We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Finesse for tanking in coming patch?

Aside from rerolling another class, any thoughts as to how one should build a warden to tank the new instances? Particularly the 6 man.

I was mostly picking up the defensive gear and hoarding Essence materials while playing other games, so I'm wondering how much finesse we should have considering we don't need to slot avoidances or crit defense in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Aside from rerolling another class, any thoughts as to how one should build a warden to tank the new instances? Particularly the 6 man.

I was mostly picking up the defensive gear and hoarding Essence materials while playing other games, so I'm wondering how much finesse we should have considering we don't need to slot avoidances or crit defense in the slightest.
    I'm running at about 13% finesse which seems fine for tanking. Running a combination of the tanking & DPS gear available and some Pel jewellery. Most of my essences are used up for tac mit & block to get my mits & partials up and avoiding a lot of the tanking gear as most has crit defense and parry of which I have plenty.

With respect to state of scaled Osgiliath, Pelennor and new instances, I have to recommend you to use all vitality essences and maybe one or 2 tactical mit essences. Do not waste slots for anything else. Use conviction buff with fellowship protector trait to cap your mitigations. Maybe you can make few swap pieces with finesse for trash.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master

Those were my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    With respect to state of scaled Osgiliath, Pelennor and new instances, I have to recommend you to use all vitality essences and maybe one or 2 tactical mit essences. Do not waste slots for anything else. Use conviction buff with fellowship protector trait to cap your mitigations. Maybe you can make few swap pieces with finesse for trash.
    While I generally know and understand what you mean, I would like to differentiate a little more:

T2C Osgiliath & Pelenor Instances:
    Due to scaling issues making them harder than they should be atm, I would not take those instances as a benchmark.

T2C New 6-man:
    Last boss seems broken and undoable on warden (and on any other tank class) due to insane inc. damage, no mattter how much vitality you stack.

T2C New 3-man:
    Just did it last night successfully on first try.
    I haven´t been online in that time-window where iLVL 330 ash-gear was available, and by the time of the run the ash vendor was inactive.
    So I simply had to slot what I had to reach 200 light, including new cloak with light essences and some offensive jewelry.
    I ended up with caped mits, around 100k mastery, around 18% finesse, but only around 105k morale.
    I was doing totally fine and contributed decent damage while tanking, which is my prefered playstyle anyway.
    So at least for the new 3-man, I would not recommend pure vitality stacking.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

In the eyes of the devs, tanks needs no finesse. Sadly they think taunting is doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduil View Post
    While I generally know and understand what you mean, I would like to differentiate a little more:

T2C Osgiliath & Pelenor Instances:
    Due to scaling issues making them harder than they should be atm, I would not take those instances as a benchmark.

T2C New 6-man:
    Last boss seems broken and undoable on warden (and on any other tank class) due to insane inc. damage, no mattter how much vitality you stack.

T2C New 3-man:
    Just did it last night successfully on first try.
    I haven´t been online in that time-window where iLVL 330 ash-gear was available, and by the time of the run the ash vendor was inactive.
    So I simply had to slot what I had to reach 200 light, including new cloak with light essences and some offensive jewelry.
    I ended up with caped mits, around 100k mastery, around 18% finesse, but only around 105k morale.
    I was doing totally fine and contributed decent damage while tanking, which is my prefered playstyle anyway.
    So at least for the new 3-man, I would not recommend pure vitality stacking.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Thanks for info, then I will keep my tanking build with offensive finesse wrists for 3-man, not to change anything until issues in 6-man will be resolved.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master

On my guardian I have arround 27k finnese and its enough.
    Last edited by Garamel94; Oct 13 2017 at 07:12 AM.