We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost Feedback Beta Round 3

New thread with Updated Feedback and bug list
    Still a work in progress --- not all mobs/bosses/instances have been successfully/fully cleared yet.
    People who successfully completed the instances as of beta round 3 are more than welcome to comment in this thread, or make their own.

Previous Threads:
    Round 1: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...oth-completed)
    Round 2: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...k-Beta-Round-2
    Dungeons of Naerband
    Bugs Round 3:

1) The mobs in the Gumog boss fight still as as tiny invisible walls.
    2) A few flame-spirits during the trash pulls in the flaming dungeon still get stuck. The pull at the half-way point especially with the orc defilers typically gets stuck behind the door.
    3) The Torturer mobs deal Orc-Craft damage with their "Mighty Melee Attack". Please change this to common/shadow. Orc-craft damage should stick to moors where it was originally intended.

I've only run it once so far up to last boss, but most of the big bugs seem to have been fixed so far. These are the only 3 I've noticed so far.

General Comments:
    Trash up to First Boss:
    Not too easy, not too hard. The first part of the instance here is good as is imo. I see no bugs on anything except for the Torturer's still dealing Orc-Craft Damage on their "Mighty Melee Attack".
    First Boss:
    Overall, I think the first boss is pretty fun, I enjoy it. However, for healers and LMs this fight is still a buggy mess. The mobs (Scourges, Prisoners, Torturers, and Gumog) all act as tiny invisible walls and block line of sight on the tank. Also, if we could tone down on the power drains from Torturers I think we would all appreciate it. Without an LM, I don't see how most groups are going to be doing this in any reasonable time, or at all if the minstrel can't regen power quickly enough.
    Trash up to Second Boss:
    The trash is too long, and still takes far too long even if perfectly executed imo. There's no justification for this 35+ minute trash pulls. Please remove a few of these so the instance is not a total slog after the first boss.
    Second Boss:
    I guess I'm missing something, or the damage here is just crazy. Levers work at least, so that's something. I've only made it up to the point where the first person is sent into a cage, but will continue to update as I run it again.
    Loot:
    Still looking at it. So far available loot seems to be purple/teal armor and jewelry, Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment, and Star lit crystals. Reasonable enough, and the gear also gives you a nice amount of ashes (80 from purple) for decon. I'm not sure how the instance gear compares to current live crafted/barter/drop gear but I assume it is at least slightly better.

Court of Seregost ~~~WORK IN PROGRESS~~~ Didn't run yet
    Bugs Round 3:

General Comments:
    Trash:
    Balanced enough. I've seen and had no issues with trash so far.
    First Boss:
    Was able to do this boss easily last Round, but had difficulties this round. Not sure if anything was changed, but I think it was just a dps issue. Didn't complete them yet, but will try again later.
    Second Boss:
    Third Boss:
    Loot:
    Last edited by Starkorm; Oct 01 2017 at 07:53 AM.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

(copy and paste from patch notes thread)

Some initial feedback on Court of Seregost T2C (3 man):
    • On the whole, the instance seems a lot better balanced than before.
    • Loot from standard chest seems more useful (emp scrolls and scaled heritage runes with a chance to get random purple gear to convert to ash, a silver signet of the armsmaster, special relics)
    • Not sure what drops from the final challenge chest as the instance bugged on us (see below), but I'm hoping new Gold Signets of the Armsmaster for teal offhands.
    • For loot I would like to see less RNG and a barter option (especially for the special relics).
    • Perhaps give every player at least 1x Silver Signet of The Armsmaster per run and have options to barter 20x Silver Signets of the Armsmaster for a gold one.
    • Likewise have it so that the special relics are also obtainable for a Gold Silver Signet of The Armsmaster just like the teal offhands are.
    • If you fail at the last boss fight, the challenge still does not reset. The side boss simply isn't there on the re-attempt even though the boss keeps trying to summon him.
    • There are a tonne of line of sight issues on the last boss fight especially in and around the central area which make targeting & taunting, healing, removing wounds etc. a pain
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    (copy and paste from patch notes thread)

Some initial feedback on Court of Seregost T2C (3 man):
    • On the whole, the instance seems a lot better balanced than before.
    • Loot from standard chest seems more useful (emp scrolls and scaled heritage runes with a chance to get random purple gear to convert to ash, a silver signet of the armsmaster, special relics)
    • Not sure what drops from the final challenge chest as the instance bugged on us (see below), but I'm hoping new Gold Signets of the Armsmaster for teal offhands.
    • For loot I would like to see less RNG and a barter option (especially for the special relics).
    • Perhaps give every player at least 1x Silver Signet of The Armsmaster per run and have options to barter 20x Silver Signets of the Armsmaster for a gold one.
    • Likewise have it so that the special relics are also obtainable for a Gold Silver Signet of The Armsmaster just like the teal offhands are.
    • If you fail at the last boss fight, the challenge still does not reset. The side boss simply isn't there on the re-attempt even though the boss keeps trying to summon him.
    • There are a tonne of line of sight issues on the last boss fight especially in and around the central area which make targeting & taunting, healing, removing wounds etc. a pain
    What was the party composition?

Cause i tried on warden and without LM and it seemed pretty insane to me
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    What was the party composition?
    Capt, Hunter, Mini

Seregost Last Boss Bugs:

- The bats on the last boss fight cause line of site issues for healing.
    - The challenge does not reset if you fail.
    - The fight resets after about 10 mins of fighting.
    - If you stand near the centre of the room (in the circle) you get graphical glitches (camera jumps, etc.).
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

A few of us did Dungeons of Naerband (6 man instance) T2c.

Group Comp: Guard, Mini, LM, Capt, Hunter, Champ

• Trash pulls to first boss and 1st boss fight itself seems perfectly balanced now
    • I like the 200 LoE with short periods of greater than 200 LoE (if have multiple scourges up) as well as mixture of mechanics which encourages a fuller usage of skills, positioning and timing of buffs/debuffs
    • The loot system seems similar to what we saw in Pelennor instances (which, if it is the case is a good thing) as one of our fellowship had Item Level 335 shoulders drop (personal loot automatically assigned) and another teal bracelet (which gave 160 ashes).
    • The shoulders were item level 335 when linked by the owner, but only item level 331 when you initially hovered over them so potentially a level of RNG here.
    • We had limited time so only attempted first boss (the trash between 1st and 2nd boss is still off-putting from what I hear as there is a lot of it).
    • It seems that either Champ or RK is viable for AoE DPS (be very interested to hear feedback from others).
      Champ seems significantly stronger than RK atm for AoE Damage and the horn is very useful, but due to mechanics melee will take more damage (especially if grouped together).
      RK will have less AoE DPS I suspect, but has the advantage of being able to position further away and not be as affected by roots, damage etc. plus has fire mitigation debuffs (benefiting hunter and RK) as well as the added bonus of DNF.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Oct 01 2017 at 11:17 AM.

Also noted similar bugs on Seregost 3man t2c:

1) Challenge does not reset. One might argue that this is intentional, (Silent street anyone?) yet with all the bugs in the boss fight, please fix the others for this to be doable
    2) Line of sight issues with bats. Anytime a bat gets between you and your target, line of sight issues. Somehow Khilnat doesn't have line of sight issues
    3) Reset of boss fights. Unclear if timer based or what

I'd like to read the feedback of a good Warden tank.

To me it seems totally broken and not viable for tanking end game t2c. But it's just my 3rd toon and im defo not a pro, so cant give a proper feedback.

Thank You.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

dont know if it was mentioned before.

dungeons of naerband:

if you start first boss by accident by going too far into the room, there is now way to just go out again and reset the fight. Door stays closed and you have to start whole instance again.

thats just unnecessarily annoying and should be fixed easily
    Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Gwaihir (EU-DE)

Zarifari (Main-Rk) - Zariliv - Zhanthryth

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    I'd like to read the feedback of a good Warden tank.

To me it seems totally broken and not viable for tanking end game t2c. But it's just my 3rd toon and im defo not a pro, so cant give a proper feedback.

Thank You.
    Actually I had the chance to tank first boss in Dungeons of Naerband T2C in 2nd beta build on warden with mostly live gear with ilvl 326 and some purple crafted jewellry to reach 200 LoE. It was alright and we killed it on first try. Died once on trash i think when I had couple -%25 mit +%10 inc damage debuffs on me stacked. It was funny dying in Defiant Challenge But that was more like a mistake in our part. Didn't have time to try last boss tho because of the awful amount of trash in between...I'd imagine new 3 man Court of Seregost T2C tanking should be really easy.

Osgiliath and Pelennor instances on the other hand must be really hard to tank. But that's more like a scaling problem....Those instances now harder than intended, so you can't base anything over them. But I'd like to give them a try once i finish working on tanking build on live.
    Last edited by Wulfdur; Oct 03 2017 at 06:34 AM.
    Leader of Raging Raiders
    Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian | Aerohn-Minstrel
    Arkenstone's Original Challenger of Gothmog 09/17/16
    YouTube Channel

Loot Feedback:

I am not sure if the loot table of these instances are finished yet, but please remove personal loot from T2C.

Currently new T2C instances have the dreadful loot system that everybody hates. Personal loot system with high RNG....

It was frustrating to complete whole Court of Seregost T2C and get nothing but couple empowerment scrolls and crystals. Please add a way to get at least something that adds to the progression of the new gear... I can imagine it will be frustrating again when someone in group will get multiple of an item that he/she doesn't need while other person has none and need the most...Let master looter (the system that is already working fine for years) to take in place in T2C to avoid any frustrations like these.
    Leader of Raging Raiders
    Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian | Aerohn-Minstrel
    YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfdur View Post
    Loot Feedback:

I am not sure if the loot table of these instances are finished yet, but please remove personal loot from T2C.

Currently new T2C instances have the dreadful loot system that everybody hates. Personal loot system with high RNG....

It was frustrating to complete whole Court of Seregost T2C and get nothing but couple empowerment scrolls and crystals. Please add a way to get at least something that adds to the progression of the new gear... I can imagine it will be frustrating again when someone in group will get multiple of an item that he/she doesn't need while other person has none and need the most...Let master looter (the system that is already working fine for years) to take in place in T2C to avoid any frustrations like these.
    So much this. T2 should always have group wide chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Court of Seregost ~~~WORK IN PROGRESS~~~ Didn't run yet
    Bugs Round 3:
    Court of Seregost T2C Feedback (Build 3):

1st Boss Twins:

• Tank can kite the 2 bosses and take almost no damage, making the run easy mode without mechanics. Please add a slow debuff to the tank so that he can't kite. Increase the time of the gates staying open though since it will be slower to cross after this change.
    • I alted to another toon and when I enter the instance, mini bosses we killed previously were still there standing, spawned again. You can ignore them and continue the run, but it's a bug still.

2nd Boss:

• Please buff the tactical burst damage mechanic of the boss. Currently it's not hitting hard even with T10 hatred buff, so you can ignore the mechanics and dps blindly... It was hitting perfectly fine in beta build 2. It was one shotting only If players fail and tier the hatred buff more than around tier 5, but not one shotting if below tier 5. That way mechanics were in place.
    • Please let the DoT's not tier up Hatred buff. It's crippling for the dps of DoT classes.

Last Boss:

• Fix the line of sight issues please... It's still there after all beta builds. Same thing in Dungeons of Naerband T2C first boss.
    • Please fix the challenge bat boss Khilnat not spawning again after reseting... Again, this was in all beta builds. It's so annoying to only have a 1 try on challenge because of this.
    • Fight resets in approximately after 10 min, all of a sudden without saying. If this was intended to put a dps time limit, please remove it because your class balance is AWFUL right now, there is a great disparity between the dps of classes...Still waiting for the class balance update...
    • Please remove or nerf hard, the boss' one shotting the melee dps mechanic... Seriously why are you guys doing this every time? I had to alt to Hunter from Champ because of this stupid mechanic...
    Leader of Raging Raiders
    YouTube Channel