We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    That wouldn't be a good idea (assuming it was even possible). There are a finite number of mobs in Mordor. Eventually you will have defeated them all at least once.
    and where is the problem with that? I'd be fine with mobs dropping stuff even just once... though the person you quoted meant that they should stop dropping something, if you farm them, not just if you kill them a second time. so something like killing the same enemy again within an hour reduces loot by 10%, additive. kill it ten times or more often -> no loot until a certain timer resets (might be a day or a week).
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

That wouldn't be a good idea (assuming it was even possible). There are a finite number of mobs in Mordor. Eventually you will have defeated them all at least once.
    Farm protection systems in many games define a time frame (60 minutes for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    and where is the problem with that? I'd be fine with mobs dropping stuff even just once... though the person you quoted meant that they should stop dropping something, if you farm them, not just if you kill them a second time. so something like killing the same enemy again within an hour reduces loot by 10%, additive. kill it ten times or more often -> no loot until a certain timer resets (might be a day or a week).
    The point of online mmo games is to play it repeatadly not once like a solo offline rpg. I think that would be a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    Farm protection systems in many games define a time frame (60 minutes for example).
    I'm all for farm protection, so long as the system isn't starved without a farm. Right now it's heading towards starvation, presumably as a response to the farms. We've seen this before. The mobs in the Hytbold instances had loot removed completely because of farming.

It just seems that Turbine and now SSG just always gut the system completely to prevent farms, rather than have farm prevention tactics already in place at the beginning. Those first in the door farm stuff to oblivion and then the "fix" is implemented just in time for those who are a little slower at questing (taking the scenic route), newer players who aren't at cap, or alts.

By the point the "fix" comes, the people it's designed to hamper are mostly past the point of caring because they are, as someone earlier I believe said, already sitting on 60k of whatever currency is being gutted.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I'm all for farm protection, so long as the system isn't starved without a farm. Right now it's heading towards starvation, presumably as a response to the farms. We've seen this before. The mobs in the Hytbold instances had loot removed completely because of farming.

It just seems that Turbine and now SSG just always gut the system completely to prevent farms, rather than have farm prevention tactics already in place at the beginning. Those first in the door farm stuff to oblivion and then the "fix" is implemented just in time for those who are a little slower at questing (taking the scenic route), newer players who aren't at cap, or alts.

By the point the "fix" comes, the people it's designed to hamper are mostly past the point of caring because they are, as someone earlier I believe said, already sitting on 60k of whatever currency is being gutted.
    To be fair though, any player who is still taking their first character through Mordor at this point is way beyond taking the "scenic route," because it was released over 3 months ago.

Just keep in mind that those farms do not only create the expansion related currency but also add gold (vendored drops) and crafting mats (which are trivial to come by in mordor). Imo if the current farm would be continued it would hamper players even more that are just about to start that content because of inflation.
    For ash itself it was never needed to join those parties and neither was it needed to buy a key in the store. I equiped my 3 lvl cap characters with running dailies and thats it. Although not everyone has gold rings but that isn't important.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    To be fair though, any player who is still taking their first character through Mordor at this point is way beyond taking the "scenic route," because it was released over 3 months ago.
    Not completely accurate. Many players are, by either choice or circumstance, waiting for it to release in the LOTRO store for LP. I'm not sure if the new non-epic epics are free for all or not (can't remember) but there isn't much content to do in Mordor without the expansion (and personally, if it were me, I'd be leveling lower-level alts so that I could avoid accidentally leveling my 105 toons, so that I could experience Mordor in full when I finally bought the xpac).

Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    Just keep in mind that those farms do not only create the expansion related currency but also add gold (vendored drops) and crafting mats (which are trivial to come by in mordor). Imo if the current farm would be continued it would hamper players even more that are just about to start that content because of inflation.
    For ash itself it was never needed to join those parties and neither was it needed to buy a key in the store. I equiped my 3 lvl cap characters with running dailies and thats it. Although not everyone has gold rings but that isn't important.
    I think at this point getting crafted LoE gear will likely be my end solution for my main and my alts. I will likely never buy any of the ash gear from the barterer. Dailies (and raiding) are hard for me to stomach right now. Personal choice, partly influenced by my availability and partly because I'm burnt out on life in general. Landscape drops were my only real shot at getting one, maybe two nice pieces of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    Mordor isnt released. It's still in early access.
    -access is more expensive than it will be on normal release
    -its bugged and gets changed regularly
    -its not available via usual methods, but only for cash
    -its incomplete
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Those first in the door farm stuff to oblivion and then the "fix" is implemented just in time for those who are a little slower at questing (taking the scenic route), newer players who aren't at cap, or alts.
    I'd also argue that this same thought system applies to "Bind to Character" type items. Particularly as of late, the Silver and Gold Signets that drop for class items. This is such a hateful system towards players, even the Bind To Character ash gear, as it really penalizes people who have alts.

Do they really want us to play only one toon?

Quote Originally Posted by AikiW0lf View Post
    Sure they do. If you play several toons, you get enough LP by deeds to just buy whatever you want.
    So obviously, they dont want you to do that. If everyone just played one toon, everyone would have to buy LP every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Sure they do. If you play several toons, you get enough LP by deeds to just buy whatever you want.
    So obviously, they dont want you to do that. If everyone just played one toon, everyone would have to buy LP every year.
    Makes sense within the context of the blatant alt-enmity of LOTRO

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by AikiW0lf View Post
    I'd also argue that this same thought system applies to "Bind to Character" type items. Particularly as of late, the Silver and Gold Signets that drop for class items. This is such a hateful system towards players, even the Bind To Character ash gear, as it really penalizes people who have alts.

QFT. 9.999/10 of the teal drops in Mordor aren't even for my class and they are bound on pick up. The only thing to do with them, then, is to turn them into ash. If SSG had at least made these bound to account or maybe cut the drop-rate by a significant amount but guarantee they'd be for your class, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If we move forward with a cap on Ash of Gorgoroth, the intention is to set the cap high enough that not many people would be impacted. For those that would be, they wouldn't lose anything, but would not earn more Ash until they brought their total under the cap.
    In the new build the cap is 10,000. The interesting part here is that you will not gain any more ash until you get back under the cap.
    The challenge there is those who are hording chest and black keys. We know the next level of gear (337 etc) can drop from the Gorgoroth Loot Box. I assume, so will ash. But if you are over the cap which is highly likely if you are hording chest and keys, you wont gain any of the ash that might drop from the loot box. Or at least that is the way I am thinking of it.

There is going to be a penalty one way or the other if there is a cap. (I am not really commenting on if that is a bad thing or not)

I personally stopped ashing items when I hit 30k ash and just vendor it.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Please don't put a cap on Ash. All that's going to do is make things even harder on players who are trying to gear out toons quickly as soon as an update hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Turuin View Post
    Please don't put a cap on Ash. All that's going to do is make things even harder on players who are trying to gear out toons quickly as soon as an update hits.
    Ha! I think that is exactly the point of a cap. Extend content. Make you work towards a goal and not instantly get it the second it comes out.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3