We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If we move forward with a cap on Ash of Gorgoroth, the intention is to set the cap high enough that not many people would be impacted. For those that would be, they wouldn't lose anything, but would not earn more Ash until they brought their total under the cap.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If we move forward with a cap on Ash of Gorgoroth, the intention is to set the cap high enough that not many people would be impacted. For those that would be, they wouldn't lose anything, but would not earn more Ash until they brought their total under the cap.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    If you did go ahead with setting a cap, as an absolute minimum 100k should be considered.

For example, I have 60k ash atm (after fully gearing 4 toons with multiple builds) and do not see why I should be penalised for purchasing store keys, running instances as well as regularly completing dailies.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Nov 10 2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    If you did go ahead with setting a cap, as an absolute minimum 100k should be considered.

For example, I have 60k ash atm (after fully gearing 4 toons with multiple builds) and do not see why I should be penalised for purchasing store keys, running instances as well as regularly completing dailies.
    What a joke. Next time they pump ash rewards it wouldn't go over 1000 per normal teal item (if we are speaking reasonable increases), so you think getting ~100 items on first day is reasonable?

Most people (like crushing majority) struggle to even maintain over 1000 at the moment.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Actually you are crushing out your own business with any kind of cap to ashes.
    There is already no reason to buy key from the store, du to the fact, that SSG has lowered the amount and droprate of ashes resp. of teal items from the gorgoroth chest.
    If you are planing further decrease of the droprate of landscape drop teal items too (aka remove any possibility for the ahs-zerg) ppl. will rather do noting but will not buy keys from the shop.
    There is in my opinion no rational argument, why to put a cap on ash. SSG is simply no longer in the position, where it should ask for more troubles with the players.

HOLYYYY............... LMFAO

Who in his right mind goes above something like 10k ash and WHY ?
    Until this week , there was not even any gaurantee that ash of gorgoroth would be used in the future at all xD

100k is a ridiculous cap , if they had any intention to set it that high , they wouldn't have bothered to set it at all lol.
    It's like caping commendations on 200k.
    It makes the cap and what the want to achieve pointless!

Which reminds me , they just remembered to add a cap now ? What about the landscape farm raids ? Did they just realise they exist ? LOL

OMG , this is too much fun !

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    This lead to thing I have suggested for longest time, remove all skirmish currency from wallets, remove anything over 200g from players and remove all vault coins from vaults. Game would be way better for it. And this is coming from someone who has hundreds of thousands of marks and tens of thousands of gold, sitting doing nothing.
    Delete all. Delete all of your marks, gold and alts and beginn totaly new. Or you may decide to get a life insted of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Actually you are crushing out your own business with any kind of cap to ashes.
    There is already no reason to buy key from the store, du to the fact, that SSG has lowered the amount and droprate of ashes resp. of teal items from the gorgoroth chest.
    If you are planing further decrease of the droprate of landscape drop teal items too (aka remove any possibility for the ahs-zerg) ppl. will rather do noting but will not buy keys from the shop.
    There is in my opinion no rational argument, why to put a cap on ash. SSG is simply no longer in the position, where it should ask for more troubles with the players.
    Good. Faster they remove P2W. Faster people come back who quit post mordor because of P2W...

For what purpose?
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

I believe that adding ash cap is not reasonable. It will only antagonize active players, who actually run the capped content. Stockpiling ash is the only type of meaningful activity that the game can offer on lvl 115, so it seems ridiculous for me to take away the only incentive to run quite lackluster endgame content. The game population is already in bad shape, and now you are basically telling people who got to 20k ash (which is not that hard to do) that it is time to drop game and do something else till the new content will arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    This lead to thing I have suggested for longest time, remove all skirmish currency from wallets, remove anything over 200g from players and remove all vault coins from vaults. Game would be way better for it. And this is coming from someone who has hundreds of thousands of marks and tens of thousands of gold, sitting doing nothing.
    And while we are at it, delete all equipment including legendary items anyone has. If something that can be used for endgame gets resetted, everything should, including all stattomes and everything that was able to get via gold the last years...

And resetting gold, without changing lootrules and landscape loot, will be devastating. Value of gold will rise a lot and goldsellers will just make more money than ever before, with the same effort like now.
    Last edited by Oelle; Nov 10 2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I'd say 10,000 is a lot more reasonable. You won't lose your 60k, you can still spend it to gear many more toons using current incomparable gear, which is roughly 7,000 ash per toon. Cordovan had mentioned in the Cord of the Rings stream that SSG doesn't want to create a system where people can farm ash to obscene amounts, and then be able to just buy everything they need when new armor get released on day 1.

What's a lot more realistic is a cap of 10,000, and the new price of armor being double that of what it is now.... so you can still gear up a "main" character fairly quick - 10,000 ash and probably a week's worth of ash gathering - but you won't be able to "max out" your toons on day one and just grind till the next expansion is released.

By the way.... the fact that Cordovan mentioned that they were looking to make these changes for future releases in his stream..... DOES seem to quietly confirm that the next major update WILL be a new zone in the Mordor area, where ash is appropriate as currency.

Minas Morgul, anyone?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I'd say 10,000 is a lot more reasonable. You won't lose your 60k, you can still spend it to gear many more toons using current incomparable gear, which is roughly 7,000 ash per toon. Cordovan had mentioned in the Cord of the Rings stream that SSG doesn't want to create a system where people can farm ash to obscene amounts, and then be able to just buy everything they need when new armor get released on day 1.
    Then they should create a new currency as the did with all prior update: Morgul-Crest, Ancient Ithil-Coin, Gift-giver's Brand, every reputation Fraction has it's own currency and that without a cap.
    Putting a cap to something like Ash will caus a lot of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    What's a lot more realistic is a cap of 10,000, and the new price of armor being double that of what it is now.... so you can still gear up a "main" character fairly quick - 10,000 ash and probably a week's worth of ash gathering - but you won't be able to "max out" your toons on day one and just grind till the next expansion is released.
    10k of ash is not enough to buy all things what you could buy/need for an alt. And if you are going to have more than one build ... you need even more. I'm just collecting ashes for my 5. alt and i don't want see myself ending to buy his equipment piece by piece and not all in one just becaus of some outstanding stupid decison of SSG.
    What SSG is not understad: they programming a game for the players and not for SSG. If SSG don't want that players play the game as they would like: then SSG should shut down the servers.
    I can not understad why every time they do something new, all currencies etc. has to be soul bound. I heard gazillion times from many other players "i would like to play my alt ... but since everything is soul bound, i'm forced to do things with only one charcter." This is also valid for me: i hate this soul bound BS, becaus i would play much more if a couple of things wouldn't be soul bound. On one of my alts i have a couple of this "Silver Signet of The Armsmaster", for this alt it is just useles cr.ap for an other it would be great to have one.
    Why on earth do SSG bother about with which of my charcters do i use this or that item/currency? I got them from playing this grind feast game! Why do SSG bother about if someone farming for ash? Those players are playing the game! What is SSG thinking, who they are to tell a player with which activity they have to spend their in-game time?!?
    Who cares if someone can equip an alt with new items if he has a lots of ash?!? That player didn't generate the ash by sleeping and dreaming about it. And if he has no life other than framing for ash: WHO CARES?!? What can he do alone!? Running the new Raid solo or what?!? And if many many plasers could do that: WHO CARES?!? In that case players would equip an alt or create a second build. And that would make the game much more fun to play: just to be able to swich equip or character and play an other role in the group etc. Yea ... right, that's not what SSG want for us. In this game "you shall not have fun!"
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Nov 11 2017 at 01:04 PM.

I get that my opinion on this may be unpopular with many, but I totally agree that there should be a cap, and that it should be quite low (though 2K is maybe a bit too low given the new ash prices for gear). People who farm ash on a massive scale (plenty of them), just walk up to a vendor and buy all the new gear on day one. Others, who do not ash farm have to put up with massively inflated ash prices that have been set because some people are sitting on massive mountains of ash.

It got out of control because of the massive raid farms (500K ash from bought keys - you got to be kidding me), now we all pay the price for it.

Yes it's a nasty fix, but IMO, it has to be done. I just hope they don't lose too many players over it, but the ones likely to leave are the ones that cannot make up the gap between ash farmers and non ash farmers. The people that farmed ash are geared for the t2 instances (so still have a method of farming ash), while those that didn't, probably aren't.

With regard to ash balances already obtained, I don't think they can delete them (after all, some of that ash "may" have come from real money), so I'd hope it goes into an overflow, with a weekly draw lock or something to that effect.

Ideally, though, a brand new currency (and for the love of the Valar, put a cap on it) would be the best option, but I don't think we'll get that.

Glowing ashes of Gorgoroth (capped) into instances, raid and a few in dailies (no drops, at all, just all earnable), leave landscape ash drop as they are for the current gear - sorted.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 11 2017 at 06:53 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

So why bother adding a cap at all then? Presumably this cap is to prevent people from gearing on day one of the update, but this means they still can. May as well not bother, as it's kinda a half measure. Would have been better to introduce a cap on the spend, i. e. we can only spend x amount per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    So why bother adding a cap at all then? Presumably this cap is to prevent people from gearing on day one of the update, but this means they still can. May as well not bother, as it's kinda a half measure. Would have been better to introduce a cap on the spend, i. e. we can only spend x amount per day.

Unfortunately this is a mute point, because if one buys enough black keys - that player will be able to gain raid quality gear on "Day One".

Thus, if its through Ash or Keys, Day One Gear will be available for that player.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Unfortunately this is a mute point, because if one buys enough black keys - that player will be able to gain raid quality gear on "Day One".

Thus, if its through Ash or Keys, Day One Gear will be available for that player.
    Not sure how you conclude to that. One piece per day, means they cannot get it all on day one. Keys, sure, presuming they get a lot of luck opening boxes and finding raid gear, but then, raid gear shouldn't be in the boxes anyway. I wouldn't worry too much if you raid however, the raid is guaranteed to drop high gold generating items, so most will buy the keys anyway.

I get that my opinion on this may be unpopular with many, but I totally agree that there should be a cap, and that it should be quite low (though 2K is maybe a bit too low given the new ash prices for gear). People who farm ash on a massive scale (plenty of them), just walk up to a vendor and buy all the new gear on day one. Others, who do not ash farm have to put up with massively inflated ash prices that have been set because some people are sitting on massive mountains of ash.

It got out of control because of the massive raid farms (500K ash from bought keys - you got to be kidding me), now we all pay the price for it.

Yes it's a nasty fix, but IMO, it has to be done. I just hope they don't lose too many players over it, but the ones likely to leave are the ones that cannot make up the gap between ash farmers and non ash farmers. The people that farmed ash are geared for the t2 instances (so still have a method of farming ash), while those that didn't, probably aren't.
    You don't think about all in its whole:
    You pay for nothing what other players do or did with ash. You pay for the greediness, for the bad design and for the bad decision of SSG!

So .. once more you are here and balming other players, who's play style don't mach with yours and with your expectations and even more: you are practically willing to hazard the consequences, by suggesting one stupid solution after antoher, that players will leave the game.

They can put a cap on ash and that will not affect anyone in anyway who has 100K+ ash. SSG can not delete ash from players. So what ... players who reached the planed cap will not be able to earn new ash, but they still will be able to spend all they have on new gear. So how your suggested very low cap on ash may prevent that???
    STOP suggesting things that affect only but every players wo just have average time to play, just because you do not care about anything else than yourself!

so, we already figured out, that a ash-cap does not prevent players from getting full gear on day one, if they just have many keys.
    which means, it doesnt really harm key-sells. it just prevents direct ash-farming. but only for those that are not already done with it.
    which is already prevented with deleting all ash-gear from landscape... so then... whats the point? Afaik, the only good ash-farm that remains is farming the threeman mordor instance. so the only point in capping ash is stopping people from farming instances?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    so, we already figured out, that a ash-cap does not prevent players from getting full gear on day one, if they just have many keys.
    which means, it doesnt really harm key-sells. it just prevents direct ash-farming. but only for those that are not already done with it.
    which is already prevented with deleting all ash-gear from landscape... so then... whats the point? Afaik, the only good ash-farm that remains is farming the threeman mordor instance. so the only point in capping ash is stopping people from farming instances?
    Just two things:
    1) we don't know how a cap will works with ash from a chest. If one is on cap and do not get the ash from the chest or from decon the items from the chest (regardless if with shop key or quest key) will negate even the last senseof doing the quest for a key or buy any keys from the shop. But if the ash from a chest is going above the cap ... what is the meaning then of that cap? Punishing players who do not buy key's from the shop once more?!?
    SSG can also remove the chest's entirely from the game or do what would ben neccessary to do: put meaningfull and usefull suff into the chest's loot table.
    2) What SSG dont get: it is always the problem of grind-content: player's will seach for and find ways to decrease the grind they have to do. It would have been better, if SSG had considered something better from the start.
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Nov 11 2017 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    You don't think about all in its whole:
    You pay for nothing what other players do or did with ash. You pay for the greediness, for the bad design and for the bad decision of SSG!

So .. once more you are here and balming other players, who's play style don't mach with yours and with your expectations and even more: you are practically willing to hazard the consequences, by suggesting one stupid solution after antoher, that players will leave the game.

They can put a cap on ash and that will not affect anyone in anyway who has 100K+ ash. SSG can not delete ash from players. So what ... players who reached the planed cap will not be able to earn new ash, but they still will be able to spend all they have on new gear. So how your suggested very low cap on ash may prevent that???
    STOP suggesting things that affect only but every players wo just have average time to play, just because you do not care about anything else than yourself!
    I'm not blaming anyone, I gave my opinion, and very low key it was too, not rude, not aggressive and not in any way selfish because anything they apply - also affects me (I'm sitting on 11K ash myself - though not through farming or buying keys). I wasn't aware that players would still be able to still spend all they have at the time of my post, so I addressed that in the post I made after it, while quoting Cordovan. Also, a low cap will prevent people from buying everything on day one - in the future, if ash is here to stay past the next update. That, IMO is where a cap is a good thing.

And yes, I do think the cap, and a lockdown on landscape ash drops is being introduced because of high yield ash farming, and there ARE players out there that do not farm, and are not yet geared for t2c instances. This isn't going to be in any way shape or form - good for them.

BTW, I have two t2 ready chars and I'm half way through a third. I'll have a way to continue earning ash. Many others - won't.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 11 2017 at 05:43 PM.

Not sure how you conclude to that. One piece per day, means they cannot get it all on day one. Keys, sure, presuming they get a lot of luck opening boxes and finding raid gear, but then, raid gear shouldn't be in the boxes anyway. I wouldn't worry too much if you raid however, the raid is guaranteed to drop high gold generating items, so most will buy the keys anyway.

Call it Luck, however, the chance is there:

With the Keys (store or quest), open boxes and you have the ability to obtain raid quality gear.
    For the T2 Raid sets, the only thing different are the bonus. As a captain, the bonus are NOT worth it. So why should I even bother getting anything with the set bonus? If I get the keys/ash, then I get my gear and I am done.
    Last edited by mmogaming; Nov 12 2017 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Call it Luck, however, the chance is there:

With the Keys (store or quest), open boxes and you have the ability to obtain raid quality gear.
    For the T2 Raid sets, the only thing different are the bonus. As a captain, the bonus are NOT worth it. So why should I even bother getting anything with the set bonus? If I get the keys/ash, then I get my gear and I am done.
    Like I said earlier, raid quality gear shouldn't be in boxes. You know the solution though right? Never buy or sell a key, not for LP or gold. Trouble is though, everyone has to take that approach to send the message, but . . . only few do.

I'm honestly more upset at the loss of dropped items that can be turned into ash. I am no where near the proposed ash cap. A few hundred ash total on the only two characters I've even taken into Mordor (one of which is 115 and almost at the end of the questing).

Level 106 - 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop incomparable equipment that can be disenchanted into Ash of Gorgoroth.
    Guess I won't ever have to worry about reaching the cap now. :/ From what I've seen personally and what I've read in another thread, teal is the only type of armor that was dropping that can be turned into ash. Hard to reach the cap if my (thus far) only income has just been garrotted.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I'm honestly more upset at the loss of dropped items that can be turned into ash. I am no where near the proposed ash cap. A few hundred ash total on the only two characters I've even taken into Mordor (one of which is 115 and almost at the end of the questing).

Guess I won't ever have to worry about reaching the cap now. :/ From what I've seen personally and what I've read in another thread, teal is the only type of armor that was dropping that can be turned into ash. Hard to reach the cap if my (thus far) only income has just been garrotted.
    It would be better if world drops would be extended to yellow and white tier items (instead of removing cyan) but a diminishing return system introduced. If you kill the same mob again and again it shouldn't drop anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    It would be better if world drops would be extended to yellow and white tier items (instead of removing cyan) but a diminishing return system introduced. If you kill the same mob again and again it shouldn't drop anything of value.
    That wouldn't be a good idea (assuming it was even possible). There are a finite number of mobs in Mordor. Eventually you will have defeated them all at least once.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast