We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by clrsf06 View Post
    Saw your post soon as I submitted mine. Obviously there's a Titan Bar problem somewhere for there to be a fix :-)

Where would I find this fix by Thurallor? On LotroInterface Site? In case mine's not working on log in this morning I'd like to have the fix info handy.

Thanks!
    It's here - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tBoxpatch.html

Reason is in the patch notes for last update. Down at the bottom, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Illepokok View Post
    Is anyone else seeing the Filter control in the middle of the list in the quest logs? It can't be moved and it may cause accidental filtering of items in the quest log, if it works that way. Can this control be moved to some other location on the screen, or does anyone have another fix?

Thanks
    Yes, mine is like this with the icons about two-thirds of the way down. It does look like it would be fairly easy to miss-click them.

Quote Originally Posted by clrsf06 View Post
    Saw your post soon as I submitted mine. Obviously there's a Titan Bar problem somewhere for there to be a fix :-)

Where would I find this fix by Thurallor? On LotroInterface Site? In case mine's not working on log in this morning I'd like to have the fix info handy.

Thanks!
    Ok, a bit off the original post subject I know but did want to post I found the fix alluded to, so posting the URL in case anyone realizes they may need this TitanBar fix after reading thru this thread.

I swear this is my last post on this lol!

Found on LotroInterface, in the comments on Titan Bar by Technical13: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-TitanBar.html

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    Is anyone else seeing the Filter control in the middle of the list in the quest logs?
    The Quest Log filter controls should always appear at the bottom left by the Add To Tracker button. Are you using a custom skin? Is the problem the same for all characters on your account? I haven't been able to reproduce this in-house; characters with a completely full Quest Log and characters with an empty Quest Log show the buttons in the correct location for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    The Quest Log filter controls should always appear at the bottom left by the Add To Tracker button. Are you using a custom skin? Is the problem the same for all characters on your account? I haven't been able to reproduce this in-house; characters with a completely full Quest Log and characters with an empty Quest Log show the buttons in the correct location for me.
    Checked this with skin collection skins and I have filter button on fixed place, wrong place I assume. When I collapse quest log quest panel is behind the filter buttons:

Red circle is photoshopped and image made a bit smaller and other skin is broken on UI elements. Maybe that skin pack makes UI bigger than it's on default skin.

skin pack
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...dle_earth.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The feedback on Hobnanigans filtering is pretty clear. Hopefully we can get it working with the filtering system in the future.
    Could you please ask if they can move the filter buttons to the top of the quest window too? It's very easy to click on by mistake.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Thanks Silorien. I do use a custom skin. I'll some more tests with and without the custom skin.

Silorien, I have confirmed that the issue is not visible once I turn off my custom skin AND then restart the client. Do you have any suggestions on how to modify the custom skin to deal with this?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Do you have any suggestions on how to modify the custom skin to deal with this?
    A workaround could be to identify which background element is shorter than the default graphic and make it the same length. However, the problem isn't really with the custom skin, it's something hierarchical with the control. I need to modify the buttons to use the same offset dependency that the other buttons at the bottom are using. If you can live with the problem for a short while, I'll get a fix in as soon as I'm able.

A workaround could be to identify which background element is shorter than the default graphic and make it the same length. However, the problem isn't really with the custom skin, it's something hierarchical with the control. I need to modify the buttons to use the same offset dependency that the other buttons at the bottom are using. If you can live with the problem for a short while, I'll get a fix in as soon as I'm able.
    Once again, thanks Silorien, for the quick response to my posting. I know you guys must be busy after this release. Great work and some very cool additions to the game.

If you can live with the problem for a short while, I'll get a fix in as soon as I'm able.
    Thank you. (Yes, I use custom skins.)

Is it also possible to repair the german quest interface? Problem: Players are complaining that they are too heavy because they can not see it is a quest for small fellowship when they accept a quest. The text and symbol "kleine Gefährtengruppe" disappears in the german client at the top under the window frame (perhaps because the text is longer than in English?). This Problem exist for all quests of the type "small fellowships". Bugreports are unfortunately without success since 2015 (Update 16) .

Last edited by Thodorin; Oct 11 2017 at 04:32 PM.

I am using this one
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...cedpanels.html
    Since it's a great skin (that doesn't actually change quest log afaik) and hasn't been updated since 2015, it would be great if you could work something out.
    Thank you.

Just wanted to let you know that the hotfix this morning did not resolve this issue. It is a minor issue that has a workaround, and I appreciate all the work you guys are doing.

Just wanted to let you know that the hotfix this morning did not resolve this issue.
    It's a bit of a guess at this point, but skinning data is up to date for me locally and that could explain why I don't see the problem. I'll have to work on putting a skinning update together, but unfortunately you probably won't be seeing that until our next major patch. I'll explore any other possibilities I can think of in the meantime as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Update 21.2.1 Release Notes

UI

•German clients can now see the Small Fellowship text on the Quest Bestow panel. ...
    Did it make the correction really in the patch? Unfortunately, the error persists:

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    Did it make the correction really in the patch? Unfortunately, the error persists
    The change made it into the patch, but it didn't fix your problem apparently. I took a stab at fixing it because the person who would've normally fixed this kind of issue was out. Unfortunately, my fix wasn't a good one, but the problem will be fixed properly in the next patch.

Do you have any suggestions on how to modify the custom skin to deal with this?
    I have verified that this is indeed a problem with the skin since it resizes the window and repositions buttons. Probably the only way to fix this is to modify the SkinDefinitions.xml of the skin to add entries for the new buttons. I believe you're using JRR Delving Hills "Large," so a fix for that would be to add these lines to the \ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\# Delving Hills#\_# Large toolbar #\SkinDefinition.xml file somewhere within the <Element ID="Quest_Journal_Page" ... > block (I stuck them at line 3270):

Code:
          <Element ID="QuestJournal_FilterCharacter_Button" X="5" Y="684" Width="36" Height="33"> 
          </Element>
          <Element ID="QuestJournal_FilterAccount_Button" X="41" Y="684" Width="36" Height="33"> 
          </Element>
    It's not beautiful, but it works. I'm guessing that most JRR Skins are similarly affected, so these elements will have to be added to each SkinDefinition.xml file with relative X and Y adjustments.

The change made it into the patch, but it didn't fix your problem apparently. I took a stab at fixing it because the person who would've normally fixed this kind of issue was out. Unfortunately, my fix wasn't a good one, but the problem will be fixed properly in the next patch.
    OK. Thank you for the efforts.

If you can live with the problem for a short while, I'll get a fix in as soon as I'm able.I have verified that this is indeed a problem with the skin since it resizes the window and repositions buttons. Probably the only way to fix this is to modify the SkinDefinitions.xml of the skin to add entries for the new buttons. I believe you're using JRR Delving Hills "Large," so a fix for that would be to add these lines to the \ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\# Delving Hills#\_# Large toolbar #\SkinDefinition.xml file somewhere within the <Element ID="Quest_Journal_Page" ... > block (I stuck them at line 3270):

Code:
          <Element ID="QuestJournal_FilterCharacter_Button" X="5" Y="684" Width="36" Height="33"> 
          </Element>
          <Element ID="QuestJournal_FilterAccount_Button" X="41" Y="684" Width="36" Height="33"> 
          </Element>
    It's not beautiful, but it works. I'm guessing that most JRR Skins are similarly affected, so these elements will have to be added to each SkinDefinition.xml file with relative X and Y adjustments.
    THANK YOU!! I will tell my in-game friends who use skins to modify their SkinDefinitions xml file

PLEASE put this fix into the announcements or something where EVERYBODY will see it!

You guys can't imagine just HOW MANY of your players love to play with SKINS!!

I have verified that this is indeed a problem with the skin since it resizes the window and repositions buttons. Probably the only way to fix this is to modify the SkinDefinitions.xml of the skin to add entries for the new buttons. I believe you're using JRR Delving Hills "Large," so a fix for that would be to add these lines to the \ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\# Delving Hills#\_# Large toolbar #\SkinDefinition.xml file somewhere within the <Element ID="Quest_Journal_Page" ... > block (I stuck them at line 3270):

Code:
          </Element>
          </Element>
    Thanks again Silorien.

Thumbs up Thank you Siloren !

Code:
          </Element>
          </Element>

Hello and thank you very much Siloren for communicating these "precious" entries !
    You were expecting right, the "JRR" skins share the same custom panels.

I have edited the quest log panel sizings and the bottom buttons locations to make it look a bit more balanced.
    The fixed skin packs will be deployed on Lotrointerface today.

Regards,

Adra.

Many thanks to the staff. The bug is now fixed on Bullroarer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2