We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    People are just dumb and dont know how to play anymore, I guess I shouldnt blame f2p players since they never knew better.
    What the ...

Come on now, that is just ridiculous. Someone is F2P means they don't know any better?

Wait Araphorn just became free to play. Araphorn is now officially a "a dumb free to play don't know any better" player.

In the end your one segment of a player base, there are 100 other different players with different styles, reasons for playing, etc. We should not just slam the door on their opinions and views.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Whilst I personally am opposed to the idea of having raid/instance gear drop from lootboxes or be available from landscape barters I can understand that there is a rather large amount of players in LOTRO who hate the idea of grouping up with other people in order to gear up their toons for landscape content.

With that in mind I propose a slight compromise: Bartered/Lootbox gear have their stats disabled during instances. The landscape crowd can gear up however they like on landscape whilst the raiders can stick to the standard gear progression system that best suits their style of play. Raid progression itself would be wholly unaffected by any pay to win elements as nobody could bypass the typical gearing up stage that takes place in the first few weeks/months.

As an added bonus this system would ensure that landscape players and raiders remain at a roughly equivalent level of gear whenever new content is released.
    If players purchase gear (which is essentially what they are doing with the proposed ash prices) let them use it however they see fit.
    If anything, it may encourage more players to participate in instances / raids who otherwise may not have had the opportunity.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    So... I see how this bandaid needs to happen on live sooner or later...
    but please just rework the landscape loot system instead of doing this in the long term. And if you hesitate making landscape loot fair, then at least stop giving any interesting loot in landscape at all and stop repeating the same mistake for future updates... interesting landscape loot that got farmed to death with farmraids happened since Rohan... Time to learn from mistakes or people see intentions - bad ones.

Besides that... many interesting fixes... Mordor gets more and more interesting. Cant wait getting in there in "winter" (or sooner if there is a bundle without valar or just blackfriday sale for half the price :P).
    So now the best in slot will be lootbox only since ash gear will barely drop on landscape and not everyone farnms a t2 instance for ash, its a blatant push to buy lootbox keys and to me a disgrace that they are doing it.

Oh well,
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Just some quick comments on parts of itemization.

If you look at the output for will classes: SSG, please do not repeat the same mistakes again!

///

New Warden Carvings have the same output for crits / non crits. DPS version is still inferior to Throne Carving. Tank versions are ok, still inferior if compared to others, e.g. new RK chisel.

The moral-gap between might and agiility tank gear due to diffrent stat distribution of vitality is something I did not understand since mordor release. The gap currently leads to > 8.300 more morale on might tanks.
    Armor value gap between might and agi now differs for 20.000.
    Warden Shields: Block on DPS Shield and Double Crit. Def on Tank Shield is another one of those wounderful itemization issues...

///

Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by EmmeraldFireFox View Post
    What the ...

Come on now, that is just ridiculous. Someone is F2P means they don't know any better?

Wait Araphorn just became free to play. Araphorn is now officially a "a dumb free to play don't know any better" player.

In the end your one segment of a player base, there are 100 other different players with different styles, reasons for playing, etc. We should not just slam the door on their opinions and views.
    People who started post F2P who haven't seen content before they made it easy...

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    People who started post F2P who haven't seen content before they made it easy...
    Interesting. We add qualifiers to the dumb player statement.....ok.

• Players that started playing after F2P
    • Content is easy after the F2P model

Not sure if your trolling now.

• There are plenty of players that have come after the F2P launch that are outstanding players
    • There are plenty of "so-so" players that were playing before F2P launch and are still playing
    • Some of the Better / Challenging Raid / Grp Content has come after F2P model
      • Throne Raid 2T
      • DoS/SL/RC Instances
      • Saruman - ToO Raid
      • ToO - Cluster
      • OD Raid/Cluster

• I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the player base and grp content items
    • For this Raid, we have to see what will come from it. Many view it as make or break, but we have been down that road before.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Many view it as make or break, but we have been down that road before.
    "Many"? No, you're wrong. For those many, it was "break" quite a long time ago. This game loses players by the month.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Not sure if your trolling now.
    When that question applies to siipperi, the answer should never be in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    [*]Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth.
    Yea like a lot of people who have posted already I don't understand the logic of this decision. It would be nice if an explanation could accompany this change. I am a casual player and the only reason why I have a reasonable amount of ash so far (~1250) is because of landscape drops. i have taken only one character through Mordor, and haven't participated in any of the ash farms. I have de-ashed a couple of the Allegiance rewards and may have gotten 200 Ash once from a box, but that's about it.

So if I want to try to start systematically upgrading my gear to better stuff, how am I supposed to do that? The ash crafting recipe is a joke because of the super-rare ingredient required and the long cool down, for only a very minimal ash output. I suppose I can use all of these now-useless Tokens of Service to get stuff to deconstruct. Or use the Signets for the same purpose? Is that the intended design? Then why not just allow us to trade Signets/Tokens for ash directly, and remove the gear middleman?

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    I supported this game by paying VIP non stop for 8+ years and countless TP purchases, not gonna anymore with this new P2W ideology. I've encouraged friends to do the same, and all of them are going down the same path as me.
    WOW!

I don't know Araphorn personally, but he's been a long-time and valued contributor to the game and to the community. He's made countless players better. I really hope SSG is listening. Just incredible the number of unforced errors the Developers continue to commit.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

Hmm, so people are just now realizing SSG has no idea what they are doing. Should have known from when they put BIS gear in a flower picking activity. I hope you guys save your money and find a game that actually listens tbh.

I don't have any interest in raid or instances. Heck, I barely can find energy to do those same dailies over and over again in order to get a key and play that lottery once a day. But I read the patch notes, hoping there might be something for us soloers as well. And there was!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth.

A big fat nerf! I am not sure which irritates me more, a slap in the face for soloers who don't have ANY other means of getting good gear while levelling, OR this typical trend of watching people farm in big raids in SOLO LANDSCAPE areas for a while and thus abusing the system, and THEN reacting to it much later, when those who have been doing these ash farms have all the ash they ever need and "legit" players are the ones who suffer.

Mordor ash drops (including teals) from random landscape mobs was nice blast from the past when there was a small chance of getting something actually useful from any random orc instead of few silver and a currency coin that became later a norm, and with ash system, even those items that you could not wear, you could always convert to ash (currency). But if this frankly idiotic idea goes live, it means it takes away the last enjoyable thing for me to bring alts through Mordor. Seems like it's time to park my toons and wait until next story update.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Funny, I was going to propose that raid gear is not valid in landscape so that it doesn't become "faceroll" for you.

Some landscape players might enjoy an instance here or there. Are you proposing that now we need instance gear to play instances? That means we are totally locked out of that content.
    Err, no?

I mean, you essentially have to do landscape content to get gear before doing instance content in the first place. Basically I'm proposing that when you finish doing the landscape content, you can either grind out the barter gear on landscape or start doing instances for instance gear and eventually raid gear. At the end of the day you would have a system of progression for landscape gear that doesn't impact on raid progression in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    If players purchase gear (which is essentially what they are doing with the proposed ash prices) let them use it however they see fit.
    If anything, it may encourage more players to participate in instances / raids who otherwise may not have had the opportunity.
    If people pay for an advantage they are well within their rights to use it in an activity which does not affect other players (typically landscape, I suppose I am also suggesting that said barter gear is not active in PvP either). Instance content and PvP actually involves other players, in this case you should not be able to "buy" your way into groups or "buy" an advantage over other players.

Granted, there's not much point in me trying to reason with a player who is already carrying around enough ash to gear most of their toons on day one of U21.3.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Granted, there's not much point in me trying to reason with a player who is already carrying around enough ash to gear most of their toons on day one of U21.3.
    I wonder if that's why he's the only person in the thread trying to make reason of SSG's pay to win : D

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    No way to progressively acquire ash gear from land scape between levels 107 to 112 will seriously diadvantage new player coming to the game for new content . Instances on tier 1, some quest areas and crafting instances are difficult without some L o E. The former crafting, barter system and gear, ie progression systems were designed around soloers being able to complete all the quests dailies etc. Changing this will render Mordor offputting/too difficult. The ash cap could solve potential problems with hoarding and insta gearing if handled well. But removing ash landscape drops completely is guaranteed to create more drama and problems.
    SSG suddenly stepped up through Cordovan's livestream and said they made a mistake.'' It's on us'' , ''Our bad'' blablabla
    This is all nonsense.
    Truth is , they want to milk freeloaders that will buy Mordor with LP.
    There is NOT A SINGLE possibility they didn't know about ash farm raids , auto-clickers , macro users , AFK LMs which resulted in people hoarding tens ( if not hundreds ) of thousands of ash those last few months.

Reminder : They patched Lhingris quest orc trackers months ago and recently nerfed agarnaith uruk camp. So yeah , THEY KNEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    Making raid gear available through gamble boxes ( you gamble on the rng being kind using valuable in game or real life resources) is inexcusable.
    Actually , it gets better.
    Jewellery from the boxes can be even better than the raid drops , since there is a item lvl RNG every time you get a gear piece.
    But when it comes to the raid. You get a token that always awards ilvl 337 jewel from raid barterer.
    However , there is a recipe for Neck and Pocket that will be craftable and ofc requires a raid drop. Those will be ilvl 339 i believe..
    The rest of the jewels are BIS from lootbox.

Currently the only items that will be raid only are the set bonuses and maybe the new relics ( who knows , those might end up on a lootbox too )

Now , as a person who loves raiding , my biggest issue is that it breaks every sense of character progression and achievement.
    When raid hits live , there will be 3 paths that people will follow.

Path1: People that hoarded many thousands of ashes will simply get all the gear/jewels from ash barterer and clear the raid faster than anyone with live gear.
    Path2: People that stock up Hundreds of keys , will open hundreds of lootboxes on day 1 , and get even better gear than those that followed path1 , due to potentially better item levels and also chest + leggings ( those don't exist on ash barterer , but drop from lootboxes ). If a specific piece doesn't drop , they'll simply ash barter it.Thus , even bigger advantage compared to live gear players.
    Path3: People will simply pay to win their @$$ off to get keys and follow path2.

All those paths , are cheesy and depressing , and reflect the sad reality of today's MMO scene on quite a few titles.
    Thing is , Lotro never used to be that bad. Sure , there was a stat tome and solvent as years passed , but at least gear itself was gated behind gameplay.
    We went from "We will never sell end-game gear'' to ''We will sell all gear other than set-bonuses''....
    It's obvious where this leads us , like 2 years from now , if they ever ar$e to develop instances again , they will sell all gear with no exceptions , and most likely , acquiring stuff in-game will involve even more ultra grind than what we have now , in order to support p2w.

If this is the Lotro of the future , i hope it just dies sooner rather than later.
    Then some of us might shed a tear , life will go on and another company is going to create a new LOTR universe game.
    The IP is priceless , there is even talk of a TV series theme , we have NOT seen the last of it just yet. : )

Anyway , i've whined enough already.

My final plea to the dev team or whoever is in charge of this atrocity , is this :
    Leave the ash barterers as is , even add the set bonus gear on them , but gate all teal gear behind t2 completion and purple gear behind t1.
    That way , people can simply do the raid once and pay to win all the gear if they want. But at least they WILL HAVE STEPPED ON IT and do SOME kind of effort other than AFK farm or pay FF$.
    Inflate the prices as much as you like if you have to, i don't care.
    Also , leave the landscape drops exactly as they are , and simply switch from ash to gorgoroth to a different currency when we get to north Mirkwood and Dale.

RIP
    Last edited by BotLike; Nov 11 2017 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    SSG suddenly stepped up through Cordovan's livestream and said they made a mistake.'' It's on us'' , ''Our bad'' blablabla
    This is all nonsense.
    Truth is , they want to milk freeloaders that will buy Mordor with LP.
    There is NOT A SINGLE possibility they didn't know about ash farm raids , auto-clickers , macro users , AFK LMs which resulted in people hoarding tens ( if not hundreds ) of thousands of ash those last few months.

Reminder : They patched Lhingris quest orc trackers months ago and recently nerfed agarnaith uruk camp. So yeah , THEY KNEW.

Actually , it gets better.
    Jewellery from the boxes can be even better than the raid drops , since there is a item lvl RNG every time you get a gear piece.
    But when it comes to the raid. You get a token that always awards ilvl 337 jewel from raid barterer.
    However , there is a recipe for Neck and Pocket that will be craftable and ofc requires a raid drop. Those will be ilvl 339 i believe..
    The rest of the jewels are BIS from lootbox.

Currently the only items that will be raid only are the set bonuses and maybe the new relics ( who knows , those might end up on a lootbox too )

Now , as a person who loves raiding , my biggest issue is that it breaks every sense of character progression and achievement.
    When raid hits live , there will be 3 paths that people will follow.

Path1: People that hoarded many thousands of ashes will simply get all the gear/jewels from ash barterer and clear the raid faster than anyone with live gear.
    Path2: People that stock up Hundreds of keys , will open hundreds of lootboxes on day 1 , and get even better gear than those that followed path1 , due to potentially better item levels and also chest + leggings ( those don't exist on ash barterer , but drop from lootboxes ). If a specific piece doesn't drop , they'll simply ash barter it.Thus , even bigger advantage compared to live gear players.
    Path3: People will simply pay to win their @$$ off to get keys and follow path2.

All those paths , are cheesy and depressing , and reflect the sad reality of today's MMO scene on quite a few titles.
    Thing is , Lotro never used to be that bad. Sure , there was a stat tome and solvent as years passed , but at least gear itself was gated behind gameplay.
    We went from "We will never sell end-game gear'' to ''We will sell all gear other than set-bonuses''....
    It's obvious where this leads us , like 2 years from now , if they ever ar$e to develop instances again , they will sell all gear with no exceptions , and most likely , acquiring stuff in-game will involve even more ultra grind than what we have now , in order to support p2w.

If this is the Lotro of the future , i hope it just dies sooner rather than later.
    Then some of us might shed a tear , life will go on and another company is going to create a new LOTR universe game.
    The IP is priceless , there is even talk of a TV series theme , we have NOT seen the last of it just yet. : )

Anyway , i've whined enough already.

My final plea to the dev team or whoever is in charge of this atrocity , is this :
    Leave the ash barterers as is , even add the set bonus gear on them , but gate all teal gear behind t2 completion and purple gear behind t1.
    That way , people can simply do the raid once and pay to win all the gear if they want. But at least they WILL HAVE STEPPED ON IT and do SOME kind of effort other than AFK farm or pay FF$.
    Inflate the prices as much as you like if you have to, i don't care.
    Also , leave the landscape drops exactly as they are , and simply switch from ash to gorgoroth to a different currency when we get to north Mirkwood and Dale.

RIP

Why on earth do you think SSG would make ash barter stuff deed gated?
    This would fly in the face of the main object of selling as many keys as possible, which since mordor has launched and the inclusion of BiS gear in lootbox they have constantly proved is the main focus of mordor.

End of the day they are on a path many of us dont agree with but we wont change it IMO, Devs had already stated raid is the only way to get "some" BiS gear and other bits will be from other avenues , This should of prepared you that most BiS gear wont be from raid and its all about the $$.

When you have Players that have subbed for 8+ years non stop leaving and done all the raids it shows really for a lot of players the game we all loved has gone and we are left with its shell for aslong as some of us wish to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    "Many"? No, you're wrong. For those many, it was "break" quite a long time ago. This game loses players by the month.
    Fair Enough, there are still some of "us" holding on. Call it Faith, craziness, stupidity, etc. We are still here trying to keep this thing going. Believe it or not, I do have an emotional attachment here. My "Internet Family Kin" have gone through a lot in the years here (from beta), a shame for us not to keep pushing, pulling, trying to make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    When that question applies to siipperi, the answer should never be in doubt.
    LOL, Siiperi has discussed valid pts many times. This time, I am going to say it was a Troll Reply / Post.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    This is actually the most reasonable suggestion I've seen.

So much anger, sauron approves.

I'm confused. So how are we supposed to earn ash to use at the barter NPCs? Unless you remove the key requirement on the blue gorgoroth chests, I don't see how it doesn't take someone a ridiculous amount of time.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Here is a list of things that I'd like to draw attention to.

Gorgoroth Runes

There is currently no way to Refine unwanted Gorgoroth Runes.

Item Level 345 Essences

You should be able to barter these directly for an essence picker box instead of 3 crafting items. If, at some point in the future, you add new tiers of essences to the system it would be okay to get 3 crafting items.

Gold Rings Upgrade?

I didn't see a way to upgrade the gold rings further at any of the vendors. If you do add this option please make them have 18, or more, light.

Will Gear Itemization

Please don't have identical versions of the same item in both the Wyrm and Abyss vendors. I saw one item with Finesse on it in both categories. One category should not have Finesse, or Evade, on any pieces. The other category should not have any Outgoing healing, or Evade, on any pieces.

Allegiance Reputation Items

It was nice that you changed the stack size of these items from 5 to 100, but 100 is still too restrictive. The stack size should be at least 1000. I'd prefer a stack size of 10,000.

New Volume Bars

It was a nice idea to be able to adjust the volume bars of players individually. The issue I have with the implementation is that I often ended up clicking that tiny icon when attempting to click on another player in my group. I'd love to see the icon removed and the volume slider added to the right click menu.
    Last edited by Mercho; Nov 12 2017 at 04:12 AM.

Remove the ashes cap or at least make it 30k from 10k.Low cap means no motivation to do dailies for gathering keys.I dont want to check my cap all the time before i open a lootbox.Some of us have many alts to do dailies or money to buy keys cause we want gather ashes and be prepard for the next updates dont take this away from us.Remove the commedation cap also at ettens or make it 30k that too we always have to go back and spend comms in useless things most of the times cause we reach cap fast.
    Fix the 6 men instance and give it to people at least one month before the raid.Mordor have only 2 instances and one of them is unplayable...
    Do not hurry to release fast the raid with buggs test it well first, we dont have any more patience for another bugged instance...
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

I'm not 115 yet, and haven't been near the end-game, but what I'm hearing makes me nervous. Again SSG you're upsetting much of your playerbase, as if the Moria pricing/pre-purchase content wasn't enough. You need to stop this. People will leave the game, stop subscribing, and you're answering by making the game pay to win? Why not listen to feedback instead, so you don't have to go to pay to win measures, and people will pay for the game on a natural basis instead?

Oh, and the Statue of Sauron.. I'm not sure we should fill up our gardens with statues of Sauron..? He's dead and gone and all, but wouldn't us doing this only attract evil? From a "cultural heritage" point of view, I can understand they could be interesting statues to have, as a historical artefact and a memory of Mordor (to whoever wants that anyway), but still, wouldn't they be scary to have in your gardens?? Same thing with the Mordor Door. Weird.

Make neighbourhoods Mordor free again!
    Last edited by Brethwyn_EU; Nov 12 2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

Whilst I personally am opposed to the idea of having raid/instance gear drop from lootboxes or be available from landscape barters I can understand that there is a rather large amount of players in LOTRO who hate the idea of grouping up with other people in order to gear up their toons for landscape content.

With that in mind I propose a slight compromise: Bartered/Lootbox gear have their stats disabled during instances. The landscape crowd can gear up however they like on landscape whilst the raiders can stick to the standard gear progression system that best suits their style of play. Raid progression itself would be wholly unaffected by any pay to win elements as nobody could bypass the typical gearing up stage that takes place in the first few weeks/months.

As an added bonus this system would ensure that landscape players and raiders remain at a roughly equivalent level of gear whenever new content is released.
    I am not against gear dropping in lootboxes for landscape (I.E. the stuff we can barter ash for now). my problem is when stuff in lootboxes is BETTER than what we can aquire in the game. WHICH IS WHATS HAPPENING. Now with Raid gear, that should be far away from lootboxes and barters should have something simliar not the same gear that can be acquired in the raid. People playing landscape only DO NOT NEED THE RAD GEAR. There is enough gear in the game right now on live to go way over 200 light and make Mordor a walk in the park in you know how to play your class. So there are issues. The sad thing is, as more and more people claim they do not mind, the game becomes more and more pay to gear and soon, our only option to gear a toon will be opening lottery boxes.

these gambling lottery boxes in all games has gotten so out of hand. It is ruining the game for me and others. Especially Lotro. its not Middle Earth. there is rhyme or reason for them

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    Players who purchase gear should never be able to purchase gear. That is the major issue. The more people are OK with it, the less we can do in game. Or do you all want Lotro... The Lootbox expansion.... Come enjoy spening hundreds on keys to maybe get 1 piece of gear you need to do the 1 instance we made where the reward is a new lootbox. Cause thats where this game is heading. Its pathetic and its sad.
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I am not against gear dropping in lootboxes for landscape (I.E. the stuff we can barter ash for now). my problem is when stuff in lootboxes is BETTER than what we can aquire in the game. WHICH IS WHATS HAPPENING. Now with Raid gear, that should be far away from lootboxes and barters should have something simliar not the same gear that can be acquired in the raid. People playing landscape only DO NOT NEED THE RAD GEAR. There is enough gear in the game right now on live to go way over 200 light and make Mordor a walk in the park in you know how to play your class. So there are issues. The sad thing is, as more and more people claim they do not mind, the game becomes more and more pay to gear and soon, our only option to gear a toon will be opening lottery boxes.
    I mostly take an issue with how the lootbox gear affects instance progression. Typically when MMO's launch a raid you end up farming the first few bosses you can reach for a bit until you can gear up to a level that allows you to tackle the next few bosses. This kind of system improves raid longevity as it insures you need to be playing through a couple of lock resets in order to progress rather than being able to just brute force it all within a week. Having high level gear available on landscape or lootboxes kinda just bypasses this aspect of progression.

As far as people who play landscape only not needing raid gear... I fully agree. There is absolutely no reason to be at a raid tier of gear on landscape content but if U19 flower gear taught us anything it's that some players will desperately argue for the right to be at the same level of gear as raiders without having to hop through the same hoops that raiders do. The whole "Disable the raid tier barter gear" idea was an attempt to offer a compromise on that front: If you want to be at the same level of gear as raiders then you absolutely can do that via landscape content but if you want to do instance content then you absolutely must go through the progression system that raiders follow.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast