We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What is the scariest thing in ME?

The Nemesis in low level areas.

What is the scariest thing in Middle-earth?

./spooky_horn

Alternatively would have to say going through Mirkwood the first time. It's so dark and spooky then you have the spiders popping up out of no-where!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntzz View Post
    What is the scariest thing in ME?

The Nemesis in low level areas.
    Back in the day, the Chetwood Warg was miles scarier.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

The scariest thing in Middle-earth is this old Dunlending woman, of whom I made this short video clip. Even more intimidating than Sara Oakheart.

Laugh at the end of "Trouble of tuckborough" instance :)

I'm not fond of looking down into the depths of Moria (so I usually close my eyes when I jump).

The awfully high prices of things in the auction house.
    When Life Gives You Rotten Lemons, Your Lemonade Will Taste Horrible !

The Bugs! ^^

Grishnákh
    A light from the shadow...

Easy question.

A hungry hobbit while you are holding a pie at your hand.

that snake that slithers about outside of the forsaken inn while ur turning in tasks

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...The Hobbit, a book written for children, has a simple message: Anyone, no matter how small, can do great things. The Bilbo who first leaves on the quest is cowardly, petty, and selfish, but by experiencing the wider world, he finds his courage and compassion. ..."

The lack of fast travel in many places.

Crafting a 2H LI with the passives you want.

Exclamation What is the scariest thing in Middle-earth?

Bilbo asking Frodo for the ring in Rivendell.

The scariest thing?

Walking through an area with DANGEROUS orcs on all sides, carefully.... trying to avoid aggro.... and a BURGLAR popping up right in front of you, dressed in some scary outfit, scaring the %##$@ out of you.....

Yes, I have jumped in my chair when someone did this to me....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

A balrog, since Morgoth is locked up for now.

Spiders, never like those long, thin legs they have. Something than I dont like more is the voice of the dead quest qivers, it is terrible.

The scariest thing in Middle-earth is obviously the demon face that Bilbo makes when he sees the One Ring while Frodo is in Rivendell.

What is the scariest thing in Middle-earth? At the current time, the future.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I like the new hairstyles of Men, Elves, and High Elves.

Running a chicken up Mount Doom!
    Noobo Madcabbage, Esq.
    4 Wending Way, Elmnook, The Shire OX3 7RW

Silverlode: The Lost Army, Minstrel & Retired Leader

Scariest instanced story: We cannot get out
    Scariest moment: pulling a white hand orc in Moria somewhere and accidentally face tanking it while on my baby level54 mini in one of my first ever fellowships. In those days heal aggro was serious. I still played with the camera zoomed in pretty close and I'd just got a laptop where I could put graphics on medium. I squealed very loudly. The fellows laughed so much we died.
    Scariest place:Old school Moria. The scenery killed me more than the mobs. I suffer vertigo. It was very dark. And where it wasn't dark it was disgusting...carcasses, slime, and those nameless things that still freak me out.
    Scariest creep: almost any Warg but Spilo's GBW scares me most. I see him. 1 sec later I am puppy chow.
    Scariest music: Da Bugans

the lag, the troll s in world chat the ignorance of some forum posters, and the gambling lootboxes all annoy me but they don't scare me. :P

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Scariest thing in Middle Earth

The scariest thing in Middle Earth?
    Not being able to log in, troubleshooting for two days, only to finally discover through a hard disk diagnostic that my disk drive is exploding with bad sectors, too many to even finish the extended test...and realizing I might not have enough to buy a new hard drive this week.
    I'm spending this weekend backing up any unsaved data, copying my drivers, and taking other steps before my HDD becomes a paperweight.

Seriously, though, although I've only been playing less than a year, the scariest thing for me so far is joining a PUG at level in the Great Barrows only to find the others in my group have no idea either what is around the next corner. I love it!

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Scariest thing in LOTRO?

World Chat. Hands down.

Scariest thing in Middle Earth?

Many things, but fear must never stop us.
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden
    Caedomae, Hunter; Dollydagger, Burglar; Dympnae, Warden (sort of); Fiachrae, Rune-Keeper; Huszy, Axe-Slinger; Lornaer, Minstrel; Raechael, Lore-Master

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    The scenery killed me more than the mobs.
    Butbutbut ...you can get a title for some of that!

Seriously though, i remember those days, too. Fondly, now, but not at the time.
    Last edited by Steamweaver; Oct 21 2017 at 02:47 AM.
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden
    Caedomae, Hunter; Dollydagger, Burglar; Dympnae, Warden (sort of); Fiachrae, Rune-Keeper; Huszy, Axe-Slinger; Lornaer, Minstrel; Raechael, Lore-Master

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast