We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost Feedback (T2C both completed)

After having beaten both the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost T2C I have compiled a list of bugs and general comments from myself and other people who have also run it.
    Note: I'll continue to update the two first posts here with feedback/bugs as beta rounds continue unless another thread is posted.

DUNGEONS OF NAERBAND FEEBACK
    Bugs:

1) At the first boss Gumog, it appears if you wipe once on the first phase where you fight the Scourges of Mordor, you will not be able to advance on the second attempt beyond that phase. Uilur(sp?), the Caerog, never spawns no matter how many times gumog repeats the phrase to do so.
    2) Also at the first boss, you are not able to walk through the adds that he summons. This creates two issues, if the mobs surround you you're screwed until you get a lucky punt, and also the mobs act as invisible walls which constantly LoS the healers and LM trying to heal/buff the tank.
    3) First boss mobs, scourges I believe, can trigger anti-exploit and cause the boss to reset. (I haven't had experience with this one myself) This is probably cause by the mobs not being unattackable/green before they walk out and aggroing outside of the smoke wall then getting stuck.
    4) Many of the spirits that are hidden in the cages along the route through the burning prison can get stuck behind the cell walls/doors. The pathing needs to be fixed as this can make the pulls significantly easier.
    5) Thraknul does some strange break dancing movement when he activates after his dialogue and stays on his platform for a bit.
    6) The levers do not appear to work and open the cages.
    7) You can attack the prisoners, and the prisoners can attack you, through the cage walls.
    8) Thraknul will also run around BEHIND the gate that the stairs lead up to. It's possible to run to the other side and he will run down, but the pathing definitely needs to be looked at for this boss also.
    9) I have no idea what the platform in the middle is suppose to do, but it doesn't seem to work beyond the first attempt. Similar to with gumog, it appears the mechanics are bugged and don't work after the first wipe.
    10) The boss skill "Chains of Malice" does not appear to work as intended. It says it does damage to caster, but it appears to damage everyone instead.
    11) A mark appears above your head during the boss fight with Thraknul. These do not disappear after completing or leaving the instance. There is also no description of what this symbol does or means.
    12) Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but trash pulls towards the end of the boss stop automatically aggroing you after the first 3. Not sure if WAI or not.
    13) There's an audio bug whereas if you die where the flame spirits area is you continuously hear the crackling noises of the fire burning, even when leaving the instance. Relogging fixes this bug.
    14) The uruk tortures have a skill that does Orc-craft damage. This damage type is not appropriate for a PvE instance imo, and should stick to moors where it was originally intended.
    15) I believe there are supposed to be adds that spawn from the center and orcs that drop down as the fight progresses. This only happens on the first fight, and resetting/wiping the boss seems to stop this from happening.

General Comments:
    Damage:
    I have only done the trash to Gumog so far without an LM. It is difficult, but definitely possible with a good healer, tank, and dps. However, I believe that without an LM the first and second bosses will be nigh impossible. The damage done by the troll, warg, and drake on Gumog do far too little damage. On the other hand, Rottenwing and Uliuer deal far too much damage with theirs DoT's specifically.
    Trash mobs:
    The mobs to the first boss are not bad. However, the trash between the first and second bosses takes far too long to clear. I suggest removing half the pulls and instead putting some sort of mini boss in it's place. It does not have to be as difficult as Thraknul or Gumog, but the amount of mobs and how long it takes to clear them is just...too much.
    Last edited by Starkorm; Sep 17 2017 at 06:41 AM.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

*******WORK IN PROGRESS******
    Court of Seregost
    Bugs:

1) At first boss: Gorkasak/Kulgru, there is a gate at each side, if the bosses don't run out while the gate is closed they get stuck and they won't move outside. Note: If you kill both bosses before leaving their areas and going to the middle path, you will also be forced to leave instance and rejoin since the gates won't go back down.
    2) It appears at the last boss Lhaeraeth, you need to kill 8 bats to activate the challenge and summon khilnat, however if you wipe and try again, the bats won't spawn
    3) If you kill khilnat, you can't attack the cauldrons anymore and you are forced to reset and do the fight again to finish it
    4) There's a 30 second stun duration by the bats and there is no way to leave that stun, it is kinda OP and should be nerfed
    5) If you are too long in the fight the cauldrons became greened out/unattackable, there should be definitely added some sort of timer so we can see how much time we have left, also if you trigger challenge and kill khilnat you don't have time to kill cauldrons anymore.
    6) Subsequent attempts if you fail the first fight result in the bats now spawning. This makes it impossible to complete challenge unless you complete it on the first attempt.

General Comments:
    Damage:
    The damage in this instance seems very off. The trash is very easily soloable by a warden in blue, and this probably means that a healer would also have no problem healing this with 2 dps quickly burning trash. The two bosses were even less harder to outheal on warden than the trash mobs. The first pair of mobs, the twins, need to have their damage buffed in some way to increase the difficulty of this fight.
    Boss 2: Dolgobeth seems far too dependent on whether or not you interrupt his induction. Nerfing the damage so it doesn't one shot everyone not a heavy, and increasing the damage of his base attacks might be a more balancing act for this fight.
    A timer of some sort would be appreciated to show how much time we have to kill the cauldrons and bats. Also, if we fail, it should clearly state so.
    Bosses: Adding adds that spawn during the boss fights could help to make the fight more challenging whilst not forcing you to buff the defenses/morale/damage levels of the bosses themselves to something that just makes the fight long and RNGish.
    Last edited by Starkorm; Sep 17 2017 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Trash mobs: The mobs to the first boss are not bad. However, the trash between the first and second bosses takes far too long to clear. I suggest removing half the pulls and instead putting some sort of mini boss in it's place. It does not have to be as difficult as Thraknul or Gumog, but the amount of mobs and how long it takes to clear them is just...too much.
    I would also suggest this - most of the time our group spent in the 6 man was just spent killing trash mobs, removing about half seems to be about right.

I complained about Seregost difficulty before the boost and now it's still too easy IMHO.

Also the mechanics are pretty cheap...it's basically Interrupt based...i dont like the mechanic: if you miss an interrupt "you get healer and dps one shotted" or "you get a 10 seconds stun and you die"
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

I totally agree with posts above, all those points are correct, I was the leader of the 6 man and I must say I enjoyed both fights, last fight is extremely buggy and it's impossible to do it with any other strategy but the one we used in our videos, here I'm linking video from both fights from 6 man and 3 man.

3 man whole run

6 man first boss

6 man last boss

[SIZE=3][B]*******WORK IN PROGRESS******
    Court of Seregost
    Bugs:

5) If you are too long in the fight the cauldrons became greened out/unattackable, there should be definitely added some sort of timer so we can see how much time we have left, also if you trigger challenge and kill khilnat you don't have time to kill cauldrons anymore.
    As far as i understand that if you dont aggro the bats they take caldrons out and will make you to reset the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    I complained about Seregost difficulty before the boost and now it's still too easy IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post

Also the mechanics are pretty cheap...it's basically Interrupt based...i dont like the mechanic: if you miss an interrupt "you get healer and dps one shotted" or "you get a 10 seconds stun and you die"

Agreed. The mob damage definitely needs to be buffed more, or something done to make the instance more difficult. I was having no problem soloing up to the second boss, and all it takes to kill the second boss is paying attention to the inductions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasius View Post
    As far as i understand that if you dont aggro the bats they take caldrons out and will make you to reset the fight
    Makes sense. It'd be nice if it would tell us we've failed and restarted the fight automatically from that point, though.
    Last edited by Starkorm; Sep 16 2017 at 09:27 PM.

I did not try these instances myself yet so I don't know about its difficulty. I have a question for all the people that keep saying the instances are too easy.

What was the general item level of your fellowship. Did you do these instances with item lvl 330 gear or item lvl 345 gear? If you chose the latter, did you consider that these instances might be actually harder to farm with low quality gear. I just want to make sure that we don't give false feedback by using the gear that makes people faceroll these instances, because I feel like highest gear we will see in 21.2 will be either item lvl 330 or item lvl 337-338.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegass View Post
    I did not try these instances myself yet so I don't know about its difficulty. I have a question for all the people that keep saying the instances are too easy.

What was the general item level of your fellowship. Did you do these instances with item lvl 330 gear or item lvl 345 gear? If you chose the latter, did you consider that these instances might be actually harder to farm with low quality gear. I just want to make sure that we don't give false feedback by using the gear that makes people faceroll these instances, because I feel like highest gear we will see in 21.2 will be either item lvl 330 or item lvl 337-338.
    For myself, I've been tanking and dpsing in the best possible gear that's available on live right now. So I believe that's around item level in the 320s? There were some hits that were just way too big for people to take no matter what gear they were wearing, though. Thraknul, for instance, had some piercing shout that was hitting my t2 mit, 55% crit def, tome of defence guard while having all the LM debuffs on him. Granted, this is the first round of beta and it's more than possible not every single mechanic and big skills from bosses are full implemented or figured out yet.

I would only say that the 3 man is too easy atm, with the 6 man I believe the difficulty is not too hard but some boss skills are just way too much damage, but can be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegass View Post

My group ran Seregost twice, both times with lvl 326 gear from live. Yes, this fight is full of bugs, but not challenging at all. Naerband is challenging but full of broken mechanics -- actually every mechanic of Thrankul is broken in one way or another.

After having beaten both the Dungeons of Naerband and Court of Seregost T2C I have compiled a list of bugs and general comments from myself and other people who have also run it.
    Note: I'll continue to update the two first posts here with feedback/bugs as beta rounds continue unless another thread is posted.

DUNGEONS OF NAERBAND FEEBACK
    Bugs:

1) At the first boss Gumog, it appears if you wipe once on the first phase where you fight the Scourges of Mordor, you will not be able to advance on the second attempt beyond that phase. Uilur(sp?), the Caerog, never spawns no matter how many times gumog repeats the phrase to do so.
    2) Also at the first boss, you are not able to walk through the adds that he summons. This creates two issues, if the mobs surround you you're screwed until you get a lucky punt, and also the mobs act as invisible walls which constantly LoS the healers and LM trying to heal/buff the tank.
    3) First boss mobs, scourges I believe, can trigger anti-exploit and cause the boss to reset. (I haven't had experience with this one myself) This is probably cause by the mobs not being unattackable/green before they walk out and aggroing outside of the smoke wall then getting stuck.
    4) Many of the spirits that are hidden in the cages along the route through the burning prison can get stuck behind the cell walls/doors. The pathing needs to be fixed as this can make the pulls significantly easier.
    5) Thraknul does some strange break dancing movement when he activates after his dialogue and stays on his platform for a bit.
    6) The levers do not appear to work and open the cages.
    7) You can attack the prisoners, and the prisoners can attack you, through the cage walls.
    8) Thraknul will also run around BEHIND the gate that the stairs lead up to. It's possible to run to the other side and he will run down, but the pathing definitely needs to be looked at for this boss also.
    9) I have no idea what the platform in the middle is suppose to do, but it doesn't seem to work beyond the first attempt. Similar to with gumog, it appears the mechanics are bugged and don't work after the first wipe.
    10) The boss skill "Chains of Malice" does not appear to work as intended. It says it does damage to caster, but it appears to damage everyone instead.
    11) A mark appears above your head during the boss fight with Thraknul. These do not disappear after completing or leaving the instance. There is also no description of what this symbol does or means.
    12) Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but trash pulls towards the end of the boss stop automatically aggroing you after the first 3. Not sure if WAI or not.
    13) There's an audio bug whereas if you die where the flame spirits area is you continuously hear the crackling noises of the fire burning, even when leaving the instance. Relogging fixes this bug.
    14) The uruk tortures have a skill that does Orc-craft damage. This damage type is not appropriate for a PvE instance imo, and should stick to moors where it was originally intended.
    15) I believe there are supposed to be adds that spawn from the center and orcs that drop down as the fight progresses. This only happens on the first fight, and resetting/wiping the boss seems to stop this from happening.

General Comments:
    Damage:
    I have only done the trash to Gumog so far without an LM. It is difficult, but definitely possible with a good healer, tank, and dps. However, I believe that without an LM the first and second bosses will be nigh impossible. The damage done by the troll, warg, and drake on Gumog do far too little damage. On the other hand, Rottenwing and Uliuer deal far too much damage with theirs DoT's specifically.
    Trash mobs:
    The mobs to the first boss are not bad. However, the trash between the first and second bosses takes far too long to clear. I suggest removing half the pulls and instead putting some sort of mini boss in it's place. It does not have to be as difficult as Thraknul or Gumog, but the amount of mobs and how long it takes to clear them is just...too much.
    *******WORK IN PROGRESS******
    Court of Seregost
    Bugs:

1) At first boss: Gorkasak/Kulgru, there is a gate at each side, if the bosses don't run out while the gate is closed they get stuck and they won't move outside. Note: If you kill both bosses before leaving their areas and going to the middle path, you will also be forced to leave instance and rejoin since the gates won't go back down.
    2) It appears at the last boss Lhaeraeth, you need to kill 8 bats to activate the challenge and summon khilnat, however if you wipe and try again, the bats won't spawn
    3) If you kill khilnat, you can't attack the cauldrons anymore and you are forced to reset and do the fight again to finish it
    4) There's a 30 second stun duration by the bats and there is no way to leave that stun, it is kinda OP and should be nerfed
    6) Subsequent attempts if you fail the first fight result in the bats now spawning. This makes it impossible to complete challenge unless you complete it on the first attempt.

General Comments:
    Damage:
    The damage in this instance seems very off. The trash is very easily soloable by a warden in blue, and this probably means that a healer would also have no problem healing this with 2 dps quickly burning trash. The two bosses were even less harder to outheal on warden than the trash mobs. The first pair of mobs, the twins, need to have their damage buffed in some way to increase the difficulty of this fight.
    Boss 2: Dolgobeth seems far too dependent on whether or not you interrupt his induction. Nerfing the damage so it doesn't one shot everyone not a heavy, and increasing the damage of his base attacks might be a more balancing act for this fight.
    A timer of some sort would be appreciated to show how much time we have to kill the cauldrons and bats. Also, if we fail, it should clearly state so.
    Bosses: Adding adds that spawn during the boss fights could help to make the fight more challenging whilst not forcing you to buff the defenses/morale/damage levels of the bosses themselves to something that just makes the fight long and RNGish.
    Don't be surprised if 1 or maybe 2 of these gets fixed before it goes live.

When beta was first opened and the client crashed on naerband when you engaged the first set of mobs. How was this not picked up on Palantir? Surely people on palantir will have noticed their client was closing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Host- View Post
    When beta was first opened and the client crashed on naerband when you engaged the first set of mobs. How was this not picked up on Palantir? Surely people on palantir will have noticed their client was closing right?
    Sometimes bugs appear in this very build, not inherited from previous builds. This is typical for software development.

I'm actually very curious how combat sound option can crash your game in the first place. Devs of this game must love the engine.

Unless they totally fix or remake the last boss fight, instance will be absolute joke

We did the last boss this weekend without kiting. The boss skill "Chains of Malice" works properly. Unfortunately we got mobs spawning bugged after the first attempt (and were lazy to spend another 35 minutes cleaning the whole instance again) so it wasn't as challengable as it was supposed to be.

Chains of Malice does not work properly, if someone gets the buff and that person gets heal -> debuff spreads -> continues spreading with other people and you will pretty much one shoot the whole group.
    Also I think bear tanking kinda ruins the fun, doing it with 2 guards perma aggro swapping was much more challenging and fun but it's good to know theres more ways of doing this.

I realize this is the first beta build on this content, so I'm hopeful that they'll make fixes before going live. That being said...track record would indicate otherwise. Are we looking down the barrel of yet another bug-plagued live release?

"Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandy View Post
    We did the last boss this weekend without kiting. The boss skill "Chains of Malice" works properly. Unfortunately we got mobs spawning bugged after the first attempt (and were lazy to spend another 35 minutes cleaning the whole instance again) so it wasn't as challengable as it was supposed to be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0irTyBwgMA
    Regardless of the strat used, I think both of these videos prove that damage is way too high from the boss if people are being forced to swap aggro or use LM bear in order to complete it. Definitely deserves to be addressed in the next build.

I did not tested these ini´s my selfe, but if you need to use mechanics like LM bear, this is a rather good sign, imo. We wan´t callanging and not only content that we can farm like crazy. People will get more and more tanky with the new gear.

Is there any positiv effect if your light is higher then 100, like with hope? Maby something in this direction could also help. If you need currently 100 light, add a 5%hp/mitigation/dmg buff, if you are at 200 light or something like this.
    Gertes

Using 2 guards or using a bear to receive little to no damage at all. Sounds like a fun boss fight

BETA 2:

I tested running dungeons of naerband with current live gear and I think it's not balanced, we got to the first boss and all bosses hit extremely hard, also the bug where npcs/bosses are line of sight is still there, so you can't heal unless the tank pretty much kites whole run, other than that uiliur one shoots with those flames that come up from the ground, the bleed is too big to outheal.

So pretty much there is no balance between the bosses and you made changes where they are not needed

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    BETA 2:

I tested running dungeons of naerband with current live gear and I think it's not balanced, we got to the first boss and all bosses hit extremely hard, also the bug where npcs/bosses are line of sight is still there, so you can't heal unless the tank pretty much kites whole run, other than that uiliur one shoots with those flames that come up from the ground, the bleed is too big to outheal.

So pretty much there is no balance between the bosses and you made changes where they are not needed
    You can't test 6-man T2 with current live gear as it has 200+ shadow now, so you have +40% incoming damage and etc. debuff on.
    Craft some new items to reach 200 light (other gear is not available).
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone