We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a revision in the Signature Image rules for the LOTRO forums?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 31.03%
  • No

40 68.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It seems people continue to want larger images in their signatures, and possibly add gifs. What do you think?
    Definitely NO to larger images and even a bigger NO to animated images.

Just as an exmaple, i find the image in that signature extremely annoying (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...00#post7787000)

Many times ppl just say a couple of words, but the signature take half of the screen.
    If it were up to me, I would only allow textual signatures without coloring.
    If someone wants to express something, that should be done in his postings and not in his signature.

Having a thread in this sub forum is why you only (to date) had 55 votes. You cannot base a decision
    on 55 peoples opinion. If you want to gain a true reflection on such matters and are going to use
    votes system in future then open a thread on the most visited or in the least make everyone aware
    that a vote is taking place.

If you are truly revamping forum rules then pick a set that is obtainable by all and most importantly police
    it. As has been said, don't rely on reports, you read every post and so should act on what you see.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

It's been a year or so since I last brought this up, but I wanted to see if there were any changes in the general sentiment of the community...

In recent weeks I've had to deal with a fair number of reported posts from people asking me to remove larger-than-allowed signature images, or images in .gif format that included animations. It seems people continue to want larger images in their signatures, and possibly add gifs. What do you think?

Here's the current rules dating back to 2013:

Images should be no larger than 125 pixels high, and no wider than 350 pixels wide.

ABSOLUTELY NO ANIMATED IMAGES OR VIDEO OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED.

Guidelines to follow. (As sadly we're already starting to look like the Vegas Strip).

Signature Guidelines

You may link to one (1) image in your signature.
    Images may not be larger than 350 pixels wide x 125 pixels high.
    Images should be as small as possible (File size).
    No animated images of any kind. Period. No exceptions.
    No videos of any kind. Period. No exceptions.
    Signatures must relate to LOTRO (no Xbox live gamer tags, etc).
    Signatures must not be ‘billboards’ for your site. (You may add a simple link in the standard font size).
    Must comply with the Community Guidelines.
    Text should not exceed 4 lines with no image or 2 lines with an image.

We'll remove any animated images we see and if it continues to be an issue we will simply disable the ability to have images in your signatures.
    I think those rules are fair, & simple while allowing a nice degree of customization without the annoyance that may cause oversized & animated pictures. Ok pictures could still be a bit larger but no need to be by much because some people wish to post extra data about their toons. On a perfect world everybody can respect it without difficulty. While i have seeing a few times people try to go around the rules to post things that may violate the code of conduct, i have not noticed it recently & that is a good thing. Lets hope it keeps like that but if doesn't, you can enable a simple plugin controlled by LOTRO instead external link, that allow the creation of signatures that follow the rules above. I hope that it never come to that because i like my current basic signature as it is.

For size comparison popular signature generator http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro/ vs. custom on my signature (using regulations guidelines)
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 17 2017 at 09:56 AM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Images should be no larger than 125 pixels high, and no wider than 350 pixels wide.

ABSOLUTELY NO ANIMATED IMAGES OR VIDEO OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED.

Guidelines to follow. (As sadly we're already starting to look like the Vegas Strip).

Signature Guidelines

• You may link to one (1) image in your signature.
    • Images may not be larger than 350 pixels wide x 125 pixels high.
    • Images should be as small as possible (File size).
    • No animated images of any kind. Period. No exceptions.
    • No videos of any kind. Period. No exceptions.
    • Signatures must relate to LOTRO (no Xbox live gamer tags, etc).
    • Signatures must not be ‘billboards’ for your site. (You may add a simple link in the standard font size).
    • Must comply with the Community Guidelines.
    • Text should not exceed 4 lines with no image or 2 lines with an image.

We'll remove any animated images we see and if it continues to be an issue we will simply disable the ability to have images in your signatures.
    I like the rules... smaller pictures are much better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2