We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Colour/texture bug still here (avatars)

Popped in for a quick look to see if the texture/colour bug (The one that made the lips turn really pale, the male eyeshadow options losing their colours and becoming pale, and the skin become plain, etc) that happened during an earlier beta had been fixed, but it's still there. It will be easier giving you more feedback about the avatars if we know what is just a bug and what isn't, so please look into trying to fix it as soon as possible. And it seems like it's not only affecting elves and humans, but I've heard from people playing hobbits that they too have lost a bit of their colour.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Post More Reason

In general, the avatr are a bit to be reviewed .... I hope at least with 22 this will happen if they have no intention of quirks with 21.3 ... they still have to do Hobbit, dwarfs (maybe even Beornings), hair of High elves are clearly better than those of normal races, then be ... I do not understand why with 21.2 they modify the elf laying that diccented from the screen and ... made its portrait to the view of other players with the face completely cut ... it's still a bit but ... I do not understand why the tall male elf changed the pose ... it was perfect ... please give the elf a laugh again before the 21.2 perfect.

So in general second is not just a texture problem but of general hair patterns that seem so little finished and little cared for in the details unlike those of the high elves, in short ... let's give some love to these cabbage models .
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

I am curious, what bug is it? Can you post a screenshot of this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    I am curious, what bug is it? Can you post a screenshot of this bug?
    I'm sorry, a screenshot won't really help much since the bug isn't something that is there. It's something that isn't there. The lips have almost completely lost their colours and are pale (female elves have lost a bit of their colour but not all. A friend of mine used to have red lips, now they have a red-blackish shade), the male eyeshadow options lost their colours and became pale (don't know about female elves), and the skin lost it's luster and became plain, etc. The avatars had the right colours during the first Bullroarer betas when they were being worked on, but in the last beta before going live the bug had appeared. And people have been seeing colour changes to hobbits as well. Not as healthy looking colours in their face, same as with the new Elves and Men.

There are a few threads about it from that beta, but I can't find them now.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I'm sorry, a screenshot won't really help much since the bug isn't something that is there. It's something that isn't there. The lips have almost completely lost their colours and are pale (female elves have lost a bit of their colour but not all. A friend of mine used to have red lips, now they have a red-blackish shade), the male eyeshadow options lost their colours and became pale (don't know about female elves), and the skin lost it's luster and became plain, etc. The avatars had the right colours during the first Bullroarer betas when they were being worked on, but in the last beta before going live the bug had appeared. And people have been seeing colour changes to hobbits as well. Not as healthy looking colours in their face, same as with the new Elves and Men.

There are a few threads about it from that beta, but I can't find them now.
    From what I remember, the first beta was when the head models was worked on but the new textures on the face weren't there yet. It's not really a bug if that is what you're talking about. You can still see the old textures though if you disable avatar texture compositing, then log out and log in. The image you're going to see is the new avatar model with the old textures on their face. It looks quite ugly tbh, but I agree a little bit about the lips being pale. The color of the skin is something I didn't notice. You should try that scheme I told you, take some screenshots before/after and post them here. This will help art designers realize what they need to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    From what I remember, the first beta was when the head models was worked on but the new textures on the face weren't there yet. It's not really a bug if that is what you're talking about. You can still see the old textures though if you disable avatar texture compositing, then log out and log in. The image you're going to see is the new avatar model with the old textures on their face. It looks quite ugly tbh, but I agree a little bit about the lips being pale. The color of the skin is something I didn't notice. You should try that scheme I told you, take some screenshots before/after and post them here. This will help art designers realize what they need to work on.
    It must be a bug since it's hitting hobbits too though. The art designers already know what they need to work on, this has been mentioned a lot during beta 6 of the avatar remake, and also mentioned many times in the big avatar thread.

I'm just asking them to please take care of the colours as soon as possible so we can more easily give them the more feedback they asked us for.

My reasons

It must be a bug since it's hitting hobbits too though. The art designers already know what they need to work on, this has been mentioned a lot during beta 6 of the avatar remake, and also mentioned many times in the big avatar thread.

I'm just asking them to please take care of the colours as soon as possible so we can more easily give them the more feedback they asked us for.
    In general, they have to take care of the whole project about the new Avatar ... the impression is good and the "unfinished" details make the characters out of the way out of the tall elves that look more worked and cared than that in theory the new models should also be ... but that is not the case, I repeat ... I hope this is resumed ... except with 21.3 with 22 or a future update ... also because we I'm still Hobbit and dwarfs by Revamping people ... for me this and a job left in the middle and they are taking more time to finish it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix43 View Post
    In general, they have to take care of the whole project about the new Avatar ... the impression is good and the "unfinished" details make the characters out of the way out of the tall elves that look more worked and cared than that in theory the new models should also be ... but that is not the case, I repeat ... I hope this is resumed ... except with 21.3 with 22 or a future update ... also because we I'm still Hobbit and dwarfs by Revamping people ... for me this and a job left in the middle and they are taking more time to finish it well.
    I hope so too.
    I was hoping that they had a set plan when to release Mordor and instances and raid, and would be able to continue where they left off after they are done, but since we have had no reply at all and it's been months I'm starting to lose hope I still have a little bit though but don't know how long that will last in this silence. Most of all I would just like to have the promised "update" instead of the very mixed update/remake we got. Some characters look like the same character but better, while others got a complete remake and look extremely different, and some even have very imbalanced faces where the eyebrows/eyes/nose/mouth are all huddled up in the middle of a too big face.

SSG, we don't mind waiting if that means we will once again be able to decide how we look instead of having that decided for us by someone with different tastes, but when you aren't replying at all we can't tell if you are going to help us or if you are just hoping that everyone who liked the old non-stereotype options, will just give up and go away, and it's distressing to wait and wait and all we get is silence

Post My reason for because the devs do not respond on payers

I hope so too.
    I was hoping that they had a set plan when to release Mordor and instances and raid, and would be able to continue where they left off after they are done, but since we have had no reply at all and it's been months I'm starting to lose hope I still have a little bit though but don't know how long that will last in this silence. Most of all I would just like to have the promised "update" instead of the very mixed update/remake we got. Some characters look like the same character but better, while others got a complete remake and look extremely different, and some even have very imbalanced faces where the eyebrows/eyes/nose/mouth are all huddled up in the middle of a too big face.

SSG, we don't mind waiting if that means we will once again be able to decide how we look instead of having that decided for us by someone with different tastes, but when you aren't replying at all we can't tell if you are going to help us or if you are just hoping that everyone who liked the old non-stereotype options, will just give up and go away, and it's distressing to wait and wait and all we get is silence
    then I knew how many post I did not only about this but also about other things here on Lotro.com and did not see a Dev or Moderator who responded (at times it is) and something that for five years now I'm starting to realize that many Sometimes they do not play, but they do not listen to us, but they do not answer, making us almost a surprise like "you talked so much so ... Surprise!" or they ignore us enough, but I think it depends a bit on the community too ... many times I see several presidential post that sometimes bans not to say that they insult SSG for the work that they do and that dull the immaturity of many people on the forum ... and that's why Developers, Dev, Moderators, do not even answer.

But if we are doing well and trying to be "older" then maybe they could answer us more