We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    I makes absolutely no sense to put locks on these runs if you want players running your content. You sold it, presumably for people to play it? If you must insist on limiting gear, then use the FI tech as already suggested, or put a daily lock on the challenge only, and leave the rest intact. All this change will result in is empty instances and frustrated players.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

The reason we are adding locks to the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost instance chests is so that we can have guaranteed loot drops as part of a wider plan to decrease the overall difficulty of the instances and significantly increase their loot output. After 21.3 is released, players will be guaranteed a piece of dis-enchantable gear per character per run, on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 difficulties, running at level 115, and are actually more likely to get at least 2 pieces of gear. Loot drop rates have also been increased for runs below level 115.
    If you can give some details it would be nice, because Cos is allready a joke , i don't consider myself an endgame player but i often run it with 2 dps as a captain in 20 or 25 min per t2c since you don't event need a tank or a healer to do it as is it now, for naerband i can understand the need of a reduced difficulty but maybe later when the instance can be properly run so people can try it without needing a GM which is actually not the case.

As for locks Instead of giving a piece of gear everytime just put back the pelennor system, a teal piece(purple in t1) in challenge box bound to class that you can trade at the barter for another class so you can decide in your kin which character you give the stuff and allow everyone to get at least something this would be alt friendly and healp kin to get more characters available to raid which would be nice on my server cause of the blue hunter invasion you made.

Ok let me ask those very smart people and devs who support and implement this amazing idea one question.

What am I left to do in 40$ expansion I paid and in this game overall after I finish 1 seregost run(30min playtime)?

When you answer that question we can talk about puting braindead locks on 3/6 man instance instead just adding daily quest that awards guaranteed box with gear because hey it would be problem if people could earn extra 100ash per day as well as it is problem how "easy" we can farm scrolls and crystals now as well as keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Ok let me ask those very smart people and devs who support and implement this amazing idea one question.

What am I left to do in 40$ expansion I paid and in this game overall after I finish 1 seregost run(30min playtime)?

When you answer that question we can talk about puting braindead locks on 3/6 man instance instead just adding daily quest that awards guaranteed box with gear because hey it would be problem if people could earn extra 100ash per day as well as it is problem how "easy" we can farm scrolls and crystals now as well as keys.
    Which becomes even more arbitrary when they're implementing a cap

You can do all that without changing the existing boxes to daily locks.

Add an additional daily box for level 115 and (105-114) that gives loot as you describe at end of instance.

Remove the armour from the current chests and leave them with chance to loot all the remaining stuff as is.

If your idea is to truely reward people a guaranteed piece of disenchantable gear then this system works. Just dont stop people running instances to make this happen. People need an incentive to run stuff.

Edit: Whilst you are at it, update the current FI system to give a 'Purple/Teal box of Mordor Spoils'
    and include a use for Long Lost coins at 115.

I am going to open a donut shop tomorrow I think, my primary business model will be selling donuts of course, to facilitate this, I am going to limit each customer to only one standard-price donut per day in the hopes that they buy my triple-price donuts instead.

I look forward to a long and prosperous career in business management.

Jokes aside, SSG, you do understand how a business works, right? If people are online, they're "in your shop" and thus BUYING THINGS. If they're not online, they are NOT thinking about LOTRO nor thinking about BUYING THINGS, currently it appears as though your business model is so out of whack that you expect people to buy keys to get Ashes to buy gear, with which they can do: nothing..?
    #15skills

@Cordovan

Will these locks be resettable via MC like the FI?

I certainly hope this isn't the plan.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    @Cordovan

Will these locks be resettable via MC like the FI?

I certainly hope this isn't the plan.

Well, what an obvious idea.

Seems like every recent patch in memory is some further attempt to drive us to the store and in turn alienate us. Bottom line, I'm VIP (not re-subscribing) and I'm tired of pouring my money into this game so I can end game raid. The only alternative to getting gear, like Ash farms (while they lasted) and repeatedly running content for drops (until they nerf Seregost) were the only other options to the Lootbox Lottery System™ that they have devised.

This is so ridiculous, and quite a sad end to a game I've otherwise enjoyed for years.
    Last edited by AikiW0lf; Nov 22 2017 at 08:54 AM.

I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There are other, honest ways, to implement this by way of daily chest/FI style rewards as many other respondents have already pointed out.

I have been running CoS for Scrolls of Empowerment (SoE) and the odd Crystal's (Star-lit & Remembrances). When these changes go ahead (no point arguing, they are locked in) it will mean that..... (grabs back of envelope for quick calculations).... For my next toon (Captain), who has 4 Imbued LIs with 7 legacies each. Each Legacy has 31 unlockable levels, I will need a total of 217 SoE's per LI (grand total of 868), and 24 Star-Lit Crystals per LI (grand total of 96). One method of getting the SoEs is the MT Dailies (all 3 will net you on avg. 6.5 SoE's?). These are already gated behind a daily reward system which equates to 134 days (4.45 months if I run them EVERYDAY). This will need to be supplemented by Big Battles as I need the merits to purchase the Crystals.... Again, Daily loot.... All this for JUST ONE TOON.

WOW, I don't want to even think about the ash and gear needed with de-constructible loot drops, Black Key updates etc....

How soul sapping. Kills any enjoyment or time for any other content.

Time to check out a new GAME.

It has been confirmed by Cordovan on stream that locks on 3/6 man will stay,Raid will have reset 3 times per week for t1 and usual weekly for t2,it has also been confirmed unbound black steel keys we were able to earn was a bug and from now on we will only be able to earn bound black steel keys,store bought ones will be unchanged.Enjoy the game everyone : D

With these changes being confirmed to stay by Codrovan today on stream I would sugest mods to remove/close all threads on this topic to at least stop people from wasting time by giving feedback that is completly ignored.

It has been confirmed by Cordovan on stream that locks on 3/6 man will stay,Raid will have reset 3 times per week for t1 and usual weekly for t2,it has also been confirmed unbound black steel keys we were able to earn was a bug and from now on we will only be able to earn bound black steel keys,store bought ones will be unchanged.Enjoy the game everyone : D

With these changes being confirmed to stay by Codrovan today on stream I would sugest mods to remove/close all threads on this topic to at least stop people from wasting time by giving feedback that is completly ignored.
    WOW doesn't look so bad at this point

If SSG were to remove/close threads on feedback thats ignored Forums would be a small place of about 2 or 3 Threads.
    ATM unless its hurting the cash flow all feedbacks ignored IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by witchys View Post
    If SSG were to remove/close threads on feedback thats ignored Forums would be a small place of about 2 or 3 Threads.
    ATM unless its hurting the cash flow all feedbacks ignored IMO.
    Only difference they confirmed these changes are going trough,they might still listen to players in other threads : DDDD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3