We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sarnur bosses

  1. #1

    Sarnur bosses

    Today I were trying to to Sarnur bosses deed with a hunter. A hunter! With track! We running around in Sarnur for an hour and half, tracking, and cannot find 1 boss. Appearantly the cooldown time for respawn is still 3 hours. If anyone killed the bosses, you will have to wait 3 hours for a new respawn, and even so, maybe the spawn bosses are not the one you need for the deed. This is ridiculous. This is not endgame content, no longer for at least 9 years, maybe it's time to lower the cooldown, lets say 10m or something.

  2. #2
    Like you said, it's not endgame content for 9 years. So with that logic, you should have no problem finding the bosses when they respawn? It's not like 50 other players are camping that map's spawns... every time I enter Sarnur on Arkenstone, it's empty.

    3 hours is a minor inconvenience but it's not THAT bad.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionlyzerg View Post
    Like you said, it's not endgame content for 9 years. So with that logic, you should have no problem finding the bosses when they respawn? It's not like 50 other players are camping that map's spawns... every time I enter Sarnur on Arkenstone, it's empty.

    3 hours is a minor inconvenience but it's not THAT bad.
    People still go there for deed and rep, and wasting 1.5 hour of my limit play time just to look for a mob isn't fun. Sarnur is not an instance you can convenient jump in wherever in the world. It's far off the road, there is no swift travel there. Or you have to take a long ride there to check and then a long ride back to the quest hub/festival/whatever you're doing, or you have to totally drop whatever you're doing and just camp in Sarnur, log in every few hours hoping the bosses that spawn next is the one you need, and no one doing deed or farming rep kill it just 5m before you log in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    90
    I totally agree, and have created threads in the past to this effect. The cooldown on Sarnur boss respawn times is ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirain View Post
    People still go there for deed and rep, and wasting 1.5 hour of my limit play time just to look for a mob isn't fun. Sarnur is not an instance you can convenient jump in wherever in the world. It's far off the road, there is no swift travel there. Or you have to take a long ride there to check and then a long ride back to the quest hub/festival/whatever you're doing, or you have to totally drop whatever you're doing and just camp in Sarnur, log in every few hours hoping the bosses that spawn next is the one you need, and no one doing deed or farming rep kill it just 5m before you log in.
    You are wrong, it is extremely convenient. It takes like 3 minutes to get to Sarnur by horse (2 mins if you have a warsteed) from Thorin's Hall. Thorin's Hall has a "Return to" skill that you can get on any character.

    I think you are just making a big deal over something that is insignificant and likely not going to be addressed in an update because of how small of an issue it is, if it can be called an issue at all. Every time that I have entered Sarnur, it has taken 10 minutes (or less) to check all of the spawn points for the bosses. If you know where to look, via LOTRO-wiki, you will find that what you're complaining about is very minor. It does not take "1.5 hours" to find a single NPC.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionlyzerg View Post
    You are wrong, it is extremely convenient. It takes like 3 minutes to get to Sarnur by horse (2 mins if you have a warsteed) from Thorin's Hall. Thorin's Hall has a "Return to" skill that you can get on any character.

    I think you are just making a big deal over something that is insignificant and likely not going to be addressed in an update because of how small of an issue it is, if it can be called an issue at all. Every time that I have entered Sarnur, it has taken close to 10 minutes to check all of the spawn points for the bosses. If you know where to look, via LOTRO-wiki, you will find that what you're complaining about is very minor. It does not take "1.5 hours" to find a single NPC.
    It TOOK me and a hunter 1.5 hours today, because we don't know if the bosses was kill 5m ago, or 30m ago, or 3 hours ago, and we rather get it done than come back later and have to wait all over again because we don't know, again, if the bosses are there or just been killed 5m, or 1 hour, or 2 hours ago. Don't you get it? EVERYTIME you come back, there is a chance that someone just killed the bosses 5m ago and you have to wait 3 hours, specially if you play in primetime.

    3 hours wiping in a raid, I can take it. At least I can actually PLAY. 3 hours just running in circle to look for a mob is a waste of time and totally unnecessity.

    And the forums is kind of here so we can post "complain", as you say (I prefer to call it feedback).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,400
    I have given up trying to get all the bosses, people ARE still going in there a lot; last time I tried there were 3 other players. I have tried waiting for server resets and STILL been beaten to the kill, as they spawn in different places and someone else got lucky.

    The only use for Sarnur these days is to quickly gather rep, for those of us unwilling to pay the STUPID prices regularly asked for in the AH these days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    2,560
    Spent several hours recently in multiple sessions trying to get IceRender.

    Finally I got him after a server maintenance window, getting in early.

    Not saying you are wrong Ionlyzerg, but many people has a lot of trouble getting this done, regardless of knowing the spawn points. I have done the deed on 5 characters out of 11 and I still have woes on the remaining because I know it can be a huge time sink.

    As of recently I will only get in there after a server maintenance and multiboxing a few of my characters so I can get it done on as many as possible with as little effort as possible.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

  9. #9
    Sarnur on level is a major time- and effort- sink. Fighting your way into, and out of, all the spawn locations is not fun. It is annoying.

    So don't do it. Go do other stuff and come back when you're over-levelled and everything is gray. Now you can explore the caverns without interference from other mobs. You can scout the whole place to see if the boss(es) you need has spawned and proceed from there. Which includes walking away because the boss you need isn't there.

    If you want to do this on level then you'll have to deal with things "as is". As mentioned in a previous message SSG does not want to alter old code. Altering old code is likely to create more bugs. Particularly if the section of code is a tangle of unremarked spaghetti code that goes back to the "First Age" (LotRO release date: April 2007). Here Be Dragons!

    This becomes particularly true if SSG really is working on a 64 bit engine. There is no point fixing non-critical bugs if they're releasing the new engine in about a year (no ETA announced yet). All they have to do is make sure any desired changes are in the new engine.

    PS: A hunter's tracking ability in multiple tiered locations is useless without familiarity of the terrain's height and any overlap in navigable terrain. Tracking is done in a 360 degree spherical arc; potential targets to the side, above, and below, the hunter's location are all included for consideration. So the hunter has to know that spawn point X is up a flight of stairs while the one a few pixels to it's side is down 3 tiers and cannot be reached except by falling or travelling through a zone gate. This height challenge is constantly in the game: South-guard Ruins (Bree), Nan Dhelu (Lonelands), Garth Agarwen, Goblintown (most noticeable in the Prison), Icereave Mines (Forochel), Fornost (any), and... far too many other places.

  10. #10
    No one is doing this on level now. I'm lv 92 and the hunter is 115. It still a time sink, and specially boring, running around doing nothing, not sure when the bosses will spawn because you don't know when they were killed last time. And it's very unfortunate for you if you're looking for the boss at this spot but it spawn on the other spot, and some guy who don't even need the boss, just running around farmming rep for his alt, beat you to it, because again, no one doing it on level now, and it only took a high level player couple second to kill it.
    Last edited by Tirain; Oct 18 2017 at 01:53 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,587
    I support this idea. Shorter re-spawns would reduce frustration.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    I support this idea. Shorter re-spawns would reduce frustration.
    But if they are shorter, wouldn't that make them tougher targets?


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    But if they are shorter, wouldn't that make them tougher targets?
    Not for my hobbit guard !!!!

  14. #14
    Guys why do you want make things easy...at least there is something that cannot be done quickly using scrolls, fast travel, wiki-lotro etc. You need to have patience bit of luck and maybe some helpful friends. At the end it's the feeling that you have done something special that cannot be bought by money and read on wiki.

    Enjoy this

    I wish there would be more instances and bosses like this.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload