We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
    I find it funny how this thread kicked up more dust than Mordor announcement.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

it's funny cause its true...

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Seriously 504 posts in less than 24 hours. haven't seen a community-wide fiasco like this since....Rohan? Free-to-Play? not even sure.

[QUOTE=maartena;7778900]

I do very much get the feeling they are working under deadlines, and delivering a half-assed product that meets the deadline is more important than quality control. QUOTE]

Agreed. The team is just too small to be churning out this much stuff for 2 games. Mordor should've come out around now. Honestly, every update this year for Lotro and event has had issues and I think they can all go back to time in the oven. People don't mind waiting a little for updates and I do not believe anyone expects an update every 3-4 months. If they want money grabs just use your great awesome artist who has been churning out great items like the kites/event horses and make some store items.

SSG got something many companies never get and that is reboot on everything from reputation to consumer confidence, but in less than a year they have managed to lose any momentum gained with these shoddy updates.
    Pinched - Burglar - Founding member of the Kin that Says Nii on Landroval.

You know what the funny thing is in all of this..... I had not realized they CLOSED the ash vendor until I went to the vendor to check whats there now and it didn't work.... oblivious as I was (I had worked late, came home late, not paying attention to world chat because yet ANOTHER Trump/Clinton discussion had broken out, and I closed it.....) .... so I opened up a ticket reporting it.

.... I got a ticket update in less than 3 minutes explaining that it was a known issue and being looked at. 3 minutes!!! If only they were that fast when we have in-game problems!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    I find it amusing writer of that article is lotro player and has no idea patch was 21.2, then puts some random twitter posts in article, lol. No wonder gaming "Journalism" has died. Not that I disagree with the topic but it's sad how terrible articles they make.
    I noticed the same thing. Welcome to the age of #fakenews.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    The Mordor announcement kicked up a lot more threads than this in fairness. The difference with this is 99% of the population are in agreement and everyone is eagerly awaiting the result because it's already live. The Mordor announcement came long before it's launch, there were a lot of people sitting it out.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    I find it amusing writer of that article is lotro player and has no idea patch was 21.2, then puts some random twitter posts in article, lol. No wonder gaming "Journalism" has died. Not that I disagree with the topic but it's sad how terrible articles they make.
    Yeah, you can often spot issues with many gaming mags because they have their writers stretched thin and playing multiple games. I am a one-game kind of person. I can only really get into one, but again I work fulltime, have a family, etc. I still couldn't imagine playing more than 1-2 games and writing articles with that knowledge consistently and effectively.
    Pinched - Burglar - Founding member of the Kin that Says Nii on Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirv View Post
    Posted by Cordovan, Community Manager, on page one of this topic:
    When the hotfix goes out, the Incomparable items from the High-Enchanter barter vendor will be four times the cost they were today, prior to us disabling the vendor. Characters who have already acquired one of these items will see the item stripped of its benefits when the hotfix goes live, but will be able to turn in the item and receive the amount of Ash they used to make the item.

There ya go, I just helped you.
    Sorry, I didn't know that benefits referred to all essence slots and stats rather than relative benefits compared to other gear. If I have teal gear on, I consider purple gear to have no benefits. I figured that if you could change the stats on gear to zero, why not just change them to not zero but say scale them to 328 or something. Why not keep the essence slots on them so people can get them back?

Either way, it sounds like most of the discussion is screw one camp or the other. Sure people got gear in innocence. I know a lot of people who were disgusted with the grind for light before the update. Now a ton of people get a free pass to 200 light for T2, while I know a lot of people who still don't have near 200 light.

The overall progression seems to be t1 to get mats to get 200 light to run t2 to get stuff to run T2c. I ran the stupid grind every day on all my toons to get the stupid 130k allegiance rep cloak because I was under the impression that I would not be able to run T2 without it. So yes, having 25% of the server unintentionally and innocently getting cheap gear allowing it basically means some of us wasted time on the grind for nothing. Yes, it's SSG's fault, but it can't be just something like keep the gear there but screw everyone else who doesn't have the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    Roll back is the only right solution.
    What we supposed to wear when our gear will be stripped?

WHY I STILL PLAY THIS
    WRONG solution... just stop i got 2 NEW teals item level 331 from loot boxes and do not trust the RNG to get them again if rolled back... the ONLY solution thats fair is to keep prices atthe cheap rate

SSG will mistreat some people with any other solution

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I agree you should keep your gear. That said, I shouldn't have to pay more for mine, just because I didn't buy at the time.
    Most of the time I agree with you, but in this case I don't. They are between a rock and a hard place. They want to up the cost for everyone, but doing that is either completely unfair to us, or is going to be very difficult for them (lots of effort to unwind just the people who purchased while fairly giving them back the gear/essences and ash they had before). I think they need to strike a balance between effort to implement, fairness to user base, and one that gives SSG what they want (higher prices).

The best way I can think of is change the prices going forward only. That is easy to implement, gives SSG the higher price going forward, doesn't screw over those who got in early, and the downside is limited to "some pay less, most pay more."

I don't care that I got in early but didn't barter while I had the chance - oh well. Yeah, the prices seem high and involve grind, but I think SSG is headed there regardless. To try to unwind those who already bought this is likely not worth the time it would take. SSG has stats - how many REALLY took advantage - 1% of the user base, if that? Let's end the madness and move on. If they were willing to lower the prices for everyone that would obviously suffice, but I don't think that's a requirement to make most happy, nor is it the balanced approach that might appease SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    What a coincidence!

My decision to keep paying my sub is coming soon too.

Hopefully you have conveyed our messages, both polite and not so polite, to your colleagues.

How I feel. This is the straw for me, will it break the camel's back, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmunney View Post
    WRONG solution... just stop i got 2 NEW teals item level 331 from loot boxes and do not trust the RNG to get them again if rolled back... the ONLY solution thats fair is to keep prices atthe cheap rate

SSG will mistreat some people with any other solution
    Agree rolling back would be a horribly bad way to solve this - I think that solution would maximize how many users are angry. While I agree they make everyone happy if they keep the prices low, that seems illogical for SSG. Remember, they are all the way on the other side of the argument - wanting to increase the cost for everyone. The balanced solution is they change the price going forward. Most people will pay a higher price - some vast minority will have paid a lower price. So be it. It doesn't bother me that a few people paid less than me...there are many other issues I'd prefer them to address over this one.

Here ya go.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-Item-Bug-Fix

When Update 21 Patch 2 was released to the live worlds on October 10th, the cost for Incomparable items from the High-Enchanter Barter Vendor was incorrectly set when compared to the rest of the gear on offer. Once we recognized the issue, we temporarily disabled the vendor. We are working on a hotfix to correct this issue.

For players who already purchased Item Level 330 Incomparable gear, we have several options available. When the hotfix is released, already-purchased level 330 Incomparable items will be able to be disenchanted with the Flame of Ancalamir to return the full Ash of Gorgoroth cost, plus a number of Shadowed Essence Boxes equal to the number of Essence Slots on the gear. Already-purchased Item Level 330 Incomparable Gear will also have its stats adjusted to be approximately equivalent to the level 330 rare gear available through the High-Enchanter, and the Essence Slots will remain. This allows players to utilize the gear if they choose. Following the hotfix, Incomparable gear will have its correct vendor cost.

A soluti8n has been posted
    See announcements

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

They just posted their plan to fix. Taking gear to purple and offering refund.

Glad to see a fair compromise has been made. Now I don't have to cancel my subscription for all the wasted time.

Update: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-Item-Bug-Fix

Additionally, we are looking into making the Ash of Gorgoroth account-bound, although that's not specifically a part of this announcement (but is pretty big news).
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Aedunj View Post
    Either leave things like they are like u have done time and time again in the past or do a rollback. No more half measures that screws over your customers.
    Roll back does screw customers dumb idea

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Additionally, we are looking into making the Ash of Gorgoroth account-bound, although that's not specifically a part of this announcement (but is pretty big news).
    Yes, *please* make Ash account bound. Heck, if that ends up an outcome of all this it will have been worth it!

overall the best outcome, far better than the original announcement.
    Retired from EM until things are kinda balanced again

Decent solution.. Thank you.

The blind fanaticism and zeal these apologists have for SSG and their mistakes is part of what kills this game. You funnel your money and make excuses for poorly done content, an utter lack of official feedback from the people in charge, and bugs constantly going live that should have been weeded out.
    Original Challenger of Sapience
    Svin/Earaendil/Faeramir

I WOULD NOT have spent real cash for rare items had i known the situation. I was mislead into purchasing steel keys by the prices that were first implemented.

I'm assuming incomparable gear acquired through lootboxes or the new instances will NOT be affected?

I apologize if this has been proposed before, but how about instead of making the newly obtained incomparable items that a lot of players bartered with the cheap prices become useless give them stats of the previous incomparable items?

They can keep their name so that anyone who wants can exchange them for their original ash price, while the rest can still play comfortably with them until they gather more ash to get the new items at their proper price.

I bet it can work, with some work renaming the new items or finding some other names for the properly costed items.

Edit: Did they just announce what I just proposed, or did I get it wrong??? lol, I should type faster
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Tel'aran'rhiod View Post
    Most of the time I agree with you, but in this case I don't. They are between a rock and a hard place. They want to up the cost for everyone, but doing that is either completely unfair to us, or is going to be very difficult for them (lots of effort to unwind just the people who purchased while fairly giving them back the gear/essences and ash they had before). I think they need to strike a balance between effort to implement, fairness to user base, and one that gives SSG what they want (higher prices).

The best way I can think of is change the prices going forward only. That is easy to implement, gives SSG the higher price going forward, doesn't screw over those who got in early, and the downside is limited to "some pay less, most pay more."
    I don't care that I got in early but didn't barter while I had the chance - oh well. Yeah, the prices seem high and involve grind, but I think SSG is headed there regardless. To try to unwind those who already bought this is likely not worth the time it would take. SSG has stats - how many REALLY took advantage - 1% of the user base, if that? Let's end the madness and move on. If they were willing to lower the prices for everyone that would obviously suffice, but I don't think that's a requirement to make most happy, nor is it the balanced approach that might appease SSG.
    So you understand that SSG need to make money going forward. I get that. So you decided in all your infinite wisdom, which portion of the playerbase should pay the price for that. Got it. If you think that is fair, and the people who didn't buy - whether they knew it a bug or just arrived late have to pay to put it right - then you're dreaming. And if SSG agree with you, they are also dreaming and they should get ready for one of the biggest firestorms they have ever seen in their short LOTRO adventure. It's not only early buyers that have to farm, earn, buy ash, all the late comers also have to do it, and you think it's ok that it costs them a lot more time and money? I don't think so, and thankfully not many others do either. SSG have to find a different way to claw back their losses this time, not pass it onto half the playerbase and half the playerbase only. They've already made money off us, when they sold us Mordor, we all bought it, and we all deserve the same product we paid for. End of. If they favour players who simply arrived at the right time, or didn't see a ####-up when it was present, then I'll be wanting a refund of the product that I bought in good faith that would be equal for everyone that paid for it.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Oct 11 2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast