We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    I did get in early on my hunter. Figured out how I was going to get to 200 LoE and started bartering and ashing old gear. I will say in the last week or so I had bartered for rings on 4 chars that I am now regretting.

We are back to solvents from the store again, it was a short holiday from it at least.
    Last edited by Macdui; Oct 10 2017 at 06:29 PM.

Unmotivated to play

Apologies for the negativity, but this it totally unmotivating.
    I logged in and was persuaded to play again as I saw a way of actually gearing up with my limited play-time.
    You're, now, going to increase the TIME required to gear up... even further.
    Forget this grind business, it's not a FUN experience. Bye.
    ~ The Hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    When the hotfix goes out, the Incomparable items from the High-Enchanter barter vendor will be four times the cost they were today, prior to us disabling the vendor. Characters who have already acquired one of these items will see the item stripped of its benefits when the hotfix goes live, but will be able to turn in the item and receive the amount of Ash they used to make the item.
    This sounds like a fair solution to a rather careless mistake.

I hope SSG takes an appropriate amount of time to test the hotfix before deploying it.

When the hotfix goes out, the Incomparable items from the High-Enchanter barter vendor will be four times the cost they were today, prior to us disabling the vendor. Characters who have already acquired one of these items will see the item stripped of its benefits when the hotfix goes live, but will be able to turn in the item and receive the amount of Ash they used to make the item.
    And this is where people just leave and delete the game.
    You ¸think everyone has infinite space in vault to keep the old gear?
    If you want to give people the ash they lost and the items they had, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    Given that the old ones were areound 400 ash, I'd say 600-750
    then they can keep them. I have quite high ash on my main, from questing, and questing alone, and that sort of price will even make her need to ash farm. Not doing it, not going there - that's not playing, it's epic boredom.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

So because of lack of competence from your side, you will remove the items that people already traded them, that is so unprofessional. Considering I already trashed my old gear and now I got nothing to put on.

Regardless, while you are at it, fix the dungeons of naerband last boss so people can finally run it, without 2 tanks, thank you.
    Faded Youtube Channel

Elzex Rank 15 Minstrel l Meaning Rank 15 Reaver

Then I want removal scrolls because this was YOUR mistake. Not mine.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    This sounds like a fair solution to a rather careless mistake.

I hope SSG takes an appropriate amount of time to test the hotfix before deploying it.
    No, it's not a fair solution.

Either man up and keep this and for once in their life they can try to learn on their mistakes. Maybe do a proper beta and not rush #### out, like they always do. Or do a proper rollback where people don't lose the gear they had. Everything else is plain old BS.

And do you also reinstate already salvaged gear what we had before (including essences)?

Quote Originally Posted by Esterian View Post
    And do you also reinstate already salvaged gear what we had before (including essences)?
    Yeah all the stuff i already broke down?
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

When the hotfix goes out, the Incomparable items from the High-Enchanter barter vendor will be four times the cost they were today.
    That's just nuts. I'd swear you want to bring the servers to their knees with this ash farm frenzy. Have you even taken a character to the Uruk camp to quest? It's impossible to quest there - you can't move two feet there, you have to get to the opposite end of the camp to the farmers and hope for respawns before they come full circle. 600 -850 ash per piece is ridiculously OTT, but then, this is how the game has become. I'm just gonna laugh this off and totally ignore the gear grind. I'm not going to ash farm for hours on end. I'm not going to ash farm at all.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.

What? We already broke old items, and put essense in new items. Good bye lotro.

What will happen to Essences slotted in the items? Will they be reclaimed automatically or will players have to buy a bunch of Reclamation Scrolls to get them back? Or will they just disappear?

And players who destroyed their old items will need a way to get their items back.

This was messed up by the devs, NOT by the players. Players should not be negatively impacted by this...

Also, four times the Ash cost is way overpriced. But then again, excessively grindy content has been the trend ever since SSG took over, so I guess no surprise there.

You do understand that people have already destroyed old items while creating new builds today?

You do understand that people inserted essences into new items? Will you compensate Essences Reclamation Scrolls?

You do understand that people spent ash for new gold rings thinking they don't need ash because of low prices?

As usually, you failed and now you blame the players.

If you want to fix the problem, better roll back the servers. It's better than what you plan to do.

This will be the second time you now screw people over with their items/essences.
    With this update you first messed up our incoming healing essences and they didn't get unslotted, we didn't get essence reclamation scrolls.
    Now you mess up your barter items and you only want to give the ash people spent, not what they lost in the process of getting it.
    Yeah, right. Like anyone will stay half-naked in this game because of your mistakes.

yeah, and what are our chars wearing then? nothing because who will keep their old equip if the only use is to process to ash. also all the essences in them, who takes them out? we with our hard earned currency? Why all of a sudden do you want to remove stuff- that never happened before. but i guess, i my char is unplayable because you failed i will just stop playing this game for good.

Characters who have already acquired one of these items will see the item stripped of its benefits when the hotfix goes live, but will be able to turn in the item and receive the amount of Ash they used to make the item.
    I accidentally got the wrong ones so I ashed them...am I going to be repaid for that too? Or are you gonna screw me for your own mistakes?

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    This will be the second time you now screw people over with their items/essences.
    With this update you first messed up our incoming healing essences and they didn't get unslotted, we didn't get essence reclamation scrolls.
    Now you mess up your barter items and you only want to give the ash people spent, not what they lost in the process of getting it.
    Yeah, right. Like anyone will stay half-naked in this game because of your mistakes.

it's not only this they messed up, the instances are also unplayable. half the bugs are still there, you can't finish 6 man without 2 tanks at last boss.

This update is a total joke
    Faded Youtube Channel

Elzex Rank 15 Minstrel l Meaning Rank 15 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    That's just nuts. I'd swear you want to bring the servers to their knees with this ash farm frenzy. Have you even taken a character to the Uruk camp to quest? It's impossible to quest there - you can't move two feet there, you have to get to the opposite end of the camp to the farmers and hope for respawns before they come full circle. 600 -850 ash per piece is ridiculously OTT, but then, this is how the game has become. I'm just gonna laugh this off and totally ignore the gear grind. I'm not going to ash farm for hours on end. I'm not going to ash farm at all.
    But Arnenna, that's just 30-40 cyan items per new ash piece. That is nothing due to the extremely high drop rate of these items.

So I bartered for the 14 LoE gear, you now say your prices were wrong and you are going to strip me of that gear, and all the old gear I ashed after upgrading I have lost for ever? So with that I will be missing two earrings, two bracelets, shoulders, boots and gloves. I didn't do the beta round this time so I don't know what the prices ought to be. I was primarily trying to get to 200 LoE.

Are you saying I deliberately exploited a bug? Are you going to return all the old pieces I ashed as a result of your poor release?

Mac

Plonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    yeah, and what are our chars wearing then? nothing because who will keep their old equip if the only use is to process to ash. also all the essences in them, who takes them out? we with our hard earned currency? Why all of a sudden do you want to remove stuff- that never happened before. but i guess, i my char is unplayable because you failed i will just stop playing this game for good.
    The reason people keep doing it, is because they've never done this before. For once, I'm on their side on this. I saw all the items, and didn't buy, because yeah, it was obvious that the prices were wrong because they were the same prices as the lower items. It's about time they acted on stuff like this, then everyone will think twice next time. That said, the new prices are way off. Even double would be way off.

so on top of your SSG screw up.. (nice going).

Most of us have destroyed our old items to get new ones....so you are screwing people ten times over. and what happens to our essences we have put in them? You gonna remove those from people too?

It isn't an exploit, it was an incompetent move. They need to take the heat...not the players

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

I had no idea you guys were such evil ########. Making the player pay the price for your incompetence is not excusable.

You better
    • give me back all the gear I've deconstructed. I will be mostly gearless. I don't have enough ashes to barter replacements.
    • give me back all the essence reclam scrolls I spent all those makrs and meds on

Ask Sev if he is so eager to have a pr storm? With Mordor, you guys are already in a glass house, I hope he realizes that.

I am certain you will compensate folks who decon'ed old gears to bater the new ones

Oh and enlighten me please, who in the office came up with the idea of giving both instances T2 200 shadows, making light essences mobs drop only, rendering our hard-grinded gears totally undesirable there AND throwing in 2-3 week worth of ash grind for those extra lights?

Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast