We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Never felt the need to post here in Bullroarer forums before but the daily locks and key sliver changes are just insane.

I won't be paying any more VIP if you do this.

"Hello foot, meet shotgun. Blam."

Quote Originally Posted by pikeperch View Post
    Please don't tell me that the loot from the raid will be personal loot, that's the worst idea ever. Everyone in the raid group should be able to get gear at an equal rate, not just purely based on their personal luck. Throne loot was the perfect system.
    Welcome to bullroarer. Personal loot was round on the last build and this build. They tweaked it, but expect it to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by B749 View Post
    And instance chests should NOT have locks. Period. No matter how high/low their droprates are. They are supposed to be our gearing path towards getting the required Light for the raid, and they simply are not if we are restricted to only getting rewards from them once per day
    Did you miss the memo, all loot from Seregost/Naerband will be TRASH, once the true LoE requirement for the raid is in place (when the instance goes live).

The gearing path to the raid, is your local Ash barterer, when the update drops, for new incomparable 18 LoE gear.
    Pavlosh - Pavamir - Pavlol - Pavagast | Raging Raiders | Arkenstone
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    ...So they probably just laugh at us posting on forum...
    Yeah it definetly seems like. Adopting the EA tactics with empty pretty talk but doing the opposite than what most of the players want. Even sneaking in changes like the allegiance keys becoming character boiund wrapped in alot of fancy explanations to hope we miss that.

Well this isn't a huge new game with a huge playerbase interest, so I doubt they can keep this up in the long run. If this leads to a massive (well massive as far as % of the ones still playing) exodus like Radiance did and all that will remain is a few fans that just rides around in middle-earth as it's middle-earth or plays music by the fountains in Bree and then the 20-30 raiders on each server, well they they have shot themselves in the foot. Maybe for the last time.

I think the largest group of players fits in neither of those categories and all these changes affects that larger group of players negatively and they might leave. At least a big portion of them or just log in occasionally from now on.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

There are other MMO some better both pvp and pve wise so if they don't change their path I see a near future with this game completely empty, I myself will most probably cancel my subscription and wait to see if this game gets rid of gambling mechanics and p2w methods. If they're really that short on money just make VIP mandatory for end game. People spent a minimum of 35€ for HD and a minimum of 35€ for mordor, iirc ROI legendary edition was 45€ and included some TPs, cosmetics, all previous quest packs including mirkwood and moria quests and instances.
    If they increase so much the price of expansions, and still they don't get enough income maybe it's because of your inability to make a good content that will bring people into it. If you really expect players to spend real money on gambling p2w you don't know your playerbase at all, those who are willing to do it are already paying and those who are not paying atm will just leave the game.
    Edit: Ideal MMO gaming session acording to SSG:

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    1. Removing ash from mobs + limiting instances to once a day = only way to gain ashes without going through slow and painful grind will be lootbox spam;
    2. Making keys from dailies bound = all tradable keys will be from the store;
    3. Taking out raid token + making the loot personal with bad rng = if you want gears without being frustrated by the system then better barter with 2k ashes per piece;

Sorry to be blunt, but the whole release note screams "BUY OUR STORE KEYS!!!"

And I am willing to put some type of money on this happening
    • All keys purchased from the store will now go into your barter wallet and can no longer be sold or traded with other players
    • There will be a new trade able black key added to the store for 395 per key

Im betting the farm on this happening SOONER than Later
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

I looted the raid chests on a 3rd char and i decided to post the results this time so people know what to expect..
    There are 5 raid chests present atm , 3 for the first boss and 2 for the second.

1st boss

T1
    You have acquired: [Anfalas Star-lit Crystal].
    You have acquired: [Tough Greaves of the Wyrm]. ~ Purple 337 leggings.

T2
    You have acquired: [Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance].
    You have acquired: [Hardened Helm of the Abyss]. ~ Purple 338 helmet.

T2C
    You have acquired: [Anfalas Scroll of Empowerment].
    You have acquired: [Elegant Heritage Rune of Knowledge].
    You have acquired: [Abyssal Leggings Coffer]. ~ From this you can choose any of the 3 raid leggings for your class ( 345 ).

2nd boss

T1
    You have acquired: [Moonstone Gold Stud of the Wyrm]. ~ Purple 337 earring.

T2
    You have acquired: [Opal Gold Stud of the Wyrm]. ~ Teal 337 earring.

This was actually the best loot i got so far , but as you can see it is still pretty underwhelming.

All the loot can be traded with raid members for 1 hour , which is great.
    Even so , loot is pretty bad compared to Throne and the RNG seems depressing.
    I am hoping to see some changes... Anyone who's doing the raid on a weekly basis should be able to get geared without having to visit the atrocious High Enchanter.

Also , purple gear is disenchanted for 160 ash and teal for 320 ash.
    I believe this applies outside the raid as well.
    So yeah , they ruined gear acquisition on landscape but they at least boosted disenchant from crafting instances/3man/6man and raid.
    Good luck stacking ash with this system without opening lootboxes.

Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them.

Hahahahaha Mordor expansion has been the biggest cash-grab I've ever seen in any game in the last 10 years.

What is the point in even getting geared when all you can do when you log on once per day is run the only instance not currently bugged into oblivion? Better get all that BiS ash gear (from Lootboxes of course, otherwise it'll take literally months) to run daily quests.
    #15skills

#gasps# ........is this actual freeps beginning to realise that the store is king and that your all being taken for mugs?.....well i never, perhaps you guys should played played creeps for the last 2 yrs....you dexters need a wake up call...and yeah i'm using capslock to annoy the grammar nazi's...all my posts will be from now on ...your welcome
    8)

HAHA..I EVEN FORGOT TO USE CAPS

WHEN I'M LAUGHING MANIACALLY WITH ETHRILDAR ABOUT THE ABSURDITY OF THE SAME SUBJECT, BE WORRIED GUYS, WERE 2 ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM, HE FREEP, ME CREEP, BUT WE BOTH AGREE THAT THE PRODUCT IS APPALLINGLY BAD AT THE MOMENT AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IMPROVING WITH U21.3...PROVE ME WRONG AND I'LL GLADLY EAT MY WORDS

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I looted the raid chests on a 3rd char and i decided to post the results this time so people know what to expect..
    There are 5 raid chests present atm , 3 for the first boss and 2 for the second.

1st boss

T1
    You have acquired: [Anfalas Star-lit Crystal].
    You have acquired: [Tough Greaves of the Wyrm]. ~ Purple 337 leggings.

T2
    You have acquired: [Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance].
    You have acquired: [Hardened Helm of the Abyss]. ~ Purple 338 helmet.

T2C
    You have acquired: [Elegant Heritage Rune of Knowledge].
    You have acquired: [Abyssal Leggings Coffer]. ~ From this you can choose any of the 3 raid leggings for your class ( 345 ).

2nd boss

T1
    You have acquired: [Moonstone Gold Stud of the Wyrm]. ~ Purple 337 earring.

T2
    You have acquired: [Opal Gold Stud of the Wyrm]. ~ Teal 337 earring.

This was actually the best loot i got so far , but as you can see it is still pretty underwhelming.

All the loot can be traded with raid members for 1 hour , which is great.
    Even so , loot is pretty bad compared to Throne and the RNG seems depressing.
    I am hoping to see some changes... Anyone who's doing the raid on a weekly basis should be able to get geared without having to visit the atrocious High Enchanter.

Also , purple gear is disenchanted for 160 ash and teal for 320 ash.
    I believe this applies outside the raid as well.
    So yeah , they ruined gear acquisition on landscape but they at least boosted disenchant from crafting instances/3man/6man and raid.
    Good luck stacking ash with this system without opening lootboxes.
    If the loot is personal, it doesnt seem that bad to me. What do you expect? 1 granted t2 item x chest? :P

BUT ofc if that drop is shared with 12 ppl, then is bad.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Nop , it's currently all personal loot. So far i've got 1 raid armour piece on 3 chars looting all chests.
    However , only 1 challenge chest is present now so maybe thats why...
    And well , comparing to throne , loot is pretty bad.

If the loot is personal, it doesnt seem that bad to me. What do you expect? 1 granted t2 item x chest? :P

I rather take one specific armor token per boss (2 in total per boss) on classic loot over personal loot.

Remove the ash cap its ridiculous and remove the 1 day lock in Naerband and Seregost instances.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    I rather take one specific armor token per boss (2 in total per boss) on classic loot over personal loot.
    Ofc, but throne used to drop from 1 to 3 (average) t2 pieces x boss so i think the drop rate isnt that different. But yeah, personally i prefer lootmaster system aswell

Never do it ssg!!! Please!!!

For the love of all that's good in middle earth don't put locks on a 3 man and 6 man.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    But in Thursdays stream Cord said they are reading the feedback and taking into consideration
    \
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

They took our feedback, flicked us the bird and made it worse.....
    Yeah I know.

The end result of all this for me personally has been.

I have gone from fully enjoying and defending this game. Even out in other forums. H*ll even on some peoples YouTube videos where they ridiculed LoTRO, to in these last 2 weeks log in less and less. My son not logging in much either. My step-son I have not seen in LoTRO since last weeks Updatre Notes. He lives by himself so we meet online to play at time and last we talked he was upset with the changes. I see friends not logging on and not been on for days in my friendslist.

Today my son purely played other games. He is already angry with lootboxes in other games. Like he logged on to play alot during Halloween in Overwatch. He didn't get one Halloween skin drop in any lootbox he earned in-game. He is quickly finding out what one of gambling lootboxes negative side is and hates it already. No we don't buy lootboxes or keys in any game anymore. Stopped that years ago.

I was in the process of buying Mordor for my 2nd account. No not my sons or step-sons but a 2nd account of my own. I was even going to sub on it. Partly to be able to do the allegiance dailies and send over keys to my main. But also because I enjoy the game and that I was planning on starting to make videos and it would look nice with my sons and my step-sons characters, my own plus that 2nd account to make some nice videos of a group of 4 out adventuring in middle-earth and edit together just for fun. I was even looking into buying either a 4K or a 1440p Predator 27" monitor, a GTT 1080, mostly due to wanting to play LoTRO in higher resolution and Ultra Settings for those videos. I have put all that on hold.

I even put that on hold after last weeks notes, as already those were bad with the removing of ash on landsacpe mobs. Now I see that it would all have been for nothing anyway as keys will be bound to character anyway. Unfortionetly I did buy som LP and The MT looking horse with armor and black carapace for that account before this mess and the patch notes. Still have some LP left on that acount but won't use them. I won't be spending any more real money on this game anytime soon if this is the way they are going. I still sit with around 10K LP on my own account, my son have like 12K LP. I bought those to be able to use if some nice new cosmetics popped up in-store or some sale came up. Now I won't anymore after todays notes.

So from a content LoTRO player that used to praise LoTRO for it's beauty to now play less and less and post all this negativity and feel like c r a p as a result of these last couple of weeks patch notes and changes that are coming.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

SSG I have an idea to make the game more P2W than it is.
    When you make the locks for instances, put in store an instance pack to increase the number of entries.
    P2W FOR EVER!!!
    Robiros Mini R13
    Mpempis Defi R12

Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.
    You are kidding, right?!
    Just in case you are not... do you guys really think people are stupid and don't notice what you are doing? Try and make people buy keys on ANY cost. If you keep going like this, you gonna ruin the game. It has already started. I see friends of mine logging less and less. Kinnies also log in less and less. On TS people say they can't be bothered with all this.
    My boyfriend cancelled his sub today as well.

If you do so, with the locks, then give people other content they can do. Not everyone has countless alts they can go and loot with....
    Some people have one character or maybe 2. Since you also don't do anything to make the game more alt - friendly. Ashes from landscape - mobs you want to remove, ash - cap as well. I can't see people going to enjoy the game in the future. It also put me off. I have the luxury to have a lot of alts but... what happens if there won't be enough people anymore to play with? :P
    Since there is atm only Seregost to run. Not everyone is a raider and has the raid as alternative. Naerband last boss hardly doable atm.
    A good group needs between 2-3 hours.
    A 6man should not take that long. I really ask myself this: do you try the content yourself? Are you actually checking for the feedback you get from people? Does not really seem like it.
    Cordovan said on the stream you guys would take all this into account and read it. I guess people posting here, just waste their time ( so do I, I guess).
    Nice customer- service...
    If I would work like you guys do, i would get fired...

If you can't be bothered anymore because you might think the game is not worth it... and you want to make an end. Then please be my guest, do so... But don't do this and drive people away. Just shut the servers down and be over with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antelino View Post
    SSG I have an idea to make the game more P2W than it is.
    When you make the locks for instances, put in store an instance pack to increase the number of entries.
    P2W FOR EVER!!!
    Nice one, Robiros <3
    Last edited by Andhfara; Nov 19 2017 at 12:06 AM.

Vanyiarel R15 Minstrel ~ Andhfara R13 Captain ~ Runyareth R12 Minstrel ~ Estelrod R10 RK
    Odyssey - Evernight ~~~ Original Challenger of the Abyss

I don't know if you expect more people to buy keys from the store with TP, but it won't work. All you will achieve is to drive people away to stop playing. Including me as of today.

If you want to keep your players maybe read their feedback on these forums, and listen to their suggestions. Please don't bring locks on 3 and 6mans, it's silly, you want people to play the game, then give them something to play! Either fix Naerband and don't bring locks, or bring locks if you must but update the loot to be the same in all other scaleable instances available so we have something to play at least. Otherwise you might see players log in, do a seregost run and log off, if they even bother.
    Why not just give a a key for each daily? I dunno if you think people enjoy doing dailies, but they are boring. At least give us a worthwhile reason to keep doing them. Reducing the key acquisition rate of dailies is not the way.

If you keep going like this you may find many more players stopping to play. My kin has less and less members logging on a regular basis. Your goal to make more people buy keys with TP you won't achieve. What will happen is the players who already buy them will maybe buy some more, but the rmajority of us will be driven away because of lack of worthwhile content or refusal to pay more for the decision you are making. maybe someone needs to tell you but less players = less money.

So instead of this BS maybe focus on giving us worthwhile good content to keep us playing this once wonderful game, maybe then more people will think Mordor is worth the buy or more people will be encouraged to support the game by spending TP on the store when they see their money is well spent.
    Fearendur, Captain R12 -- Original Challenger of the Abyss
    Eleannora, Rune Keeper R10 -- Aemeryllis, Guardian -- Challenger of the Abyss

Odyssey - Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    [*]Other incomparable pieces from the raid (essences, other jewellery) and all rare gear from the raid will be item level 337.
    It seems odd to me that you chose item level 337 essences. I was hoping for 345, or better, essences from the raid.

[*]The featured instance rotation has been updated to feature a new selection of instances. 'The Dome of Stars' replaces 'Lost Temple', 'Great Barrow - The Maze' replaces 'Sammath Gul', 'Fornost Wraith of Fire' replaces 'Dungeons of Dol Guldur', 'Sunken Labyrinth' replaces 'Halls of Night', 'The Ruined City' replaces 'StoneHeight', and 'The Battle for Erebor' replaces 'Barad Guldur'.
    I'm not sure why you keep changing the instances when you don't seem interested in upgrading the FI loot system.

[*]Preview - Malleable Shadow Essences are now unbound and fully tradable.
    I would have preferred an option to trade in item level 345 essences for an essence picker box. This is a good change regardless.

[*]Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by doing this, but there has to be a better way to do it.

[*]The Gorgorth Daily Expedition quests now award 2 Slivers of Black Steel each so that you can earn Black Steel Keys equally from any daily expedition.
    Please make the keys gained from trading in Slivers of Black Steel unbound or at least account bound.

[*]Ash of Gorgoroth has currency cap of 10,000.
    I'm not a fan of currency caps period, but if you insist on a cap I think you should go a bit higher.

[*]Crafting - Fragments of Gorgoroth Dungeons will have the proper plural name when stacked.
    You should apply this to Gorgoroth runes also.

[*]Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment. Mobs in the resource instances will continue to drop incomparable equipment.
    If you're going to remove ash from landscape I think you should give players new ways to gain more ash.

Oh SSG, dont forget. We are still waiting for bind on account armsmaster signet.

You also changed FI rotation and havent upgraded FI boxes loot nor long lost coins rewards.

But yeah, priority is to develop brilliant features like locks on 3-6 man. You always surprise me, really.

Oh SSG, dont forget. We are still waiting for bind on account armsmaster signet.
    Someone already reported that armsmaster signets are bound to account (in the first beta post).

Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    Someone already reported that armsmaster signets are bound to account (in the first beta post).
    Glad to hear it then, nothing in patch note.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    Did you miss the memo, all loot from Seregost/Naerband will be TRASH, once the true LoE requirement for the raid is in place (when the instance goes live).

The gearing path to the raid, is your local Ash barterer, when the update drops, for new incomparable 18 LoE gear.
    Which raises the question: how will you get the ash for that? With ash gear drops removed from landscape mobs, am I correct in thinking instances and lootboxes are the only way? That would mean doing Mordor with wastes gear until you reach the instances. Personally I don't enjoy instances that much. It'll probably mean i'll lose my remaining interest in the game. Unwise.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast