We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How far can an Imbued Weapon advance?

So my Level 106 Hunter had been using the crossbow shown at left, dutifully advancing until it told me I have reached maximum. Note that DPS is 280.2. I went on a tear to find all the Gondorian Treasure Caches, and found some decent armour and weapons, including the bow at right with 350.2 DPS.

Is there some way I can continue to upgrade my imbued crossbow to have at least 350 DPS?

Do I have to have the crossbow equipped to benefit from the legacies? Can I benefit by having it in my pack?

I have tried to read the various imbuement threads but honestly, they try and cover everything all at once and I can't find any discussion of what the maximum stats are.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Main stat can level up to 53, with the last few levels adding more than the others. You'll end up close to 500 dps as a hunter. For that you'll need a lot of crystals, from festivals for instance.
    Secondary stats level up to 69 using large amounts of scrolls of empowerment. MT dailies and FI's are still the best way of getting those I believe.

To infinity... and beyond!

If you had not yet imbued and 'scrolled' the crossbow, I would have recommended that you complete the Gondorian Chest quests in Eriador (Angmar is extreely tricky) and Gondor, until you have collected 50 of the Gift-giver brand tokens, and then bartered a bow or crossbow from the NPCs in Dol Amroth or Lhingris. That way, you would own a first age weapon which could be imbued and provided with Anfalas scrolls of Enhancement and crystals (one being of Remembrance).

The scrolls are best bartered at the skirmish camp, or in Minas Tirith from Narnaith, a NPC which represents the Smith's Fellowship. The crystals can be gained from festivals, epic battles (one will cost 300 Stars of Merit) and skirmishes (at least tier 3 raids).

My hunter has a bow that is currently maxed, does 778 - 1,415 Beleriand damage (I got the scroll from the second Fangorn area, after West Rohan), with all other legacies on 69, and does an average of 498.5 DPS. I am not great at timing this barrage, but once managed to hit a troll in the wastes with something around 90K damage.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Main stat can level up to 53
    You've already lost me. What is a "main stat" and how can I tell what level I am currently at?

, with the last few levels adding more than the others.
    Adding more of what?

You'll end up close to 500 dps as a hunter. For that you'll need a lot of crystals, from festivals for instance.
    The weapon as been imbued. Which crystals do I need? I tried applying one or two and I didn't see it do anything.

Secondary stats level up to 69 using large amounts of scrolls of empowerment.
    I had some of these saved up and tried to apply them. How do I tell if they've done anything?

MT dailies and FI's are still the best way of getting those I believe.
    MT - Minas Tirith?

FI - ?

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    If you had not yet imbued and 'scrolled' the crossbow, I would have recommended that you complete the Gondorian Chest quests in Eriador (Angmar is extreely tricky) and Gondor, until you have collected 50 of the Gift-giver brand tokens, and then bartered a bow or crossbow from the NPCs in Dol Amroth or Lhingris. That way, you would own a first age weapon which could be imbued and provided with Anfalas scrolls of Enhancement and crystals (one being of Remembrance).
    Okay, but I obviously didn't do any of that. So the question still stands. What can I do with the weapon I have? Have I reach the limit? If not, how do I continue to advance?

The scrolls are best bartered at the skirmish camp, or in Minas Tirith from Narnaith, a NPC which represents the Smith's Fellowship. The crystals can be gained from festivals, epic battles (one will cost 300 Stars of Merit) and skirmishes (at least tier 3 raids).
    Now I'm confused, you said I needed to do that before I imbued? Can I still use these?

My hunter has a bow that is currently maxed, does 778 - 1,415 Beleriand damage (I got the scroll from the second Fangorn area, after West Rohan), with all other legacies on 69, and does an average of 498.5 DPS. I am not great at timing this barrage, but once managed to hit a troll in the wastes with something around 90K damage.
    Cool. So how do I do that with the weapon I currently have? Or do I need to start again as you mentioned above?

Put another way - how do I continue to work on the weapon I have, or have I reached the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    If you had not yet imbued and 'scrolled' the crossbow, I would have recommended that you complete the Gondorian Chest quests in Eriador
    Do you mean the treasure caches?

I did a search for "Gondorian Chest quest" and it doesn't come up with anything.

FWIW I just completed finding all the Gondorian Treasure Caches.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Gon...Treasure_Cache

It's how I found the non-Legendary weapons that dwarf the power of my LI.

Okay, I bought an Anfalas Star-lit Crystal using 495(!) Turbine Points. I applied it, and the greyed-out progress bar changed, and says I am at 311 of 312. The Lotro wiki and the info at the store says I can do this a max of three times (or is it one time for Imbued weapons)?

So the question still stands - is that it? Is my only other option to start over with a different LI? When they marketed Imbuement they said these weapons would keep advancing with us, but I'm not understanding how and the documentation seems practically non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post
    Okay, I bought an Anfalas Star-lit Crystal using 495(!) Turbine Points. I applied it, and the greyed-out progress bar changed, and says I am at 311 of 312. The Lotro wiki and the info at the store says I can do this a max of three times (or is it one time for Imbued weapons)?

So the question still stands - is that it? Is my only other option to start over with a different LI? When they marketed Imbuement they said these weapons would keep advancing with us, but I'm not understanding how and the documentation seems practically non-existent.
    For Imbued LIs you can apply star-lits until it tells you you've reached the max level. The 3 times only applies to non-imbued LIs. For the Legacies you can apply Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment, one for each tier of one legacy, until you reach the max level. To see if you're at max, and how far you have to go if not, hover your mouse over the legacies in the LI panel. It will say something like "unlocked 15 of 31" or something like that.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...buement_system

You've already lost me. What is a "main stat" and how can I tell what level I am currently at?

Adding more of what?

The weapon as been imbued. Which crystals do I need? I tried applying one or two and I didn't see it do anything.

I had some of these saved up and tried to apply them. How do I tell if they've done anything?

MT - Minas Tirith?

FI - ?
    Look at your weapon from the Legendary Item panel (Shift-I). You'll see a number of bars there: one for dps, that is the main stat for that weapon, and more for the legacies you have chosen. Possibly also one empty one.

The main stat can be upgraded by using Anfalas star-lit crystals. When you apply one, the maximum available level goes up. Let's say your main stat is currently 40/42, meaning it is leveled to 40, with a max of 42. When you apply the crystal, it will change to 40/43. So the crystal only changes the max, to reach it you have to do quests or use Heritage Runes.

The legacies work the same way, but with Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.

If you have a Crystal of Remembrance you can pick and additional legacy for the empty slot. Those crystals you'll get from completing some Epic questlines. After that, it is the same as a normal legacy.

MT= Minas Tirith, FI are Featured Instances.

A bit clearer now?

PSA: Never buy Anfalas Star-lit Crystals from the store. They are a huge rip-off. Instead, buy Mithril Coins from the store, then click the DPS legacy in the LI panel. You can then pay 10 MC for the equivalent of a star-lit crystal.

You could have bought 50 MC for 350 LP (at the current 30% off rate), which would have given you the equivalent of 5 star-lit crystals, and you still would've saved 145 LP.

Sorry you got massively ripped off. This discrepancy has been reported to SSG many times, but they don't seem to care. I think QuartermasterU has other priorities nowadays, if he even still works for the company.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Nov 13 2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Yes, much clearer now, thanks to all for the replies. Keep forgetting I can hover; I'll take another look and see where I stand.

EDIT

Ok, went into the LI screen and hovered. Looks like the final tier will be about 500 DPS. So I need to unlock all these tiers after 312. And, I suppose, they will raise the cap with new expansions post-Mordor?

Thanks all for the help.
    Last edited by Sito_Origami; Nov 13 2017 at 03:31 PM.

Ah, - I had 35 mithril coins, so I clicked on the upgrade per suggestion above, now I have 5 additional tiers unlocked.

Excellent, makes sense now.

For the main stat you only have to unlock those tiers. You currently unlocked 31, max is 53 now (yes, probably will go up in the future) so you'll need 53-31=22 crystals.
    To really get the most of your weapon you'll need to max out the legacies too 7*29=203 scrolls.
    And then you have another legendary item ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    PSA: Never buy Anfalas Star-lit Crystals from the store. They are a huge rip-off. Instead, buy Mithril Coins from the store, then click the DPS legacy in the LI panel. You can then pay 10 MC for the equivalent of a star-lit crystal.You could have bought 50 MC for 350 LP (at the current 30% off rate), which would have given you the equivalent of 5 star-lit crystals, and you still would've saved 145 LP.
    Thanks for the tip regarding MC. May I ask a follow up question? So the only way to increase maximum tiers on an LI is with Anfalas Star-Lit Crystals correct? (Including the tip you mention regarding "equivalent" of a crystal.) I have been dismayed by how much room there is to improve my LIs especially DPS. The gap from current to maximum is about 150-200 tiers and I thought "that's a lot of crystals at 50-60 gold each". That would clean out my bank. As much as I appreciate LIs and imbued LIs this aspect of the system has been frustrating. LIs *don't* simply level up with us.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 115 Hnt | Ngollwydha 115 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 108 Rk | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 108 Cpt Arkenstone | Pro tip = How someone behaves in game reflects how s/he behaves in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    Thanks for the tip regarding MC. May I ask a follow up question? So the only way to increase maximum tiers on an LI is with Anfalas Star-Lit Crystals correct? (Including the tip you mention regarding "equivalent" of a crystal.) I have been dismayed by how much room there is to improve my LIs especially DPS. The gap from current to maximum is about 150-200 tiers and I thought "that's a lot of crystals at 50-60 gold each". That would clean out my bank.
    Star-lit crystals are only for the main DPS legacy. For all other legacies, you need Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.

There are other ways to do it (buying directly from the store; or using mithril coins in the LI panel; getting an occasional "Legacy Tier Upgrade" scroll that drops from a mob). But the main way is with crystals/scrolls. There are numerous ways to get them. You may already have various currencies that you can use to barter for them. The fastest way I know to get them (as of a few weeks ago when I did it) is to run Court of Seregost at level 105, over and over, ad nauseam.

As much as I appreciate LIs and imbued LIs this aspect of the system has been frustrating. LIs *don't* simply level up with us.
    Welcome to end-game grind. Is this your first time?

Minas Tirith South Gate dailies are also a good one. Takes 15 minutes for 3 scrolls, plus some MT coins that you can barter scrolls with.

... Welcome to end-game grind. Is this your first time?
    I appreciate the responses which confirm how we advance an LI after it has been imbued. I could have phrased my question better. I understand using scrolls of empowerment and so on *before* LI is imbued... which means higher tiers possible for each legacy. However there is a maximum tier *after* the LI is imbued (which seems to be the total tiers of the legacies). For example my Warden's FA 1H sword is at 239/322 legacy tiers (33 + several 40-42). So to increase maximum DPS... would take a ton of crystals (or equivalent thereof purchased with MC) right? I noticed one can still use scrolls of empowerment after the LI is imbued (for those legacies that weren't tier 6) but *not* on DPS/inherent legacy.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 115 Hnt | Ngollwydha 115 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 108 Rk | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 108 Cpt Arkenstone | Pro tip = How someone behaves in game reflects how s/he behaves in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    I appreciate the responses which confirm how we advance an LI after it has been imbued. I could have phrased my question better. I understand using scrolls of empowerment and so on *before* LI is imbued... which means higher tiers possible for each legacy. However there is a maximum tier *after* the LI is imbued (which seems to be the total tiers of the legacies). For example my Warden's FA 1H sword is at 239/322 legacy tiers (33 + several 40-42). So to increase maximum DPS... would take a ton of crystals (or equivalent thereof purchased with MC) right? I noticed one can still use scrolls of empowerment after the LI is imbued (for those legacies that weren't tier 6) but *not* on DPS/inherent legacy.
    As I said above, crystals are for the DPS legacy, and scrolls are for the others. Do you have another question, or just looking for confirmation?

As I said above, crystals are for the DPS legacy, and scrolls are for the others. Do you have another question, or just looking for confirmation?
    That's very clear. It was both question and confirmation. Thanks again.

Do I have to have the crossbow equipped to benefit from the legacies? Can I benefit by having it in my pack?
    No you get no bonuses for items just in your inventory, only those items equipped.

mis-post
    Backwards up the mossy glen
    Turn’d and troop’d the goblin men,
    With their shrill repeated cry,
    “Come buy, come buy.”

Thanks Everyone!

I have to agree with DarthKeryx... the imbuing system was advertised at the beginning that the imbued weapon would continue to "level up as you do". However, that is just not the case at all... if that were so, none of the Anfalas crystals or the Anfalas scrolls of empowerment would be necessary. I, too, am quite frustrated over this. To compensate... I try to never BUY an Anfalas crystal, mithril coins (to use to level LI's) OR buy Anfalas scrolls of empowerment... I work for them... which means, I run festivals for tokens for the crystals, and run the dailies in MT for the scrolls. Yes, it takes a lot longer, and is WAY more tedious and repetitive (to the point of almost screaming), but I like to refuse for this to be a money maker for SSG. I support them by being VIP, and by buying LP for other items I LIKE to have (my choice)... not forced to use the LP to buy what I NEED in order to quest in Mordor!

I want to thank all of you who made the leveling of the imbued weapons understandable. I was so confused, especially when the DPS of my Minnie's club reached 53/53, and my Anfalas Crystal would not work anymore on it. Now I, too, understand. You have all been a great help (good questions, and great answers!)

Welcome to the realities of Pay2win, as envisioned by SSG. enjoy.

Craft a Northern Strongholds Essence Box, sell it on the AH and buy about 80 Scrolls with the proceeds from that same AH.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast