We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The promised changes to the Captain class...

We were promised various changes to the Captain class to make it "fit" better with the High Elf race (renaming of skill trees, among other things). None of this is on live, is there any sign of it in this Bullroarer cycle?

I guess not then...

I don't know, but I personally feel like this game should have bigger concerns right about now... Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I don't know, but I personally feel like this game should have bigger concerns right about now... Don't you?
    I think there are much bigger concerns just for captains let alone the entire game
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

I'd be happy with just a cosmetic skin for an elven herald...
    My Lotro blog :)

There's always going to be "bigger concerns", but that doesn't mean you just ignore everything under them. Not to mention, high elves are pretty new still, could use some polishing in various areas, including Captain of course, and so if SSG said they are going to do something to them, then they should. It should be a big concern in and of itself to make sure new content is as polished as can be, and that you keep your word on improvements you say you will make to it. That's how you keep customers happy and loyal. When you say you will do something, people buy it, then you don't do it, it will upset them and they may reconsider on their next purchases because it shows the company's words mean nothing and you may not get what they say you will. That's why this is the kind of thing they do need to work on, regardless of what other issues there are.

Yeah, this is an important issue. One wouldn't like it if one started playing a class that had its skills mis-matched lore-wise. Imagine if one had, say, an LM that accidentally got the Beorning skill-names due to a bug. Probably wouldn't be too happy with that.

Cappies were designed for Men. Hence, why all the Heralds tend to be human or Dwarf, but no Elves or Hobbits, and why skills refer to big "Men" historical persons or events, like "Blade of Elendil." It has to do with immersion. This should've been done before the expansion launched. It should not have had to compete with "current big issues"- and that, to my mind, makes this a "current big issue" as it was one of many things, and quite important things, that needed to be done before the expansion went live.

So now, hopefully, they'll listen and make the requested changes. We -need- Elvish heralds re-using the Banner-Elf skins from skirmish soldier cosmetics- some in the Celondim / Rivendell style, some in the Lothlorien style, a Malledhrim one would be good too, and the Thorin's Hall Dwarves may remain (High Elves were historically friendly with the Dwarves), and as for the Lossoth... I guess its ok since lore-wise the Lossoth didn't really interact with anyone anyway- and Elves did sail up there (though they never returned). The trouble is with the Bree-men models following High Elves around- that, and I think the Oath-breakers. Elves and Ghosts don't get along too well in the lore... Though they certainly held Oaths of high importance (i.e. Feanor and crew). I'd also love Heralds using the same skins as the Elf Allegiance soldiers in the Battle under the Trees session-play (not the awful re-paint we players use, but the NPC's who had some pretty good chain-mail-on).

"Blade of Elendil" should be renamed "Gil-galad's Strike" or something like that. "Blade of Gil-galad" maybe. These are immersive changes that could help quite a bit. Really, having an Elvish Cappy of any sort was the "perk" of getting the "race" in the first place. Otherwise, its just cosmetic. It's not good business sense to ignore immersion in the very perk that is supposed to make the "race" a selling-point. It has to be fixed.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    Yeah, this is an important issue. One wouldn't like it if one started playing a class that had its skills mis-matched lore-wise. Imagine if one had, say, an LM that accidentally got the Beorning skill-names due to a bug. Probably wouldn't be too happy with that.

Cappies were designed for Men. Hence, why all the Heralds tend to be human or Dwarf, but no Elves or Hobbits, and why skills refer to big "Men" historical persons or events, like "Blade of Elendil." It has to do with immersion. This should've been done before the expansion launched. It should not have had to compete with "current big issues"- and that, to my mind, makes this a "current big issue" as it was one of many things, and quite important things, that needed to be done before the expansion went live.

So now, hopefully, they'll listen and make the requested changes. We -need- Elvish heralds re-using the Banner-Elf skins from skirmish soldier cosmetics- some in the Celondim / Rivendell style, some in the Lothlorien style, a Malledhrim one would be good too, and the Thorin's Hall Dwarves may remain (High Elves were historically friendly with the Dwarves), and as for the Lossoth... I guess its ok since lore-wise the Lossoth didn't really interact with anyone anyway- and Elves did sail up there (though they never returned). The trouble is with the Bree-men models following High Elves around- that, and I think the Oath-breakers. Elves and Ghosts don't get along too well in the lore... Though they certainly held Oaths of high importance (i.e. Feanor and crew). I'd also love Heralds using the same skins as the Elf Allegiance soldiers in the Battle under the Trees session-play (not the awful re-paint we players use, but the NPC's who had some pretty good chain-mail-on).

"Blade of Elendil" should be renamed "Gil-galad's Strike" or something like that. "Blade of Gil-galad" maybe. These are immersive changes that could help quite a bit. Really, having an Elvish Cappy of any sort was the "perk" of getting the "race" in the first place. Otherwise, its just cosmetic. It's not good business sense to ignore immersion in the very perk that is supposed to make the "race" a selling-point. It has to be fixed.
    That was so well written. I'm dying for immersion and the man soldier is really getting me upset. It's already in the game (skirmish soldiers, npc models, doesn't need any costumisation (so no clippin issues to anticipate). What's stopping you ,)

Pretty please, I need an elven herald.

Yesterday Corodvan said on the stream that the herald was something he was going to bring up with the team. He himself seemed to think it was strange that high elf captains get men heralds. So maybe he'll have something more to say on the matter by the time of next week's stream.

I'm a real fan of the high-elves and how SSG has implemented them. Great work on the looks and feel!

I must admit, however, that I'm gutted to say the least that so many of the good proposals have not been implemented yet.

-Screams for male High-Elves! please add the 2nd one that the females did get
    -Heralds please do not make us run around with constant immersion breakers. Skirmish models are great and customizable. A lot of possibilities for the store as well. Allow us to buy all the hairstyle and armour models- win-win!
    -Adaptation from man to HE- well the texts should be adapted to say the least. I do not want to be referred to as "man".
    -I do understand that changing skills for the the race will be more complicated and might therefore not happen. Since it is a class and would have to be changed on a single-race level I figure it can't be done without a lot of effort. Still, we play for immersion so there must be a way to adapt it.

Remember, even though SSG went backwards on this saying the HE is not part of the expansion it WAS a major selling point and very much prominent in all the pre release advertisments. I still feel it is unfinished and needs polishing so as to improve immersion.

Cordovan gave us a bit of hope, but how many more betas will there be?