We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    My pleasure, Earthsuit, I'm glad you are finding it useful.

    Version 1.22 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

    Version 1.22 release notes:

    New features:

    • Added a "+" button for creating new tabs.

    Bug fixes:

    • Fixed a bug that caused alerts to be duplicated when deleting, renaming, or changing the color of a tab.
    • Minor cosmetic bug fixes.

    Other changes:

    • Inactive tabs will now disappear when the mouse departs the window, if the "hide window border when mouse is away" option is enabled.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    4 Chalk Road, Nettlevale
    Posts
    1,975
    Feature request: Drag and drop (or right click and assign) a reminder to a tab.

    Reasoning: I use tabs for characters. Reminders often assigns all reminders to the main character's (though seemingly haphazardly to others as well). I would like them to be tidy as I sort them.

    Great plugin!

    Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    Feature request: Drag and drop (or right click and assign) a reminder to a tab.
    Drag and drop may be added in the future. For now, you can right-click on a reminder to move it to another tab. There is a trick, though: It can't be the currently selected reminder. So before right-clicking on the reminder, you should deselect the reminder, either by clicking another reminder, or by clicking in the blank area of the window.

    Reasoning: I use tabs for characters. Reminders often assigns all reminders to the main character's (though seemingly haphazardly to others as well). I would like them to be tidy as I sort them.
    The plugin should not assign reminders to tabs "haphazardly". If it's doing that, it's a bug -- please let me know if this is the case.

    For each type of automatic reminder (for example, crafting reminders) you can specify which tab the reminder will go under, for each character. This is in the options panel (click the big "options" button at the top of the window), under the "Character" tab.

    First choose the character from the list at the top. Then you can enable/disable different kinds of automatic reminders, and specify which tabs they go in, and which categories (colors). All of these settings are character-specific, so if you have a different tab for each character (for example), the plugin can always put reminders relating to those characters under their own tabs.

    When you manually create a reminder (by clicking the big "plus" button at the top of the window), the new reminder will be created under whichever tab you currently have selected.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    4 Chalk Road, Nettlevale
    Posts
    1,975

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Drag and drop may be added in the future. For now, you can right-click on a reminder to move it to another tab. There is a trick, though: It can't be the currently selected reminder. So before right-clicking on the reminder, you should deselect the reminder, either by clicking another reminder, or by clicking in the blank area of the window.

    The plugin should not assign reminders to tabs "haphazardly". If it's doing that, it's a bug -- please let me know if this is the case.

    For each type of automatic reminder (for example, crafting reminders) you can specify which tab the reminder will go under, for each character. This is in the options panel (click the big "options" button at the top of the window), under the "Character" tab.

    First choose the character from the list at the top. Then you can enable/disable different kinds of automatic reminders, and specify which tabs they go in, and which categories (colors). All of these settings are character-specific, so if you have a different tab for each character (for example), the plugin can always put reminders relating to those characters under their own tabs.

    When you manually create a reminder (by clicking the big "plus" button at the top of the window), the new reminder will be created under whichever tab you currently have selected.
    Once again I'm a noob Will go and explore the options the first time I'm in game.

    (No problem at all with manual reminders)

    Thanks for the tips!

    Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

  5. #30
    Version 1.24 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

    Version 1.24 release notes:

    Bug fixes:

    • Some users reported crashes when logging out. In an attempt to fix this, I've implemented a workaround for an apparent bug in the game client, relating to saving of plugin settings.

    New features:

    • New option: Normally the plugin will not allow a tab to be deleted if it contains reminders. A new option will allow this safety protection to be turned off.
    • New option: You can now select "ants" or "solid line" for the style of the selection box.

    Other changes:

    • If the expiration time for an expired reminder is edited, the dialog will now show the previous expiration time, rather than "now". This facilitates easily adding a day/week to the last expiration time.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  6. #31
    Version 1.27 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

    Version 1.27 release notes:

    Bug fixes:

    • More attempts to address the problem of crashing at logout, reported by some users. Please keep the reports coming!
    • The plugin should only open the main window at login if you had it open the last time you logged out. In the previous version, this didn't work.
    • Fixed some error messages that occurred if you installed the latest version of SequenceBars after installing Reminders.

    Other changes:

    • The plugin settings are no longer displayed within the Plugin Manager window; instead, they are displayed in their own separate window. (Attempt to eliminate crashing at logout.)
    • Updated French/German translations. Thanks Gloradan, Glafria.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    • The plugin settings are no longer displayed within the Plugin Manager window; instead, they are displayed in their own separate window. (Attempt to eliminate crashing at logout.)
    • Updated French/German translations. Thanks Gloradan, Glafria.
    FWIW, if you included a bound scrollbar in your options panel and use the plugin manager that was one known source of plugin crashes. One of the many reasons I don't use the plugin manager for my options. I don't know if that is still a cause of crashes as I haven't had any reason to verify the behavior lately but if you are still curious, that would be one thing to check (just get rid of the scrollbar and see if the crashes go away) but I would still recommend ditching the plugin manager for options as there were other issues with it as well.

    EDIT: I knew I vaguely recalled another author having a problem that was still related to the Options in the Plugin Manager not too long ago, it was gillothrin on lotrointerface.com:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ad.php?p=11952
    I've been fighting a cold for the last week or I would have recalled this sooner.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 19 2017 at 10:17 PM.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    FWIW, if you included a bound scrollbar in your options panel and use the plugin manager that was one known source of plugin crashes. One of the many reasons I don't use the plugin manager for my options. I don't know if that is still a cause of crashes as I haven't had any reason to verify the behavior lately but if you are still curious, that would be one thing to check (just get rid of the scrollbar and see if the crashes go away) but I would still recommend ditching the plugin manager for options as there were other issues with it as well.

    EDIT: I knew I vaguely recalled another author having a problem that was still related to the Options in the Plugin Manager not too long ago, it was gillothrin on lotrointerface.com:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ad.php?p=11952
    I've been fighting a cold for the last week or I would have recalled this sooner.
    Thanks, Garan. Unfortunately testing is difficult, because I rarely see the problem on my setup, so I have to rely on users to send me feedback about whether the problem is solved. Removing the options from the Plugin Manager fixed the problem for one user, but another told me the problem is still happening. So I'm still looking for any other root causes. Please let me know if you think of any others.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload