We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by arvaethor1 View Post
    Hey there,

just came back to lotro after a few year hiatus and am having some issues with Hitching. Its not a FPS issue because i will have the FPS counter on, and be at 100 then drop to 60, and the game will hitch or studder for a second or two. The actual lag between turning in bounties at the bounty board, will sometimes cause a 1 second UI freeze as well.

My PC is very good, and i can run pretty much every other MMO at 4K and 60FPS on Ultra....

I have a I7-4470K overclocked to 4.2 GHZ, 16GB of Ram and a Titan X Video card with Lotro on a SSD hardrive, Up to date drivers, etc etc.

Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
    I am not sure if anyone has tried this, but it DEFINETLY makes a difference with my game. I play on IMAC 5k but its the highest end and there should be ZERO lag at max settings. I found something rather odd that stops the hitching. If I use both mouse buttons to run I have ZERO hitching. If I use keyboard W to move it hitches like nuts. I tried changing the W to the mouse move key, (forget name) and it does the same hitching. Seems something up with response from keyboard key being held down. At least this is better for my play but I would much rather use W key.

Can we ask what level character you are currently playing, and what server??

The majority of lag is caused by the server not responding in a timely manner, so what you are describing doesnt seem possible unless you are in a low level area (where lag is usually acceptable), and suffering from a hardware related issue.

I dont know the mechanics of the iMac; in a PC I would be looking at the keyboard itself, anything else using the USB bus, and the software drivers; in the past I have had issues with a wireless mouse causing issues, due to the USB dongle monopolising the USB bus.

The in-game lag seems to get worse the longer you play the game; so when a new player there are no real issues, but as you advance the issues get worse; creating a new alt doesnt fix the issues, especially with the task boards; but opening a new account does (to a certain extent); so it is partially an account bound issue - at least at the low - mid range levels, and partially the servers* getting worse over time. I havent tried doing an AoV on two alts one on a new account and one on an old account, to see if there are any differences in server lag at the end game.

*Word is, Turbine/SSG got shiv'ed on the current servers; the drop in performance when they switched over was VERY noticeable. "Servers R Us" anyone??

I haven't read through this entire thread but can someone explain how just ONE of my cores on my i5-3570K is running near 90% while the other three idle along at 40-45% while running LOTRO?

Driving me nuts all the freezing (not video/frame lag) Ive been getting. They are more like spikes where I see mem, CPU and HDD all spike at one every 5 or so minutes.

Any other game I play is fine, no spiking.

FYI homebuilt PC with 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, Geforce GTX-770.

No OCing or overheating issues.
    Last edited by Hendakk; Dec 06 2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendakk View Post
    I haven't read through this entire thread but can someone explain how just ONE of my cores on my i5-3570K is running near 90% while the other three idle along at 40-45% while running LOTRO?

Driving me nuts all the freezing (not video/frame lag) Ive been getting. They are more like spikes where I see mem, CPU and HDD all spike at one every 5 or so minutes.

Any other game I play is fine, no spiking.

FYI homebuilt PC with 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, Geforce GTX-770.

No OCing or overheating issues.
    In a nutshell: Because LOTRO's game engine was designed back in the single-core era. Sorry, there's really nothing you can do about it other than overclock your CPU to make that one core faster. Hopefully, if and when they release the 64-bit version of the client (fingers crossed), it'll make better use of multiple CPU cores.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2