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    Ok. I'm not going to go into whether this is good or bad because I don't really know. However, you seriously need to look at the communication of your intent with Patch Notes, etc. You can't leave your customers to speculate over stuff like this. It's going to do you harm in the long term. Talk to us not at us.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    I really like your motives and this change perfectly fits my playstyle. But an mmo shouldnt force my playstyle upon all players. There are players that enjoy running the same instance the whole day everyday... there should at least be some reward for it. Cant do you something like ten times the droprate for the first run each day? have a normal chest that always drops stuff with the old bad rates or even worse plus a daily chest with nice loot?

    And if I understand it right... you try to enforce people running on 115 instead of farming their levelcap gear on lvl105... thats totally the right way to go, but like so many changes comes too late, sadly. Should have done it right from the beginning and just only drop runes, crafting items and other good stuff on lvl115. lower levels should only drop scrolls and a small chance for ashgear. not like it was all those weeks where people farmed lvl105 T2 for ash to gear for lvl115. thats bad design.
    Or how about starting at guaranteed drops and each subsequent run on the same day halves the droprate?
    Last edited by Oelle; Nov 20 2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    I know I'm being paranoid, but I have to wonder if that is exactly what is intended. To teach all of us who held out to buy it for points that we're better off buying it for cash and progress as many characters as we can before everything gets nerfed for the point-purchasers.
    If it is it's a bit of a scatter-gun technique because it's going to catch me and I paid cash money for Mordor (though as I've posted elsewhere I'm seriously rethinking jumping in early from now on until I know exactly what I'm getting). I haven't had much time to play since the launch, and I certainly haven't farmed for ash (tried it once for 10 mins and died of boredom), so I'd get caught with this theoretical nerf gun too. I'm sure there are other people who paid and are in a similar position.

    So, I doubt that's what it is. I'd rather put it down to poor planning which is at least excusable. Though disappointing.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    This is definetely better for those players with many alts like myself
    Which is exactly the point and i am surprised so few players noticed it so far.
    Combine the instance lock change with the bound on char keys and you begin to see a pattern.

    SSG have decided to do 2 things :

    1) Milk the players that will buy Mordor with LP ( soon TM )
    2) 'Force' players to gear alts to progress to the best gear quicker. ( or visit the store ofc , by all means )

    Why ?

    Till now , you could simply use landscape geared chars to farm the keys , sent them to your main , get gear + ash.
    They start by ending that first ( bound on acquire keys ). While they are at it , they slightly reduce key acquisition rate too. We don't want most people to notice , right ?

    Till now , you could grind landscape mobs for ash.
    "Ow , that was never in our plans , our bad" ... HAHAHAHAHA , cool story dood , you just noticed right ?

    Till now , you could use your main , grind the 3man and get gear/ash. Meanwhile , your alts could stay on landscape mode and feed your main with ash/keys.
    They end the ash farm part by adding a lock.
    I mean , what else do you think this is about ? The gear that drops there won't even be the best anymore. It's all about the ash!

    So what will you have to do now ?

    1) Change nothing and expect the gear grind to last months. You need thousands of ash to get the gear if you are not raiding and if you are , you will still need to use ashes for the gear pieces RNG won't give you.Again , even for a raider , it can last months.
    2) Limit the grind time by gearing alts. It sounds good at first. With a small army of 200 LoE you can achieve maximum ash + gear grind through running all the locks.
    However , reality punches you in the face after a while , this a vicious circle.
    Gearing the alts alone , requires resources. Resources that give you the first temptation to visit the store.
    Also , somewhere along the way , you find out that the upcoming raid gear will get replaced sooner than it can be earned by most players. Which is basically what they've been doing since Mordor launch. Raid will be cleared by then , kinmates will start to leave , runs will be reduced.
    The player will potentially get frustrated along the way anddddddddddddddd............. .
    3) Pay for keys to finish the job. It wasn't so hard was it ?

    OCD will finally be at ease. But , wait ..... What about my alts ? : ((((((((((((((((((

    SSG replies : '' Hmmmm , let's start by scratching the bound to account tokens.''
    '' Loot like Throne is bad for content duration! They can send armor to their alt ? What is this ??? This is DAYBREAK!"

    So player , please , if you want your alt geared , feel free to Repeat all the above. I mean , it's easier now right ? You got your main done and alts geared with 200 LoE already !

    Problem is they overestimate how long a player can get frustrated for. I personally lost it when i saw , yet again , updated lootbox gear + ash barterers on raid beta.
    That was the final straw.
    It automatically made most of my previous gearing 'work' pointless. And i am not even the worst case out there , far from it . I did farm a LOT of keys since launch and bought way too few with LP.
    I personally know players that spent hundreds of dollars for keys , even in Mordor launch.
    Then the update comes and the gear is USELESS. All that within a couple of months....
    In the case of the last instance update , the initial mordor best in slot gear was not even enough to enter t2. HAHAHAHAHA

    Why on earth do i play this again ?

    I'll simply clear the raid and continue playing other games. I've waited for it too long to not even play it at all , otherwise i would have spat on Lotro already.
    Plus , it does look pretty cool. : )
    Last edited by BotLike; Nov 20 2017 at 07:04 PM.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    I understand you just pass around information,but how can you say something like this.Why dont you simply leave chests as they are right now and add daily quest that gives set amount of ash or box that gives armor.

    I just cant understand people who support this idea,you seem to be fine with limiting big portion of playerbase to ~30 minute stuff to do in game.

    Good luck to you all getting group as day passes by.

    You barely have any players left and you go forward with decisions that will reduce that number even more,then again those who will leave after these changes in their majority didnt spend money on keys and stuff so its not big loss for you.

    Not to mention 0 class balance in near 6 months after 40$ expansion,but damn its good to add lock on only 2 instance in expansion out of wich 1 is nearly unplayable for how many weeks it is now?

    I will repeat it once again even tho I know it will not change anything and this is going live,DO NOT PUT DAILY LOCK ON 3/6 MAN INSTANCE CHESTS.

    To those still playing and few kins who still have will to raid I wish good luck in few months thats left of the game.

  20. #45
    Just to add to the chorus, IMO this is a terrible idea. My kin an endgame raiding kin, so we have no trouble running CoS T2C, but even we are limited in terms of group makeup. This instance is much easier to run if you have a proper tank than if you don't, and it will now be extremely difficult to get a proper tank to run it more than once a day. So no one will end up running it at all after a while.

    Why do you make instances if you don't want people to run them?

    I am at my wits-end with this change. It just makes no sense except as a transparent push for people to buy keys. If you really want to give people guaranteed loot, then please by all means use the tech you already have with the Featured Instances. There is absolutely no need to do this other than to push people to buy keys.

    Please reconsider this decision and use the FI tech instead.
    .
    Duruleth - 100 RK, Durindor - 100 Grd, Durselm - 76 LM, Durscap - 100 Cpt, Henckel - 79 Champ, Durbear - 100 Beorning, Anglin - 67 Mins

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    Look, if you wanted to do something like this it should've been done at the very beginning. You can't just make this change now and expect people to be ok with it. We paid good $$ for this expansion and there has been change after change after change that negatively impacts the game and spits in our faces. We were not aware of these things when we bought it and I feel like I'm not getting what I paid for.

    Cordovan, you must see all the threads all over the boards that are giving you feedback and yet you still seem to do the opposite of what is desired. It's mind boggling!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 107~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 54 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    If you are having issues understanding what cordovan is saying let me translate for you.

    We dont like you guys farming this stuff let us remove it and heres a sorry excuse for why we did it so now go to the store and give us more money

    Its a terrible change and needs to be changed to something like the FI system as it is repeatedly suggested above.

    But similar to alot of stuff in this game, I bet SSG will find the one comment in support of it and hang on to that and ignore the overwhelming majority of replies that say its a bad idea and not to do it.
    Lvl 115 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 115 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 115 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 115 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 115 Mini - Nathorean
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    55ms ping
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
    Cordovan, I know y'all are getting a lot of flak for this, so I just wanted to chime in that I am pleased with this change. For those of us with limited time, that can ONLY run once a day if that, it will be nice to know we'll be making progress every time, and no chance of getting nothing but silver. Thank you for helping us casual players gear up.

    I also want to point out to others that, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding things, they are locking the CHESTS, not the INSTANCES. That means, for those of you saying they're taking the fun out of it because you like running it -- you can still run it, no fun lost!

    One thought, though, that might offer a bit of a compromise -- perhaps a small chest with a chance of dropping some scrolls or crystals that is always available would make people feel like they're getting a little bit for their time still. Or let the mobs drop loot or something. Some kind of small reward might help alleviate some of the complaints for those that are frustrated with this idea.
    Agreed, daily locks makes sense for those with only 1-2 hours per day to log in. It also will greatly help people with alts get them geared if the rewards are fair.

    Keep this model going forward.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    Agreed, daily locks makes sense for those with only 1-2 hours per day to log in. It also will greatly help people with alts get them geared if the rewards are fair.

    Keep this model going forward.
    If they don't have locks is that going to somehow infringe on your 1-2 hours a day of play time? I bet it isn't. However, keeping locks is certainly going to infringe on people who have more time to spend doing the content. This attitude boils down to "If I can't have it, neither can you." Someone spending 15 hours a day farming instances and landscape mobs is not going to reduce the chances of anyone else getting stuff. It's not like there is a finite amount of items in the game. It's not like the mobs scale up in damage because one guy/girl managed to gear out in an afternoon and now everything is harder for people who couldn't. Why do people feel they have the right to judge how other people spend their time? "I can't farm this 15 hours a day and I don't think anyone should be allowed to." If the only reason for some people to log in at the moment is to run those instances then I bet they stop hanging around. Good luck finding anyone to run them with if your schedule doesn't jive with theirs.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    Agreed, daily locks makes sense for those with only 1-2 hours per day to log in. It also will greatly help people with alts get them geared if the rewards are fair.

    Keep this model going forward.
    How does this help alts to get gear? This slows down significantly the way one can gear an alt.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload