We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    ***Incoming Problem with Removing Ashes-Landscape-Drops

    Dear Devs,

    "Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth."

    You've seen plenty of threads in recent days about this subject.

    But you should know that by trying this blanket-solution to the landscape-farming problem, -another- problem is -going- to result from this solution.

    If you truly wish to remove such gear, then please, please, please, just give players a quest that gives them a total make-over of yellow-gear- or make level 106 yellow crafting items added to the Gorgoroth tier- primarily because Teal Gear was a means of aiding players in the LEVELING (*caps for emphasis) process throughout Mordor. Some yellow gear came from quests. So did some purple. So did some teal. Even so, a good portion of gear still came from random, Teal-quality landscape drops. By removing teal drops entirely, it'll make leveling alts HARDER to the point of torment. I know that Mordor is meant to be challenging, but trust me, it already -is- challenging, even with the teal drops. By removing the teal drops, you'll harm a whole branch of your player-base that was NOT ash-farming, but just questing like regular through the landscape, applying whatever Light of Earendil a player could get.

    The frank crux of the problem is that by removing virtually all non-quest teal gear from level 106 to level 115, it discourages leveling, makes the challenge too tough / unbalanced, and it makes it hard for players to keep-up with their LoE as they level. I just don't understand why the only apparent solution to ash-farming is the complete obliteration of one of Mordor's central features- the finding of treasure to aid in the leveling process. It kind of makes that whole... element of the expansion become absolutely pointless.

    So, you'll be botching your own expansion if you do this- if you let this solution go-through. Its not a good idea.

    So in terms of remedies, yes- I suggest yellow-tier level 106 craftable gear. Let players who have alts craft stuff for their alts and turn all yellow Quest rewards from Udun through Agarnaith into -Purple- Quest rewards. Its frankly... odd that Gorgoroth crafting, out of most of the tiers, doesn't have craftable gear for the lower-end of the level-range in an expansion-zone. By the way, crafting items can't be turned into ashes- so that also works as a solution.

    Players who want to experience Mordor as it first launched should have the choice to do so. Players who have alts who would like a more streamlined transition between the Wastes and Udun -also- should have the choice to do so. This way, the elimination of teal gear from landscape mobs won't really... ruin players' leveling experiences. Level 110 should also have a craftable "purple" set of gear as well. Yellow for 106 and purple for 110. I'd also recommend just making all of the item-level 326 craftable gear be of a "teal" / incomparable quality (*again, can't be turned into ashes), since there's now item level 330 and soon item-level 337 gear to grind-for. It made sense for level 115 craftable gear to be purple on launch because item level 326 was generally BiS aside from a few loot-box-drop exceptions. It no longer makes any sense now that item level 326 gear is on the -lower- end of the gear-spectrum for end-game. So, for Crafted, non-ashes Gear: yellow for 106, purple for 110, and... item-level 326 teal at the cap- with the IL-330+ crafted gear remaining as-is.

    Aside from the Crafting solution, there's something else that I've never really understood.

    Why not... have only class-appropriate ashes-items drop? It was always strange to me, on my Champ on Landy, to find "Will bracelets" and "agility bows" dropping on my character's pending loot. Maybe more of a compromise is the better solution here. Honestly, drops for my class were rarer, and though there's still a fair chunk that came through the leveling process, it was always sparse, few and far between, with -NO- farming involved. The main thing that seems to make "ash farming" lucrative is the fact that a Guard can earn LM bracelets and Warden helmets, Hunter bows, and Minstrel's swords, etc.

    So... why not simply re-work the drops, so that instead of eliminating them entirely, they become rarer drops, and only class-appropriate items may drop for a particular player class? Why not make it so that Heavies may only earn heavy-oriented gear and jewellery, same for Mediums, and same for Lights? By making the drops rarer, as they were in, say, Lang Rhuven in the Wastes update, would this not -discourage- farming if... it really wasn't worth hanging-around a camp for hours with a group waiting for -1- class-appropriate random drop in a period of half a day of playing-time? There's ways to make farming -very- inconvenient for players without completely removing everything- such as that one. Make it so that farming is -de-incentivized- while not punishing the rest of the player-base.

    Whether the crafting solution, or the class-only-drops solution- I have no preference- so long as -something- is done to fix the problem without... ruining the leveling process for many other folks who never farmed in Mordor.

    Thanks for listening
    Last edited by Phantion; Nov 12 2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    336
    "Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth."

    Is there any chance that this sentence means that incomparable equipment still will drop but can't be disenchanted into Ash?
    Farm as if there is no tomorrow, cook as if there is no health inspection!

    When in game, no thoughts of the forums, when on the forums, the game fades. The former is preferable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    53
    Omg all people do is cry. Ever notice how a certain item, I think it's the crafted pocket or the necklace, can't be disenchanted? There's a good chance thats what they meant, it wasn't that they were removing the teal gear from dropping, merely that they wouldn't be able to be disenchanted. Quite frankly I'm disenchanted with the lot of you. I managed to go through mordor on multiple toons just fine with the yellow gear given to me from the quests. I fail to see why others can't. On some of the harder toons to level i.e. Guard because I run a blue guard and I don't play red, I managed to find a group in every region without looking in lff, they were just there so I tagged along if I needed a bit of help With dps. Same goes for my Aria'd mini, I had no problem. Mordor was meant to be a challenge, not a region that can be done in a matter of hours like previous regions. Ssg is catering too much to the casuals. also worth noting, CoS at 105 drops purple gear. People are forgetting this is an MMO, if you want a game that requires absolutely no grouping, go play something else.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    If you truly wish to remove such gear, then please, please, please, just give players a quest that gives them a total make-over of yellow-gear- or make level 106 yellow crafting items added to the Gorgoroth tier- primarily because Teal Gear was a means of aiding players in the LEVELING (*caps for emphasis) process throughout Mordor. Some yellow gear came from quests. So did some purple. So did some teal. Even so, a good portion of gear still came from random, Teal-quality landscape drops. By removing teal drops entirely, it'll make leveling alts HARDER to the point of torment. I know that Mordor is meant to be challenging, but trust me, it already -is- challenging, even with the teal drops. By removing the teal drops, you'll harm a whole branch of your player-base that was NOT ash-farming, but just questing like regular through the landscape, applying whatever Light of Earendil a player could get.
    For me the big issue that my LM as my first character through to level 115, I did not find any difference against mobs when I had 115 teal gear on compared to the random yellow, and purple, and some teal items I had equipped before. I only experienced an improvement when I went to the AH to buy a LI relic for base tactical damage increase. So I thought to myself, why am I grinding for teal gear when the fights against landscape mobs in Mordor seemed no different? It was at this conclusion that I decided to not do the dailies or anything end game, and avoided the instances after hearing how badly coded they were etc. I have lost all motivation to continue with my level 115 character and are effectively parking them until the next landscape quests come out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    The frank crux of the problem is that by removing virtually all non-quest teal gear from level 106 to level 115, it discourages leveling, makes the challenge too tough / unbalanced, and it makes it hard for players to keep-up with their LoE as they level. I just don't understand why the only apparent solution to ash-farming is the complete obliteration of one of Mordor's central features- the finding of treasure to aid in the leveling process. It kind of makes that whole... element of the expansion become absolutely pointless.
    I agree on this point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    Aside from the Crafting solution, there's something else that I've never really understood.

    Why not... have only class-appropriate ashes-items drop? It was always strange to me, on my Champ on Landy, to find "Will bracelets" and "agility bows" dropping on my character's pending loot. Maybe more of a compromise is the better solution here. Honestly, drops for my class were rarer, and though there's still a fair chunk that came through the leveling process, it was always sparse, few and far between, with -NO- farming involved. The main thing that seems to make "ash farming" lucrative is the fact that a Guard can earn LM bracelets and Warden helmets, Hunter bows, and Minstrel's swords, etc.
    I still think there has been some crafty coding to ensure that an item for your class stats remains more elusive to keep you going. I have played a LM and found might and agility items dropped way higher proportions than will, and then for my Hunter there were plenty of might drops but did get a good run of agility items. Then my champ kept getting loads of will items and then my minstrel kept getting loads of might items. Seriously?

  5. #5
    Look, I'm not whining about the difficulty. I like a landscape challenge. Just think it should be a reasonable one (i.e. what it -currently- is). I've grouped in several areas in Mordor, had fun.

    I happened to have fun on day 1 of Mordor. Got some teal stuff, got some yellow- had a decent landscape challenge. It was fun. All I'm asking SSG to do is to try to avoid removing that reality while at the same time addressing the farming issue- that's all. I hope they do just plan on removing the disenchantment while keeping incomparable gear dropping- making it like the crafted gear. No crafted gear may be disenchanted- not just necklaces or pocket items. Ideally, I'm fine with them not adding any more crafted stuff- so long as they keep the current range of stuff dropping (without the ability to disenchant). I had suggested the crafting stuff only if -they removed all the other drops-. A big part of the fun of Mordor was finding cool stuff at random- whether grouping or solo- at least for me. Hopefully they won't change that.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

    .

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    If you truly wish to remove such gear, then please, please, please, just give players a quest that gives them a total make-over of yellow-gear- or make level 106 yellow crafting items added to the Gorgoroth tier
    I agree with the general sentiment of adding a crafted set of gear between 106 and 115. However I think this gear should be level 110 and not 106.

    I've now run five characters through all of Mordor and have found that 105 gear works fine to get started in Udun. And the quest rewards also are more than good enough to get one through the first three zones of Mordor. Then one hits what I call the Talath Úrui wall. At this point the quest reward gear is not enough. I challenge any developer to do this zone at level 112 using this gear alone. The only solution I've found is to make sure you are level 115 by the time you hit this fourth area and can equip you character with crafted 115 gear that has both sufficient radiance/light and stats to actually be able to do it.

    Having level 110 crafted gear would make it possible for many players I know to get through Talath Úrui and finish the Mordor expansion they bought. Right now I know several players who have simply declared "Mordor is a mess" and stopped playing at this point.

    P.S. No I don't expect to actually see anything more added to crafting that is not simply the last step in some other grind.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkenstoneCreeper View Post
    Omg all people do is cry. Ever notice how a certain item, I think it's the crafted pocket or the necklace, can't be disenchanted? There's a good chance thats what they meant, it wasn't that they were removing the teal gear from dropping, merely that they wouldn't be able to be disenchanted. Quite frankly I'm disenchanted with the lot of you. I managed to go through mordor on multiple toons just fine with the yellow gear given to me from the quests. I fail to see why others can't. On some of the harder toons to level i.e. Guard because I run a blue guard and I don't play red, I managed to find a group in every region without looking in lff, they were just there so I tagged along if I needed a bit of help With dps. Same goes for my Aria'd mini, I had no problem. Mordor was meant to be a challenge, not a region that can be done in a matter of hours like previous regions. Ssg is catering too much to the casuals. also worth noting, CoS at 105 drops purple gear. People are forgetting this is an MMO, if you want a game that requires absolutely no grouping, go play something else.
    You're really stretching if you think that is what they meant.

    8 pages in the General section, and lots of complaints all over the forum and they have not commented. You really think that's what they meant? They already replied to the Black Steel Keys problem, but they couldn't have replied with " Oh we meant that they can't be disintegrated, not that they wouldn't drop at all." <-- Took me 5 seconds to type.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload