We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    at 4 times the cost?

Sorry, I'm not an all day raid ash farmer, I don't have that mush ash lying around....
    Nor does anyone who doesn't raid farm landscape. Seems to me they gave up on reading way back on page three, and stuck with their original plan. Agarnaith is already a lag-fest because of the ash farming, this is just going to make it all the worse. Most players will ash farm, rather than buy keys.

Very sorry that the outcome has made so many out of pocket. It's not fair.

I give up on ever seeing a quality game here nowadays.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Guys, we wont get anything more than what cordovan announced.

Deal with it. A downscale is the best we could get from them.
    I will deal with it ... no more real money for Standing Stones.

Thanks SSG, I think I just lost half my f**king alliance for your incompetence.
    Canesia - Guardian, Maeluivrennil - RK
    Leader of Phoenix Legion on Laurelin
    Leader of Innocent raid alliance

One point of clarification since it's come up: If you acquired a level 330 Incomparable item from a loot box or instance, that item will remain unchanged after the hotfix. This only applies to Incomparable gear from the barter vendor.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Nor does anyone who doesn't raid farm landscape. Seems to me they gave up on reading way back on page three, and stuck with their original plan. Agarnaith is already a lag-fest because of the ash farming, this is just going to make it all the worse. Most players will ash farm, rather than buy keys.

Very sorry that the outcome has made so many out of pocket. It's not fair.

I give up on ever seeing a quality game here nowadays.
    I think, other then the obvious disgust with the 'solution to their mistake' is, they actually at this point are encouraguing the raid farming with the prices they are gouging people with.

All that drama over removing loot in LR farms, its in direct contrast to what they actually want now.

This is the new lotro, afk killing mobs in a raid of 248
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Forasizo View Post
    I will deal with it ... no more real money for Standing Stones.
    I already did it and i dont think ill play till they dont decide what to do with the gear.

I dont mind to craft items that i will trash in couple days.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    You're right.

And in return they'll get a downscale on my sub.

Thanks for listening to your playerbase SSG.
    Yours and that of many others I imagine, but I don't think they care. I think to push this out regardless of the uproar, they are desperate for turnover. It's the only explanation I can think of why they would hit so many players so hard. Tick tock is all that's left til lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Essy_EU View Post
    Thanks SSG, I think I just lost half my f**king alliance for your incompetence.
    Not only you, can't even get a group motivated anymore to even do the instances now...
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

The Bandits Raid Alliance - Laurelin
    http://thebandits.guildlaunch.com/

Virtue & Traitpoint Tracker
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...tpoint-Tracker

Please, as hundreds of posts already stated. It is your screw-up SSG, now take the hit.

Please just open ash-enchanter again and leave prices as it is. Rather than all this extrawork for devs which is totally un-necessary.

Prices are not that far-off or that cheap when you consider players want multiple gears for tank builds/ dps builds/ glass cannon builds/ mitigation builds/ crit def builds etc etc.

You also have a new moneygrab with solvents, so you should be all set on the financial gain situation...
    Thonras r13/r8 Blackarrow - Erenthenn r11/r7 Hunter- Seodric r11/r5 Burglar - Nomno r8 Warg - Grusnash r8 Reaver - Durumdor r7 Runekeeper - Flemendor r7 Champion - Carranham r6 Captain
    Challenger and Original Challenger of Gothmog - Evernight/Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    Not only you, can't even get a group motivated anymore to even do the instances now...
    LOL, we have brand new instances out and we are planning Thorog and ash farms... awesome.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I don't lose much on the itemside. Replaced a yellow earring and necklace, but I lost the motivation to play mordor in the near future. Just finished questing in mordor with my first char and was starting the dailies, was fun to play my hunter again, though the class is still broken. (BA still dealing twice the bleed damage of LW tier 4.)

This ash mess, the still broken hunter (bugged barrage tiering, broken LW scaling) and the uselessness of all the allegiance coins, didn't strip me of gear as one of the early ideas from SSG would have, but it stripped me of my motivation to play.

As others have mentioned, purple items feel too expensive.

btw: Why can't I turn my crafted doomfold gear into ash? I can only craft one of it per day (->CD)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    The big question however..... remains unanswered.

The big question, not as big as the ultimate one whose answer is 42, but still rather significant is....

When?

It's a spoonful of sugar, nothing more.

Can any dev explain, how to get 200 LoE from t1 istances?
    I have 160-164 on my chars, t1 drop random 12 LoE items with low chance, so i need 36-40\2 = 18-20 rare LoE items. I HAVE NO 20 SLOTS. Even if i had it will take me a year to get this with such drop rate and RNG stats.
    There MUST BE an option to run t1 for 200 LoE, now this is just impossible. I don't want to farm ash (and i won't) in update that you call "Instance cluster", i want to run instances to get my gear. Why i can't do this?
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    I have 160-164 on my chars, t1 drop random 12 LoE items with low chance, so i need 36-40\2 = 18-20 rare LoE items. I HAVE NO 20 SLOTS. Even if i had it will take me a year to get this with such drop rate and RNG stats.
    There MUST BE an option to run t1 for 200 LoE, now this is just impossible. I don't want to farm ash (and i won't) in update that you call "Instance cluster", i want to run instances to get my gear. Why i can't do this?
    HEY!

Good news... ashes will be account bound, I mean.. like.. not now.. but SOMEDAY.... you should just be freaking happy they are tossing us that bone after their disaster of a mess up. Right?

Aren't you happy?

Aren't you?

./sarcasm off

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

This is a classic bait and switch tactic literally by definition. Considering real money was involved in acquiring the gear I do not even understand how this is legal to move forward with your player base. Cordovan, whoever you have to talk to i would strongly advise against this decision or I believe there will be more repercussions than just lost subs.

They won't answer directly because that sentence involves the words "buy" and "keys", and they will never ever be that upfront about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    One point of clarification since it's come up: If you acquired a level 330 Incomparable item from a loot box or instance, that item will remain unchanged after the hotfix. This only applies to Incomparable gear from the barter vendor.
    Can you please let us know whats going to happen with the t10 essence we slotted on the 330 Incomparable gear?

Original Challenger of the Abyss
    Alliance of the First Age ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by numenos20 View Post
    Can you please let us know whats going to happen with the t10 essence we slotted on the 330 Incomparable gear?
    I'm guessing you have to buy essence reclaim scrolls on your dime (store or marks/meds) and unslot them before you ash the gear.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Have you looked at Gorgoroth Crafting Vendor at Udun Foothold? 16 light earrings, 16 light bracelets, 16 light Armour, 26 light book. Will lose some stats/essence slots in some areas -- if you're lucky enough to have Light essences they will help.

Farm T1 3 man for Fragment for the recipes. I've seen 5 of them across 3 runs. Possible our groups were lucky, but shouldn't be a prohibitive drop rate. Obviously when you acquire enough Ash to purchase the new teals then you can upgrade to teal, too. New Allegiance cloak is +4 light, too. Not necessarily endorsing this gearing process, just saying how I've seen it seeming to work thus far.
    Last edited by canyouaddcolour; Oct 12 2017 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numenos20 View Post
    The essences will be retained in the gear, unless you disenchant it, in which case you'll want to use an Essence Reclamation Scroll prior to disenchanting it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

The essences will be retained in the gear, unless you disenchant it, in which case you'll want to use an Essence Reclamation Scroll prior to disenchanting it.
    ... and you have to get it before (a nice opportunity to look for the fair prizes in our excellent standing stones shop) ... are you kidding me?

They should be recompensated with the reclaim scrolls. No player puts the top BIS essences into old update gear. The system fix should automatically include a reclaim scroll for any pieces bought that had essence slots. Alternatively the t10 essence should retain in their inventory after disenchantment.

I was hoping for better gear from instances. Personally, I had nothing else to do on lotro, so I farmed hard for Black keys and weekly teal boxes. Got the 130k alleg rep cloak which helped a bit. Somehow RNG helped me such that I had 6 +10 light essences going into update. All but burnt out going into this update. Barely had enough light to get 200 light on two of my 5 115's. I actually had 198 on Hunter and used a random 12 light bracelet to get to 200. It is tough to get to 200.

What I don't know is where all you get the crafted mats from. Did T2c 3man last night. Got one crafting mat to drop

Rip lotro
    10/2017

Every player in the game that's 115 that logged in yesterday, or prior to the closing of the npc, if you can get that granular, should get essence removal scrolls for every essence slot in a full set of the gear (armor + jewelry) for this mistake. They're just pixels, they won't cost you anything, and you'll be doing the right thing. Make them bind on acquire.
    Last edited by Snowlock; Oct 11 2017 at 03:36 PM.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast