We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Let us display a musical instrument as part of our outfit!

On the character creation screen, the minstrel is wearing a lute on his/her back. It looks very cool.

Please allow us to display our musical instrument of choice on our backs in-game.

Or at least add cosmetic items for the cloak slot that mimic musical instruments.

Thanks!

I don't recall anyone in the lore, or derived works, wandering around with musical instruments on display... just sayin.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post
    I don't recall anyone in the lore, or derived works, wandering around with musical instruments on display... just sayin.
    There are tons of things in LOTRO that weren't originally in the books, not least of all the 2 lore-breaking magic classes. Why on earth would you draw the line at wearing a musical instrument on your back? Or did you just show up to #### on my thread? Thanks anyway for bumping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebruixe View Post
    On the character creation screen, the minstrel is wearing a lute on his/her back. It looks very cool.

Please allow us to display our musical instrument of choice on our backs in-game.

Or at least add cosmetic items for the cloak slot that mimic musical instruments.

Thanks!

I've wondered about this for a long time. Are there ANY cosmetic backpacks with musical instruments on them? If not...why?

We've got backpacks with just about everything else on them (bags, bundles, axes, fish, shields, traps, skins, scrolls, holly, etc, etc) why not some with instruments. Especially for Minstrels this would seem to be very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post

So, you think all those traveling Minstrels just stuck their lutes in their pockets?

Interesting.