We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up

My favourite part of the Festival? The rewards, of course! There're some very nice housing items, pets, and warsteed outfits. The new cosmetic is pretty, too.

long live bingo

Running drinks out to my thirsty friends all over the map.

(Inn League deliveries.)

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

We really enjoyed the scary stories as well! Well done!

Checking the new steed.

Favorite part

I liked Bingo Boffin and the campfire stories.

Favorite part of Harvestmath

So far, as this is my first year of playing LOTRO, I would have to say its the Bingo Boffin festival quest. The twist of having to wait until next year to learn the meaning of the cryptic prophecy, is especially spooky.
    I also liked that in the Boffin children's campfire stories, the final story (from the book we fetched) seems to be based on The Red Shoes by Hans Christian Anderson. This seems to hint playfully that the original folk tale from which Anderson derived his story is actually based on some ancient story passed down in the "Chill ______" tome we retrieved from the Great Smials library for Bingo.
    It would be so much fun if we could have more stories with Bingo and the Boffins in the future. There is a wealth of folktales they could draw from. One of my favorites is a Russian folktale called The Soldier and Death. its retold in English by Arthur Ransome and is also inspired by Godfather Death. A soldier returns home after 20 years of war, with three biscuits in his knapsack. On his way he meets three beggars to whom he gives the biscuits; in return one gives him a ruby whistle, one the jolliest dance, and the final man, who gets the last biscuit despite the soldier being hungry himself, in return gives him a pack of magic playing cards and a musty sack that has the power to trap anything ordered into it.
    In fact, this story has all the elements of a great quest, complete with the objectives already written.
    Jim Henson included the story in his production The Storyteller. You can see part of the story, (the part where he uses the magic cards and the magic sack to outsmart and trap evil spirits) on youtube here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyNkZ-ZQ0k

Bingo! Bingo! More Bingo Boffin, please.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

"What is your favorite part of the Harvestmath Festival?"

The new Bingo quest was amazing (was great to see him again!), you've done an awesome job there MoL!

I also lovelovelove the new pumpkin bog-lurker pet! It's totally adorable!

horse races, bacause they are so easy to do.

I stopped doing festivals a few years ago because they were so repetitive. It's hard to pick a favorite part of something I haven't done in years.

The Haunted Burrow!

My favorite part of the festival is the Haunted Burrow. I specially like the way in which players get to discover it.

I haven't done the festival, but I do like the Bingo quests. Still busy with the original ones, though.

The favorite thing I like to do with festival quests that ask me to go to the party tree?
    Accept, finish and get the xp, then sell the map for seven copper.
    Not much, but hey: seven copper is still money :-).
    Last edited by Boristown; Oct 13 2017 at 02:12 PM.
    When Life Gives You Rotten Lemons, Your Lemonade Will Taste Horrible !

What is your favorite part of the Harvestmath Festival?

Obviously that you can get the cowbell. I've got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post

Obviously that you can get the cowbell. I've got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.
    I did see that, but I haven't purchased it yet. I want ALL THE STUFF. But, cowbell!

OK, I have to find the time to check out the new Bingo quest. Sounds like everyone is loving it.

Favorite part of the Harvestmath festival - the free XP and map you get on completing the auto bestowal quest.

Bingo ftw baby
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Bingo has grown on me

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    "What is your favorite part of the Harvestmath Festival?"

Bingo and his stories.
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden
    Caedomae, Hunter; Dollydagger, Burglar; Dympnae, Warden (sort of); Fiachrae, Rune-Keeper; Huszy, Axe-Slinger; Lornaer, Minstrel; Raechael, Lore-Master

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirillin View Post
    I also lovelovelove the new pumpkin bog-lurker pet! It's totally adorable!
    Oh my, yes. This too! And the crazy funny names folks are giving them
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden
    Caedomae, Hunter; Dollydagger, Burglar; Dympnae, Warden (sort of); Fiachrae, Rune-Keeper; Huszy, Axe-Slinger; Lornaer, Minstrel; Raechael, Lore-Master

bingo quest

Thumbs up "What is your favorite part of the Harvestmath Festival?"

Lovelaaay

Awesome! Could really use some turbine coins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast