We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How relevant are my character's specs in Mounted Combat?

I'm still trying to figure out mounted combat. To what extent are my character's (as opposed to my mount's) armor, stats, crit rating, finesse, mastery, resistance, parry, evade, etc. relevant in mounted combat? For example, I find myself taking massive amounts of damage from certain warbands (I'm looking at you, Skutog, you scumbag!!). So I'm thinking maybe I should try equipping some gear that gives me some Critical Defense. Would that resulting increased Critical Defense rating carry over into mounted combat?
    Last edited by PrairieDog; Nov 11 2017 at 02:13 AM.

The better your hero stats the more effective is your mounted combat. In addition to that, you should also look at your type of horse and the saddle you are using. As well as which type of horse you choose in the traitpanel.

A heavy warsteed has 160 Armour, 60 more than a light warsteed with just 100 armour.
    Armor does increase the dmg mitigation. All horses soak up most of the dmg until their endurance (horse morale) reaches 0.

You can also add more armour and endurance via traitpanel (wikilink). On top of the 3 branches is a row with basic stats for your horse.
    Saddles can provide more defence legacies aswell.

Personally I boost endurance on both my tank and hunter's horses. I also use light horses because they are more nimble. But this makes them also less bulky.

It is hard to give you more advice until you tell me what your class is and which warstead you want to use. But generally you should look at the blue line and spend some points there, if you want to soak up more dmg while riding.
    If you still feel to weak, that is mostly because some warbands are designed for groups, meaning a tank, heal + dmg.

Tanks keep their bpe stats on horses when they fight with their shield.
    Same for finesse etc. Your finesse gets added to the stats from mounted combat traits. You should be able to check that in your character panel. Open it before and after you mount the warsteed.

But having some crit def in general isn't a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    It is hard to give you more advice until you tell me what your class is and which warstead you want to use.
    Thanks for the advice, Schinderhannes! I'm a level 85 redline (Bowmaster) hunter with a level 30 light war-steed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    ... But generally you should look at the blue line and spend some points there, if you want to soak up more dmg while riding.
    Blue line of your mount is what is meant here. Rohirrim, I think.
    Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.
    Albert Einstein