We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Raid Armor Set Bonuses

I personally found the set bonuses rather lackluster. Hopefully most of these are just placeholders for now, and will be updated as beta progresses. For anyone curious, the sets are below.

Champion:

Guardian:

Lore-master:

Hunter:

Minstrel:
    Last edited by Starkorm; Nov 05 2017 at 03:20 PM.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Warden:

Burglar:

Runekeeper:

Captain:

Beorning:
    Last edited by Starkorm; Nov 05 2017 at 05:59 PM.

I think bonuses for cappy are too strong. It must be +5% for kick damage, - 10s for comand respect cooldown, +100 armor rating for herold.
    -5 s Valiant strike colldown on yellow set - dude who did it is really professional.
    Last edited by Naranor; Nov 05 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Beorning:
    There was no armor that I could find with beorning set bonuses. Will put them here when/if they're added.
    There's one Beorning set bonus in the database and it basically just gives the blue capstone trait (the bonus one gained via putting 30 points into the tree). Amusingly said bonus is not one that should stack as the outcome would be weird: You lose -1 wrath per second in bear form.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Good set bonuses should influence the rotation somehow, like the soliloquy of spirit bonus on mini, or the hs set from hunter (yes it was op, but still added more fun to the rotation).
    Gertes

*Looks at champ set bonuses*... Well, if it looks cool I could update cosmetics... yay.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/--------/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

I personally found the set bonuses rather lackluster. Hopefully mots of these are just placeholders for now, and will be updated as beta progresses. For anyone curious, the sets are below.

Champion:

Guardian:

Lore-master:

Hunter:

Minstrel:
    Many of the sets are noticeable lackluster or bad.
    -Champ - No champ will have any interest in having an increased proc chance on blades of courage since it's a raid set and you would always have a healer in a raid.
    Guardian- Charge duration instead of a real dps buff... Aoe damage in a tank line is rather poor as well. Would rather have a better chance for armor debuff or slightly stronger debuffs.
    LM- Having 10s longer duration on SI doesn't help much since you can still only use it on a single target. Having +20s would make this set more useful.
    Warden- 25% bleed damage is relatively meh when 100% of wardens would rather have +2 or +3 dot pulses while dpsing. Honestly, warden dps is uncompetitive without the set.
    Rk- Epic for the Ages is such a long heal that most already avoid it. Most would rather have the osg heal set or T2 throne set instead.
    Cappy- The tank set has a CD reduction on valiant strike which is only available in blue line.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Warden bonus is stupid imho.

Rotation is based on keeping all Dots Up, so the right choice is 2/3 dots pulse count imho.
    Red rk is ok.
    Blue rk: bring back the osgi set pls.
    Champ: the only worthy set is red one on both lines, yellow and red.
    Mini: i appreciate both yellow and blue tbh. Nice.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Warden bonus is stupid imho.
    There is absolutely nothing stupid about warden sets. Propably the strongest among all classes.
    Especially the marked and diminished one. It's twice as good as throne making the debuffs permanent....
    As for the blue HoT pulses is what warden always needed , back on 105 , it was a real pain it didn't show on throne armor.
    Red set is so-so , sure , but do you even play the class nowadays ? The dots are barely scaled at all , even if they added dot pulses , dps would still be BAD.
    All the dps on a raid , will come from the yellow set , i am hoping for zero changes on the warden.

Captain sets defo needs a buff , Bear needs rework on existing set and adding 2 more and champ needs a boost to Mitigation penetration in yellow and certainly not blade of courage.

For the rest of the classes the sets are OKAY , especially if we get a set-6 in U22 , after they finally touch class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    There is absolutely nothing stupid about warden sets. Propably the strongest among all classes.
    Especially the marked and diminished one. It's twice as good as throne making the debuffs permanent....
    As for the blue HoT pulses is what warden always needed , back on 105 , it was a real pain it didn't show on throne armor.
    Red set is so-so , sure , but do you even play the class nowadays ? The dots are barely scaled at all , even if they added dot pulses , dps would still be BAD.
    All the dps on a raid , will come from the yellow set , i am hoping for zero changes on the warden.

Captain sets defo needs a buff , Bear needs rework on existing set and adding 2 more and champ needs a boost to Mitigation penetration in yellow and certainly not blade of courage.

For the rest of the classes the sets are OKAY , especially if we get a set-6 in U22 , after they finally touch class balance.
    Warden bleed boni was already up in throne WITH the pulse count bonus.

If you think +2 hots pulse will fix the total weakness during DC downtime and +25% will fix the broken scaling on dots well...is up to you

And if you wanna really balance it, i dont think all Sets are ok.

As i said, champ got only one usefull bonus and epic for ages thing should be a class fix, not a bonus on a set. What blue rk needs (apart some adjustements in the skills) is a self heals boost like old osgi set.

I speak for what i see, cant foresee their future class adjustements or a future 6 pieces bonus.
    Last edited by Rialtan; Nov 05 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Wait. Did they really put 25% bleed damage on warden's red set although one don't even use spear bleeds anymore because + dot duration nerf. And physical mastery on tank set.
    Hunters will have their own self motivation now it seems instead of getting rid of the boring barrage spam and add HS bonus.
    And champ gets more selfheal as a raid set bonus in their main dps line, ok.

Hello SSG ?
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r11 Warden - r10 Champion - r6 Guardian - r0 Captain - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

I often look at guardian red line and think yes, charge needs a shorter cd, thanks.

Sarcastic note aside, it could be decent for pvp with a charge swappy but really it's quite a bad bonus.

Warden bleed boni was already up in throne WITH the pulse count bonus.

If you think +2 hots pulse will fix the total weakness during DC downtime and +25% will fix the broken scaling on dots well...is up to you

And if you wanna really balance it, i dont think all Sets are ok.

As i said, champ got only one usefull bonus and epic for ages thing should be a class fix, not a bonus on a set. What blue rk needs (apart some adjustements in the skills) is a self heals boost like old osgi set.

I speak for what i see, cant foresee their future class adjustements or a future 6 pieces bonus.
    The yellow warden set is pretty good, though I'd personally prefer to use it while raid tanking (provided we can get a spot as a tank....)

The blue set is powerful for solo, 3 mans and 6 mans, though it would be good for offtanking in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    There's one Beorning set bonus in the database and it basically just gives the blue capstone trait (the bonus one gained via putting 30 points into the tree). Amusingly said bonus is not one that should stack as the outcome would be weird: You lose -1 wrath per second in bear form.
    Found it and updated second post, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    The yellow warden set is pretty good, though I'd personally prefer to use it while raid tanking (provided we can get a spot as a tank....)

The blue set is powerful for solo, 3 mans and 6 mans, though it would be good for offtanking in raid.
    Well i admit i forgot to specify i was talking about RED wardens set. Not in general...btw also blue one seems pretty cheap to me in instance.

But as i said, i can judge only what i see. I dunno if those sets will come out with new class adjustments...but atm i see a great gap between very good sets like burg/hunt/MINI/blue guard and not inspired ones like warden, champ, blue rk.

Well i admit i forgot to specify i was talking about RED wardens set. Not in general...btw also blue one seems pretty cheap to me in instance.

But as i said, i can judge only what i see. I dunno if those sets will come out with new class adjustments...but atm i see a great gap between very good sets like burg/hunt/MINI/blue guard and not inspired ones like warden, champ, blue rk.
    Burg sets seem pretty underwhelming... Trickster having reduced cooldown just means no downtime for 2 tricks, unless the interaction lets you stack a third trick for a few seconds.
    Blue set buffs damage for skills that do not benefit from legacies and are only used for applying atrociously inadequate gambles. But its still better than +10% Damaging Gamble I suppose.
    Red will have some merit.

Warden sets are pathetic joke.

25% bleed is wortst thing you can come up with,shows devs have 0 knowlage about class.Melee DoT based class sits at the bottom off DPS specs(When in any logical world it should be #1 sustained dps) since release of expansion.(Were quick to add -50% outgoing healing in red when it was sugested and needed but leave DPS in pathetic state).Amazing devs amazing hehe premuim class dont see anyone pulling that card now as they did back when warden was "OP" as if it were ever op,mearly broken in some situations.And please pull out that argument about DPS with NS and DC mits not like anyone sane agrees it should be removed from DPS spec.Not to mention how irelevent it is.If you are puting yourself in 1shot situation as DPS start using brain.

+2 hots is irelevent in mordor when you strugle to even come close to stats other tanks have without tactical mitigation on jewlery and less morale on jewlery and countless other stuff.

+10 sec on marked and diminshed xD whoever said this is good is deluded.As it results in total dumbing down of class(wich is worst thing that you can do) where you become defiant challenge meatshiled bot.But its probably something people want.Not to mention how weak it is witouth earring,and probably tho I cant say for sure before content is realeased it would be only usefull for champs on trash pulls in raid situation.

I should not write even this reply...but what the hell its irelevent incompetent devs wont do anythign cant do anything and dont know what to do in the first place.

Th Captain Sets need addressing / further work:

Red Line: I would much rather see a sure strike buff to increase telling mark by an additional 5% damage or oathbreaker reset. These have been popular in the past and are fundamentally in line with our primary role i.e. buffing the whole fellowship / raid.

Yellow Line: 2 set bonus should be vitality and 4 set bonus should increase survivability through increased mitigations / mitigations proc with general stats supporting tank builds (mitigations, bpe, vitality etc.).

Note: The stats on the surgeons set (blue line above) seem to be tanking oriented so it seems the yellow and blue sets are a little mixed up atm.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Nov 06 2017 at 01:30 AM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Burglar Redline set is a letdown compared to Aim-->Auto Dev from Pel sets. If you don't put a 114 Level Cap on Pel sets or release 115 gear with the same set bonus, then you're just going to have a bunch of burglars running around with those four pieces to swap into and out of before combat all the time - which is really unfortunate since the set bonus can only be used by people that had the gear before U21.
    For yellow, 10s off Trickster is nice, but I'd much rather see the double-riddle bonus from the past.

Beorning set bonus, as mentioned by others, means you would generate wrath in blue line? Seems pretty worthless considering all three lines of bears need to change forms to refresh Hearten/Expose/Ferocious Roar on CD. I'm interested to see what they do for the other two bear sets, but Beorning has tons of other issues that need to be resolved before they're useful enough anyway.

Minstrel set bonuses are nice for Yellow/Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    +10 sec on marked and diminshed xD whoever said this is good is deluded.As it results in total dumbing down of class(wich is worst thing that you can do) where you become defiant challenge meatshiled bot.But its probably something people want.Not to mention how weak it is witouth earring,and probably tho I cant say for sure before content is realeased it would be only usefull for champs on trash pulls in raid situation.
    Well you are certainly angry , but i like angry.

So the mitigation debuffs without earring are Weak.... FYI a 10% mitigation debuff in Mordor , equals to a bit less than 20k armor debuff that can also remove base mitigations.
    In the case of the future warden that has the yellow set , this will be a permanent AND aoe debuff , which you can get by spending only a few points on yellow tree ( barely have to go half-way )
    and can fit in both blue and red spec. ( although red feels pointless )
    Simply put , this makes warden debuff one of the strongest in the game , along with bugged cd LM raven.
    I will ignore the double-proc for physical mitigation , since there is a good chance this won't be needed. I doubt champs will get a spot easily.

Imo , debuffing ( diminished target ) is the ONLY way a warden can get a raid spot in competitive groups.
    There is certainly a lot of room for a javelin throw in the rotation nowadays ^^...
    Heck , why not even go yellow and become a buff bot with android + javelin healing mark , would make the debuff slightly stronger too.

However , it's true that whoever has the legacy gold earring from 'in their absense cluster' will have a huge advantage that needs to be addressed...
    Boosting the debuff from 10% to 25% with a lvl ~65-85 gold earring that no longer drops and is still usable , is plain stupid.

Anyway , along with the Guardian shield-wall bonus , those 2 sets are the only game-changers i've seen so far , which means a lot considering they seem to avoid giving us the good old game changing sets of the past.
    ( OB reset , warden dot pulses , HS reset , AIM crit etc )
    I realise people want them , but considering they added max level to older sets and what Vastin said months ago about set bonuses , i doubt we'll get them anytime soon.
    Last edited by BotLike; Nov 06 2017 at 03:22 AM.

Post Interesting

Hunter:
    Mmm ... I do not understand if these hunter sets are good or not? ... I thought back to the Heart Seker but ... I guess there will not be more ... I enjoyed too much with that bonus ... these .. I do not know at the moment what I am most concerned about are Blod Arrow maybe and Rapid Fire ... but I do not ... I am still a bonus that I can not evaluate if they are strong or not.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Well you are certainly angry , but i like angry.

So the mitigation debuffs without earring are Weak.... FYI a 10% mitigation debuff in Mordor , equals to a bit less than 20k armor debuff that can also remove base mitigations.
    In the case of the future warden that has the yellow set , this will be a permanent AND aoe debuff , which you can get by spending only a few points on yellow tree ( barely have to go half-way )
    and can fit in both blue and red spec. ( although red feels pointless )
    Simply put , this makes warden debuff one of the strongest in the game , along with bugged cd LM raven.
    I will ignore the double-proc for physical mitigation , since there is a good chance this won't be needed. I doubt champs will get a spot easily.

Imo , debuffing ( diminished target ) is the ONLY way a warden can get a raid spot in competitive groups.
    There is certainly a lot of room for a javelin throw in the rotation nowadays ^^...
    Heck , why not even go yellow and become a buff bot with android + javelin healing mark , would make the debuff slightly stronger too.

However , it's true that whoever has the legacy gold earring from 'in their absense cluster' will have a huge advantage that needs to be addressed...
    Boosting the debuff from 10% to 25% with a lvl ~65-85 gold earring that no longer drops and is still usable , is plain stupid.

Anyway , along with the Guardian shield-wall bonus , those 2 sets are the only game-changers i've seen so far , which means a lot considering they seem to avoid giving us the good old game changing sets of the past.
    ( OB reset , warden dot pulses , HS reset , AIM crit etc )
    I realise people want them , but considering they added max level to older sets and what Vastin said months ago about set bonuses , i doubt we'll get them anytime soon.

Sorry, i cant get if you are serious or just joking.

Game changing what? Lol why should i pick a warden if i can simply invite a red burg with a perma 20% inc dmg bonus? (and can also stacks multiple debuff from 2+ burgs) And it also deal more dmg and offer more support.

Sorry, i cant get if you are serious or just joking.

Game changing what? Lol why should i pick a warden if i can simply invite a red burg with a perma 20% inc dmg bonus? (and can also stacks multiple debuff from 2+ burgs) And it also deal more dmg and offer more support.
    Stacking burgs has dimishing returns since years ago...
    Burglar does not debuff enemy mitigations. Instead , he boosts incoming damage.

Since you claim you'll pick your team ( which i know you won't ) , allow me to teach you the basics.

First , you debuff the raid boss to ~0% mits ( AKA less than feeble )
    This is no longer possible with traditional pre-mordor groups since champion's rend does not have anywhere near the same effectiveness.
    The same applies to a lesser extent to the benefically-bugged ancient craft. ( not as effective as 105 )
    So , long story short , you need more debuffs to achieve what was easy pre-mordor. For example , loremaster could debuff an enemy's fire mitigation to 0% ALONE for a short time window.Good luck doing that now when even some trash mobs have ~90k armor ; D

After you achieve 0% , you start worrying about incoming damage.

You are welcome...

Stacking burgs has dimishing returns since years ago...
    Burglar does not debuff enemy mitigations. Instead , he boosts incoming damage.

Since you claim you'll pick your team ( which i know you won't ) , allow me to teach you the basics.

First , you debuff the raid boss to ~0% mits ( AKA less than feeble )
    This is no longer possible with traditional pre-mordor groups since champion's rend does not have anywhere near the same effectiveness.
    The same applies to a lesser extent to the benefically-bugged ancient craft. ( not as effective as 105 )
    So , long story short , you need more debuffs to achieve what was easy pre-mordor. For example , loremaster could debuff an enemy's fire mitigation to 0% ALONE for a short time window.Good luck doing that now when even some trash mobs have ~90k armor ; D

After you achieve 0% , you start worrying about incoming damage.

You are welcome...
    You should first learn to read and realise why I said its bad.Not to mention you boast about diminished target more than marked when RK and Hunter already have naked/near naked target.
    But I guess in best case scenario 12.5% or 25%(more damage on trash) will get us spot.Not to mention you will need to do raid without it.Considering how 3 man and 6 man are designed good luck getting spot in raid.

Bard's Arrow

Ahahahahahaaahahahahaohmyahaha ha

This is almost as amusing as the last yellow one.

Next trap raid armor: +1 second duration decoy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast