We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Decoration Items] Grind for Lootbox Decoration Items is insane and how to fix it

I have opened nearly 200 gorgoroth lootboxes on this beta and I still haven't got all of the decoration items that can drop from the lootbox.
    Am I supposed to open 200 more lootboxes and cross my fingers? I also got a lot of repeated decoration items that I would hardly have any use on live, if it was something I already had.
    So here is my suggestion:
    Make those decoration items unbound, so people can trade or sell them (It works well with the pets, so why not extend it to decoration items?). Or, simply give us the ability to exchange them for other decoration items with a NPC. I can't forget to mention: Increase drop rate, remove useless items from lootboxes such as crafting ingredients which you can find in any node. And make Black Steel Keys much more easier to obtain in game, check this suggestion below:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lk-about-Grind
    Last edited by DiogoVP; Nov 19 2017 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    I have opened nearly 200 gorgoroth lootboxes on this beta and I still haven't got all of the decoration items that can drop from the lootbox.
    Am I supposed to open 200 more lootboxes and cross my fingers? I also got a lot of repeated decoration items that I would hardly have any use on live, if it was something I already had.
    So here is my suggestion:
    Make those decoration items unbound, so people can trade or sell them (It works well with the pets, so why not extend it to decoration items?). Or, simply give us the ability to exchange them for other decoration items with a NPC.
    Alternatively, make those items also available for Ash barter (wouldn't care if it was super expensive like 2000 ash) - since Ash was intended to be the mechanic to help people get "What they want when RNG doesn't help them"

+1 to either of the suggestions above.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    Alternatively, make those items also available for Ash barter (wouldn't care if it was super expensive like 2000 ash) - since Ash was intended to be the mechanic to help people get "What they want when RNG doesn't help them"
    Yeah. As long as there is also an option to exchange the decoration items for Ash, or at least Decoration Item + Ash = Another Decoration Item.

Remove them from the loot-boxes altogether and put them on the store for purchase directly or as already stated here--make them available in-game through a barter NPC.
    Then, remove the new loot-boxes from the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Remove them from the loot-boxes altogether and put them on the store for purchase directly or as already stated here--make them available in-game through a barter NPC.
    I can directly say this: if they think they are going to increase key-sales by adding housing items to loot-boxes-only.... probably not going to happen.

I'd probably buy like... several unique statues (like... Watcher statues? I'm interested!) if they were available in the store- but I wouldn't feel tempted at all to try via store-bought keys with the drop-rate being so slim. That's just crazy-gambling- and a really bad business model.

If they want to make something from this, I'd --------------highly recommend the store where sales will be made by players who want to purchase the items------------- rather than leaving up to a gamble. I wouldn't, for example, spend LP's on a -chance to receive a Gondorian Orb Dais-. I'd spend them on the Dais. Store-bought, ashes, and lootboxes: divide it up. That way, the folks who want to do it via lootboxes still can, without losing anything from folks like me who would, of course, go for the store-bought options if they availed us for these special housing items.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

200 boxes?

I don't even have 200 regular keys, let alone store-bought ones.
    The lootboxes have to go entirely.

Great suggestions to remove the decoration items from the lootboxes, or give us a way to reliably get them for our houses.

Oh, and as a side note: without the lootboxes there wouldn't be a reason for my whole kin to play on a regular basis. There are a lot of players, including me, who absolutely love the idea of the lootboxes, and we log only when the dailies reward a key. The itemization from their loot tables can be altered so as not to include raid quality gear, of course, no need to have such items with pve landscape dailies.

Remove the gear and ashes from the lootboxes, or the lootboxes altogether and the game loses a lot of players the next day.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    Great suggestions to remove the decoration items from the lootboxes, or give us a way to reliably get them for our houses.

Oh, and as a side note: without the lootboxes there wouldn't be a reason for my whole kin to play on a regular basis. There are a lot of players, including me, who absolutely love the idea of the lootboxes, and we log only when the dailies reward a key. The itemization from their loot tables can be altered so as not to include raid quality gear, of course, no need to have such items with pve landscape dailies.

Remove the gear and ashes from the lootboxes, or the lootboxes altogether and the game loses a lot of players the next day.
    Sure it will... Your kin must have a ton of players. The gear should never have been in loot boxes, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Amennator View Post
    Sure it will... Your kin must have a ton of players. The gear should never have been in loot boxes, period.
    Actually, it has, and isn't it great when people have different opinions? Pity that some can't seem to accept that, don't you think?
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    Oh, and as a side note: without the lootboxes there wouldn't be a reason for my whole kin to play on a regular basis. There are a lot of players, including me, who absolutely love the idea of the lootboxes, and we log only when the dailies reward a key.
    You seen the latest BR build notes? Only slivers from now on, it seems. Will you still be logging on?

Adding my voice to this request. Putting decorations in the store will result in more direct sales, as anyone could purchase them and not just capped toons.

If these new decorations are meant to be exclusive and harder to get, putting them on barter NPC (gated behind whatever in-game requirements) has historically been the way it's been done in the past (like Hytbold, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith etc).

Both of these proposals maintain the new decorations' exclusivity while simultaneously making them accessible to those who put time and effort into getting them, or make direct purchases to support SSG.

Or even: Do both at the same time - make some available via barter NPC, and some others via the store.

Please do NOT leave these decorations in lootboxes. RNG randomness with no guarantee of success results only in frustration and discouragement. Not to mention a bad taste in the mouth from such attempts to hook players into "gambling". Won't bite.
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Adding my voice to this request. Putting decorations in the store will result in more direct sales, as anyone could purchase them and not just capped toons.

If these new decorations are meant to be exclusive and harder to get, putting them on barter NPC (gated behind whatever in-game requirements) has historically been the way it's been done in the past (like Hytbold, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith etc).

Both of these proposals maintain the new decorations' exclusivity while simultaneously making them accessible to those who put time and effort into getting them, or make direct purchases to support SSG.

Or even: Do both at the same time - make some available via barter NPC, and some others via the store.

Please do NOT leave these decorations in lootboxes. RNG randomness with no guarantee of success results only in frustration and discouragement. Not to mention a bad taste in the mouth from such attempts to hook players into "gambling". Won't bite.
    Put them on the store for LP.
    Put them on Lalia's for MC.
    Put them/some on barterers for barter coins.

Get rid of this gambling bull#### before some legislation forces you do it.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    Could you maybe post some pictures of new stuff?
    Edit: Thanks, miriadel!

Started opening lootboxes myself (as some nice GM has added tons of lootboxes and keys to the AH).
    I received a housing item every 10 or 20 boxes or so ... about as many as pets, perhaps a little fewer?

It would be nice if, like pets, they were tradable at the auction house, as I will certainly not pay RL-money to take part in SSG's gambling scheme.
    Maybe others do, but for housing items? I really don't think so. Well, at any rate, good luck to SSG with their business model.
    Last edited by Onno; Nov 20 2017 at 05:40 AM.

I got 3 after opening 40 something boxes. please increase drop rate. Or better, add them to barter

My Lotro blog :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have made some changes to my OP based on them.