We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Champs are the main meele dps class in lotro. Something must be done.

Now i'm really worried. When i thought it couldnt get worse...

See the 3 man instances t2c. At 105, BBS for example, at the last boss doing the challenge, on red line dps was quite low. Even so, it wasnt that much of a pain if u had a decent PM.
    Now, doing seregost t2c with a champ is a nightmare (and even old instance at 115 t2). Of course, the trash part will be faster than doing with hunter/burglar/rk.
    But bosses? Man, something must be done. Its so annoying. Thats not my idea of fun at all.
    It doesnt make any sense. We need to go red line for ST, and although no one dies, the fight keeps forever. I set 198k mastery and almost maxed crit. Finesse was good, i wasnt missing. Even so, DPS was a shame. I couldnt say i was playing a dps class, due to such a slow battle.

ps. i'm not complaining about the instance, i liked seregost. But for t2c, red line champs are useless. I doubt anyone will choose a champ for future instances. Even though we can go faster on trash mobs. Since they based bosses on hunters/rks dps, the only solution is to fix red line for us.

please, SSG, take a look at champs. make red line fun and useful again. ty

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker3388 View Post
    Champs are the main meele dps class in lotro. Something must be done.

Now i'm really worried. When i thought it couldnt get worse...

See the 3 man instances t2c. At 105, BBS for example, at the last boss doing the challenge, on red line dps was quite low. Even so, it wasnt that much of a pain if u had a decent PM.
    Now, doing seregost t2c with a champ is a nightmare (and even old instance at 115 t2). Of course, the trash part will be faster than doing with hunter/burglar/rk.
    But bosses? Man, something must be done. Its so annoying. Thats not my idea of fun at all.
    It doesnt make any sense. We need to go red line for ST, and although no one dies, the fight keeps forever. I set 198k mastery and almost maxed crit. Finesse was good, i wasnt missing. Even so, DPS was a shame. I couldnt say i was playing a dps class, due to such a slow battle.

ps. i'm not complaining about the instance, i liked seregost. But for t2c, red line champs are useless. I doubt anyone will choose a champ for future instances. Even though we can go faster on trash mobs. Since they based bosses on hunters/rks dps, the only solution is to fix red line for us.

please, SSG, take a look at champs. make red line fun and useful again. ty
    At SSGs HQ: Hey look there's another player giving us some nice feedback, about champs.Our playerbase is so awesome testing the game and providing us with all that helpful info to make the game better.

next minute.....
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    At SSGs HQ: Hey look there's another player giving us some nice feedback, about champs.Our playerbase is so awesome testing the game and providing us with all that helpful info to make the game better.

next minute.....
    i hope they dont ignore kostas. i agree with everything this thread has showed. To let champs at this situation, for Lotro would be a great loss. To ignore the state of champs now... The runes made no effect, as they were never meant to fix champs. The only hope i have is that devs do some tests and see for themselves: for t2c, we'll need to go red line, ST DPS, and the class is broken. Anyone who run this kind of instances knows that.
    And yeah, i wouldnt want champs to be overpowered, just to deal an amount of ST damage to be consider a dps class

I hope that too.

One of my 2 mains is a champ and i get all the frustration about their low dps in red.

But i dont think they will do anything to balance the classes at this moment (tbh i'm afraid that if they try to fix them, they will break them even more...)
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Another issue with red line is that the age-old advice for champs has always been to use a 2H weapon for red line, but the passive stats on 2H LIs have not changed since 100 was the cap, while the stats on offhand weapons have ballooned massively. So I don't even know if a 2H weapon is better for red line anymore despite the fact that people may have been leveling up their imbued red line 2H for years.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    Another issue with red line is that the age-old advice for champs has always been to use a 2H weapon for red line, but the passive stats on 2H LIs have not changed since 100 was the cap, while the stats on offhand weapons have ballooned massively. So I don't even know if a 2H weapon is better for red line anymore despite the fact that people may have been leveling up their imbued red line 2H for years.
    This

add on top of that the partial BPE resulting in potentially lower momentary burstyness with 2 handers (if your 1 attack gets partial avoided or doesn't crit, you dps is trash for that moment), and you're pretty much forced to use dual wield (where at least 1 of your 2 or 3 attacks might crit/not get avoided resulting in more consistent DPS).

If you're looking to burst down trash and you get lots of BPE or bad crit luck, trash aint dying.

yeah, i've noticed that too. 115 landscape mobs have a huge B/P/W chance. even if u go with 100k finesse or more you may miss a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    This

add on top of that the partial BPE resulting in potentially lower momentary burstyness with 2 handers (if your 1 attack gets partial avoided or doesn't crit, you dps is trash for that moment), and you're pretty much forced to use dual wield (where at least 1 of your 2 or 3 attacks might crit/not get avoided resulting in more consistent DPS).

If you're looking to burst down trash and you get lots of BPE or bad crit luck, trash aint dying.
    This, been swapping to dw for Wild/Dev/Blade/Raging/Fury... then swapping back for just about everything else (100k finesse/50k crit)... the potential to whiff with 2h has increased a bit, even use stun/knockdown before I bother to merci now... I actually like the dynamic of swapping, but as a result of the increased b/p/e and crit rng... dps has gone down substantially compared to what it was before Mordor.
    Last edited by Turin_Turambar_The_F; Dec 08 2017 at 12:04 AM.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/--------/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2