We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Final Boss in Court of Seregost Resets Randomly

Has anyone else experienced this issue? The final boss fight will reset for no reason when attempting T2c. (Yes, we make sure no bats can reach the cauldrons)
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this issue? The final boss fight will reset for no reason when attempting T2c. (Yes, we make sure no bats can reach the cauldrons)
    Yes, it happened in Beta too.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Never had any problem with this fight on live server.
    The encounter does reset if the two rangers are "defeated" by Laereth though, could it be what caused the resets for you ?
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    Never had any problem with this fight on live server.
    The encounter does reset if the two rangers are "defeated" by Laereth though, could it be what caused the resets for you ?
    No. Had the tank pull Lhaereth and kite her around. Typically isn't an issue, but has happened a few times.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Some bosses tend to reset when they come too close to entrance/exit gates, so it might happen while kiting ? Not sure what else might be happening.
    It never reset for us, even when trying a strat/group that ended up in a 12min fight.
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

This happened to us if Lhaereth defeated both Rangers without any of the players having any aggro on Lhaereth (eg noone having hit her or taunted her). Easily solved by taunting her just before she kills the second ranger, which causes the fight to continue normally. At least that worked for us.

Yes if both npc are killed, and no one of the players attacked her the fight will resett, because no one is infight with her. But it happend to us that the bad boss resettet, after we kitet him for about 1min.
    Gertes

Had Lhaereth reset countless times yesterday - with one ranger dead, both rangers dead, no ranger dead... aggroing her, not aggroing her... Seems completely random.
    It was so frustrating we just did T2 after trying for like an hour. Got the Challenge Chest though, lol.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

I think they added a new mechanic to prevent some exploits, adds or bosses seem to resett if they get kitet for to long (if they can´t hit someone). Just make sure to aggro her and let her hit you sometimes, and every thing should be fine.
    Gertes

Yes it'll reset if you kite it for too long without allowing her to hit you once in a while, but that mechanic has been around for a long time.

Can any champ post their build for the last fight in t2c? tank, champ and mini last night. I was at 175k PM. It looked very slow and the fight kept resetting. I wonder if there is a timer or something.
    Ricardofurriel 115 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ethirielll View Post
    Yes it'll reset if you kite it for too long without allowing her to hit you once in a while, but that mechanic has been around for a long time.
    Yep , this is correct.

However , rangers seem to be completely unrelated , so you can let her kill them to buy you some extra pain-free time : D

Quote Originally Posted by Ethirielll View Post
    The pain is that the fight keeps resetting for various, but totally incomprehensible reasons.

Last two nights we did some runs again. I was looking to do it with friends and not looking for "ideal" group make up, so we did it with blue-yellow warden (me), red captain and blue hunter.
    While this make up is not ideal on Boss 2, on last Boss it´s quite fast. Small bats die in about 10-15 seconds, and till CM Boss spawns there are very few left.

So we can exclude pace from the pool of reset reasons, there are no or next to no bats escaping.
    As well we can exclude Rangers dying, because at our pace both rangers are healthy as ironmans at the time CM Boss spawns.

Now it happened about 5 times in a row, that the fight resets 5 seconds after CM Boss spawns.
    He just spawns, I aggro him, Hunter starts to dps him and the fight resets. No kiting at all involved at that time, both rangers at good health, zero small bats escaped.

On the next attempts, the time the CM Boss spawned, I aggro him and Laereth at the same time and start to kite. While kiting, I constantly damage and taunt both Bosses and the rest of the pack, and sometimes I get hit.
    Fight still resets, sometimes after 10 seconds of kiting, sometimes after 20 seconds, sometimes when CM Boss is about to die, which ofc is the most depressing point of time...
    So kiting Bosses for too long without damaging the Bosses or getting hits from the bosses, we can exclude as well as reset reason.

After about 10 resets in a row, the instance seemed to have lost motivation to annoy us and generously allowed us to finish it.
    The CM lootbox contained, as expected, nice purple jewels, another act of great generosity.

So in the time we could have farmed the whole instance multiple times, we finished it once per night due to reset issues. Quite motivating.

What I really don´t understand is that I did not experience those reset-series when we do that innstance with guard, mini and champ.
    On about 10-15 runs with this group makeup, on final boss we had about 3-5 resets in total. Although, ofc, we are much slower!?

Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

1)Try getting your heal class to heal tag lhaereth's target ranger to put yourself and your group in her aggro list. ( no need to aggro her , just heal tag )

2)Don't kite if you can avoid it.

Those are my personal workarounds , not to say this instance is not broken reset-wise ofc...
    Needs a fix for sure.

It gets on my nerves...
    Two days in a row now the same exprience. As some people said here already, the boss resets in Seregost for various and not expected reasons.
    We had no bat escaping, meaning no bat was sitting on the cauldron.
    Then the NPCs died, allthough there had been heals on NPCs, she just did not move and before the tank could attack her, she reseted. That was not even long like 1 second. And we had to go again.
    Sorry but like this the game is no fun anymore. I am not paying VIP every month to get this.
    Some people payed quiet some money on this expansion, in order to do what? Play on bugged instances?
    Do you really expect people to keep playing when you just keep giving people bugged content?
    And i concicer to go on a break again, since the instances are still bugged and for me as endgamer, there is apart from some daylies which are also boring after 2 month of doing the same stuff, nothing to do.

Vanyiarel R15 Minstrel ~ Andhfara R13 Captain ~ Estelrod R10 RK ~ Runyareth R9 Minstrel
    *Challenger of Gothmog* - Riddles in the Dark - Evernight