We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 157
  1. #51

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    actually, considering wardens redline, I feel like the TRAIT or some red traitlinebonus should give +1 more dottick (in addition to the +1 the trait already gives) and future redline sets should just give +1 tick. giving +2/3 ticks out with a set just creates too big differences between players having it and those not having it.

    Sets should be nice, but not that strong that not having them makes you bad.
    Thumbs up for this suggestion!

    But even if it´s ever considered by SSG, I fear implementation in red traittree will take time and for sure will not happen before the raid goes live.
    That´s why (for now) I suggest to replace next to useless +bleed damage set with +2 or +3 dot pulses set. This would not solve redline warden problems, but at least help a bit.

    Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

  2. #52
    Putting exceptional bonuses on raid sets as a method of balancing classes is another terrible way of doing things.

    Say they added a Beorning tank set bonus for a flat -50% incoming damage buff when in blue line. Will this result in Beorning mains having a spot in raids? No. You need to do the raid in order to get raid set bonuses.

    The only Beornings that would actually find a place in raid groups are those who have completed the raid on an alt and just transferred the currency. That's not something you should be required to do in order to play your class in the highest level of PvE content.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  3. #53
    for Blue Rk, instead of that odd extra crit chance that doesnt really solve the main issue of why we avoid to use it, make it -1 or 1.5 sec induction on Epic for the Ages.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Runekeeper:
    what for finesse in healing set?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post

    Next trap raid armor: +1 second duration decoy.
    Nonono, I know: next trap raid set should have bonus crit to dazing blow!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,171
    Some of these bonuses are game-changers, i.e. LM Lightning Storm set, a welcomed addition imo.

    Some of them (most, really) are just so underwhelming. The Hunter ones aside, such classics as +25% BLEED Damage which only affects Spear bleeds, none of which have scaled properly and none of which anyone will use without +DOT pulses over a Light DOT.

    5 seconds off Valiant Strike CD on a yellow set? Wow, 5 whole seconds, from a skill only available in blue, with a CD long enough that 5 seconds saved is worthless.

    RKs are still going to be forced to equip way out of date gear to be competitive. Getting a 25% critical chance boost on a skill that's never used, and that anyone who plays a RK would know is never used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix43 View Post
    Mmm ... I do not understand if these hunter sets are good or not?.
    No, they're not. -7 sec from Bards Arrow CD... I mean what..? lol.

    Rapid Fire is marginally useful I guess, but will also knock the cooldown away from being able to combine it with Burn Hot each time they're up, which probably results in a loss of DPS in the long-run.

    -5 sec from Blood Arrow CD will have a slightly more than negligible effect in PVP but that's it.

    ----

    It's just sad to see that work has gone into creating new set bonuses rather than copying and pasting the old ones, and yet they're so drastically underwhelming for the most part.
    #15skills

  7. #57
    Set Bonuses for Cappy are sad.
    The most important Role of a cappy is supporter for group DPS. At least a raid set should refer to the role of the Class. 25 % personal bleed damage? Really?
    The OB Reset was very nice, not only because of it beeing powerful, but also giving Cappys the chance to work on their Rotation to influence the possibility and the time of a proc.
    That was something where a good Cappy could show his good gameplay and wise use of the setbonus. I liked that.

    Blue and Yellow setbonuses seem to be mixed up. Blue is seldom used these days, therefore the best setbonus is the less used one. Yellow is quite weak, especially for survivability. I´d liked the setbonus from the BB Jewellery, on proc -10% mits for the Group.

    Please think it over, especially Keep in mind that cappy is a supporter, so please give him something to Support his Fellowship.

    Set Bonus for Hunter should also be reviewed.

    Again, please keep in mind what role a hunter has in a fellowship. It´s main role is sustained ranged DPS. So please give him something to forfill it´s role. As Yellow is not attractive anyway, -cd Bards Arrow will do. Better would be increased Duration of trapwire or something like that.
    Red Bonus is only valuable where selfheal is needed, questing or maybe pvp.
    Blue with -cd rapid fire is not too bad, but delivers almost no additional DPS. Maybe an additional Tier of Barrage?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerosohn View Post
    Set Bonuses for Cappy are sad.
    The most important Role of a cappy is supporter for group DPS. At least a raid set should refer to the role of the Class. 25 % personal bleed damage? Really?
    The OB Reset was very nice, not only because of it beeing powerful, but also giving Cappys the chance to work on their Rotation to influence the possibility and the time of a proc.
    That was something where a good Cappy could show his good gameplay and wise use of the setbonus. I liked that.

    Blue and Yellow setbonuses seem to be mixed up. Blue is seldom used these days, therefore the best setbonus is the less used one. Yellow is quite weak, especially for survivability. I´d liked the setbonus from the BB Jewellery, on proc -10% mits for the Group.

    Please think it over, especially Keep in mind that cappy is a supporter, so please give him something to Support his Fellowship.

    Set Bonus for Hunter should also be reviewed.

    Again, please keep in mind what role a hunter has in a fellowship. It´s main role is sustained ranged DPS. So please give him something to forfill it´s role. As Yellow is not attractive anyway, -cd Bards Arrow will do. Better would be increased Duration of trapwire or something like that.
    Red Bonus is only valuable where selfheal is needed, questing or maybe pvp.
    Blue with -cd rapid fire is not too bad, but delivers almost no additional DPS. Maybe an additional Tier of Barrage?
    An additional tier of Barrage not sure if trolling or really trying to make the most op skill in the game even more op.

    If the set bonuses differ greatly in their value for the classes, balancing will be a pain in the butt. Do you balance the class without the bonus? -> Class will get too strong with the set
    Balance with the bonus? -> setbonus is a must have since the class isn't on par otherwise.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by GilendirD View Post
    Barrage
    Agreed.

    On the up side, no need to run the raid. Zero incentive.
    Because I like a challenge, I run a yellow hunter.
    I dislike the exploity feel of an unintentionally broken skill.

    Enjoying a challenge doesn't mean I don't advocate change to the trait tree.
    I ask for yellow hnt changes constantly (as many like to point out on forums).

    I have no reason to spend much on gear either, the bonuses don't add up the way they should.
    Damage output on the yellow skills saw no real change going from 105 to 115.
    With feeble legacies and skills unlooked at since skill trees were new, no point.

    BUT it's still a nice challenge.
    Just nothing that can be used in a group setting at all.
    And without anything to gain from grouping, that character simply will not play those bits.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,656
    Mini SoS is blue trait line only skill and the item it's on has a whole load of finesse on it?

    Are they going to bring back that bug that had us fighting through the Main Tanks mits to land a heal on them?

    I'm all for adding in a stun or two in the heal rotation but I'm not looking for too much finesse over other stats. I suppose I should be glad they actually put any finesse on the gear after the initial Mordor gear had none.


    Also odd that Blood Arrow and Rapid Fire in the blue trait line get set bonus love. Acceptance that Red is Dead or don't know the trees?



    I have a problem with multiple Raid sets. There are few classes that get into a raid with more than just the one trait line.
    I can see a Cappy and RK filling different roles, with LM pet nerf they'll be restricted, maybe Beorning but most will have a needed strong trait line for one role and it makes sense that they would choose gear with bonuses to help in that role. Having gear drop that buffs their non raiding builds is just crazy if it's just for solo landscape.
    Ofc if they could balance classes and have all trait-lines viable yeah then go to the effort of having multiple gear sets but it's a waste having non raid spec gear drop in raids and can only make the time to obtain the raid useful set lengthen. If it's to fill a gap in some of the broken trait lines we have it's not the way to do it.

    Mac

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    I have a problem with multiple Raid sets. There are few classes that get into a raid with more than just the one trait line.
    I can see a Cappy and RK filling different roles, with LM pet nerf they'll be restricted, maybe Beorning but most will have a needed strong trait line for one role and it makes sense that they would choose gear with bonuses to help in that role. Having gear drop that buffs their non raiding builds is just crazy if it's just for solo landscape.
    I don't see what Beornings can bring to the instances that Minis or Guardians/Captains don't fulfill ten times better. Good set bonuses could make Beornings viable, but they'd have to be pretty crazy bonuses (and the existing one simply is not)

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    I don't see what Beornings can bring to the instances that Minis or Guardians/Captains don't fulfill ten times better. Good set bonuses could make Beornings viable, but they'd have to be pretty crazy bonuses (and the existing one simply is not)
    Again: Set bonuses making a class viable is terrible since you should not need to have the top gear from a raid to even run the raid in the first place.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Again: Set bonuses making a class viable is terrible since you should not need to have the top gear from a raid to even run the raid in the first place.
    Agreed. The class itself needs love for all three lines.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    Mini SoS is blue trait line only skill and the item it's on has a whole load of finesse on it?

    Are they going to bring back that bug that had us fighting through the Main Tanks mits to land a heal on them?

    I'm all for adding in a stun or two in the heal rotation but I'm not looking for too much finesse over other stats. I suppose I should be glad they actually put any finesse on the gear after the initial Mordor gear had none.


    Also odd that Blood Arrow and Rapid Fire in the blue trait line get set bonus love. Acceptance that Red is Dead or don't know the trees?



    I have a problem with multiple Raid sets. There are few classes that get into a raid with more than just the one trait line.
    I can see a Cappy and RK filling different roles, with LM pet nerf they'll be restricted, maybe Beorning but most will have a needed strong trait line for one role and it makes sense that they would choose gear with bonuses to help in that role. Having gear drop that buffs their non raiding builds is just crazy if it's just for solo landscape.
    Ofc if they could balance classes and have all trait-lines viable yeah then go to the effort of having multiple gear sets but it's a waste having non raid spec gear drop in raids and can only make the time to obtain the raid useful set lengthen. If it's to fill a gap in some of the broken trait lines we have it's not the way to do it.

    Mac
    Fear, piercing cry, heralds strike, call of orome,...? Finesse is extremely good stat to have as a healing minstrel. I was one of the main corruption removers on our UO runs as main field healer. Regularly removing 30-40 corruptions while keeping tank and the group alive. Not to mentioning in 3 mans using orome for hunters is great. New raid will have a lot of corruption removal as well so its vital to have.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    507
    I agree with the guy who said that a set bonus shouldnt make a trait line viable.

    The epic for ages thing should be part of the blue rk fix, not a set bonus.

    A legit blue set bonus is the old osgi set, or the rune of winter duration.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

  16. #66
    I can't talk for all classes but certainly there's some set bonuses that are worthless, I would rather see some actual bonuses worth grinding. I'll try to give some ideas based on the classes I have/use:
    Hunter: All set bonuses are certainly useless.
    Red: should be either HS reset (like it was usually) or a passive bonus, still it's a bit weird that red bonus benefits a blue line skill, If you consider HS reset set too OP for hunter, maybe something like +20% crit magnitude, or crit hits generate an additional point of focus, something like that, a good set bonus.
    Blue: rapid fire means nothing in a hunter rotation, just increase proc chance of volley, or strong draw, maybe reduction of the power cost penalty of barrage (it wouldn't be so good for raid environment but will help in 3 man with power management), maybe exanguinate cd resets on each use of blood arrow so you can use it everytime it procs.
    Yellow: maybe increase the duration of trap/decoy debuff by 30s would be a decent set that might help hunters get a spot in specific fights as debuffers too.

    LM: Red set bonus I'd say it's quite fine, a chance to reset the biggest hitting skill seems good.
    Blue bonus depends on what it means, if it means it's now an instant skill that does the same heal/effect as it did without channelling then it's good too.
    Yellow bonus is useless, you will still be able to keep stun immune only one 1 member of the raid. I'd suggest bringing back the old See all ends +5% inc crit chance.

    RK: Red is perfect.
    Yellow is not bad, could stay like this, anyways nobody goes yellow.
    Blue is still useless, if you want to buff EftA on rk, maybe make a HS reset equivalent for heal rk (RK Crit heals have a chance of resetting the cooldown of epic for the ages and make it instant cast). Or just do as suggested and bring back MV self heal buff, it was good, it worked and then do a complete rework of rk heals as a part of class balance action.

    WRD: Red is useless, it needs to be +3 DOT pulses.
    Yellow could be good, not really bad actually, could stay like it.
    Blue: It's not a bad bonus tbh, but I'd rather see +15-20s gambit buffs duration, or passive mits bonus. Also really...fix warden tank itemization, all warden tank gear since mordor release got less vit, no tact mit (which is needed) and shield got double crit defence slice, change that to inc healing, finesse or something usefull. Basically if you use full end game gear of warden and full end game gear of might classes you get like 10k less morale on warden only by the vitality difference.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I can't talk for all classes but certainly there's some set bonuses that are worthless, I would rather see some actual bonuses worth grinding. I'll try to give some ideas based on the classes I have/use:
    Hunter: All set bonuses are certainly useless.
    Red: should be either HS reset (like it was usually) or a passive bonus, still it's a bit weird that red bonus benefits a blue line skill, If you consider HS reset set too OP for hunter, maybe something like +20% crit magnitude, or crit hits generate an additional point of focus, something like that, a good set bonus.
    Blue: rapid fire means nothing in a hunter rotation, just increase proc chance of volley, or strong draw, maybe reduction of the power cost penalty of barrage (it wouldn't be so good for raid environment but will help in 3 man with power management), maybe exanguinate cd resets on each use of blood arrow so you can use it everytime it procs.
    Yellow: maybe increase the duration of trap/decoy debuff by 30s would be a decent set that might help hunters get a spot in specific fights as debuffers too.

    LM: Red set bonus I'd say it's quite fine, a chance to reset the biggest hitting skill seems good.
    Blue bonus depends on what it means, if it means it's now an instant skill that does the same heal/effect as it did without channelling then it's good too.
    Yellow bonus is useless, you will still be able to keep stun immune only one 1 member of the raid. I'd suggest bringing back the old See all ends +5% inc crit chance.

    RK: Red is perfect.
    Yellow is not bad, could stay like this, anyways nobody goes yellow.
    Blue is still useless, if you want to buff EftA on rk, maybe make a HS reset equivalent for heal rk (RK Crit heals have a chance of resetting the cooldown of epic for the ages and make it instant cast). Or just do as suggested and bring back MV self heal buff, it was good, it worked and then do a complete rework of rk heals as a part of class balance action.

    WRD: Red is useless, it needs to be +3 DOT pulses.
    Yellow could be good, not really bad actually, could stay like it.
    Blue: It's not a bad bonus tbh, but I'd rather see +15-20s gambit buffs duration, or passive mits bonus. Also really...fix warden tank itemization, all warden tank gear since mordor release got less vit, no tact mit (which is needed) and shield got double crit defence slice, change that to inc healing, finesse or something usefull. Basically if you use full end game gear of warden and full end game gear of might classes you get like 10k less morale on warden only by the vitality difference.
    You forgot to mention your point of view is from PvE side when speaking hunter set bonuses. In PvP, hunter set bonuses definitely are not useless. Also class is so strong atm that set bonuses are fine from pve view also. Who wants to see more op hunters in moors?

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Minipete View Post
    You forgot to mention your point of view is from PvE side when speaking hunter set bonuses. In PvP, hunter set bonuses definitely are not useless. Also class is so strong atm that set bonuses are fine from pve view also. Who wants to see more op hunters in moors?
    Well, after rks get 2 incomparable runes+similar mastery+2 pulses set bonus, they will outdps most (if not every) hunter players, still what's the point on putting pvp oriented bonuses (as you said) into a pve armour?
    Anyways if they have to put -x% outgoing damage to every hunter in the moors I'm fine with it, but altering pve to avoid breaking an already too broken pvp side of the game is not the way to go.

  19. #69
    Great I've been wishing Bard's arrow had a lower cool down, now I can do the latest raid to get that awesome set bonus. Great job SSG, I hope the raid comes out around Christmas time so it can be my Christmas present.
    Illydros Squanto Ulricson Saridas Gap

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Well, after rks get 2 incomparable runes+similar mastery+2 pulses set bonus, they will outdps most (if not every) hunter players
    I dont agree on that :P but i will test later with old set
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

  21. #71
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I could totally live without set bonuses on gear for 115 cap. Less variables in class balance would be a good thing for potential future class work.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  22. #72
    Class balance that will never come. Its not even on the radar, just more bandaid fixes, as much as it saddens us all.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,029
    Guards bonuses are again a joke and worth nothing.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I could totally live without set bonuses on gear for 115 cap. Less variables in class balance would be a good thing for potential future class work.
    or just statbonusses. those are easy to balance (the same for all classes) and an improvement that raidgear would have and ashgear not.
    So just +100 fate for bonus2 and +200 vitality bonus4 for everyone :P
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    I dont agree on that :P but i will test later with old set
    It's literally a fact. There's no comprehensible way in which Hunters are going to be out-dps'ing RKs with +2 pulses being viable again alongside double +96 runes and Hunter set bonus being -7 bards arrow CD lol.
    #15skills

 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload