We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The new meta once raid is live :

1)If you want to farm ash , go to the store.Alternative is do 1 CoS/DoN and crafting instances every day and hope you get lucky with teal drops.
    2)If you want to get the loot legit , get a really good raiding kin or go to the store.The fact you can trade items with raid members on your group for 1 hour is amazing , it happens on other games since many years ago.
    However , i thought it was too good to be true for SSG and i believe i am right so far. The drops from the raid chests are personal loot and with very very low chance to drop anything good. I opened all chests on 2 chars and got 0 gear , instead , i got 1 teal earring , ~5 purples and 2 lesser abyssal essence boxes that included empowered essences ^^.
    More feedback on that from other players would be appreciated , since i realise i might have been unlucky.
    3)Currently , no matter how you see it , all players that want gear , whether this is for levelling , instances , raiding , will be pushed to the store.

PS. At least the teal raid drops disenchant for 160 ash.The raid gear is 320 , but i doubt anyone will do that soon : D

Lightbulb

More detailed info on the Lootbox keys and speculation as to if they will be character bound or not with this update:

Arnenna was kind enough to reply this in another thread on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes, the poster means from sliver. Currently, on Live, we do dailies one day and earn an unbound key (for 4 quests and the main hand in) and then one sliver the next day (from four quests and one hand in). The slivers can then be traded for character bound keys at the rate of 3 slivers per key.

The change, if they remove the unbound key from the wrapper quest, means we get the same amount of keys per week, but they will all be character bound. If the main wrapper key is staying, then the result is an extra 3 keys per week, totaling three unbound and three character bound.

Tybur's notes are again unclear and need some clarification as to whether these slivers are in addition to whats currently on live, or if they are replacing what's currently on live.

There are only so many rewards for one character that are desirable, then the keys on that character become useless apart from maybe ash breakdown or unwanted essences. If the change is removing unbound keys from dailies, they should at the very least, make keys bought with slivers account bound...

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

The unbound gold key from dailies is removed as of beta #4. Just slivers now.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    The unbound gold key from dailies is removed as of beta #4. Just slivers now.
    Oh nice then. It seems they pretend to hug us just to stab us in the back. lol.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    New in this build:
    • Abyss of Mordath - The method and quality of loot awarded by the raid has been adjusted.
      • Incomparable set gear will drop from raid chests (in a picker box so you can select the set piece right for your character). This incomparable gear will be item level 345, and will have a chance to receive bonus item levels when it comes out of the box.
      • The Incomparable set gear helms, incomparable pocket items, and incomparable necklaces will be craftable items, and will require a fragment of the abyss crafting component from the raid.
      • An Incomparable item level 345 cloak will drop from raid chests.
      • Incomparable item level 345 Grand Abyssal Runes will drop from raid chests.
      • Other incomparable pieces from the raid (essences, other jewellery) and all rare gear from the raid will be item level 337.
      • Once you have completed the Tier 2 raid deed, you will be able to barter for all of the incomparable raid gear on the Masters of Mordor Lore. This allows you to use Ash of Gorgorth to barter for pieces that just haven't dropped for you in the raid. The bartered gear does not have a chance to receive bonus item levels. Note that npcs in this current build do not yet include this change.
      • Item level 337 incomparable armour (without set bonuses, not including the helm), rings, earrings, bracelets, offhands, and essences will be available in Gorgoroth lootboxes.
      • Rare item level 337 gear of all types will be available in the raid, in Gorgoroth lootboxes, and for barter with no restrictions.

• The featured instance rotation has been updated to feature a new selection of instances. 'The Dome of Stars' replaces 'Lost Temple', 'Great Barrow - The Maze' replaces 'Sammath Gul', 'Fornost Wraith of Fire' replaces 'Dungeons of Dol Guldur', 'Sunken Labyrinth' replaces 'Halls of Night', 'The Ruined City' replaces 'StoneHeight', and 'The Battle for Erebor' replaces 'Barad Guldur'.
    • Preview - Malleable Shadow Essences are now unbound and fully tradable.
    • Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.
    • The Camp of the Host milestone skill now has its own icon.
    • Gorgoroth Instances - 'of the Wyrm' and 'of the Abyss' shields have an updated appearance.
    • Item levels in pending loot reflect the actual level of the item when it is obtained (except that item level adjustments are currently broken for some items coming from pending loot).
    • A Reflecting Pool for the Wastes has been added to Haerondir, allowing you to replay many instances from that region.
    • A Reflecting Pool for Gorgoroth has been added near the Ruins of Dingarth, allowing you to replay many instances from that region.
    • The Gorgorth Daily Expedition quests now award 2 Slivers of Black Steel each so that you can earn Black Steel Keys equally from any daily expedition.
    • Mounted combat 2-handed combat animations have been adjusted to reduce clipping through the character avatar.
    It's just sad that the whole gear progression gets recyled. Every minor update over the period of the same expansion are aquired with the same currency and means (P2W keys / "enchanting").
    Itemisation itself is boring: increase ilvl / add set bonus, maybe change one stat or remove for an essence slot.
    The devs clearly have no plans for gear progression as long as key store sales can be maintained.

My suggestions (obviously going to get ignored):
    • Lootboxes won't drop any incomparable or epic quality loot
    • Lootboxes can only drop 20/40/60 Ash
    • Increase chance of cosmetic drops in Lootboxes
    • Ash / enchanting / barter
      • Primary role of ash should be for trading unwanted gear
      • Barter items should be gated behind certain criterias/deeds -> You run the designated content first (not the other way arround)
      • Cost of bartering an item should only be double the amount you get from enchanting the same quality item (One can argue about the ratio)
      • Gear progression is very important (Light requirement should have a clear path: One endgame content leads to the next)

• T1 / T2 / T2cm instances & raids should drop the nessesary loot effectivly and prepare you for the next tier/challenge
    • With daily / weekly locks, certain items should always drop: We don't want to farm instances mindlessly (Personal Loot << Shared Loot)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Oh nice then. It seems they pretend to hug us just to stab us in the back. lol.
    Exactly my thought.

Sneaky move but I'm happy some people caught it. Still it won't matter this is the way SSG is moving. Pushed on my daybreak or not, I have no idea and hardly care anymore. The end result is the same for us who play.

I feel that the only choice left for both my son and I is to leave this game. I'm not turning him into a gambler. It is clear that all design decisions now are based around trying to force people to buy keys in ths tore and gamble with these boxes to get rewards. You can't even use alts to get keys for Your main or even help a friend or family member get keys within the game. You get chest locks on Mordor instances etc. All to make players so desperate they buy keys to progress. Won't happen with me or my son though. All that will happen is that we find another game eventually. Nothing fun left after these changes.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Exactly my thought.

Sneaky move but I'm happy some people caught it. Still it won't matter this is the way SSG is moving. Pushed on my daybreak or not, I have no idea and hardly care anymore. The end result is the same for us who play.

I feel that the only choice left for both my son and I is to leave this game. I'm not turning him into a gambler. It is clear that all design decisions now are based around trying to force people to buy keys in ths tore and gamble with these boxes to get rewards. You can't even use alts to get keys for Your main or even help a friend or family member get keys within the game. You get chest locks on Mordor instances etc. All to make players so desperate they buy keys to progress. Won't happen with me or my son though. All that will happen is that we find another game eventually. Nothing fun left after these changes.
    Problem is, they see the statistic. They know how many keys the sell x day and they also know the number wont drop even after these changes. So they probably just laugh at us posting on forum.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Geventh View Post
    My suggestions (obviously going to get ignored):
    • Lootboxes won't drop any incomparable or epic quality loot
    • Lootboxes can only drop 20/40/60 Ash
    • Increase chance of cosmetic drops in Lootboxes
    • Ash / enchanting / barter
      • Primary role of ash should be for trading unwanted gear
      • Barter items should be gated behind certain criterias/deeds -> You run the designated content first (not the other way arround)
      • Cost of bartering an item should only be double the amount you get from enchanting the same quality item (One can argue about the ratio)
      • Gear progression is very important (Light requirement should have a clear path: One endgame content leads to the next)

• T1 / T2 / T2cm instances & raids should drop the nessesary loot effectivly and prepare you for the next tier/challenge
    • With daily / weekly locks, certain items should always drop: We don't want to farm instances mindlessly (Personal Loot << Shared Loot)
    It's pretty much this at the moment as progression with increased drop rates. Get initial gear with purples to get over 110 light with crafted landscape stuff and so on (very easy). Do T1 instance to get few more pieces of 12 light, progress to t2 get 14 light and 16 light pieces and lastly do raid to get 16-18 light pieces. Of course T1 raid you can do on same time as t1 instances.

So when I come back to the game to do the new raid, I have dailies, lootboxes, instance locks, and bind-on-acquire gating to look forward to. Fantastic, I was going to go sample the latest Korean sh**fest but I see their business quirks have been established thoroughly in lotro.

You guys try your hardest to take the fun out of this game don't you.
    Last edited by 007Squanto; Nov 18 2017 at 07:26 AM.
    Illydros Squanto Ulricson Saridas Gap

New in this build:
    • Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.

When are you going to increase black steel key prices?
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

I've been noticing the pattern of changes since Mordor has been highly "aggressive" in nature, so far as itemization and methods of gearing are concerned. For example, the initial plan to address incorrect Ash barter prices on item level 330 Incomparable gear when it was first introduced on the live servers and how players had already bartered for it before it could be fixed, as well as how landscape raid farming is being addressed (first removing item drops from specific mobs being farmed -- though admittedly, the mobs in Lhingris with extremely low respawn timers really needed that change -- and now what sounds like removing landscape Incomparable gear drops entirely). The pattern seems to suggest that the core design philosophy driving LOTRO forward has changed significantly since the launch of Mordor, which leaves me wondering if SSG has a different Executive Producer now or if Daybreak is somehow getting involved (though the latter is purely speculation on my part -- I do not know for certain if the current arrangement even gives them a say on LOTRO at all).

Regardless of the actual reason, we really need more official explanation behind these sorts of changes with potentially significant impact, as well as dialogue with the player base before actually implementing them (or about finding an alternative, such as what was ultimately implemented in the case of incorrect Ash barter prices for item level 330 Incomparable gear). Giving a more detailed explanation or talking it out with the community should at the very least help mitigate negative reactions.

With that said:

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    • Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment. Mobs in the resource instances will continue to drop incomparable equipment.
    These two changes in particular are potentially flawed. While the former change will certainly curb landscape raid farming, it also removes one of the only sources of Ash available while leveling in Mordor. This would be somewhat less of a problem if the basic gear available for Ash bartering did not have a minimum equip level of 112 (which lets that specific gear assist during the difficulty spike in Talath Urui and beyond) instead of 115. The only other "normal" sources of Ash while leveling are disenchanting Enchanted Gorgoroth Adamants (which are Bind on Acquire, and require maxed out Crafting Guild rep to even learn the recipe to begin with), and disenchanting gear acquired as rewards from Mordor quests (which only gives a small amount of Ash, and gear is not rewarded by any repeatable quests). The only other source of Ash while leveling is from Gorgoroth Steel-bound Lootboxes, but Black Steel Keys are impossible to acquire until Allegiance daily quests are unlocked (and if it is true that unbound Black Steel Keys are being removed from the game, then they are completely impossible to normally acquire until said daily quests become available). Combine all this with Black Steel Keys being available for purchase from the LOTRO Store, and the overall impression is strongly "pay-2-win" -- something quite different compared to how it has been pre-Mordor, and not a good change. Having gear drops still potentially occur from mobs within Mordor crafting instances does not help this.

This would also only be effective as a "band-aid" solution to a problem which has existed since the introduction of Open Tapping with Riders of Rohan, as I've mentioned in a different thread, meaning the same kind of problem could just as easily re-appear again in the future even if addressed this way. We need a better solution than this, such as having only one potential Incomparable gear drop per player group (which is what it was like before Open Tapping was introduced) and rolled upon, instead of per player (which is how it is on the live servers currently) -- doing this would severely reduce the amount of Ash potentially acquired through a landscape raid farm as a side effect, and therefore passively discourage that sort of farming.

The latter change (to Naerband and Seregost) also contributes to this problem even with the gear drop rate being "substantially increased", though not to the same degree. However, I see it also introduces a different problem: once a player has run those instances for the day, what incentive do they have to run it again? This could have a detrimental effect on attempting to find a group to run those instances once others have done so for the day, and I see a similar issue being present within the Abyss of Mordath raid. This could be addressed by having boss encounters in these instances at least drop something upon completion (Scrolls of Empowerment and Star-lit Crystals would give a strong reason, given how many of these are required to fully upgrade an Imbued Legendary Item at this time), while having any actual gear drops remain limited to instance or raid chests as a daily (or weekly, in the case of the Abyss of Mordath) "bonus". And in the case of the raid, a "mini-boss" dropping Legendary Item upgrade materials half-way to each major boss encounter would give a good incentive to keep running the raid throughout the week even after completing it once (doubly so if they were to have a decent chance to drop item level 330 gear -- attempting to "farm" these mini-bosses for said gear would still be passively discouraged by how the number of instances which can be started and run within an hour's time has a hard limit), as well as provide a nice change of pace after clearing out several mob encounters on the way beforehand.

On the other hand, if landscape Incomparable gear drops in Mordor remained in the game and simply dropped only once per mob per player group to "tag" them, then having item level 330 gear in Naerband and Seregost only drop in daily chests (along with significantly increasing their drop chance) is actually a pretty decent change, so far as gearing up for the raid (or the Tier 2 version of those instances) is concerned.
    Last edited by RingOfFire; Nov 18 2017 at 07:49 AM.
    One less Orc in the world is a good thing, and one less leader among the Orcs is a great thing.

So now we have RNG raid loot and tokens completely removed or what?
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    So now we have RNG raid loot and tokens completely removed or what?
    Yes the tokens will go away , its just that barterers have not been updated yet : )
    At least that's their current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    So basically that whole other thread in the General Forums, containing (to date) 9 pages and 201 replies, with about 90-95% of the people posting being in agreement on what changes that are bad, like removing LoE/Ash drops from landscape mobs in favour trying to push people to buy keys for gambling with lootboxes, most of those issues/concerns have been ignored with the new Update in testing. At least if I understand all the notes correctly. In fact the grind have possibly been made even worse and slower with 1-day locks on Mordor CoS and Naerband instance chests. Only really one issue has been adressed to a small extent.

---> https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...uted-Even-More <---

These updates are still the same even after all concerns and dislikes raised in the forums by so many:
    Nothing has changed on this. LoE/Ash will be removed from landscape mobs. And to avoid confusion, Incomprable/Teal tier gear, has been the only LoE gear that have been dropping, so removing that removes all LoE/Ash drops from landscape mobs.

So have fun trying to get enough LoE gear and/or Ash from simply adventuring through the landscape, questing and killing mobs as You go up to 112, as was raised with all the discussions related to the other thread on this topic. At 112 You won't even have enough Ash if You turn all quest gaer into Ash to barter for the 112 gear. You'll have enough for maybe one piece of that gear and then You will have nothing else on You with LoE, as it's been turne into Ash to get that one piece. All future Ash will mainly be through lootboxes, either by getting the key from Allegiance dailies or buying keys in store. Until You hit 115 and can start do the instances but with them getting 1-day cooldown that wll be a slow process too. Welcome to the Ash grind, that of course can be solved if You buy key. *rolleyes*

As I can see nothing is mentioned about the lootboxes being more and more diluted either. Just ignored. No matter how You look at it they will get diluted. If You want cosmetics You might end up with decoration, ash or gear. If You want Ash You might end up with decorations. If You want gear You might end up with cosmetics (that can be turned into ash but its still not gear) or decorations etc. The more they add to these lootboxes the less the chance You get what You want. That is what gambling is all about. The House wins as You spend more money to try and win that reward.

CoS/Court Of Seregost and Naerband will now have 1-day locks on their chests:
    So even if as stated the drop rates might have been "substantially" increased (whatever that means, could be from 1% to 5% for all we know) You will only be able to do it once a day after the update. So You won't even be able to farm these much anymore for possible LoE/Ash drops or crafting ingredients.

So this is basically the only issue/complaint adressed/changed a bit since last time. The Raiders concern that others could get the Raid gear as well through boxes:
    If I understand correctly and I mean IF, then lootboxes will still reward incomparanble/Teal Raid level items just not the specific gear pieces that had set bonuses on them. Just the pieces that did not have bonuses on them. Things like jewelery and such will still be in the lootboxes. Maybe even some armour parts that did not have bonuses or just same armour just without bonuses. It is a bit unclear and hard to be sure with that explanation. The other parts will still be either dropped in the raid or bartered using Ash but only once You have completed the T2 Raid deed. Rare/Purple raid level gear will also still be in the lootboxes, in the raid and can bartered for Ash and not needed to have completed the raid or anything.

While those changes will most likely be welcome by some. It only solves the issue raised by some. The issue that only those that acctually do the raid should be able to get the teal raid gear. I don't disagree with that. However it doesn't much solve any of all the other issues with removing Ash from landscape, problems for casual players or the whole push towards buying keys for lootbox situation.

A Nice Change imo:
    With all the latest "hype" SSG seem to have to make more and more things BoA/Bind on Acquire they are at least trying to mitigate it a little bit with this change. Even if it's time-limited and I'm sure confusion will arise and things will still end up with people with the wrong class and the timer runs out. Still it's a step in the right direction I guess.
    But in Thursdays stream Cord said they are reading the feedback and taking into consideration
    \
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

They took our feedback, flicked us the bird and made it worse..... makes me proud to be a player of this game
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

[*]Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.

As Naerband can't be finished (since the instance is full of bug), we only have Seregost to do to have stuff and ash. So, with this, we can only open chests once a day. Ridiculous. So, we have nothing to do when we have finish once the instance.
    Wahou.
    You are gonna loose a lot of players, by doing this.
    Hope that you can hear what the players say, and do something correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    But in Thursdays stream Cord said they are reading the feedback and taking into consideration
    \
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

They took our feedback, flicked us the bird and made it worse..... makes me proud to be a player of this game

I doubt many are reading the feedback, just enough to want revenge maybe. Are we just vermin that's infested their beautiful world?

Mac

1. Removing ash from mobs + limiting instances to once a day = only way to gain ashes without going through slow and painful grind will be lootbox spam;
    2. Making keys from dailies bound = all tradable keys will be from the store;
    3. Taking out raid token + making the loot personal with bad rng = if you want gears without being frustrated by the system then better barter with 2k ashes per piece;

Sorry to be blunt, but the whole release note screams "BUY OUR STORE KEYS!!!"

Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Make all gear only available from lootboxes, raiding is just for fun pogchamp
    Also 1 week chest lock for Seregost and Naerband
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

I'm not trying to nag or imply that I think this issue should take precedence over game-play matters, I'm merely curious-- When should we expect the new hobbit/dwarf avatars?
    Illydros Squanto Ulricson Saridas Gap

• Abyss of Mordath - The method and quality of loot awarded by the raid has been adjusted.
    • Incomparable set gear will drop from raid chests (in a picker box so you can select the set piece right for your character). This incomparable gear will be item level 345, and will have a chance to receive bonus item levels when it comes out of the box.
    • The Incomparable set gear helms, incomparable pocket items, and incomparable necklaces will be craftable items, and will require a fragment of the abyss crafting component from the raid.
    • An Incomparable item level 345 cloak will drop from raid chests.
    • Incomparable item level 345 Grand Abyssal Runes will drop from raid chests.
    • Other incomparable pieces from the raid (essences, other jewellery) and all rare gear from the raid will be item level 337.
    • Once you have completed the Tier 2 raid deed, you will be able to barter for all of the incomparable raid gear on the Masters of Mordor Lore. This allows you to use Ash of Gorgorth to barter for pieces that just haven't dropped for you in the raid. The bartered gear does not have a chance to receive bonus item levels. Note that npcs in this current build do not yet include this change.
    • Item level 337 incomparable armour (without set bonuses, not including the helm), rings, earrings, bracelets, offhands, and essences will be available in Gorgoroth lootboxes.
    • Rare item level 337 gear of all types will be available in the raid, in Gorgoroth lootboxes, and for barter with no restrictions.
    So the raid gearing process is now basically a pure RNG fest pointing to the ash barterers, while you simultaneously restrict non-store ash acquisition as much as you possibly can... Who thought this was a good idea? The sales team? Terrible change, give us back the barterers with tokens please, and if you really must have personal loot, make every t2c raid chest GUARANTEED to drop an Incomparable armour or jewellery piece (= 3 pieces per full t2c raid clear). And instance chests should NOT have locks. Period. No matter how high/low their droprates are. They are supposed to be our gearing path towards getting the required Light for the raid, and they simply are not if we are restricted to only getting rewards from them once per day (well, I say 'them', but in reality nobody really runs Naerband because it is long, tedious and buggy for horrible loot -- the listed changes might help improve that but I personally don't think it's enough. Yay for Seregost?..).

• Preview - Malleable Shadow Essences are now unbound and fully tradable.
    • The Camp of the Host milestone skill now has its own icon.
    • Gorgoroth Instances - 'of the Wyrm' and 'of the Abyss' shields have an updated appearance.
    • Item levels in pending loot reflect the actual level of the item when it is obtained (except that item level adjustments are currently broken for some items coming from pending loot).
    • A Reflecting Pool for the Wastes has been added to Haerondir, allowing you to replay many instances from that region.
    • A Reflecting Pool for Gorgoroth has been added near the Ruins of Dingarth, allowing you to replay many instances from that region.
    Some good changes. Thanks for these.

• The Gorgorth Daily Expedition quests now award 2 Slivers of Black Steel each so that you can earn Black Steel Keys equally from any daily expedition.
    This is a VERY bad idea. I think I understand the reasoning, making all daily expeditions 'worth' running vs only 3 per week, but this is NOT the way to implement it if you don't want to massively piss off every player who has any alts. Why? Because Slivers of Black Steel bind to character on acquire, and the Keys you barter with them also bind to character on acquire. Compared to the current system where, if I have 7 characters who can do their dailies, I can earn a lot of keys by playing the game and then use them on my least geared alts, while mains don't need them anymore. The new system makes this impossible, and simply points players like me to the store yet again saying 'if you want to gear your alt, better go buy some keys. Or you can of course earn them at the impressive rate of 0.66 key a day no matter how many alts you play'.
    So, I would suggest:
    • Make Slivers of Black Steel an Account shared currency rather than a character bound one. If a player earns barter currency, there is NO reason why it should be character restricted. If I put in x amount of time into the game for a reward, I should be able to use that reward on an alt if I prefer. We had a character bound system like this in Ithilien and it was horribly frustrating to sit with 5 characters each being one barter token short to get the thing you need, while their tokens combined could have gotten the reward ages ago. Same for Featured Instance Long Lost coins and Ithilien Extracts before they were switched. I honestly don't understand why you keep doing this, do you really hate players with alts that much?
    • If you're not willing to do that for some reason beyond my understanding, at least make the Black Steel Keys from the Allegiance Quartermaster bind to account on acquire rather than bind to character.

Trust in SSG is at an all time low, don't do more gimmicky poorly thought out changes which, even though the idea is not bad, keep negatively affecting the players for no reason at all (unless, of course, store sales now dictate every move the dev team makes -- which I sincerely hope is not the case, but I'm honestly having a hard time trying to think of any other reasoning behind past few updates).

[*]Naerband and Seregost instance chests now have a 1-day lock on them. Equipment drop rates for these chests have also been increased substantially.

a one day lock : ridiculous , not productive , and since when a 3-man and a 6-man have a lock ; like say siddharta why not a week lock ; and while you are there made a lock on every instance ( not only CoS and DoN ) ; you often talk about wow or other game but in this game there is no lock ; why not made like weekly instance ( a chest bonus in the bag for the first time )

Make sure to buff those new relic runes so classes that cant use them are left in #### even more.

Make sure new 3/6 man instance locks are shared with between one another and other instances so we can do only 1 instance per day,you dont want people to go farming other stuff while those are on CD,imo that would be good change and drive people to support game with real money and store.

While we are at it give agility tanking jewlery more crit defence and evade and less morale as we are doing a lot of DPS and need to evade attacks since we have no mitigations,also we get hit by critical hits a lot so we need 100k crit defence.

Since black steel keys are boa to character we could make everything we loot boa to character so we cant trade anything or send anything to alts,but make store item that cots 300lp that give you ability to trade 1 boa item that would be good change i think as people would not spam ah and trade chat with strange items and prices.We would sell only what we need and 300lp is decent price for that option.

Maybe implement store item that lets one change his class/race for 9995 lp and limit it to 1 use per character so people stuck with non meta classes can spend some money and change their class so they can play game more.Or they can use valar but with valar they need to do their LIs and get 10 more levels.Idk balance prices so we have both options.

Lore master raven debuff should be buffed to 35% maybe even 50% fire mitigation,This would help RK and Hunter since mobs mitigations are huge and they need to bypass them somehow.
    Melee have better mitigations and survivability as well as aoe so they dont have problems like this.

We should add more crafting ingredients in lootboxes,and ithilien essences maybe even t7 one.Keep in mind people have alts and when opening gorgoroth loot box they can send t7 and ithilien essence back to alts,i personaly would welcome such change.

I would also sugest 1 more thing,perhaps the most important change make every slayer deed give 0 lp and advanced slayer deed give 1lp,this would still leave option to those who want to play for free they could still grind lp for content but would be more inclined to go to store.And i dont think VIP should get 500 points per month esp if they are lifer.I would remove that from life time sub as it lets people stockpile insane amount of LP.

These are just some of my sugestions hope devs recive them well.I can come up with some more.Keep up the good work,i am glad to see we are in good hands and are moving towards better future.

so the soloplayers are screwed with this update
    Silcia LightFoot Weatherstock Bard

Quote Originally Posted by leangorn View Post

a one day lock : ridiculous , not productive , and since when a 3-man and a 6-man have a lock ; like say siddharta why not a week lock ; and while you are there made a lock on every instance ( not only CoS and DoN ) ; you often talk about wow or other game but in this game there is no lock ; why not made like weekly instance ( a chest bonus in the bag for the first time )
    Instances with 1-day locks, Raids with 1-week locks on loot chests, no ash farms.

Really, what are we supposed to do at endgame? Oh yeah, black key sliver dailies

Please don't tell me that the loot from the raid will be personal loot, that's the worst idea ever. Everyone in the raid group should be able to get gear at an equal rate, not just purely based on their personal luck. Throne loot was the perfect system.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast