We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 31

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Please reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, October 26th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Below

did i do that right?

Scariest thing... The traps in the Haunted Burrow!

Sauron, of course.

What is the scariest thing in Middle-earth?

The Black Rider of Budgeford...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Weekly Question 31

That Aragorn hasn't heard of 2nd Breakfast and may not know about elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, or supper either (though I have to believe he does actually know about luncheon and dinner [or supper]).
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

What's the scariest thing in Middle Earth?

The LoTRO GRIND!!!

An angry Dwarf, of course.

Tolkien's description of Shelob:

Most like a spider she was, but huger than the great hunting beasts, and more terrible than they because of the evil purpose in her remorseless eyes. Those same eyes that he had thought daunted and defeated, there they were lit with a fell light again, clustering in her out-thrust head. Great horns she had, and behind her short stalk-like neck was her huge swollen body, a vast bloated bag, swaying and sagging between her legs; its great bulk was black, blotched with livid marks, but the belly underneath was pale and luminous and gave forth a stench. Her legs were bent, with great knobbed joints high above her back, and hairs that stuck out like steel spines, and at each leg's end there was a claw.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

the scariest thing: a hungry hobbit..

Nothing is spookier than a dwarf in a dress!
    The road goes ever on.

Seeing the quest panel to accept the Sara Oakheart quest Prologue Instance: The Hideout

The scariest thing in LOTRO...for me it’s a toss-up between the very first time you encounter Bogbereth in her lair. It’s like a Shelob redux. Angmar is creepy enough as it is but having that spider drop from her perch and start all that squealing and whatnot gave me an old school B-movie jump. I didn’t know what I had provoked that first time. Thank goodness for Hide in Plain Sight. The other scary part of the game is the first time I went into the tunnel at Cirith Ungol. Without spoiling it for anyone, there is some serious dread on that quest. It was just downright unpleasant (and a part of the game I so very much wanted to experience!). And the best part of that is that you don’t see the end the way the quest wraps up, it just fades to black. Seriously, that quest was just an awesome part of the Epic and put together so wonderfully. But damn that dread just kept me on the edge of my seat!

Oh and lastly the thing that scares me the most about LOTRO is it shutting down. It’s one of the only games I do play that I like as much for its social gaming as I do for its content. That’ll be a day that I won’t want to happen.

The spiders in the old forest

All of Mirkwood, it is the ultimate setting for Halloween, especially the whole spider area.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 115 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 104 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 60 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow
    ~~Beeornfree 25 Beorning of Anor~~Xanthorr 19 High Elf Hunter of Anor

/boo emote.

A Shire free from the forces of Mordor where hobbits are allowed to travel to other lands like a plague of locusts devouring everything in sight.

The War Of Wrath at the end of the First Age when Beleriand feel into the sea to be lost forever.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

The Haunted Burrow....

Giant spiders.

Bare chested dwarves!!

I think that would be Morgoth.

Gandalf when he's angered.

I truly hope the drawing is random because I know this one would not get picked but the scariest thing in Middle Earth is.....

LAG

Being in an Eriador area, at level, and walking straight into a roving threat!
    Always make me run screaming like a little girl...

(But in reality, I agree that LOTRO ever shutting down is scary).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast