We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    This item must be made available to the bind account, because the cook profession does not allow creating new essences, but I will be able to transfer this item to my alt. I because of this should raise the level of my other alts? It's not fair.

200 Light are no problem, you can farm some stuff in the 3 man or t1 to get enough of the new gear with to reach it.

But a little positive bonus if you rech the 200 would be nice, like with hope currently.
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Zariliv92 View Post
    Light classes only have 4 items with evade, which get changed....they still need to equip finesse.

they dont get free cap tactical mit.

pls stay with the facts
    RK´s and Min´s don´t need the ammount of finesse (so they donßt realy need to equip extra finesse), like a champ or captain does. And compared to them, you don´t need to slot any tacmit at all, if you play with tacitcal mit anthem.
    Gertes

It's good that finally light armor will give us finnese

Another thing is, to finish the 6 man T2C you need perfect group setup.. classes like champ/burg simply don't have spot, thats because the way instance is builded, it's kinda sad, you either pick 2 hunters or 1 hunter 1 rk dpsing and go with it.
    Faded Youtube Channel

Darlenko Rank 15 Guardian
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Zariliv92 View Post
    Light classes only have 4 items with evade, which get changed....they still need to equip finesse.

they dont get free cap tactical mit.

pls stay with the facts
    ´Maybe not capped but near the caps. at least ~25k tac mit for free from will and vita which has melee to slot.
    I don´t say that this are good chages but they´ve to look at the meleeclasses to especially to the might and what they´ve to slot more for reach the caps that others can invetigate to mastery.
    for dpser all get 8 mastery. useable/usefull in addition for will 1 tac mit and 2 resi (+3). agility 1 crit and 3 evade 2parry(+5) and might 2 parry(+2)
    so will classes wins with their dmgmainatt ~10k stats, agility 30k compared to the weakest might.
    in addtion ranged wins 1 tac mit out of vita over melee. so +~15k.
    25k advantage over might for will and 45k for hunters over mightclasses. and 15k for hunters over agilitymelee.
    for tanks:
    wardens get ~10k crit for free more from agility for this guards get nothing.
    there is nothing to wonder that we´ve inbalanced classes if even the stats aren´t balanced.

Is there anything new for longlost coins, or ash on the current beta build? I cant checked it my selfe sadly
    Gertes

The filter thing (while an awesome idea) seems a bit cumbersome. What's been requested past few years was simply a manner to skip looting third age LIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    This will break the balance between will and melee classes further. They will run away with their mastery as hunters akready do.
    To equalize it melees need tactical mititgation from vita too and the mightclasses needs one offensive stat from might to balnace the classes through free gained stats from their mainattributes.
    Heavy armour classes have more armour and morale, light armour classes have more tactical mitigation and resistance, where do you see disbalance?
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    all the same again
    And non-ranged-classes get avoidance and higher Morale instead.
    If you want to have the amount of Morale that melees have with a ranged class, you need more vit/morale essences than melees need to slot to have higher mitigations than ranged classes. I'd agree that getting mits is better than getting avoidance, which is what melees get instead of mits. But thats a matter of content and design, when most attacks ignore avoidance, not directly class-balance-related.
    Mainstats slices (besides vitality) are quite bad in Mordor, but they are not as bad balanced as you try to tell everyone.

and your "melees need higher defense, they should get it for free"-argument... is just ridiculous.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    Heavy armour classes have more armour and morale, light armour classes have more tactical mitigation and resistance, where do you see disbalance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    And non-ranged-classes get avoidance and higher Morale instead.
    If you want to have the amount of Morale that melees have with a ranged class, you need more vit/morale essences than melees need to slot to have higher mitigations than ranged classes. I'd agree that getting mits is better than getting avoidance, which is what melees get instead of mits. But thats a matter of content and design, when most attacks ignore avoidance, not directly class-balance-related.
    Mainstats slices (besides vitality) are quite bad in Mordor, but they are not as bad balanced as you try to tell everyone.

and your "melees need higher defense, they should get it for free"-argument... is just ridiculous.
    Heavy armors, except for guardian, need to use nearly all of their essence slots to cap mitigations for t2. Melee is constantly in danger of various effects from mobs and bosses that do not effect ranged dps classes, who have 1) far superior damage and 2) don't need as many essences to cap mitigations. Tactical classes are getting thousands of free mitigation points from gear that gives them default stats, mean while guardian and wrd, tank classes, don't even get half a point from vitality, one of their main stats.

tl;dr There is no reason to bring champ or warden as dps anymore when ranged classes deal significantly more than melee, and don't have to worry about various effects such as 360 AoE skills and dmg auras. Tacticals also gain an insane amount of mitigations for free while not even my tank classes get mitigations from Vitality.

I don't think melee need more mits or morale, obviously they get more naturally because of what they wear. But when you consider what's needed to cap mits on something like champ, and then bring it in so you can do 10k DPS ST vs a hunter who can do 4x that with ease and not have to worry about other factors...is there really a choice?
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Heavy armors, except for guardian, need to use nearly all of their essence slots to cap mitigations for t2. Melee is constantly in danger of various effects from mobs and bosses that do not effect ranged dps classes, who have 1) far superior damage and 2) don't need as many essences to cap mitigations. Tactical classes are getting thousands of free mitigation points from gear that gives them default stats, mean while guardian and wrd, tank classes, don't even get half a point from vitality, one of their main stats.

tl;dr There is no reason to bring champ or warden as dps anymore when ranged classes deal significantly more than melee, and don't have to worry about various effects such as 360 AoE skills and dmg auras. Tacticals also gain an insane amount of mitigations for free while not even my tank classes get mitigations from Vitality.

I don't think melee need more mits or morale, obviously they get more naturally because of what they wear. But when you consider what's needed to cap mits on something like champ, and then bring it in so you can do 10k DPS ST vs a hunter who can do 4x that with ease and not have to worry about other factors...is there really a choice?
    1.) melee classes have higher mit caps, both in rating and in percentage. Reaching the %mits that will-classes have with melee-classes is very easy.
    its not about capping, its about getting enough. you might actually end up with higher effective morale with vita essences instead of mit essences if you get close to the cap.

2.) physical dps, especially hunters is totally op.

3.) no on can compete with champs for aoe.

4.) if ranged is better because melee suffers is content related, not class related.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Would be cool to see a tact mit scaling on VIT on champ...like 0.5/1 MAX. IMHO.

Atm champ is the best aoe dps...but tbh i dont think there are champs running with capped tact mit. If you try to cap tact mit you need AT LEAST 6/7 slots...that means no finesse, no crit rat, no mastery.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

The way I see things in general, not for any specific expansion is this:

1. We get new landscape content and new recipes. We complete the content and we craft what is best for our characters and then

2. We get new instances with T1 items that should be upgrades over what we already have. We complete the instances, we gear up and then

3. We tackle the same instances in T2 mode and the challenges, we get even better items than our T2 stuff and then

4. We get the raid and we continue the same drill again and again.

Now, provided we get T1 items that are better than our existing landscape and crafted stuff, are T2C modes feasible or not? Are the new crafted items with the drops from the instances and the new essences sufficient to tackle the T2C content or not? There should be more buffed T1 items available before even trying T2C?

Sorry, but I got confused after some posts.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

UPDATE:

We all went for 200 LoE and cleared first boss so far, going to try later tonight last one too, hopefully that fight is not as buggy as this one.
    Btw SSG did not fix anything in this fight, there is still line of sight bug and sometimes boss doesn't reset properly.

Faded Youtube Channel

Darlenko Rank 15 Guardian
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Before talking about difficulty i think we all forgot what progression is.

I'd like to see ppl running SSt2c with 105 quest or crafted gear (because, yes. Atm we wearing quest gear)

Those 2 instances are the only new thing to run till december so i hope they will be a proper challenge.

If you can clear t2c NOW with live gear....well to me is a game design fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Before talking about difficulty i think we all forgot what progression is.

I'd like to see ppl running SSt2c with 105 quest or crafted gear (because, yes. Atm we wearing quest gear)

Those 2 instances are the only new thing to run till december so i hope they will be a proper challenge.

If you can clear t2c NOW with live gear....well to me is a game design fail.
    True

But it should be still posible without hunters, even if it would take 3x so longe.
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    Btw SSG did not fix anything in this fight, there is still line of sight bug and sometimes boss doesn't reset properly.
    Bet we'll see 2 worst instances ever.
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Allegiances - Daily repeatable, weekly repeatable, and Resource Instances in Mordor now give a new type of Allegiance Point item. The value of allegiance points from these sources results in the same point grant, but the new AP items can be used to barter for a new tier of Allegiance Gear.
    Allegiance point granting items now stack to 100.

What is going to be with those that we already have?Some of us have gather a lot of Relic Of The Last Alliance.I do dailies twice a day with 5 alts.So should i stop doing them?
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

From all of the QQ listed above about the new difficulty from the instances, all I'm taking from it is;

"Boo-hoo, it's too difficult, I can't-do it within 5 minutes of release, nerf required please".

200 LoE is respectable, it means LoE essences are needed, otherwise ### is the point of having those essences in the first place? They are also not as difficult to obtain as you would have people believe, I'm sure one of my characters alone got 3-4 from questing. You then have the chances from boxes. (The 200 LoE requirement, also prevents hunters from using the HS reset gear from throne, which means they are forced to use the new gear, which is good)!

Next;

Why, in the hell, should a group INSTANTLY, be able to complete T2 content on release? 6man/3man/raid regardless.. It takes time, it takes work, perhaps we have to do the tier1 for a while, get a few of these craft ingredients, get some of the new tier1 gear, and then we might be able to attempt the 6man..

Champ AOE damage is by far superior to ANYTHING any other class can do, so they will always be viable in AoE situations, regardless of what-else anyone might say, even if they have to spend 10 essences to cap mits, their AoE damage is still far superior.

Wardens can still double as tanks, and burglars have decent debuffing/cc.

Please stop completely ruling out a class after one-two rounds of BR.

We have no clue nor knowledge of what the overall mechanics for certain boss figthts will be because some of them are bugged/not working, more to the point, perhaps, the fights may force us to rethink certain play styles of our classes, rather than the traditional lines we've been working on since trait trees were introduced (e.g. tank&spank, and if it ain't dead in x time, find someone else with higher dps).

Throne was a new approach, and I hope the mechanics, once finished, will present equal difficulty.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Sep 23 2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    From all of the QQ listed above about the new difficulty from the instances, all I'm taking from it is;

"Boo-hoo, it's too difficult, I can't-do it within 5 minutes of release, nerf required please".

200 LoE is respectable, it means LoE essences are needed, otherwise ### is the point of having those essences in the first place? They are also not as difficult to obtain as you would have people believe, I'm sure one of my characters alone got 3-4 from questing. You then have the chances from boxes.

Next;

Why, in the hell, should a group INSTANTLY, be able to complete T2 content on release? 6man/3man/raid regardless.. It takes time, it takes work, perhaps we have to do the tier1 for a while, get a few of these craft ingredients, get some of the new tier1 gear, and then we might be able to attempt the 6man..

Champ AOE damage is by far superior to ANYTHING any other class can do, so they will always be viable in AoE situations, regardless of what-else anyone might say, even if they have to spend 10 essences to cap mits, their AoE damage is still far superior.

Wardens can still double as tanks, and burglars have decent debuffing/cc.

Please stop completely ruling out a class after one-two rounds of BR.

We have no clue nor knowledge of what the overall mechanics for certain boss figthts will be because some of them are bugged/not working, more to the point, perhaps, the fights may force us to rethink certain play styles of our classes, rather than the traditional lines we've been working on since trait trees were introduced (e.g. tank&spank, and if it ain't dead in x time, find someone else with higher dps).

Throne was a new approach, and I hope the mechanics, once finished, will present equal difficulty.
    This is exactly my point.

About champ...tbh was just an idea. I dont care to cap tact mit on it. Atm isnt required. And btw you could simply drops your phys mastery essences and mantain a decent dps. I'm the first who says that champ is the best AoE class atm...and also it can gives a decent amount of support skills. And i have both, rk and champ, geared.

Naerband t2c

Trash pulls before the first boss are tollerable, but could be less
    1st boss still bugs, some of the effects may need adjusting to not one shot people. There's also a factor of bad luck if you get bosses that will root you and then spawn fire on you, etc.
    200 Shadow in t2 is tollerable, but at times there are 2 bosses and you get 240 Shadow, at the last bit the Shadow went up to 280. With the gear we have and will be able to get, we won't be able to cover that.
    Trash after 1st boss is ####ing horrible. 50+ flame spirits and a few other type of adds. Needs to be drastically reduced, range on the flame spirits when dying needs to be reduced also

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    One of the devs (I think Vastin) said that the reason tact LIs rating wasnt increased was because it was overpowered back at 105 (damage and healing respectfully)
    This was said 2 months and beyond ago, cant find it now...
    I couldn't find any post discussing this issue directly. I did find the following post that may be related to the issue.

"On the whole healing was not scaled to the same degree as Morale/DPS. The general feeling is that healing was becoming substantially overpowered in relation to morale pools and incoming damage, so yes, it was an intentional shift. Minstrels were in no particular way singled out, though of course as a primary healing class they'll certainly notice it more than some others.

How exactly this plays out by class is going to vary, as this scaling was done in a broad systemic manner and not all classes will respond to it identically. As they say, YMMV. We have a class balance pass coming up where we will be attempting to address the relative effectiveness of the various classes and builds more directly.

-Vastin"

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...t=#post7751335

New barter items

The 2000 AP barter items still haven't been converted to 1000 AP (the new barter item) and there is no conversion at the NPC either.
    There should also be a 1:1 conversion of the crafted 1000 AP item.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercho View Post
    I couldn't find any post discussing this issue directly. I did find the following post that may be related to the issue.

"On the whole healing was not scaled to the same degree as Morale/DPS. The general feeling is that healing was becoming substantially overpowered in relation to morale pools and incoming damage, so yes, it was an intentional shift. Minstrels were in no particular way singled out, though of course as a primary healing class they'll certainly notice it more than some others.

How exactly this plays out by class is going to vary, as this scaling was done in a broad systemic manner and not all classes will respond to it identically. As they say, YMMV. We have a class balance pass coming up where we will be attempting to address the relative effectiveness of the various classes and builds more directly.

-Vastin"

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...t=#post7751335
    Yea, thats it..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast