We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Which raises the question: how will you get the ash for that? With ash gear drops removed from landscape mobs, am I correct in thinking instances and lootboxes are the only way? That would mean doing Mordor with wastes gear until you reach the instances. Personally I don't enjoy instances that much. It'll probably mean i'll lose my remaining interest in the game. Unwise.
    Probably trash mobs that dropped LoE gear in some instances will go too. I think those trash mobs fall under the same category code-wise as landscape mobs. When they change landscape mobs code to not drop LoE gear those will probably automatically follow that code too. I'm sure it will be called a "mistake" too and never should have dropped LoE/Ash gear if anyone asks afterwards. That is my guess anyway. In those instances that they might have their own code for trash mobs, trashmobs already don't even drop anything. So yes probably the only way will be through the chests in the Mordor instances (that will have 1-day locks on their chests), dailes (that now bind the keys to your character) and of course Keys from the store to open more lootboxes. That's the whole purpose with these changes. They didn't sell enough keys, so now they do all this to force us to buy more keys.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Nov 19 2017 at 07:11 AM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Which raises the question: how will you get the ash for that? With ash gear drops removed from landscape mobs, am I correct in thinking instances and lootboxes are the only way? That would mean doing Mordor with wastes gear until you reach the instances. Personally I don't enjoy instances that much. It'll probably mean i'll lose my remaining interest in the game. Unwise.
    My first toon through Mordor was a Champ - head to toe gold Waste/ToDT gear and top tier essences. He's a soloist, always has been - and never a problem before. Udun was do-able. Most of Dor Armath was OK, though there were some quests I couldn't complete. Lhingris was a horror show, death after death after death. I didn't ash farm, so I didn't have enough ash to buy 112 gear. Into Talath Urui, and it was unplayable.

I had to leave Mordor and BB and Instance my way up to 115, at which point I could craft LOE gear. Suddenly, I could play again.

New players into Mordor will likely leave the game in droves if this is put into place. I'll also add that I've been a VIP, and have been paying for three of my kids' VIP, for 5+ years. In the last couple of weeks, based on this P2W move by SSG, I've been looking for another game for us to play, because I'm not going to drop tons of money on LP to get keys to hope for ash/gear. I have lots of alts - because I love this game. No way I'm going to get into the real money gambling habit for it though...

You need to reduce prices of new item barter prices about 50% and lock them behind the raid deed. Purple behind T1 and teal behind T2. After this reduce older 10, 12, 14 ash gear prices 20%, because they aren't that relevant to the end game.

First option to farm ash, the raid:

Purple raid item drops 160 ash, teal 320 ash (not sure why you would ash those).

Prices of new 16 light purple gear are at the moment:
    700 ash per armor
    550 ash per jewellery

Prices of new 18 light teal gear are at the moment:
    2100 ash per armor
    1650 ash per armor

Vendor has for both quality items versions of: helmet, shoulders, gloves, boots, cloak. Neck, rings, bracelets, earrings, pocket. Missing chest and leggings.

To get these items, if you don't get lucked out:

- One purple armor: 5 purple raid pieces
    - One purple jewellery: 4 purple raid pieces

- One teal armor: 14 purple raid pieces
    - One teal jewellery: 11 purple raid pieces

What's there for loot to be gained from the raid? Usually 0-1 purples from t1 chest. So with this math we can clearly see that getting one teal armor is going to take you weeks by doing t1, or similar getting one purple armor is going to take you weeks if you do t1 raid, if you don't happen to get lucked out with horrible RNG loot system that they keep shoving down our throats, even thought massive negativity this loot system already caused. There are 3 chests in T1 raid and 6 in T2CM raid. So I doubt T1 raider will get even 500 ash per run. Most likely lower amount.

Second option to farm ash, the instances:
    Instances drop different amount of ash depending on the tier. T2 seems to drop on average about 100, T1 about 20-40. Lets assume this patch ups drops to 200 and 100 ash per run T2/T1 (I'm being here extremely forgiving). So one would get 600 ash per day if using good 2h+ per day doing instances on both tier set up.

This would still mean 4 days to get one piece of new teal armor. 4 days. That's insane, considering amount of time it takes to finish 4 instances.

Third option to farm ash, dailies:

I don't think one bit this is actually reasonable way to earn ash currency. It shouldn't be way to get 16/18 gear but I'm sure you can. Of course some pieces drop from lootboxes that have that light but assumption is the drop rate is really low and if we assume lootbox on average drops 100 ash (again I'm being EXTREMELY GENEROUS HERE) we can clearly see it's impossible to get these pieces bartered in timely manner.

100 ash per day - 2100 per armor - 21 days per armor piece.

That said, sure I believe we can get T2 armors and jewellery ok by running content, loot system is pure horse #### and feedback is already given there, but SSG is currently limiting our options to run instances as we like and at same time introducing absurdly priced items that we aren't even able to get as full set in timely manner.

SSG how to help the grind is to reduce prices of these items by 50%, lower prices of older items by 20%, and lastly lock these behind the completion deeds so people are actually required to do the content to unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    SSG how to help the grind is to reduce prices of these items by 50%, lower prices of older items by 20%, and lastly lock these behind the completion deeds so people are actually required to do the content to unlock them.
    That would chase away the players that don't like to raid. Maybe that is your purpose, but it isn't mine, and I don't see how that is in anyway sane businesswise.

Locks on instances almost nobody runs LOL

All I'm reading from the new patch notes is grind, more grind and (GO TO THE STORE). One on the current live version that is already not reasonable -unless you pay or play lotro 24h/24- especially for a non-mainstream mmorpg.

And yet again SSG shows us how much they care about our feedback.

Don't be surprised if people leave the game, put-off by PTW nonsense which results in an insane amount of grind.

That would chase away the players that don't like to raid. Maybe that is your purpose, but it isn't mine, and I don't see how that is in anyway sane businesswise.
    What? So you think having current prices and 20 days per piece is better option?

Quote Originally Posted by Aymerik View Post
    Locks on instances almost nobody runs LOL

All I'm reading from the new patch notes is grind, more grind and (GO TO THE STORE). One on the current live version that is already not reasonable -unless you pay or play lotro 24h/24- especially for a non-mainstream mmorpg.

And yet again SSG shows us how much they care about our feedback.

Don't be surprised if people leave the game, put-off by PTW nonsense which results in an insane amount of grind.
    As I wrote, not even lootboxes are viable way to get the new gear. I doubt drop rate is even 10% on teal items and you need good 20+ boxes to get amount of ash to get one new piece of teal gear, which is good 3600 turbine points, the store way.

What? So you think having current prices and 20 days per piece is better option?
    No, I don't. But at least landscape drops give players a way to gear up a little on their way to the instances and dailies.

No, I don't. But at least landscape drops give players a way to gear up a little on their way to the instances and dailies.
    What I suggested would push full 10-14 gear easier to get by 20%. Lock new raid update gear behind T1 and T2 deed and allow players way faster, with way less grind to participate content. If one not into raiding this only benefits them with reduced prices on 10-14 light gear. This would also mean one can't purchase full new light gear before cleared the content, which means way less p2w/pre grind benefit in completion of the raid the first time.

What I suggested would push full 10-14 gear easier to get by 20%. Lock new raid update gear behind T1 and T2 deed and allow players way faster, with way less grind to participate content. If one not into raiding this only benefits them with reduced prices on 10-14 light gear. This would also mean one can't purchase full new light gear before cleared the content, which means way less p2w/pre grind benefit in completion of the raid the first time.
    Yes, great solution if you intend to get rid of the non-raiders. Kudos.

# Lock new raid update gear behind T1 and T2 deed.
    The level 345 stuff, with set bonuses, is going to be locked behind the T2 deed.

The other stuff, 18 loE incomparable, is likely to be REQUIRED to enter the raid. (If they start at base 250 LoE, 2nd boss has a 3 stacking debuff of -10LoE = 280 LoE (The level you get with the 18 LoE stuff)
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Do you want fries with that?

I thought there would be some hope for this game when SSG took over but apparently not. Because it's so much easier to keep everyone buying keys for lootboxes as much as possible with no guarantee they're going to receive what they want or are paying for. Than to actually put more time and effort into making this a game that many people will actually want to play and put time, effort and money into with a subscription. I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't buy the Mordor Expansion at this point. Don't be surprised if people leave the game again.

SSG DOES NOT CARE ABOUT OUR FEEDBACK.
    You'd be better off taking all the money you will be spending and all the time you will be spending grinding to a game that requires a subscription to play. Or heck even buy a few console games to keep you busy. This is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    The level 345 stuff, with set bonuses, is going to be locked behind the T2 deed.

The other stuff, 18 loE incomparable, is likely to be REQUIRED to enter the raid. (If they start at base 250 LoE, 2nd boss has a 3 stacking debuff of -10LoE = 280 LoE (The level you get with the 18 LoE stuff)
    I know.

I doubt it. I don't see Pinion rising shadow more than what's present currently.

Cool

Does anyone even care anymore about any of this or to keep playing LoTRO, except the possibly 20-30 or so raiders that will be left on each server together with the few extreme RP'ers that are content to just ride around and look at middle-earth and play music by the fountain in Bree ??? Once the raiders have beaten the raid, put their videos up on YouTube how they beat it, they will start complaining there is nothing to do and move on too. Then all that is left are the most extreme RP'ers that don't care as they mostly only dress up and ride around looking at the scenery anyway, so none of thios affects them.

No I'm not trying to riducule any of the groups as I respect everyones way to enjoy themselves. What I'm saying that with all these changes those are the only two extreme groups that SSG seem to cater to now. The majority belongs to neither of those extreme sides of the spectrum and are the ones that will suffer the most and not have fun anymore, possibly leave. The ones that log in, do an occasional instance. Myabe take one day to farm an isntance over and over when they have time but can not log in every day to show up for some daily reset. The ones that play alts to get some more keys for their main as they dont have time to join raids that takes a whole evening. The ones that would like to join a raid now and then but wont ater this as they can never get good enough gear with almost no ash available uneless the buy keys in store.

As I said it's already started for myself. I'm having a harder and harder time to get my son to join me and play. My step-son not seen in-game for over a week. Friends not showing up online anymore. All after they seen the updates coming. I'm logging on less and less and almost force myself as I have little to look forward to once this goes live. With no reachable goals after this update there is no point to even work/grind.

I don't even have a reason anymore to buy expansions to my 2nd account or sub for is. Since keys will be character bound anyway. Even if account bound there would still be no point in having more than 1 account either. I'm happy i put buying Mordor on hold on that account last week as I started to see these changes. Unfortionetly I bought some LP befor all this on that account and bought a steed as well. Still have LP on it but see no reason to use that on anything now.

The good part I guess is that more money to save as no need to pay for multiple accounts anymore. Not sure if that was SSGs intent though as that might lose them money rather than earn them more.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

I know.

I doubt it. I don't see Pinion rising shadow more than what's present currently.
    Why would the raid be 200 Shadow, when available gear for barter will be 280 Light. CoS was 150 Shadow on BR, 200 on release.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Why would the raid be 200 Shadow, when available gear for barter will be 280 Light. CoS was 150 Shadow on BR, 200 on release.
    This is one of the most confusing "Progression Paths" towards the required gear for the Raid I have seen.

• Is it just 200 light for T1?
    • Will T2 need more than 250 light?
      • How can we obtain that gear?

• With the lock chests to Raid and Instances how will this progression work?
      • Is it true that to gain one piece we need over 20 days?

I am not sure at this moment....

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.
    Bad idea, please check this other alternative: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lk-about-Grind

Stable door, horse - already bolted. Not a solution. It only hinders people that didn't farm.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    This is one of the most confusing "Progression Paths" towards the required gear for the Raid I have seen.

• Is it just 200 light for T1?
    • Will T2 need more than 250 light?
      • How can we obtain that gear?

• With the lock chests to Raid and Instances how will this progression work?
      • Is it true that to gain one piece we need over 20 days?

I am not sure at this moment....
    Yes with current prices, and lowest based rng, it will take 20+ days per piece.

Answer to question one, how to get the light - lootboxes have a small chance to give LoE essences.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly375 View Post
    My first toon through Mordor was a Champ - head to toe gold Waste/ToDT gear and top tier essences. He's a soloist, always has been - and never a problem before. Udun was do-able. Most of Dor Armath was OK, though there were some quests I couldn't complete. Lhingris was a horror show, death after death after death. I didn't ash farm, so I didn't have enough ash to buy 112 gear. Into Talath Urui, and it was unplayable.

I had to leave Mordor and BB and Instance my way up to 115, at which point I could craft LOE gear. Suddenly, I could play again.

New players into Mordor will likely leave the game in droves if this is put into place. I'll also add that I've been a VIP, and have been paying for three of my kids' VIP, for 5+ years. In the last couple of weeks, based on this P2W move by SSG, I've been looking for another game for us to play, because I'm not going to drop tons of money on LP to get keys to hope for ash/gear. I have lots of alts - because I love this game. No way I'm going to get into the real money gambling habit for it though...
    Were you still using your old raid gear in Lhingris or something? You should have switched to quest reward gear by that point. It is far better than old 105 gear for questing in Mordor.

The other stuff, 18 loE incomparable, is likely to be REQUIRED to enter the raid.
    I'm a little confused myself, but aren't the 337 Incomparable items with 18 LoE ALSO going to be locked behind the T2 deed?

Because Tybur wrote in the Patch notes:

the High-enchanter still offers items that will be moved to the Masters of Mordor Lore and locked behind the tier 2 raid completion deed.
    @Tybur could you please clarify:
    - Is it truly only the T2 deed without challenge mode that will be required for bartering raid loot for ash?
    - Are the 337 incomparable items (currently available at the High-Enchanter for 1650/2100 ash) going to be locked behind a deed or will they be available for ash without restrictions?
    - What will be the ash prices for the 345 incomparable T2 items ?
    - Will there be deed restrictions for the 345 incomparable T10 essence recipes?
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    I'm a little confused myself, but aren't the 337 Incomparable items with 18 LoE ALSO going to be locked behind the T2 deed?
    They can drop from lootboxes, so I can't imagine a deed lock. Pretty much run the raid once on t2 and get the full set with ash.
    This whole endgame is designed around opening lootboxes. Pathetic.
    2-3 months later there will be ilvl 345 gear at ash barter, mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by Geventh View Post
    They can drop from lootboxes, so I can't imagine a deed lock. Pretty much run the raid once on t2 and get the full set with ash.
    This whole endgame is designed around opening lootboxes. Pathetic.
    2-3 months later there will be ilvl 345 gear at ash barter, mark my words...

At the current gear progression level 2-3 months time it will be 350 gear in lootboxs .

Quote Originally Posted by witchys View Post
    At the current gear progression level 2-3 months time it will be 350 gear in lootboxs .
    And then at the same time for having 500 ash + X amount of new zone currency you get to upgrade raid gear to ilvl 360 like Wastes/Ithillien while retaining set bonuses.

Meanwhile more casual players will have to grind new currency X or random drops from a new set of content (either dailies, crafting dungeons or scavenging) and be required to luck out on ilvl 342 pieces or grind out 2050 ash per piece.

This will all be done to the tune of "We didn't start the Fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes with current prices, and lowest based rng, it will take 20+ days per piece.

Answer to question one, how to get the light - lootboxes have a small chance to give LoE essences.
    Gotta love when people use others work and calculations that they used to explain just few posts ago to do statements.

Are you for real?

Is this some kind of bad April fools joke? Are you for real with these changes?

Not only have you not listened to the majority but you also make changes to even make it worse than what most wants.

Focus for this Beta:
    Please join us this weekend and provide feedback on The Abyss of Mordath Raid.
    Tbh I'm beyond caring about the new raid now with some of the other upcoming changes posted here.

• The featured instance rotation has been updated to feature a new selection of instances. 'The Dome of Stars' replaces 'Lost Temple', 'Great Barrow - The Maze' replaces 'Sammath Gul', 'Fornost Wraith of Fire' replaces 'Dungeons of Dol Guldur', 'Sunken Labyrinth' replaces 'Halls of Night', 'The Ruined City' replaces 'StoneHeight', and 'The Battle for Erebor' replaces 'Barad Guldur'.
    Who cares anymore if you change FI rotations? With outdated loot it's a waste of focus and resources.

• Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.
    Are you for real? Who ever requested this change? No one. Are you just trying g to alienate all of the playerbase? Is this a decoy to make us forget att other bad changes you try to make? So you can revert this one change and have the appearance of listening while still implement all the other bad changes?

• The Gorgorth Daily Expedition quests now award 2 Slivers of Black Steel each so that you can earn Black Steel Keys equally from any daily expedition.
    So basically with this change all keys that can be earned through game play will be character bound. Again, did any of the playerbase request this change? I think not. In one sweap you make it pointless to sub for more than one acct. No pointvtrying to help friends by getting keys to give to them. Almost no point even playing alts to help your own main. All to try direct us to the store for keys. Won't work. All it has done for me is cancelling all subs now but one. Might cancel my last sub too. I'm considering to stop playing at all after reading all if this.

At least now we know why the rewards didn't work last week on bull as this was the plan. Not even a "bug" as some dev claimed but a result of new codes not finished or just flawed in that build. The whole "bug" response feels like a marketing spin of what it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    Today's Daily Expedition (Agarnaith and Dor Amarth) does not reward with a Black Steel Key (as it does on live) or a Sliver of Black Steel.

Is there someplace besides the store where Black Steel Keys will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post
    Yes, this is in fact a bug. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
    • Ash of Gorgoroth has currency cap of 10,000.
    • Gorgoroth Steel-bound lootboxes now carry new housing items, including statues of Sauron, watcher statues, and a way to play "The floor is lava".
    • Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment. Mobs in the resource instances will continue to drop incomparable equipment.
    So again basically just ignoring what a vast majority of the playerbase complained about in thread after thread in the other sections of the forums. You keep ficusing on these damn lootbixes and even dilute them more so make the gambling chance even less to get what someone might hope to get with the few keys we can get from actual game play. Again just try and direct us to buy more keys in the store.

The whole "we listen to your feedback" seems kinda hollow at this point.

Is there even any point in coming with feedback any more when you so blatantly seem to ignore the majority of the playerbase?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast