We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Restoring the North dailies are incredibly dull

The "Restoring the North" set of daily quests are incredibly dull and has us running all over the map for a longer than desired period of time performing mundane tasks, such as cutting trees, delivering drinks to dwarves and assisting indecisive shoppers in Dale. This set of quests should serve as an example of exactly what daily quests shouldn't be.

These were a huge downgrade from the Gorgoroth Allegiance dailies which have us clearing crafting instances full of enemies and traveling all over Gorgoroth battling different foes. The action is almost instantaneous and a joy to undergo compared to the ridiculously tedious dailies in the Strongholds of the North. Just pick up the daily expedition quest, go to the Udun Foothold, clear 1 or 2 crafting instances and then proceed onto the Gorgoroth plateau to clear an encampment of enemies. Sure, some of the quests are mundane but at least we are left with the option of disregarding these in favour of more interesting tasks.

I beg you, in upcoming patches, don't try to emulate the Northern Stronghold daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by fewd View Post
    The "Restoring the North" set of daily quests are incredibly dull and has us running all over the map for a longer than desired period of time performing mundane tasks, such as cutting trees, delivering drinks to dwarves and assisting indecisive shoppers in Dale. This set of quests should serve as an example of exactly what daily quests shouldn't be.

These were a huge downgrade from the Gorgoroth Allegiance dailies which have us clearing crafting instances full of enemies and traveling all over Gorgoroth battling different foes. The action is almost instantaneous and a joy to undergo compared to the ridiculously tedious dailies in the Strongholds of the North. Just pick up the daily expedition quest, go to the Udun Foothold, clear 1 or 2 crafting instances and then proceed onto the Gorgoroth plateau to clear an encampment of enemies. Sure, some of the quests are mundane but at least we are left with the option of disregarding these in favour of more interesting tasks.

I beg you, in upcoming patches, don't try to emulate the Northern Stronghold daily quests.
    Mordor is an expansion, northern mirkwood isn't - you can't compare the "end content" of these two different updates.

Furthermore you have a timeframe of three days to do the northern mirkwood dailys (because the main quest has a CD of three days), so you can repeat for example the dwarfen quests twice. And they are really quickly done. Combine them with the dale quests and leave the felegoth daily quests behind and it is a really quick process.

Quote Originally Posted by fewd View Post

After all the Sturm and Drang of Mordor, the more relaxed Northern Stronghold dailies are a welcome relief.

Variety is good.
    Would be great if one could pick their own set of dailies a la Hytbold or Dol Amroth, where you can do a set of X tasks from a large pool that includes non-combat, less strenuous combat, more involved combat options.

After hours of non-stop fighting in Nargroth, assisting indecisive Dale shoppers sounds enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Variety is good.
    Would be great if one could pick their own set of dailies a la Hytbold or Dol Amroth, where you can do a set of X tasks from a large pool that includes non-combat, less strenuous combat, more involved combat options.

After hours of non-stop fighting in Nargroth, assisting indecisive Dale shoppers sounds enticing.
    I think Mordor had a good selection on dailies without limit. I always "hated" the limit in DA and Hytbolt.

I would also prefer them limited only by the amount of time you have, but if they do limit it, I would prefer the 'select from pool' rather than doing same bunch over and over.

I only do the Dailies from Group One and Two. The two Dwarf ones and the three Dale ones from Group One, and the one Dwarf and two Lake-town ones from Group 2. Except for going up the mountain pass and collecting stones all the rest is in the confines of 'Towns'. Combat only against the Barrel Burrowers, and if you aren't careful, Suspicious Folk in Dale.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood