We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 148
  1. #26

    Angry No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth.
    No, just no. It's admirable that you are finally taking action against ash farming but this is not the way to go. If you are doing this, increase the amount of ash we get from disenchanting over all, and add more places that reward a set number of ash. Make the resource instances hand out 50 each or something, and give another 50 for each full run of Court of Seregost. Because the way I see it now is that the mechanic that supposedly made gearing up for all playstyles possible is now getting nerfed so bad that the only way to still acquire it reliably is through the store. I'm not 100% against a cap, or making steps to remove ash raids, but please, for the love of god, don't do this without supplying a alternative that is at least close to being as good. Also remove those raid pieces from the lootbox. You already got enough people buying keys for the ash alone, even considering putting actual raid pieces in lootboxes is a disgrace.
    The road goes ever on.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronimli View Post
    No, just no. It's admirable that you are finally taking action against ash farming but this is not the way to go. If you are doing this, increase the amount of ash we get from disenchanting over all, and add more places that reward a set number of ash. Make the resource instances hand out 50 each or something, and give another 50 for each full run of Court of Seregost. Because the way I see it now is that the mechanic that supposedly made gearing up for all playstyles possible is now getting nerfed so bad that the only way to still acquire it reliably is through the store. I'm not 100% against a cap, or making steps to remove ash raids, but please, for the love of god, don't do this without supplying a alternative that is at least close to being as good. Also remove those raid pieces from the lootbox. You already got enough people buying keys for the ash alone, even considering putting actual raid pieces in lootboxes is a disgrace.
    Quoted for thruth!.

    I don't raid, and I have no need for raid gear.

    In my humble opinion NO ONE who doesn't raid needs raid gear.

    I like having good loot from the lootboxes, gives me more reasons to play in the excellent Mordor landscape, but raid gear? seriously?

    Introduce some other ways to get ashes from playing the content you have introduced, from the instances for example, and you have eliminated ash raids, but do NOT remove good gear from mob drops without compensating us in another way.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnination View Post
    Look at that - a t2 raid offhand, out of a lootbox.



    Look at that - a t2 raid offhand, out of a lootbox.

    Why. Take ash out of the landscape, put raid gear in lootboxes...
    ...................... The route this game has taken makes me sad.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    Chest & Leggings are not available via Ash Barter.
    Yep , apparently they do drop from lootbox though : DDD

    Funny quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Edit: One point of clarification; there are upgraded items in the raid that are better than anything a player can get with a lootbox.
    I guess thats only true for set bonus gear since all the rest drop and are exactly the same.... Lulz

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,587
    What is this general lack of a chest and legs barter gear and lack of shields for that matter too?

    Have SSG hired some homunculus dev that has no concept of these body parts and their need for protection?

    +18 LoE Gear?

    So will the raid requiring 250, 300 LoE? Will it ramp up progressing through? So is the +14 gear no good already?

    I'm struggling: If our current gear is not enough LoE then we have to get the raid gear before we raid? If it is enough then who needs the raid gear? When we had a proper cluster, as in instance cluster not cluster f$$k, we got gear to run the raid from instances. Or at least the gear along the way to complete it.

    After saying the +14 LoE barter was meant as a backup for instance drop RNG we have this stuff drop from lootbox and ash barter again? But with a cap on ash now, hmmm yeah lets trust SSG with setting this limit, first pass that was less than the cost of an item at the barterer, yeah that'll work out.

    What did you guys at SSG think when you made ash Account bound. If you had left it at char bound the ash cap would be fine but with this move you kill off alts again. The move to account bound was to help alts and in a stroke you ruin it.

    The elbow is half way down your arm.

    Mac

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    "Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth"


    That is certainly not the only reason why we want these to drop in landscape. The only reason I made it through early Mordor was that teal armor had been dropping in Durthang when I was lvl 107 and needed it to survive. Until you can afford and use lvl 112 gear you have to rely on landscape drops. Please, please don't remove these!
    Or allow ALL instances a chance to drop light gear from chests.

    This is a stupid idea. Don't railroad players.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,904
    No way to progressively acquire ash gear from land scape between levels 107 to 112 will seriously diadvantage new player coming to the game for new content . Instances on tier 1, some quest areas and crafting instances are difficult without some L o E. The former crafting, barter system and gear, ie progression systems were designed around soloers being able to complete all the quests dailies etc. Changing this will render Mordor offputting/too difficult. The ash cap could solve potential problems with hoarding and insta gearing if handled well. But removing ash landscape drops completely is guaranteed to create more drama and problems.

    Making raid gear available through gamble boxes ( you gamble on the rng being kind using valuable in game or real life resources) is inexcusable.


    Raiders hate it because it devalues their achievements.

    Parents hate it because it encourages betting....and the game is PG13.

    Gamers hate it because it is lazy and poor game design.People will run a well designed raid for 6 months to get a server first. This stops content from being irrelevant. People still run some old instances in this game for titles and the fun. Making a poor raid leads to making it all about acquiring the loot. Making the raid loot available from any lootbox/lockbox loot table makes the raid irrelevant or diminished. HIgh dev resource content expires quickly if the rewards are obtainable elsewhere and it not necessary to run.

    Gear progression* is a fundamental part of this game. All reward systems have to be designed with this in mind. It is too late and the game too old to redesign it around a whole new progression system so all loot tables and loot sources have to be designed within these parameters.edit *This includes LIs buffs armour jewellery and essences

    The very reason you, ssg, say you are reducing the drop rate of ash and introducing a cap is so we don't get the better/best gear and loot too quickly. So we have incentives to continue to play and replay content that takes high resources to develop. Putting raid gear in boxes makes a nonsense of your argument on so many levels.
    Last edited by Calta; Nov 11 2017 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Typo

    And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

  8. #33
    I have no doubt that some of the fights in the raid will go over 250-300 LoE, this is so people open lootboxes and barter gear BEFORE actually doing the raid. I have already seen reports of people finding HIGHER ilvl gear 338+ from lootboxes, which is better than the raid drops. I've just had it with this new team, my last hope was the raid, and now seeing there's going to be better drops from lootboxes than the raid... I'm not gonna support this any longer. I mean seriously?.... Complete RNG loot from the raid and barter set on 20k Ash to get a complete set...

    I did something last night that I should have done when SSG was formed.





    I supported this game by paying VIP non stop for 8+ years and countless TP purchases, not gonna anymore with this new P2W ideology. I've encouraged friends to do the same, and all of them are going down the same path as me.


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    I supported this game by paying VIP non stop for 8+ years and countless TP purchases, not gonna anymore with this new P2W ideology. I've encouraged friends to do the same, and all of them are going down the same path as me.
    I've long waited this raid for over a year and they managed to make me doubt whether i play it or not ; /
    When they did the anniversary livestream and Pinion announced it , i was actually shaking and almost danced on my house HAHAHAHA
    Now look at this , i feel so stupid i had any faith in this team.

    They only reason i am not cancelling sub is because its lifetime and i love shoving it up their ###

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    795
    At this point, playing Lotro feels more like playing slots than playing a MMO at endgame.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  11. #36

    Unhappy

    Hey Araphorn,

    I really admire you for beeing that consequent and ofc understand your reasons. Nevertheless, although we never played on the same server / timezone, I really regret your decision.
    Scaring away long-term precious players like you due to destroying a once beautyfull game will certainly not decrease my annoyance over SSG.

    Wish you all the best - with slight hope for a comeback

    Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    88
    Thanks, that gold and silver of the signets armsmaster bind to account ... at least something positive

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduil View Post
    Hey Araphorn,

    I really admire you for beeing that consequent and ofc understand your reasons. Nevertheless, although we never played on the same server / timezone, I really regret your decision.
    Scaring away long-term precious players like you due to destroying a once beautyfull game will certainly not decrease my annoyance over SSG.

    Wish you all the best - with slight hope for a comeback

    Cheers,
    Vala
    Hey Vala, thank you for your nice words, very kind of you.

    I’m not quitting just yet, need to complete the raid deeds. :/

    I’m just not gonna pay them a single dime more, that’s all.


  14. #39
    just out of interest, as I didnt yet enter Mordor:
    Are questrewards really that bad, that they result in much less LoE than needed for the zones?
    Is landscape questing really that hard, that you need random drops (that would really be silly) to reach the LoE requirements instead of just playing with questrewards?
    If not, why do so many non-farmraiders cry about it?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    just out of interest, as I didnt yet enter Mordor:
    Are questrewards really that bad, that they result in much less LoE than needed for the zones?
    Is landscape questing really that hard, that you need random drops (that would really be silly) to reach the LoE requirements instead of just playing with questrewards?
    If not, why do so many non-farmraiders cry about it?
    The quest rewards are totaly fine. There is no need to relay on teal drops (they are random anyway). Of course it's easier if you have them.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Are questrewards really that bad, that they result in much less LoE than needed for the zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    The quest rewards are totaly fine.
    Actually they are not "totally fine". During the first zone, you get gear from quests very sparingly and the LoE is 2 on each piece. Meanwhile, you can open up a loot-box and get a piece of gear with 10 LoE. There is a psychology at play here (linked, of course, to the store) that Esterian is purposefully(?) ignoring. But y'know...whatever.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104

    Please explain :)

    Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth.

    Think we need a clearification on what this mean, please Tybur, to avoid a lot of further speculation or new threads created in main forum areas, where even more ppl would be arguing over this.

    Does the above mean:

    1. The landscape mobs STOP dropping incomparable items ? In this case will they start dropping Rare items?

    2. The landscape mobs KEEP dropping incomparable items, but they can't be turned to Ash ? In this case the items not usefull to our toon is sold to the vendor

    3 The landscape mobs KEEP dropping incomparable items, BUT ONLY at the same rate as those that fit our Class on current live servers (guess about 5-10% of drops until now on live have been useable AKA worth equipping).

    And further... will droprate on rare (purple) items increase ? Rare items is fine for questing in Mordor.


    When questing in Mordor, allmost ALL drops from mobs have been incomparable versions.

    Questing by the rule: "a dead enemy is a good enemy" have made my ash amount around 3K per character (without any ash farming) from Mordor launch till now.
    I guess around 50% of ash was made from opening lootboxes with keys i get from doing the daylies. That percentage will raise further as i reach end of questing on all characters.

    Please consider this in a further update where ash will be capped.

    Edit: To add to the "quest reward talk"
    The quest Awards is really just the right strenght..(IMO) Mordor was meant to be difficult, and with Mobs with more Health/Mitigations, and the missing light causing 20% incoming damage, in some areas, it IS hard. But really not impossible.
    But i guess game difficulty is a personal opinion varying from person to person.
    Last edited by Endoloose; Nov 11 2017 at 07:32 AM.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Maybe raid gear should have it's own currency only obtainable in the raid.
    It has. Ash barter vendor has just same item level no set bonuses that raid items have to my understanding.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Actually they are not "totally fine". During the first zone, you get gear from quests very sparingly and the LoE is 2 on each piece. Meanwhile, you can open up a loot-box and get a piece of gear with 10 LoE. There is a psychology at play here (linked, of course, to the store) that Esterian is purposefully(?) ignoring. But y'know...whatever.
    Quest rewards are fine. I did landscape on all characters till lhingris without wearing any light after that I wore lhingris 4 light pieces from quests and had 3-5 shadow on all my characters till i was done with questing part. And this was before many quests received nerf soon after the release.

    Why I used old armor? Because I used raid gear on all characters and switching to other gear was pretty much +/-0 and would have mainly just broken my balance of gear without swithcing good 6-7 pieces at once since how I slot my essences. But stat loss wouldnt be even noticeable to the raid gear.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Actually they are not "totally fine". During the first zone, you get gear from quests very sparingly and the LoE is 2 on each piece. Meanwhile, you can open up a loot-box and get a piece of gear with 10 LoE. There is a psychology at play here (linked, of course, to the store) that Esterian is purposefully(?) ignoring. But y'know...whatever.
    Mordor is more difficult then previous landscapes that is true. But there was no need at all to wait for random dropped light gear (or using the money purse) to proceed the quest line.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Quest rewards are fine. I did landscape on all characters till lhingris without wearing any light after that I wore lhingris 4 light pieces from quests and had 3-5 shadow on all my characters till i was done with questing part. And this was before many quests received nerf soon after the release.

    Why I used old armor? Because I used raid gear on all characters and switching to other gear was pretty much +/-0 and would have mainly just broken my balance of gear without swithcing good 6-7 pieces at once since how I slot my essences. But stat loss wouldnt be even noticeable to the raid gear.
    Wearing lvl 105 T2 raid gear on a toon in Mordor for sure makes it a lot easier for Udun, Dor Armath and Lhingris But those not having at least Pelennor instance gear, and used to hard content will have a hard time entering Mordor, and later on.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Endoloose View Post
    Wearing lvl 105 T2 raid gear on a toon in Mordor for sure makes it a lot easier for Udun, Dor Armath and Lhingris But those not having at least Pelennor instance gear, and used to hard content will have a hard time entering Mordor, and later on.
    Did you read what I just wrote? Using light gear would have pretty much been +/- 0 to me and reason I didnt because jewellery would have replaced stuff like 3x crit rating or 3x finesse or 3x mitigations, which sets my way of building things back a lot so I needed to have many pieces to do change on one go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    Mordor is more difficult then previous landscapes that is true. But there was no need at all to wait for random dropped light gear (or using the money purse) to proceed the quest line.
    Also its way easier than something like angmar or moria were. People are just dumb and dont know how to play anymore, I guess I shouldnt blame f2p players since they never knew better.

  23. #48
    Whilst I personally am opposed to the idea of having raid/instance gear drop from lootboxes or be available from landscape barters I can understand that there is a rather large amount of players in LOTRO who hate the idea of grouping up with other people in order to gear up their toons for landscape content.

    With that in mind I propose a slight compromise: Bartered/Lootbox gear have their stats disabled during instances. The landscape crowd can gear up however they like on landscape whilst the raiders can stick to the standard gear progression system that best suits their style of play. Raid progression itself would be wholly unaffected by any pay to win elements as nobody could bypass the typical gearing up stage that takes place in the first few weeks/months.

    As an added bonus this system would ensure that landscape players and raiders remain at a roughly equivalent level of gear whenever new content is released.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    People are just dumb and dont know how to play anymore, I guess I shouldnt blame f2p players since they never knew better.

    Even with all my negativity, there is nothing more toxic to a community than someone who continues to belittle others with name calling and attempts to divide the player base (f2p vs whomever). You continue to miss the point others try to make simply because you don't find things difficult--when the actual difficulty is not the point. It's about consistent, quality development across the board and proper loot itemization (just to name a few). But you can't acknowledge that because you are too busy trying to convince everyone how great you are at playing and how big your e-peen is. I mean, just how insecure are you?

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Whilst I personally am opposed to the idea of having raid/instance gear drop from lootboxes or be available from landscape barters I can understand that there is a rather large amount of players in LOTRO who hate the idea of grouping up with other people in order to gear up their toons for landscape content.

    With that in mind I propose a slight compromise: Bartered/Lootbox gear have their stats disabled during instances. The landscape crowd can gear up however they like on landscape whilst the raiders can stick to the standard gear progression system that best suits their style of play. Raid progression itself would be wholly unaffected by any pay to win elements as nobody could bypass the typical gearing up stage that takes place in the first few weeks/months.

    As an added bonus this system would ensure that landscape players and raiders remain at a roughly equivalent level of gear whenever new content is released.
    Funny, I was going to propose that raid gear is not valid in landscape so that it doesn't become "faceroll" for you.

    Some landscape players might enjoy an instance here or there. Are you proposing that now we need instance gear to play instances? That means we are totally locked out of that content.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload